Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Right Place and the Right Mime (410)

Factory Head Noland Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Yorunozuku's pretty much bland. It's nowhere near as great as the all powerful and fast Oosubame. Just about whenever Yorunozuku was used, it was KO'd more than it won battles. It was meant to look more pretty than anything else, aside from being used to scout and pop balloons. Bayleef is fine and all, but it had its run. Not to mention, it's just about the same as Fushigidane in way of attacks aside from being able to use Body Slam instead of Solarbeam. Plus Satoshi's got a better Grass-type with him. o_O Juptile > Bayleef
    Sir, I slap you with my internet hand! Anyhoo...

This episode was just amazing! That's the only word you can use to describe it.
    I loved every minute and didn't want it to end. It was so great seeing all the Pokemon together, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn (+ Munchlax for the sake of it).
    Bayleef was there! So was Totodile and Cyndaquil!! Happiness

I loved how Ash and May took on Team Rocket with their Bulbasaur, it was a great way to battle them. May's Squirtle is so tiny and kawaii! I'm so glad she has one, it will make a good team member!

It was great when the old Pokemon met Ash's Hoenn Pokemon. Corphish and Kingler, Noctowl and Swellow but I was surprised at Heracross and Grovyle, never thought of that one...
    I feel so sorry for Beautifly and Skitty being left at Petalburg, I'll miss them when May takes part in the Kanto Pokemon Contests but I guess, with Bulbasaur staying at Oak's, it gives May a chance to catch more Pokemon. Same goes with Ash as he had a spare place on his team. Here comes the capture speculations...

Lil Phanpy on Ash's team, it only seems fair that he takes it along with him as it hasn't had much screentime. I like Phanpy and I hope it performs well in Kanto, it's older now so probably a lot stronger than it was in Johto, I hope we get to see this strength.

It's a pity that had to turn up...I want him g-o-n-e! He should be the Gym Leader of Pewter City Gym again.
    I loved Misty's bag! A Spheal bag, what will they think of next?! A Lugia aeroplane?

The new Pokedex's are so cool, I love May's cream coloured one. I realised that they're the Pokedex's from FR/LG. I hope we see a lot of D/P Pokemon, Kanto Pokemon have had their day...more Johto appearances!!

I was hoping that Ash would have a mixed team for travelling throught Kanto, I'm sick to death of Grovyle, it bores me. Bring on the Bayleef!
    I love Swellow but I'd like to see the true power of Noctowl, we haven't seen it for a long time and it was used around the time when Flying type Pokemon were used pretty much only for popping balloons and pulling them so I think it's only fair that it gets a second chance.

I have much more to say but not enough time...

Jupitile?

I thought Grovyle's Japanese name was Jupitoru. Or is Jupitile the mix of Grovyle's Japanese and English names?

Its just another variation of the name when romanising it. I've seen it spelt as Juputol, Juptoru, Juputoru etc. Though, Juptile is probably the most accurate version....and it makes me wonder why they didn't keep its name for the american release. *scratches head*

Yorunozuku's pretty much bland. It's nowhere near as great as the all powerful and fast Oosubame.
    I don't think Noctowl was bland. If anything, it was just a missed opportunity. A flying type with the ability to manipulate the thoughts of its oponent and using psychic abilities? Sounds neat to me.

It did show off it's powers alot! Like in "Carrying On" it scared a Fearow by making it hallucinatingly see Noctowl as a Charizard. The Poke-Drug-Dealer as Pokemopolis says, Swellow was a heavy hitter while Noctowl seemed to try and outsmart it's opponents

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Though, Juptile is probably the most accurate version....and it makes me wonder why they didn't keep its name for the american release. *scratches head*
    Because it's not a lame pun that Americans will understand! Duh!

Anyway, Noctowl managed to do some things, but it never stood out like Swellow did. The only good battle it fought(that I can think of) was in Morty's gym. It never got to show off its psychic powers on a REGULAR basis, which is a shame since psychic moves are rarely shown.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugis Black Magician
    Once again Charmander gets screwed by the writers. -_-Since when the bloody **** can we post pictures?!!!??

And also, if Ash was going to drop off any Pokémon it should have been Grovyle and Glalie, not Torkoal of all things. But guess what kiddies, once again Cyndaquil gets screwed too. --__--

Who needs that elephant anyway? If anything Cyndaquil should have gotten top priority, then Totodile....
    I totally agree with you. Charmander is my favorite Pokemon yet before "A six pack attack" the last Charmander we saw was Richies in an episode that aired over 5 years before ASPA. Maybe Brock can get a Charmander, or Max just someone get the coolest Fire starter ever. We saw Bulbasaur & Squirtle way longer than Charmander, yet the writers give May a Bulbasaur, and a Squirtle. Now its Charmanders turn. Also writers while Ash is in Kanto have him see Pidgeot.

Yorunozuku's pretty much bland. It's nowhere near as great as the all powerful and fast Oosubame. Just about whenever Yorunozuku was used, it was KO'd more than it won battles. It was meant to look more pretty than anything else, aside from being used to scout and pop balloons. Bayleef is fine and all, but it had its run. Not to mention, it's just about the same as Fushigidane in way of attacks aside from being able to use Body Slam instead of Solarbeam. Plus Satoshi's got a better Grass-type with him. o_O Juptile > Bayleef
    Don't make me laugh. Hoenn Pokemon suck big time. Bayleef could kill Grovyle, and a Charmander could literally want to make a Torchic & Cyndaquil shoot themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Rocket Admin
    I totally agree with you. Charmander is my favorite Pokemon yet before "A six pack attack" the last Charmander we saw was Richies in an episode that aired over 5 years before ASPA. Maybe Brock can get a Charmander, or Max just someone get the coolest Fire starter ever. We saw Bulbasaur & Squirtle way longer than Charmander, yet the writers give May a Bulbasaur, and a Squirtle. Now its Charmanders turn. Also writers while Ash is in Kanto have him see Pidgeot.
    if May is to catch a Charmander it won't be till DP

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    if May is to catch a Charmander it won't be till DP
    Considering the show has the writers it has she'll probably catch a Charmander a couple of episodes before one of her contests.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Quote Originally Posted by Team Rocket Admin
    Don't make me laugh. Hoenn Pokemon suck big time. Bayleef could kill Grovyle, and a Charmander could literally want to make a Torchic & Cyndaquil shoot themselves.
    don't double post. Suck big time? lets see about that

Blaziken vs Charizard, winner Blaziken
    Glalie vs Charizard, winner Glalie

At least the Blaziken vs. Charizard match was dead even, the one with Glalie was kinda stupid, but then again, it's possible for an Ice type to beat Charizard, and that wasn't Ash's anyway.
    Oh and here's a good one that Gaiash forgot.
    Grovyle vs. Quilava. winner Grovyle, if it can beat the Jouto fire type, the jouto grass type won't last any longer.

Were there any shippy hints whatsoever in this episode? I am serious? Was there any eldershipping at all? *makes her patented cute face* Think of the, think of the shippers, when you see an ep.....
    Warhammer 40K Fangirl and a Wolf Lady Of Fenris!

Eldershipping isn't dead! Oak x Delia Supporter Forever!

Squirtlefan 1 Guest

I think the reason Ash took 5 pokemon with him is either because Squirtle and Charizard will be with him or thats an extra spot for a pokemon he captures in the Battle Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    don't double post. Suck big time? lets see about that

Blaziken vs Charizard, winner Blaziken
    Glalie vs Charizard, winner Glalie
    Blaziken beating Charizard was advirtising the Hoenn Pokemon, and the writers didn't want Ash to go any further. The Hoenn Charizard trainer was a complete noob losing to an Ice type, and also the writers wanted Ash to actually move on, and then lose big time to a Pokemon that has a sterotype of being weak
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Squirtlefan 1 Guest

I think that if I was Ash. I would've taken
    Pikachu, Glalie, Swellow, Bayleef, Torkoal

Grovyle was pants in the Houen league but good in the gyms.
    Corphish was good in the gyms but I reckon he should have time 2 get 2 know Kingler.
    Bayleef would always relish the chance to be with Ash
    Glalie was Ashs best pokemon in the Houen league
    Pikachu give me a reason why Ash wouldn't bring his starter
    Swellow if TR steal pokemon he's good 2 look 4 them
    Torkoal needs more experience

I would often switch 4 Noctowl and Phanpy.
    Last edited by Squirtlefan 1; 21st August 2005 at 10:29 AM.

Aalitichi Guest

Do you guys know what Ash and May were talking about, when they were at Ash's house drinking tea on the couch???

I think Ash asked her to go to the Battle Frontier with him, May said yes, and I think Max invited himself along, and May got mad.

I think, I don't know for sure...

hopefully ash will get a 4th gen fire type
    [IMG]http://oi56.*******.com/2mm900g.jpg[/IMG]
    ...made by PomPom

Quote Originally Posted by DSRGBA
    hopefully ash will get a 4th gen fire type
    What do you mean hopefully? In very generation so far they've given Ash the Grass type, fire type, water type and flying type of each region. The only difference with Hoenn was that he didn't get all the starters this time around.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

uhh ok............
    [IMG]http://oi56.*******.com/2mm900g.jpg[/IMG]
    ...made by PomPom

suavesky Guest

simply put

ASH NEEDS CHARZARD BACK

Well why coundn't misty stay WAHHHHH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxpsyco
    Ok, I'm out, this is turning into a game of spin the bottle O_o.

Grovyle was pants in the Houen league but good in the gyms.
    Yes but it can kick more butt than bayleef can and has a way better attitude.

Corphish was good in the gyms but I reckon he should have time 2 get 2 know Kingler.
    Unfortunitly unlike fire water seems to be a required element for Ash to own, and i think we would rather Corphish than Totodile.

Bayleef would always relish the chance to be with Ash
    No comment -_-

Glalie was Ashs best pokemon in the Houen league.
    Stole too much spotlight and became strong way too fast, do like the fact it took out a Sceptile thought (die plants die)

Pikachu give me a reason why Ash wouldn't bring his starter.
    He'll never get rid of it, or evolve it probably so why bother even thinking about it.

Swellow if TR steal pokemon he's good 2 look 4 them.
    why assume a role he already does well?

Torkoal needs more experience.
    the writers shouldn't have given him Torkoal at all after how neglected it became, heck i would have been willing for him not to have a fire type in Hoenn unless Torkoal would have been used more often

It's one of the best episodes I have ever watches.
    Personally, I like episodes which include diverse pokemon and characters.
    I hope after Kanto mini-saga there will be an episode like this again.
    Black 2 Friend Code: Efe / 0047 0990 1313 White Team: ;503; ;518; ;534; ;618; ;628; ;644;

Please don't post in stuff that hasn't been posted in for over a month. Read it in the rules. Anyway, since this guy started it again, I can't wait for it to come to U.S.A!!!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast