Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ***Hold it RIGHT THERE!***

What about myspaces?

Tiencha Guest

I hope not...

Unless your myspace is actually some sort of a proper website with content worth reading, no.

pisces_beedrill, it's either of the two. You can use a free layout or easy site builder as long as you have quite a bit of content too. The basic idea is that we have something to comment on.

Kanadian Kyuubi, user-made content isn't forbidden, but that just can't be all there is on your site, and it can not be a website that literally anybody can register at and add content to since then it's not really your content we'd be commenting on. As long as content submissions are moderated before ever appearing on the site and that's not all there is to the site, it's fine.

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

originally posted by: Dragonfree:
    Rule #1: Websites only - NO FORUMS
    In this forum, you may post your website to get it rated or simply for help regarding it. You may also discuss website-related things. However, you may not post forums, IRC channels, Oekakis, Wikis or anything else that has its content created by members rather than a certain webmaster and/or staff.
    I dont mean to be opposed to you but why is it no forums,like why dont you just make it that any advertisement on forums which dont comply with serebii standards be not advertisable.
    Just my opinion but is that rule only made to stop losing the serebii population because serebii is afraid hes forum site isnt good enough?

Please dont give me a warning either,i know that sounds stupid but it is just my opinion,why u can also tell me to shutup.
    Last edited by Ex_Mightyena; 12th March 2006 at 8:23 AM.
    Mirror mirror on the wall,is this not the best game of all?
    [IMG]http://i9.*******.com/2rm42g0.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Kyogre
    I dont mean to be opposed to you but why is it no forums,like why dont you just make it that any advertisement on forums which dont comply with serebii standards be not advertisable.
    Just my opinion but is that rule only made to stop losing the serebii population because serebii is afraid hes forum site isnt good enough?

Please dont give me a warning either,i know that sounds stupid but it is just my opinion,why u can also tell me to shutup.
    Well think about it, there'd be 1000 threads of advertising forums, some which would be crud. Then you'd have to add mroe rules like "More than two sections in a forum" and what not.
    SPPF Christian Alliance Club
    Paired with the spiggin' awesome Saya

PC Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800 (AM2 2.5 GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX480 (1024MB PCI-E) | ASUS M4A78 PLUS | 4x 1 GB DDR2 667 | 320GB Seagate/80GB Hitachi SATA

"Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow."

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Kyogre

EX Kyogre, perhaps if you actually read through the last posts on the last page to check that your question hasn't already been answered; you would know why. Lemme post Dragonfree's original answer to the question

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfree
    The only reason you can advertise actual websites is for getting criticism on them. If you're showing a forum, it's kinda ridiculous to tell you "Hey, that's a very nice forum! I like the category names!" or "I don't like your forum, this member is really mean." So basically, advertising a forum is just advertising.
    I believe your question is now answered, and was answered long ago.

Yes but advertising trying to get people to join,and actually guitarist bill not to be your enemie but if you read the very first post of this forum I recall it saying that serebii isnt responsible for the posts that are on em,but still if it has foul post just ban the user who advertised it.

Forums, take much less effort. They'd just clutter up tyhe forum, I mean, who wants to go around joining loads of forums?
    nostalgia

Yeah but every little thing counts!What makes up 100 dollars?1 dollars combined,surely there has gotta be one forum good enough,think of it,if Serebii was advertised somewhere else and you never heard of it would you join it?Why I found serebii off a link,if it wasnt for that that'd be one less member,250 less posts,I might even one day get a better post count.
    And that is pretty stupid coming from you jetx,cause you advertise a forum in your sig,so I will ask you the same question,Who wants to go around joining heaps of forums?

You waste database space by making posts about forums, because 99% of the time, they're invisionfree ones that only close friends go to anyways.
    ~ JKaizer ~
    PokePress

~ Paired with Jedi_Amara ~

You may only post one thread per month about a given website. If the previous thread is still active after a month, you may not start another thread until the old one dies.
    When replying to other people's threads, you may not post:
    Double, triple, quadruple, quintuple, etc. posts, many posts in a row in the same thread.
    What if the thread owner made the last post in the thread, (which would be 2 or 3 weeks for example), and the thread owner/webmaster of site being discussed in thread had a major update (such as addition/change of section, new layout, whatever)?
    The thread I posted about my Molly fan shrine is in this situation.

You waste database space by making posts about forums
    Same with having to make new threads on the same thing once they haven't been posted in a month :<
    Last edited by ottermi619; 4th September 2006 at 2:02 AM.

ummmm.............does my board count? i'd like to advertise it. if i'm allowed, to people:* please see sig*my board has pip ranks like this site! and more details...... um, i'd like my site to be a friend with serebiiforums, please.
    Last edited by Shadow_Lugia_Master; 25th September 2006 at 3:24 AM.

Forums/boards aren't sites, you you are not allowed to advertise them.
    Did you even read the rules?

And what you did counts at advertsing your forums, don't do it again.

Button by WereDragn
    Looking for Feedback (no registration required)
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

Now, I'm just curious. Not like I'm actually starting a site or anything...

Say you have a webpage that has forums (e.g., "PikaLand.net" full of game walkthroughs and news, and "forums.pikaland.net" as just a forum). You want a critique of the webpage. Would it be allowed to post a link to pikaland.net if you wanted a critique for the website layout and obviously weren't advertising the forum, even though there were links to forums.pikaland.net at the main page?

Yes, of course. If you didn't notice all of almost all the sites that are advertised have a link to their forum right there on the homepage usually under "site, *site name*, sitley, home" etc. on the nav bar.

I think Oekakis should be allowed to be advertised personally.

Are you worried about people going haywire with 'JOIN JOIN JOIN' posts?

Errrm, this thread says nothing about sites not related to Pokemon. If your site isn't related to Pokemon, you're allowed to post it right?

I've seen non-pokémon websites being advertised here before so I guess you can do that. Also, I have a doubt: about the rule of the layout having to be made by you or staff. It's not my case but let's say you suck at layouts and are thinking of starting a site. Will it count if you ask for a fellow webmaster of yours to make you the layout (the content and everything would still be made by you)? The site could be advertised in that situation, right?

Be sure to drop by The Sun Shrine, my site ^^.

A rather late reply, but hey.

Yes, non-Pokémon websites can be advertised, and note the "or" in the effort rule: you only need an originally-made layout if you don't have any content of worth. The basic idea is just that people need to actually have something to comment on, either a layout, some content or both.

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

I was wondering about Rule 6, where it says you have to have an originally made layout created entirely by me or other staff. I have a website on FreeWebs, and I don't have a Premium account. I use a layout that is available, since it won't allow me to make my own. Is that alright?
    Hey, I'm Primus, and I'm at the darkside. Won't you come to the darkness? We've got cookies! xD

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronsShadow View Post
    Come check out my site at http://www.freewebs.com/pichu10101/index.htm ! All Pokemon fans will love it!
    http://www.freewebs.com/pichu10101/index.htm
    lol...cool! But isn't that a Freewebs layout? I'm pretty sure it is, but it's just kinda-sorta disguised with the backgrounds 'n' what not...

But hey! It doesn't really matter! I think this is the about...umm...1st(??) website posted in this thread? lol XD Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'd still like to thank you for posting your site here anyway! I loved the Freewebs easy-builder days...(which are now over...XP)

I would probably post my site, but Parasyte Hosting is down for some odd reason...O.o

Parasyte Hosting
    It may be back up by the time you click the link, but it's been down for a while, and is a major free HTML site hosting service...:P

===
    If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

Why aren't forums allowed??????
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by palamon View Post
    Why aren't forums allowed??????
    It's already hinted in the first post. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfree View Post
    In this forum, you may post your website to get it rated or simply for help regarding it. You may also discuss website-related things. However, you may not post forums, IRC channels, Oekakis, Wikis or anything else that has its content created by members rather than a certain webmaster and/or staff.
    Which means that since this section is for website creating help and criticisms, things like chats, Oekakis and forums shouldn't be here since a lot of its content is member posting and contribution. The main reason someone would post those things here is to simply just advertise when there's something called signatures.

oops my bad I forgot >_> thanks for reminding me
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

hey thanks this really a good thread and i will ahve my website up in december then ill post a link .i also made one of those group things about web biulding
    Last edited by houndourm; 19th November 2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: i forgot to add something

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast