Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Right Place and the Right Mime (410)

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy
    Please don't post in stuff that hasn't been posted in for over a month. Read it in the rules.
    Dude, these are episode discussion threads. These threads were MADE for people to discuss any episode they want, no matter how old they are. These threads have nothing to do with the rules, it isn't that hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy
    Please don't post in stuff that hasn't been posted in for over a month. Read it in the rules. Anyway, since this guy started it again, I can't wait for it to come to U.S.A!!!
    Please don't just post telling people that they've made a mistake or misread the rules. These threads are exempt from the 'Month' rule. -_-;

Personally, I don't really like the dub name. It... really doesn't have anything to do with the episode. o_o Mr. Mime doesn't do ANYTHING of interest, and is not focused on. Ker-razy.

Quote Originally Posted by AM2K
    Well why coundn't misty stay WAHHHHH!
    Let me see. Maybe its because...

1) Her character has changed in a way she no longer fits as a companion
    2) Her Japanese VA has other voice work to perform so she'll only suply the voice for two or three episodes after each region is my guess
    3) The team is perfectly fine as it is, besides 5 characters in the team would be abit crowded this isn't Digimon you know
    4) All she really did in late Johto was pull Brocks ear and Max is doing that job quite well
    5) Because she has a Gym to run now, I mean her sisters only put on shows so Misty needs to do the battling

And theres more but you should get the point now

I saw the japanese verison of it. And I very have high hope for the english one. I mean one time you got a lot of Satoshi's friends all but Brock. But who cares about Brock. It will get Eric a change to do James's voice more.

I wounder what words they are going to use in Professor Oak for when Muk attack Birch and when he turn to Delia for clean up his place.

This episode was very bitter sweet for me. We got to see all of our old characters and Pokemon, but knowing that their voices are going to be changing right around the bend is a difficult thought to process (especially for someone like Professor Oak or Delia).

Quick Notes:

- Meowth kept the mustache that everyone was going insane about, right? Well there you have it.

- Snorlax's voice is no longer what it once was. I mean, not even to an acceptable level. Is this what every voice is going to be like with PUSA?

- Squirtle's voice HAS to be made for the Pokemon... It HAS to be!

- Excellent Trainer's Choice.

- Kanto Kanto Kanto!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

it's kinda weird hearing "Kanto" in the anime, the region's been around forever yet it's only been called "Kanto" by the group just an episode ago...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    This episode was very bitter sweet for me. We got to see all of our old characters and Pokemon, but knowing that their voices are going to be changing right around the bend is a difficult thought to process (especially for someone like Professor Oak or Delia).

Quick Notes:

- Meowth kept the mustache that everyone was going insane about, right? Well there you have it.

- Snorlax's voice is no longer what it once was. I mean, not even to an acceptable level. Is this what every voice is going to be like with PUSA?

- Excellent Trainer's Choice.

- Kanto Kanto Kanto!

I thought the same about snorlax..........not even the same anymore..and it made me think of the new VA that are comin..

But it was a great episodes..I loved the Kanto region... and I enjoyed this and the next episode afterwards alot, I think I'm really gonna enjoy the Battle Frontier Story.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    What do you mean? And I agree, I saw the last episode introducing Scott, and hearing "Kanto" was odd. Sounded good though.

End of post.

After listening to May's Squirtle's voice, it was definitely off from previous episodes (the most recent being the Hoenn/Kanto starters filler and then the Johto League Championship before that). Whether this was due to assigning a new voice actor, giving the Pokemon it's own distinct voice, or because the original voice actor was out of practice and could not mimic the old voice as well, the voice was grating and disappointing. When I was typing up my comment, because of such a horrible attempt at making that Squirtle sound like a Squirtle, my wish was for it to have been a voice concocted in the same manner of May's Bulbasaur: a different sounding voice because it was a different Pokemon that still belonged to a main character. The reality is that the voice could very well be the same old one, just 'out of shape', if you know what I mean.
    V | Faction

Personally. I have nothing against May's Squirtle. Its actually pretty cool. Better than her Bulbasaur, Beautifly and Skitty!

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Personally. I have nothing against May's Squirtle. Its actually pretty cool. Better than her Bulbasaur, Beautifly and Skitty!

I liked her squirtle too..and I was happy to see a charmander.. I really missed seeing them

Was it just me or was Hanako's dub voice much more high and annoying than usual? She kept doing that 'ooooo!~' thing and it made me wanna smack her. o-o;

Maybe this is something Veroncia has gradually been doing with her and I never knew since I hardly watch the dub anymore, but yeesh. Almost seemed like she was trying so hard to make Haruka and Hanako sound different that she made one sound really, really bad.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

That's absolutely correct. She was trying to form some distinction between May and Deliah. As Veronica Taylor got more accustommed to voicing May, she eventually drifted off into borrowing some vocal sounds from Ash's Mom, in order to make May sound a lot more feminine. Well, it wasn't too bad as we were in Hoenn, away from any sort of Deliah voice. What we get here is a struggle to maintain two different characters with pretty much the same sounding voice.
    V | Faction

Well, well, well, what do I say after seeing this episode?

TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY!

Okay, before I get banned here, this episode was okay for the most part (and this coming from SPPF's #1 Tracey fan). Don't get me wrong here, I love seeing Tracey and everything but considering this is my last time hearing his voice (good chance) it's just very special to me. I loved seeing Meowth in his little Hitler mustache (Haha).

So overall, pretty good!

P.S. Orangeshipping must die!

Thank you and Happy Easter!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Geki Guest

I like this episode a lot. I love reunion type episodes, and seeing all of Ash's old Pokemon again was a bonus. Misty and Tracey are awesome, as usual.

10/10

A decent episode. Seeing all of Ash's Pokémon again was nice, especially Kingler. Nice to see Misty and Tracey get in some battle action, too.

I'm also getting used to Team Rocket's new motto.....and I'm liking it, even.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

So, who got the reference?

Probably about 1.5% of the population outside japan that actually know of Sunday's existance? :P

And as an added note. That comparrison picture only serves to be further proof that outfits like that can only look good in animé.

I remembered them saying something like this when it aired in Japan. I thought the line would be kept anyway, even though we don't get the show...

Everyone's together again. I enjoy these episodes.

Great seeing Tracy again. He sounds the same as usual, which makes me high on nostalgia. o_o

I did notice Veronica Taylor over-acting her Delia parts, which makes sense if she wants to widen the gap between her voice and May's.

Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon, and Squirtle and Wartortle come right after it. But that squirt of a Squirtle shames all Squirtle... it's just a crybaby, nothing like the rough, rugged, punk Squirtle of the Squirtle Squad. It's only purpose was to replace May's Bulbasaur and freshen things up; I don't think I'll like this Squirtle as much as I'd usually like a Squirtle. >_>

And it looks like the only purpose Muk ever seems to have is jumping on people. -_- Shame. It was so strong, too...

Anyway, 7/10.

This episode was good. The TC was cool, but shouldn't the answer been Castform and not Swalot? (the question was which one of these pokemon can change in battle?) I'm gonna miss Ash's crying Torkoal, although I feel he should have kept Glaile. Also, in the beginning (if I heard correctly), did Oak call Ash's mom Julia??? Isn't Delia her name or is that her Japanese name???

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    Also, in the beginning (if I heard correctly), did Oak call Ash's mom Julia??? Isn't Delia her name or is that her Japanese name???
    Delia's only her dub name, IIRC. You probably heard wrong.

Anyway, Birch once said, "Let's give 'em help!" It sounded oddly close to "Let's give 'em hell!" If you didn't catch the "p", at least. Not sure if that was meant or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender

.....Is that a coincedence?

Loved the episode. No complaints, because the only thing about voices that matters is the dreaded replacements coming, other than that I dont care for how close characters sound to eachother and such.

Great to see the old Pokemon, the characters, and hear Tracey actually talk. I noticed prof.oak seemed to ignore Max's request for a Pokedex though -.- being distracted by a Pokenav upgrade.

Great episode overall, great season coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender

I caught it lol. They even said they were from the sunday show lol

waterdragon trainer No trainer's choice said which doesn't change in battle..
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 16th April 2006 at 3:04 AM.

Yay I loved this episode!

-BAYLEEF!!!...oh yeah and Snorlax, Tauros, Phanpy, Bulbasaur, and Muk all got some spotlight.

-However Totodile, Kingler, Cyndaquil, Noctowl, Heracross, Glalie, and Torkoal got virtually none.

-May mentioned Ash's Squirtle and Charizard...very suprising

-Kanto being named

-Vineshipping....good

-Misty is back for a little while. YAY

-Brock is back for this region. BOO lol

-Did Ash mention to Oak that he met Agatha. Perhaps he knows her. (Then again this is not the games)

I will give this episode a 9.5/10 because I love nostalgia. It was also a last hurrah for most of the cast playing certain characters.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast