Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Right Place and the Right Mime (410)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Azurril on the other hand. That thing is DEFINATLY the new Togepi, and there's no doubt about it. Its functioning in the exact same way, and didn't even leave Misty's arms for the entire episode. And of course, just like its egg-based predecessor, it was barely animated at all.
    at least Azuril battles, which is more than what can be said for Togepi. All Togepi did for battles was with Pikachu (which it only won because Pikachu likes the lil guy), a couple random mitramones and the episode that it evolved.

Didn't the pics show Kingler and Corphish and Heracross with Grovyle?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Yeah, but they did nothing but shake. Pretty bland, if you ask me. The writers could have done a whole lot more with the episode, and I'm not just talking about fights and rivalries.

We haven't even seen it battle yet, haven't seen it interact with others and I'll be Gaiash thinks the new Squirtle is 'fine' the way it is.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Runpapa Smurf
    We haven't even seen it battle yet, haven't seen it interact with others and I'll be Gaiash thinks the new Squirtle is 'fine' the way it is.
    At the moment I'd be inclined to agree with him. Its fine as a young and timid baby at the moment.
    But if they're going to have it around on the team for a while, I want to see its personallity develop over time, growing stronger and more confident in itself, and then evolving at least once to show that its grown from when it was small and fragile.
    That, imo, would make the arrival of this new pokémon a lot more worthwhile. Taking that route is what I'd have wanted them to do with Cyndaquil. It would be very interesting to see a pokémon like that develop its own personallity and such over an extended period of time.

Well, a Kingler and Corphish shaking is what I'm happy about but they drop off Torkoal and Glalie? Torkoal didn't get much spotlight, look at it. It loses multiple times in the rushed Hoenn League. And Glalie, after Snorunt's evolution, we don't know if it still has its personality. T_T May catching a Squirtle? Well, having the same Pokemon as Ash's is another worse thing but then again, she need a water type on her team! You always have to look at the bright side. For once, Phanpy needs more spotlight than the other Johto Pokemon, I mean come on, Noctowl, Totodile, Bayleef, and Cyndaquil already have their spotlight back at Johto. It looks like Muk likes men with white coats.

Arrow

I feel soooo sad and angry at the writers of this episode because Ash left Glalie and Torkoal at oaks but atleast he got one of his old jhoto pokemon back , well he needs it. And so sad that May left Skitty and beuatifly at home but I dont mind much that she left balbasaur at Oaks , probably to breed with Ash´s balbasaur , but the best part is that she keeps Munchlax and combusken and gains a cute , cuddly , little , crybaby squirtle well it makes a good adicion to her team , I think so and so Ash has now Pikachu, Grovyle, Corphish, Swellow, Phanpy and May has Combusken, Munchlax, Squirtle. So now good luck for our band of heros .

EDIT: Good lord, how about TYPING the names of the Pokémon, instead of using their sprites? And don't go overboard on smilies again, next time.
    Last edited by Chris; 2nd July 2005 at 6:17 PM.

Banner made by May_Beautifly. Im in the May fan club.

Banner made by Rufinito18.

Say what you will about the lack of Pokemon/Pokemon interaction in this episode, Ash and Bayleef's scenes looked WONDERFUL. Bayleef was just so desperately happy, cute, and clingy with Ash and it made for some awesomely cute scenes.

Also, look at how when the Tauros take Ash for a ride as they stampede they are all smiling in bliss. ^_^ They sure have an interesting way of bonding with their trainer. ^_^

Does anyone know what Ash/May were saying to each other while Delia sat on the couch blushing?

Waveblaster Guest

No I don't but it sounds like this thread will be attacked by Advanced Shippers any minute noe. *Runs to the internet bunker!*

Ash XD Guest

Charizard Needs To Come Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waveblaster Guest

It would be nice for Charizard to come back and Charizard probably will...

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Can you think of one pokemon that gets worse after evolving from a battling point of view?
    Third Gym Raichu. Sure, it gained power, but that power was awfully slow and it didn't have have the speed to catch up with Pikachu.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Ash XD
    Charizard Needs To Come Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Charizard doesn't need to come back. You want him to come back.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Does anyone know what Ash/May were saying to each other while Delia sat on the couch blushing?
    Ash explains to May everything about the Battle Frontier. Yeah and, after Delia tells Ash that May wants to partake in Pokémon Contests in Kanto, Ash asks May if she wants to travel with him again. That's it.

This episode was cute! XD Sorry, but I just fall for cute things. Squirtle was sweet, but the gleam on its head irritated me for some reason.
    And the music they used was awesome as well. I love Type: Wild and Pokettaari Monsutaari ^_^
    I liked this ep overall, but something that makes other eps so awesome was missing here, I don't know what.
    Last edited by Sushi; 2nd July 2005 at 6:29 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Hm. Is it me, or doesn't it seem rather nice that Hanako (aka Mama-san) actually got abit of a decent role here? Usually she doesn't get to say more than one or two lines, but she got to really show how much of a kind and strong hearted mother she is in this episode. o.o About time she did something other than telling Satoshi to brush his teeth everyday.

Ha, I saw the episode it was pretty cool. But what was Delia saying in her mind? Thats what she did mostly during the episode talking to herself. What was she saying? Anything important like Ashs dad being a leader? Heh, I doubt it but does anyone know?

It had NOTHING to do with Satoshi father. Nothing regarding his father was mentioned. How many times must I say that the guy is NOT IMPORTANT. She most likely recognizing how much Satoshi's grown up and how well he's doing with his friends. She hasn't exactly gotten to see him in quite this amount of time for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    And the music they used was awesome as well. I love Type: Wild and Pokettaari Monsutaari ^_^
    Agreed. And usually I hate Monsutaari (what a name), but I actually got into this time.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

There are times where they use it where it doesn't fit, but this is probably one of the first times they've used it outside of the ending theme for Pocket Monsters where it actually fits.

I think its nice that, recently, they've been starting to cut down on the pieces they use so often, the main culprit being 'Ready GO!'. I hope they continue this sudden trend, its quite a refreshing break from the norm. 'Advance Adventure' again please~

Yeah, I pointed out to Heracross the other day that the previous episode is probably the first time we've ever heard Advance Adventure being used during an episode without it being the lyricless version used during battles and the next episode previw or orchestrated version.

Talking about BGMs I noticed how there suddenly appeared a BGM that was very medieval-ish, which gives me the idea that this BGM is also used for the eigth movie.

Just weird how they use it before the movie is released o.o

This BGM came when Ash, May, Max, Misty and Tracey met up after the Tauros run, and all of Ash's Pokémon were introduced to eachother.

I really liked how "Mama-san" got to narrate at the start of this episode, as well as getting a very decent role as the trusting, caring and respectful loving mother.

And I'm wondering what she and May talked about, when they met. Since they must've talked for "Mama-san" to know May's travelling in Kanto for competing in Contests. =O

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Yeah, I pointed out to Heracross the other day that the previous episode is probably the first time we've ever heard Advance Adventure being used during an episode without it being the lyricless version used during battles and the next episode previw or orchestrated version.
    Actually, the lyrical version of Advance Adventure was in one of the early episodes, the first Roxanne episode in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy
    Talking about BGMs I noticed how there suddenly appeared a BGM that was very medieval-ish, which gives me the idea that this BGM is also used for the eigth movie.

Just weird how they use it before the movie is released o.o

This BGM came when Ash, May, Max, Misty and Tracey met up after the Tauros run, and all of Ash's Pokémon were introduced to eachother.
    I'm not really sure if it is a 8th movie BGM, considering so far they have only used BGMs from just the first six movies.
    Last edited by Golden Darkness; 2nd July 2005 at 8:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Third gym Raichu. Sure, it gained power, but that power was awfully slow and it didn't have have the speed to catch up with Pikachu.

not really a good example considering Surge evolved the dang thing as soon as he got, not teaching it anything other than straight power attacks, so Brock was able to analyze it's flaw and give Pikachu a way to win.

and i have two qusetions:
    1 What was meowth's excuse to jessie about the net.
    2.what did ash tell his little ninja elephant, when it walked up to him.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 2nd July 2005 at 10:43 PM.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast