Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: A Real Cleffa-Hanger! (411)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Gary and Paul weren't main characters MISTY was.
    Why would Misty be in an AG movie when she wasn't a main character of this series? Of course she wouldn't be in the Lucario movie even if she traveled with the group for another 10 episodes.

But it would be weird because after cleffa hanger is the lucario movie released and lets say if Misty didnt leave yet and she stayed for like 3 eps more and she was still with the group how can they not show her YET SHE WILL BE in the episodes AFTER cleffa hanger? this would confuse people. Because Lucario movie follows right after cleffa hanger.
    Last edited by Blessed; 7th February 2012 at 3:17 PM.

But it would be weird because after cleffa hanger is the lucario movie released and lets say if Misty didnt leave yet and she stayed for like 3 eps more and she was still with the group how can they not show her YET SHE WILL BE in the episodes AFTER cleffa hanger? this would confuse people. Because Lucario movie follows right after cleffa hanger.
    The movies are worked on a year in advance. They already knew they were keeping the Hoenn group the same when Battle Frontier started, there was no reason to put Misty in the movie if she wasn't returning to the cast.

The reason the Mastermind special did it is because it was a 10th anniversary special, so it made sense to have Misty there.

The Cleffa were really cute, and seeing Misty in this episode was nice. It was sad that she left the group again after this episode. And Max saying "many things run away from May's scary face" was awesome! Azurill's Refresh helping Pikachu was cute! And Misty being afraid of the Beedrill remains great. Seeing Metronome again is also nice, I love that attack! And seeing the Moon Dance was nice! 10/10.

It would have been nice if Misty could join the BF at least. To tie some loose ends in her story. This episode was so nice but it would have been even better if it was a misty/may one.
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    The Cleffa were really cute, and seeing Misty in this episode was nice. It was sad that she left the group again after this episode. And Max saying "many things run away from May's scary face" was awesome! Azurill's Refresh helping Pikachu was cute! And Misty being afraid of the Beedrill remains great. Seeing Metronome again is also nice, I love that attack! And seeing the Moon Dance was nice! 10/10.
    IKR! It was just so nice having her though, she just belongs there.
    Last edited by Blessed; 25th February 2012 at 11:51 PM.

I remember when this episode was coming out in Japan way back in 2005. At the time everyone noticed how lackluster the goodbye was, (at least compared to the others), Misty just turns around from Ash's group and they all start walking in opposite directions. There was no waving goodbye this time (like back in the Mirage kingdom eps), and everyone just walked off.

Of course back in 2005 we didn't know that this would be the final time Misty would appear in an episode for the next 6 years and counting. I wonder if the writers knew at the time that this would be Misty's final episode for the next two generations? I'm guessing not, as at this point they probably weren't even thinking about DP yet.

She came back in 2006 for the special.

She came back in 2006 for the special.
    But that was a 10th anniversary special, so it was expected. In terms of regular episode appearances, she flat-out stopped appearing after this episode.

As I said, I wonder if back in 2005 the writers knew this would be her last episode for the next 6 years. Did the writers even know about Dawn at this point? I am not even sure, as Battle Frontier was just starting.

It wasn't exactly a grand sendoff, it felt more like a Max episode than a Misty one, honestly.

They had started making new Pokemon and then they was thinking of who to use for the Sinnoh saga. If they hadn't trolled us with Paul being on the poster instead of Brock, then it would have been even better.

But as far as this episode was, it was boring. You have Brock, Max and Misty all doing really nothing but Ash and May was doing all the work. So something had to be done.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    They had started making new Pokemon and then they was thinking of who to use for the Sinnoh saga. If they hadn't trolled us with Paul being on the poster instead of Brock, then it would have been even better.

But as far as this episode was, it was boring. You have Brock, Max and Misty all doing really nothing but Ash and May was doing all the work.
    UMM, May didn't do anything in this episode so you saying that her & Ash had a big role here is absolutely crazy given how she wasn't the one who got lost. IT WAS MISTY & MAX.

I'm not talking about this episode but overall in the series. Only May and Ash were in any competition. It's not like now where atleast everyone is doing something.

My ideal battle ever!

It was cool sering Misty and Max having some bonding time and it was nice sewing the nod back to the early episodes with the Clefairy dance.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

A pretty interesting episode. I liked seeing Misty and Max interact with each other while they got separated from Ash and the group. Too bad Misty had to leave after this episode, it would have been nice if she stayed for a couple more episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I feel stabbed in the back by Pokemon after this episode. THIS was how Misty's return was handled? A WHOLE 2 EPISODES! And like everyone has already pointed out, there was no grand goodbye or anything.

I guess the good things that come from such a lack luster goodbye is that these friends all treated their goodbyes as if it was nothing special. Like they know they will just see eachother again and a simple "goodbye" is all it takes until next time. I guess what I mean is, they say goodbye as if reuniting was nothing special because, well, friends will always be there for eachother, so nothing more than a "see yah around" is needed. Their friendship is eternal.

Buuuuuuuut, seriously. This episode could have been handled so much better. WE DIDN'T EVEN GET TO SEE PSYDUCK! argh...

At the end of it all though, was this really a filler? There was certainly some strong character building and progressing through both Max and May. I mean, May took a huge step up here. Plus, it wasn't a bad episode. It is just as good as any other usual episode of Pokemon, but even more fun than that cause Misty was back!

Hard to imagine we are now nearly 10 years worth of episodes beyond this one now. 10 years...
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

Quote Originally Posted by minerswhocraft View Post
    I feel stabbed in the back by Pokemon after this episode. THIS was how Misty's return was handled? A WHOLE 2 EPISODES! And like everyone has already pointed out, there was no grand goodbye or anything.

I guess the good things that come from such a lack luster goodbye is that these friends all treated their goodbyes as if it was nothing special. Like they know they will just see eachother again and a simple "goodbye" is all it takes until next time. I guess what I mean is, they say goodbye as if reuniting was nothing special because, well, friends will always be there for eachother, so nothing more than a "see yah around" is needed. Their friendship is eternal.

Buuuuuuuut, seriously. This episode could have been handled so much better. WE DIDN'T EVEN GET TO SEE PSYDUCK! argh...

At the end of it all though, was this really a filler? There was certainly some strong character building and progressing through both Max and May. I mean, May took a huge step up here. Plus, it wasn't a bad episode. It is just as good as any other usual episode of Pokemon, but even more fun than that cause Misty was back!

Hard to imagine we are now nearly 10 years worth of episodes beyond this one now. 10 years...
    I'm not sure why this surprises you. They already gave Misty a goodbye twice in the last Johto ep and the Togetic episodes. It's also quite possible that at the time this episode was written the writers didn't know they wouldn't put Misty in another episode for 10 years. I'm not even sure if they knew they were going to change the cast every gen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I'm not sure why this surprises you. They already gave Misty a goodbye twice in the last Johto ep and the Togetic episodes. It's also quite possible that at the time this episode was written the writers didn't know they wouldn't put Misty in another episode for 10 years. I'm not even sure if they knew they were going to change the cast every gen yet.
    They most likely knew that they were going to change the female leads by then, episodes take at least 6 months to be made and put that with them knowing about gen. 4 before the BF episodes even started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

It was nice seeing Max and Misty bond like that and talking about their older sisters.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I was surprised that Misty had a Pokegear tbh. Seeing Mt. Moon again was kinda nostalgic at least, as was seeing Clefairy and Clefable dancing around the Moon Stone again like in OS. Anyway, I wasn't very pleased that Max and Misty were stuck babysitting some Cleffa, but at least that gave them a chance to get to know each other a lot better.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567