Thread: ~Love Hurts~ An effigy for Snivy x Janovy *Minor Spoilerz, son*

Default ~Love Hurts~ An effigy for Ash's Snivy x Trip's Servine *Minor Spoilerz, son*

Hi everyone. While I'm not really much of a shipper myself, (they're cartoons, people) I thought I'd try my hand anyway at a cute lil poke-ship just for kicks: the amusing pairing of Ash's Snivy and Trip/Shooti's Servine. Why? Do you inquire so politely? I think this picture reveals more than it probably should...

291.jpg

A feisty male pokemon that takes pleasure in getting velvet er I mean... vine whipped by a member of the fairer sex? Now, who says this so called "poke-luv" must always be so clean? (Yes, I know 4-Kids entertainment would like to have a word with me...) Shockingly enough, their personalities are highly compatible too. Snivy is a coldly cynical and slightly sadistic female and Janovy is a lusty male that seems to liken a beating to a display of loving affection. These traits make for an oddly adult relationship in the poke-canon...

...Okay, okay, I'm joking, I'm joking. Still, I firmly believe it would be cute if these two ended up together considering they're the same species and M & F. I'm not artistically inclined so I'm not good at making a fancy smancy banner but if there is a real affinity for snake love on this board than I will eventually make one as well as some other memorabilia.

The only requirement of being a member is you must keep an eye out for further signs of affection between these two in the up and coming episodes and report your findings to HQ, STAT!

~Love Hurts~ Club Prez, head honcho, el supremo, and all around great guy:

- FollyandTrudley

~Love Hurts~ Club members, devotees, the fandom, insane cultists etc:

- Lord Zant

...(Anyone's welcome to join. I'll add your name quicker than a whip)
    Last edited by FollyandTrudley; 12th March 2011 at 3:10 AM. Reason: Adding a member, fixing up my sloppy grammer, the usual

I support this. Kind of a nice Romeo x Juliet vibe, and it's good to see grass starters in love again. Hasn't happened since Ash and May's Bulbasaur.

Cool The welcoming commitee arrives!

Welcome Lord Zant. I hope you don't mind that I tacked your name on the members list and that I have no tacky commemorative item to endow you for enlisting in this silly club. Ok, fine, all I have are these commemorative complimentary ID for new interns but that is about it. Utilize for one free compliment courtesy of moi. Use it wisely.

(P.S. does anyone know if you can make the actual picture appear on these forums vs. just the hyperlink? I spent a whopping minute making the ID's picture transparent for this board! Ok! now it works and it's bigger than I imagined, many thanks Lord Zant!)

Now, regarding this particular ship, Lord Zant, let's hope the show's writers aren't as utterly tactless as they usually are when it comes to any character development, whatsoever. (Granted, if there even is any at all.) And yes, I suppose we do have a Pokemon analog on the famous Shakespearean love epic on our hands, don't we? Mighty nifty of you to conjure up that specific literary reference.
    Last edited by FollyandTrudley; 11th March 2011 at 1:10 PM. Reason: Trying out a great recomendation, what's it to ya?

Haha, I don't mind at all. I wish those coupons were this easy to come by in the actual Zelda games!

I think to post a picture you have to use IMG tags.

Or not. It doesn't look like it's working. Man, and I just looked it up and everything.

EDIT: IT DID WORK.
    1. GO ADVANCED
    2. HIGHLIGHT IMAGE URL IN POST AND THEN CLICK THE "200" BUTTON.
    3. PREVIEW POST

And the writers are slow with development but it does happen... Characters are just brainwashed at the end of each region. I hope we at least get a well-developed subplot here, though just the occasional love-whipping is pretty good for Pokemon.

The Shakespeare reference is probably brought to you by my Literature Class, wherein we are currently dissecting Othello.

Does this have a ship name yet?

According to the shippers list:

RocketHissShipper - Shuuti's Snivy & Ash’s Snivy
    Last edited by Lord Zant; 11th March 2011 at 6:02 AM. Reason: IT DID WORK, SHIP NAME

Hey, thanks for showing me how to properly utilize the wacky image hosting system on here. (Or maybe I'm just not too brilliant using forum technology, one or the other)

I really don't have the faintest idea on how they contrive shipping names on here but I don't think the term "RocketHissShipper" is really the most definitive name for our ship (or club for that matter.) In my opinion, the "rocket" part sounds like what you'd call an intimate affiliation between Jessie's two transgendered snakes, Seviper and Arbok, but that's just me. I'll try to think up some worthy puns for this. Don't know how successful or corny the end result will be. :P

RocketHiss is simply because both Snivy share the same seiyuu with Musashi and Kojiro. That's also as them as Snivy, not them as Snivy and Servine, which has no name.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

Well, glad to have that cleared up. There's no way I would have gotten that inside reference, thanks Ms. Frostbite! Looks like we're (or I'm) gonna hafta come up with a snappy name as I apparently created a new ship. Man, the intellectual investment I have to put into this is huge! :P Ah wells, it's half the fun.