Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Right Place and the Right Mime (410)

I bet there will be a contest in Celadon too, it's a big place. I was thinking about and since Ash has really grown as a trainer, and the way he handles battling now, Primeape could really fit in with him. Also, it's one of the pokemon he didn't officially give away.

This saga should be interesting, I think people are getting used to the idea and aren't as opposed to it as they were. There is a chance for many characters to be reshown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken
    And I'm a little bit worried. Bulbasaur's Solarbeam blasted off Seviper and Cacnea without Team Rocket **** blasted off minutes later]. Do you think this was Seviper and Cacnea's last blast off? Remember, this is how they got rid of James' Victreebel in Johto. Thoughts anyone?
    Meh, I wouldn't read into it too much. They've done this sort of thing with Arbok & Weezing on multiple occassions in the past, and once or twice with their Houen team. Its nothing to worry about.

Considering Contests are apparantly going to be randomly popping up during this little mini-arc, I'm very interested in seeing how they're going to handle it. It certainly does raise a lot of questions, one of which concerning the release of D/P, which Cybercubed kindly pointed out earlier. If the game is indeed set to be released in Novemeber, I do wonder how they're going to handle this. Thats around 20 episodes that will contain Frontier, Contests and inevitable fillers. Add to the the possibilty of another grand festival, and its really difficult to see them pulling this off without making a total mess out of it...again :/
    Perhaps the game really is going to be delayed, and maybe thats why all these random plot twists keep arising out of nowhere. Its all very suspicious if you ask me.

For the record, I don't plan on getting my hopes up for anything, and that includes bringing back characters from the past, or forgotten elites and gym leaders. I'm going to remian pessimistic this time, and not have my hopes torn to shreds~
    ...though, I can see the female protagonist of the Red and Green games showing up in a contest. That would be neat, ne?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy

Considering Contests are apparantly going to be randomly popping up during this little mini-arc, I'm very interested in seeing how they're going to handle it. It certainly does raise a lot of questions, one of which concerning the release of D/P, which Cybercubed kindly pointed out earlier. If the game is indeed set to be released in Novemeber, I do wonder how they're going to handle this. Thats around 20 episodes that will contain Frontier, Contests and inevitable fillers. Add to the the possibilty of another grand festival, and its really difficult to see them pulling this off without making a total mess out of it...again :/
    Perhaps the game really is going to be delayed, and maybe thats why all these random plot twists keep arising out of nowhere. Its all very suspicious if you ask me.

...though, I can see the female protagonist of the Red and Green games showing up in a contest. That would be neat, ne?
    What I wonder is how they refer to the Kanto contest quest in the episode. Is it sure they were referring to contests, as in plural? I don't think they'll be able to do 4-5 or even 2-3 contest in this 20-episode gap to November. They'll at least have to have 6-7 BF epi's, a couple of fillers and then the contest thing. I'm getting really curious as to what the goal is to this sudden contest thing. Is she just doing it for 'fun' or is she participating for ribbons? Because if the latter is the case, the writers will have even more problems shoving everything in 20 episodes. Unless they postpone D/P, as you said, but I don't think that'll happen.

Yeah, it would be cool if FR/LG girl appeared. Though I'd be even happier with Harley.

Leaf Green girl would be an awesome new rival for either Ash or May during this arc.

I liked it but I dont get the fact that at the end of the episode Brock all of a sudden comes back and then they just put a pic of some mountains I dont get it can some1 give me a knock in the head and tell me wat's the deal

Paired With The Sponge
    And My Bishie is Combusken

Links:
    My dA Gallery
    White-Be-Gone Express

Geki Guest

It was a big surprise to me that May would get Squirtle!! Also, why didn't she take Beautifly, Skitty, or Bulbasaur with her, they were all great Pokemon. Ash got Phanpy back, I knew he would since they upcoming short. I'm gonna go watch this episode now, goodbye.

KC thanx for the map, Juputoru i agree that we now have a good chance of seeing Janine take over her fathers (bet Darth Alfonso-san would be happy) and as for the missing facility i think either the pyramid or the tower cause they seem like the best candidates for being the last challange. I will also bet that the battle palace will be near lavender town, due to the "spirits." in the tower.

now for the episode,

Good points: it was cool to see the pokemon interact, Muk tring to smuther Birch, May getting a "new" pokemon, the pokedexs, and finally TR's destruction.

Bad points: TR desevered a thousand fold what they got, the Squritle has problems, although unique May's pokedex color is weird,and finally we learn Prof Oak has no security, or "Ninja" Phanpy has been taking lessons from a Scyther cause it just walked out of the lab without detection and all the way to Ash's house to join up with him without Oak or Tracey running after it.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 2nd July 2005 at 4:38 AM.

I wish Ash didn't drop off Glalie.And I hope he could replace Corpish with
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

Only 50 more episodes to go before it comes to the US i cant whate.
    Misspelling words on purpose isn't cool.

Hmm, I bet Ash will catch a new pokemon instead of bringing back an old one. I don't really want to see Chrizard. It's been a while since he caught something, and a new capture (as long as it's a strong one, I don't care for cute pokemon) would be good.

Waveblaster Guest

If he caught a new pokemon, maybe it could be a Clefairy. I mean, they already gave May a Squirtle. Anything can happen!

If he caught a new pokemon, maybe it could be a Clefairy. I mean, they already gave May a Squirtle. Anything can happen!
    God, that would be the most awful thing that could happen to him right now.

Waveblaster Guest

Exactly but I thought giving May a Squirtle instead of Ash's coming back was the worst thing...

Look I think May having a Squirtle is a good thing, maybe next series she'll catch a Charmander, that would be cool. Anyway I hope the next Oaks lab episode will be as good as this (by next I mean after BF btw). What I'm most happy about is that Ash isn't on a new start any more, he can bring a Pokemon from Oaks if needed which will make this series have the best of all the series (Kanto Region, Houen Heros, Houen Companions, Houen Pokemon and hopefully a bunch of Ashs Kanto and Johto Pokemon poping into the squad from time to time.

I'll only accept any of the Kanto starters if at least one evolves. Bulbasaur was the obvious one, but it's gone. Squirtle is "too young" and Charmander's evolution (if she gets one) would be a step too far.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    I'll only accept any of the Kanto starters if at least one evolves. Bulbasaur was the obvious one, but it's gone. Squirtle is "too young" and Charmander's evolution (if she gets one) would be a step too far.
    evolution isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    Skipping evolution is like skipping puberty. You just can't avoid evolution without losing respect and ability.

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Great, a Torkoal clone. That's just what we need. Let's add in hates PokeBalls while we're at it. This is going to be a long summer/fall.
    Ugh. Shut up, dude. Cotoise cries out of comic relief. It cries to show its emotions. Whether it be happy or sad. Zenigame simply WAILS like a big cry-baby because it's exactly that, a baby. It's more of a clone of Mariru from Jouto than Cotoise. You CANNOT compare the two, especially since Cotoise isn't afraid of anything.

And regarding Zenigame being afraid of being put into the ball whereas Togepi wasn't, think about it for a sec. Togepi was NEVER offered to be put into a ball. Zenigame's still a baby. It's afraid of being put into a cramp, small ball all alone. Pikachu didn't run and cry like a baby because it fought back by smacking away the ball whenever Satoshi tried to bring it back in the first episode. o_O Zenigame didn't because it's STILL A BABY THAT DOESN'T KNOW BETTER.

Skipping evolution is like skipping puberty. You just can't avoid evolution without losing respect and ability.
    Tell that to all the Pokémon that proved to be stronger than evolved Pokémon without evolving. Especially Fushigidane.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    Its better than being stuck with the same pokémon again, and shakes things up a little. There's nothing wrong with that.

Maybe so, but it's overrated. Especially when people keep chanting for evolution just because they believe evolution = being stronger, thanks to the games' influence and them assuming games = anime.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Maybe so, but it's overrated. Especially when people keep chanting for evolution just because they believe evolution = being stronger, thanks to the games' influence and them assuming games = anime.
    True true, but it did make Tailow much much stronger. I measn it was before but now as Swellow its even better I mean Tailow wouldn't of won the Mossdeep gym battle as a Tailow would it?

Anyway new rule no evolution talk

OK, there's a pretty large divide about evolution. You can't deny that Good<Better, as Runpapa Smurf greatly put it. Can you think of one pokemon that gets worse after evolving from a battling point of view? May's contests are a different story, but any pokemon can enter them in the anime.

My word. The Bulbasaur and Charmander seen in Oak's lab have some awful voices.

You had to love Muk in this episode. It was all over Birch like there was no tommorow. And I had to laugh when I saw him giving the poor proffessor a massage whilst everyone else was chatting.

Oh. My. GOD. Combusken saluting in a similar fashion to Wobbuffet = Cutest thing EVER!!
    And the scene involving Ash, Tauros and Bayleef was rather cute too. Its a shame Bayleef really isn't tagging along afterall. She's such a great pokémon and I miss her being on Ash's team dearly.
    When the two Bulbasaur's first meet each other. Where they both blushing? The video is a wee bit blurry, but there are two clearly visable red-ish marks on their faces. I don't really care much about Vineshipping either way, I'm just curious.

After seeing the Squirtle, hearing its voice and watching it interact with Haruka. Well. I'll be honest here. I'm not as frustrated at the aspect of her owning the creature as I was at first. It IS a rather cute pokémon, and even though my heart is shrivelled and black, I have a soft spot for the adorable creatures such as this little guy/girl. THE POWER OF MARKETTING.
    Battle wise, I still say its going to be a snooze-a-minute. I'm not THAT forgiving

Azurril on the other hand. That thing is DEFINATLY the new Togepi, and there's no doubt about it. Its functioning in the exact same way, and didn't even leave Misty's arms for the entire episode. And of course, just like its egg-based predecessor, it was barely animated at all.

The most dissapointing aspect of the entire episode had to be the interactions between pokémon, old and new. Absolutely NOTHING of interest happened between any of them, so there is no reason to get hyped up for the episode's release in America. A few handshakes in a single scene and that was pretty much it. No rivalry, no humourous actions, no romance, no nothing. It was crap, for lack of a better word.
    Pretty much the only ones that did interact PROPERLY where the two Bulbasaur's, which we've seen before anyway, and Pikachu and Phanpy, which was boring at best.
    Seriously, its like these writers just CAN'T be creative at all anymore. I mean, outside a few conversations with the human characters, the arrival of a new pokémon to the group and the disbanding of the original Houen team, this episode was as standard as it gets.

The thing is, people seem to expect every one of Ash's Pokemon to be at eachothers throats and yer all disappointed because they're not when there's no reason to be

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    The thing is, people seem to expect every one of Ash's Pokemon to be at eachothers throats and yer all disappointed because they're not when there's no reason to be
    I didn't except all of his pokémon to start disliking each other. All I expected was a bit of decent interaction between at least a fair handful of the pokémon he has, and we didn't even get that.

Well Bayleef looked a bit angry/annoyed when Ash was talking to his other pokemon, until it butted in.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast