Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Right Place and the Right Mime (410)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
    Ha, I saw the episode it was pretty cool. But what was Delia saying in her mind? Thats what she did mostly during the episode talking to herself. What was she saying? Anything important like Ashs dad being a leader? Heh, I doubt it but does anyone know?
    It can mostly be boiled down to "Ash just got home yesterday, and I wish he would stay a while, but no, he's already planning to leave for his next journey. Oh well, that's what Trainers do."

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Nyaasu was probably saying how the net was specified for Pikachu, but not all Pokemon in general (I think I caught "zenbu Pokemon", anyway).

I can back up Serebii's statement that Coatoise, Onigohri, and Haruka's Fushigidane were all left at the lab. Ookido asked Haruka something along the lines of "Is your Fushigidane going here?", then after Haruka confirmed it, Ookido began speaking again and mentioned something about Satoshi's Coatoise and Onigohri in particular, and none of his other Pokemon, leaving me to assume that yes, he did leave them. Maybe Murgatroyd can confirm if he actually states any particular reason why those two were being left behind.

Hey, did anyone else notice the way Kingler suddenly disappeared? Look closely at all the group scenes. Between the time he shakes claws with Heigani to the time he's seen in the distance by the flaming wreckage of Rocket Dan's mecha, along with everyone else, he's just gone. Heigani's missing in a few scenes too, but seeing as he's rather small, I could just come to the assumption that he's hiding behind someone. Kingler, though.... the guy's so wide, he'd still be slightly visible even behind Kabigon. Speaking of Kabigon, if you were searching for Kingler like I was during those scenes, you'd notice some pretty funny tidbits. Like, when they're falling in the pit, Coatoise, Onigohri, Heigani, and probably someone else are all sticking out from under Kabigon (poor guys).

OK, with all the people bitching about Haruka's new Zenigame, they seem to be overlooking something else about this episode that, personally, gets on my nerves. I knew the preview basically said this would involving Satoshi's Fushigidane playing a part in battle, but geez, out of all of Satoshi's Pokemon there, was it really necessary to have him be the ONLY one using any attacks against Rocket Dan (him and, of course, the usual Juuman Bolting Pikachu, as well as Haruka's Wakashamo and her own Fushigidane, basically Pokemon that have been active as of recent episodes)? Come on, I appreciate my beloved Bayleef having a cute moment with her trainer, but it would be nice if I could see her actually kick some ass, something she hadn't done since Hadzuki's Hellger. This pisses me off. Everytime Satoshi's reserves are around, it just seems to be an opportunity for his Fushigidane to show off yet again. He stole the spotlight in the 2 Housou episodes at Ookido's, he got his own episode in Advanced Generation being with Haruka's Fushigidane, and now this. I don't care if he is Pokemon #001, the guy's being showcased too damn much to be good (and besides, if Haruka has a Fushigidane, that's just more spotlight put towards the #1 species). Listen you little blue-green, parasitic plant-infected toad, you better tone it down a lot, and I mean a friggin lot, during the Battle Frontier. You've had your time, your entire species has had its time, your species probably got more time than any other non-Pikachu/Nyaasu Pokemon could get, but now it's time for Bayleef-tachi to have their chance to shine, dammit.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 3rd July 2005 at 4:20 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Question

Did ANYBODY notice that when Ash and May got a NEW PokeDex, Ash's was the standard Red color; and May's was a Cream color!? O.o

Any thoughts on that!?

Trendy_boy87 Guest

omg haha for all of you that have downloaded the japanease version skip to the scene where mey and ashs bulbasaurs meet and shake vines just if you listen mays bulbasaur say PIKA im being serious

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    OK, with all the people bitching about Haruka's new Zenigame, they seem to be overlooking something else about this episode that, personally, gets on my nerves. I knew the preview basically said this would involving Satoshi's Fushigidane playing a part in battle, but geez, out of all of Satoshi's Pokemon there, was it really necessary to have him be the ONLY one using any attacks against Rocket Dan (him and, of course, the usual Juuman Bolting Pikachu, as well as Haruka's Wakashamo and her own Fushigidane, basically Pokemon that have been active as of recent episodes)? Come on, I appreciate my beloved Bayleef having a cute moment with her trainer, but it would be nice if I could see her actually kick some ass, something she hadn't done since Hadzuki's Hellger. This pisses me off. Everytime Satoshi's reserves are around, it just seems to be an opportunity for his Fushigidane to show off yet again. He stole the spotlight in the 2 Housou episodes at Ookido's, he got his own episode in Advanced Generation being with Haruka's Fushigidane, and now this. I don't care if he is Pokemon #001, the guy's being showcased too damn much to be good (and besides, if Haruka has a Fushigidane, that's just more spotlight put towards the #1 species). Listen you little blue-green, parasitic plant-infected toad, you better tone it down a lot, and I mean a friggin lot, during the Battle Frontier. You've had your time, your entire species has had its time, your species probably got more time than any other non-Pikachu/Nyaasu Pokemon could get, but now it's time for Bayleef-tachi to have their chance to shine, dammit.
    Ohh, don't worry, I noticed. I forgot to say anything in all the hoo-flah. But yes, I was baffled as to why none of the other Pokemon (specifically Johtos) were allowed to fire off some attacks. It was TR for goodness sake; it wasn't as if a horrible event was about to occur. Ah, but nope, it has to be Bulbasaur... and it's frickkin' Solarbeam! Snorlax also did some damage (which you didn't mention), though he's basically in the same boat as Bulbasaur in terms of past glory and Pokemon representation (HELLOO MUNCHLAX). So, no Flamethrower from Cyndaquil, no Razor Leaf from Bayleef, and not even a Water Gun from the dinky Totodile. Talk about playing favorites...
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Ash XD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Runpapa
    Charizard doesn't need to come back. You want him to come back.
    No,yes i want Charizard he needs spotlight he has already been at that freakin valley way too long also charizard needs to come back to shut up that Grovyle...... and show hm who is boss in the BF battles

Quote Originally Posted by Ash XD
    No,yes i want Charizard he needs spotlight he has already been at that freakin valley way too long also charizard needs to come back to shut up that Grovyle...... and show hm who is boss in the BF battles
    No. He doesn't need spotlight. The likes of Noctowl and Heracross need spotlight, because they haven't done anything besides take part in one or two decent battles.
    Charizard had plenty of episodes devoted to it AND was the star of the Johto league, leaving the rest of his team in the shadows.

Charizard needs more spotlight? I'm sorry, but you're talking crap.

He's talkin crap; Charizard had enough spotlight, just watch the damn Johto League...

The likes of Noctowl and Heracross need spotlight, because they haven't done anything besides take part in one or two decent battles.
    Yea, I agree with that.

LOL @ Charizard fanatics. We've seen enough Charizard, okay? Ever since it was a Charmander, it every gym match it participated in(Erika, Koga, Blaine, Falkner, Clair), it was the last pokemon, meaning it was the one who got the spotlight. It was also the last pokemon in the Indigo/Johto league. Do we really need more? I don't think so.

I'll never understand why people are so blinded by Charizard so much. It's always 'Charizard should come back because it's Ash's pokemon!', 'If Ash used Charizard in Hoenn, he would have won!' or 'Charizard is the strongest pokemon in the game between the three Kanto starters! (pokepolls section)'. Give it a rest, guys.

Like Gravy said, I'd much rather see pokemon like Noctowl, Muk or Kingler.

Quote Originally Posted by frednmethod
    LOL @ Charizard fanatics. We've seen enough Charizard, okay? Ever since it was a Charmander, it every gym match it participated in(Erika, Koga, Blaine, Falkner, Clair), it was the last pokemon, meaning it was the one who got the spotlight. It was also the last pokemon in the Indigo/Johto league. Do we really need more? I don't think so.

I'll never understand why people are so blinded by Charizard so much. It's always 'Charizard should come back because it's Ash's pokemon!', 'If Ash used Charizard in Hoenn, he would have won!' or 'Charizard is the strongest pokemon in the game between the three Kanto starters! (pokepolls section)'. Give it a rest, guys.

Like Gravy said, I'd much rather see pokemon like Noctowl, Muk or Kingler.
    well Charizard has alot of fans, as do Bulbasaur and Squirtle (Why do I have the feeling May might get a Charizard all of a sudden?) starters are always popular and these 3 were the first.

Hales Guest

Charizard needs to show up Grovyle? *baffled* why? I like Charizard and I adore Grovyle, they shouldn't show each other up because they're on the same team (Ash's Team). Charizard's Ash's best fire type because its had way more screen time than Cyndaquil (poor thing) and Torkoal (poor guy), Bulbasaur is another story, I like the guy but I wouldn't have minded Bayleef showing her tough side for a change... that and I doubt Max has seen Bayleef in action before, unlike Bulbasaur... and Max being Max probably would have enjoyed it

At least Bayleef got to rescue Ash, which I happen to this is adorable, but then I adore Ash's Bayleef so I'm bound to think it's adorable

Inkan1969 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hales
    At least Bayleef got to rescue Ash, which I happen to this is adorable, but then I adore Ash's Bayleef so I'm bound to think it's adorable
    Yeah, of all the old pokemon, Bayleaf got to have a starring scene. I just saw scans of that scene. She looks so adorable rescuing Ash.

Too bad though...Bayleaf doesn't know anything about Latias. Boy if she found out, she might be so heartbroken she'd try to use her vines to hang herself with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hales
    Charizard needs to show up Grovyle? *baffled* why? I like Charizard and I adore Grovyle, they shouldn't show each other up because they're on the same team (Ash's Team). Charizard's Ash's best fire type because its had way more screen time than Cyndaquil (poor thing) and Torkoal (poor guy), Bulbasaur is another story, I like the guy but I wouldn't have minded Bayleef showing her tough side for a change... that and I doubt Max has seen Bayleef in action before, unlike Bulbasaur... and Max being Max probably would have enjoyed it

Personally if Charizard does return i would like to see him fight with Grovyle in a double battle more than anything, and at least battle in two facilities, heck if he only battled in one, that would be cool.

As for Bulbasaur, i think the reason why it was the only one to get to fight was due to the fact that it seems to be "the lab peacekeeper", and appaerntly has the honor of fighting off invaders while others sit back and watch, of course that's in the writers eyes of course.

wrong. He was meant to keep peace between Pokemon that kept starting fights. He wasn't specifically intended to be the sole defender of the whole friggin place against invaders like Rocket Dan. Peace-keeper, defender, difference, got it? I swear to god, guys like him and that Zenigame wouldn't look near as hot as they do now if the Jouto guys were only given a chance to learn techniques like Solar Beam and Hydro Pump. Hell, after the time Jouto dragged on, all those fights against Rocket Dan and such, it would've made perfect sense to have them eventually acquired such techniques at one point. God, the ways they've been gipped to high hell.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Ash XD Guest

Ok Ok i've got the message smartasses i'm only saying spotlight doesn't matter for the writers only the pokemons that are the big hit in the anime of Ash's team stay like Grovyle,Corphish and Swellow these three aren't so strong as Glalie or Charizard and still they treat them like crap so BAM they let the strong ones out and the famous in WTF?(sorry but Torkoal was left because he just wasn't strong enough)And that's why Heracross and Noctowl or any other pokemon of Ash stay at Oak's, the writers know they are strong but they think they are not going to be a big hit in the anime so bug off.Sheesh sometimes they do some serious S^it and what if i'm a charizard fan so f$ck all of you he is after all the best pokemon Ash has, followed by Glalie.
    Last edited by Ash XD; 5th July 2005 at 8:42 AM.

Do you know WHY they leave the strong behind? It's so that Satoshi doesn't breeze through the leagues. o_O It'd be short as hell if he kept his strongest always with him. Not to mention, wouldn't be fair not to rotate his team every now and then.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

let's just hope something good comes out from all this crap

WindyNight Guest

I just watched that episode...
    Kinda weird that May gets a cry-baby Squirtle...It's sad that May left Skitty and Beautifly in Petalburg...VineShipping is great...Those two Bulbasaur look cute together..It's great for Ash to take Phanpy back..It's a good ground Pokemon..Bayleef is really sweet to Ash like always...
    And yay! There are Pokemon Contests in the Kanto Region now! lol
    The new PokeDex Ash and May receive are good...I like the red one better..
    Overall, I give a rating 7/10 for the episode...

Ash XD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Do you know WHY they leave the strong behind? It's so that Satoshi doesn't breeze through the leagues. o_O It'd be short as hell if he kept his strongest always with him. Not to mention, wouldn't be fair not to rotate his team every now and then.
    Yeah i know that but why not include noctowl or bayleef huh? that are very capable to gain victories for Ash why because they're not going to be a big hit in the anime. You are talking about rotation? then why are pokemon that need that"spotlight" still at Oak's why? If you don't know then don't talk
    Last edited by Ash XD; 5th July 2005 at 9:04 PM.

You are talking about rotation? then why are pokemon that need that"spotlight" still at Oak's why? If you don't know then don't talk
    Because the writers of this show are inept when it comes down to having eahc pokémon perform, or be featured equally. Its been the same story for almost 8 years now...

For the record, neither Glalie nor Charizard have been 'treated like crap' as you put it. Glalie dominated the league and Charizard has had plenty of decent screentime.

Swellow > Charizard & Glalie anyway.

Well, I finally got around to watching this episode and it was quite disappointing. I dislike Kasumi's Ruriri more and more every time it appears, and Haruka's Zenigame isn't much better. Sure it's cute and all, but I'm not fooled - the thing's evil. :P Then there's the fact that Fushigidane hogs the spotlight once again with solarbeam. I like the little guy, I really do, but enough's enough, I'm tired it all the other pokémon getting shafted so he can have his annual solarbeam-fest. And of all the pokémon waiting around for their fair share of the spotlight who is it that finally blasts off the Rocket-dan? Pikachu. ...Absolutely disgusting. --;

And I was really hoping Masato/Haruka's first meeting with Kenji would be a lot more interesting. Masato's sketching fantasy was alright though...

'Bout the only thing I really liked about this episode was this. Two of Satoshi's sweetest pokémon meeting each other for the first time and making friends = hell yes. The Heigani/Kingler interaction was pretty cool too.
    Last edited by Heracross; 7th July 2005 at 4:37 AM.
    ~

Yeah i know that but why not include noctowl or bayleef huh? that are very capable to gain victories for Ash why because they're not going to be a big hit in the anime.
    Yorunozuku's pretty much bland. It's nowhere near as great as the all powerful and fast Oosubame. Just about whenever Yorunozuku was used, it was KO'd more than it won battles. It was meant to look more pretty than anything else, aside from being used to scout and pop balloons. Bayleef is fine and all, but it had its run. Not to mention, it's just about the same as Fushigidane in way of attacks aside from being able to use Body Slam instead of Solarbeam. Plus Satoshi's got a better Grass-type with him. o_O Juptile > Bayleef

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Was it already summised that Max would eventually get into Pokemon Watching like Tracey?

Ash XD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Because the writers of this show are inept when it comes down to having eahc pokémon perform, or be featured equally. Its been the same story for almost 8 years now...

For the record, neither Glalie nor Charizard have been 'treated like crap' as you put it. Glalie dominated the league and Charizard has had plenty of decent screentime.

Swellow > Charizard & Glalie anyway.
    Look i'm not saying like they are traeated like crap in the way of wins and sptlight i'm saying too that i admit that the battles would be a breeze if those 2 were in the team but at least 1 of them woudn't be bad eh?

Yorunozuku's pretty much bland. It's nowhere near as great as the all powerful and fast Oosubame. Just about whenever Yorunozuku was used, it was KO'd more than it won battles. It was meant to look more pretty than anything else, aside from being used to scout and pop balloons.
    it's a shame that Ghost-types have to be so friggin rare, because Yorunozuku seems to be the most effective thing Satoshi has to use against them. Satoshi's Jouto Pokemon aren't entirely useless, but their problem seems to be that they seem too specialized. They'll only have the advantage in given scenarios rather than relying on brute strength a good majority of the time like several of his other Pokemon, and sadly, it seems as though the anime writers just aren't expected to have a situation that calls for a ghost-killer, or a very evasive fire/water-type, or someone talented in combining Vine Whip with a rather bulkey weight. But hey, Satoshi's fresh start thing only ended recently, and they are giving some spotlight to Gomazou now, so who's to say they won't eventually give something for the other Jouto Pokemon to do?

Bayleef is fine and all, but it had its run. Not to mention, it's just about the same as Fushigidane in way of attacks aside from being able to use Body Slam instead of Solarbeam. Plus Satoshi's got a better Grass-type with him. o_O Juptile > Bayleef
    I wouldn't really say she had her run. Sure, she was around for 150 episodes, but one would also have to consider that it was the least popular saga of the anime ever, so all the audience members who only just returned for Advanced Generation aren't getting the chance to see her in action. There was also the fact that Jouto had to share some spotlight with Kantou, as indicated by the first gym battle, the last gym battle, the Shirogane Tournament, ole' Fushigidane being around through most of it. And yeah, Bayleef did get to participate in the big battle against Shigeru, but she was thrown out pretty quickly there as well. My point is, after 3 years of no action and the anime's popularity having dramatically increased now, she and the other Jouto Pokemon are in some desperate need of limelight, a helluva lot more than Fushigidane (especially him) needs it.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast