Page 501 of 616 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 15389

Thread: Anybody for Contestshipping?

Drew should be voiced by Edward Norton. [/repetitive]

Maybe Hynden Walch would be good for May? She voices Starfire in Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo View Post
    Drew should be voiced by Edward Norton. [/repetitive]

To answer the topic, I think May should be voiced again by Veronica Taylor (even if her Ash voice sounded like a girl at times, her May voice was great) and Drew should be voiced by Jeff Foxworthy (I just think Drew would be cool with a southern accent).
    Last edited by Nathan Madien; 7th November 2006 at 5:40 AM.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo View Post
    Oh god no. I mean that voice is good, but definitely not for May. It would make her sound too much like an air-head. Certainly, certainly not.

Veronica Taylor's May was excellent and the PUSA one is very good too, so either is fine. I'm just pleased that May got one of the best new voices for the BF dub.

*Lucky~Lucky* is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Wow, I've been MIA for far too long from this thread! Well, with the big premier of the episode last Saturday, I put off doing my homework (and sleeping) to come here! So, thanks for writing out the shippy lines, everybody! Now I don't feel so bad for not watching it. I really tried but I couldn't take Drew's voice. I watched about 3 seconds...ewww. That's all I can say. Mr. Drew? I could never imagine reffering to anyone I liked like that...and Mr. Rose? How much has Drew aged since we last saw him? Last time I checked, he wasn't old enough to be called "Mr." by anyone...let alone his peers. I'm glad PUSA kept in the line accusing May of liking Drew, but it's too bad that they not only gave him a bad new voice, but they also made him disliked by everyone! Poor Drew, I guess PUSA's out to get him...

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika View Post
    If You Could Choose Anyone In The Whole Wide World To Do Drew And May's English Voices, How Would You Choose?
    JT Ross and Veronica Taylor respectively /stubborn
    I agree with both Ama and Umi Mizuno. I would definitely pick the old 4Kid's VAs anyday. I'm not a big fan of change ^^;;.
    Kawaii!!! I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Oh god no. I mean that voice is good, but definitely not for May. It would make her sound too much like an air-head. Certainly, certainly not.
    Really? I don't think Starfire sounds like an airhead at all. She sounds naive and sweet. And I'm sure Hynden Walch could adapt it a little for May, take some of the daydreaminess out - it's not like she'd do an identical voice for every character, alien and non-alien.

Mmmmm, I have nothing on-topic to share... oh, except that Pokemopolis did a mini-guide of Spontaneous Combusken (I refuse to spell it with the mistake).
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

If You Could Choose Anyone In The Whole Wide World To Do Drew And May's English Voices, How Would You Choose?
    JT Ross and Veronica Taylor. I'm anti-change. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    Interesting idea. I think I'd give her a chance. I love her Starfire voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Madien
    Drew should be voiced by Jeff Foxworthy (I just think Drew would be cool with a southern accent).
    Dude, you are going to give me nightmares....
    [/Fool's Hope]
    Do you see me
    Do you care
    You talk about me
    Like I’m not there
    Don’t get a word in
    When you’re around
    I bet you don’t know
    What I’m about
    'Cuz I will, I will
    Speak for myself
    What you see
    Isn’t all I am

I need a place to stand
    I will, I will speak for myself
    There’s so much you’re missing
    If you cared you’d listen

You suffocate me
    You drown me out
    I’m tired of waiting
    Without a doubt
    I feel I’m fading
    I flicker out
    My heart is screaming
    Without a sound
    I’m not sorry for who I am
    {"Speak For Myself" by Aly&Aj}
    [ dA account ]

Out of curiostity, does anyone actually know the names of May and Drew's new VAs?
    Gamer, film fanatic, wannabe animator, concept artist and 3D environment artist, and general nerd

All contestshippers must go here. And if your not a contestshipper go here anyway.

May is done by Michelle Knotz, (she also does the new Misty and the new Jessie too). She's the best VA PUSA has, because Jessie and Misty sound nearly identical to their old voices and May sounds very close as well. She's really fantastic, and there's a good chance she'll play Hikari next season as well.

I think Drew was done by the same VA who does Brock. A lot of people said Drew sounded like Brock at parts of the episode and NewBrock posts on the forums from time to time, I wouldn't be surprised if its the same guy.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 8th November 2006 at 2:23 AM.

I'm going to agree with the others and say keep JT Ross and Veronica Taylor as the VAs. I just can't really see any other people doing it (but that is quite contradicted because of the new VAs).. I actually like May's new VA somewhat. o.o;;

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool's Hope View Post
    Dude, you are going to give me nightmares....
    If Drew was from the south-
    Drew: Y'all better watch out for Harley. He's burnedslaptup.
    Max: Do you think May will win?
    Drew: She usacould. Give her a moment and she mighcould again.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwithrobots View Post
    I'm going to agree with the others and say keep JT Ross and Veronica Taylor as the VAs. I just can't really see any other people doing it (but that is quite contradicted because of the new VAs).. I actually like May's new VA somewhat. o.o;;
    I agreed with Cybercubed on May's new VA. She understands what makes May tick and is doing a great job bringing that out.
    Last edited by Nathan Madien; 8th November 2006 at 6:38 AM.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Drew's voice is very... un-Drewish in my opinion. He sounds more of the dub-Chazz in YuGiOh GX. ;-;
    Oh no.

----

Total Hitsugaya-kun lover. <333

Quote Originally Posted by b0redomness
    Drew's voice is very... un-Drewish in my opinion. He sounds more of the dub-Chazz in YuGiOh GX. ;-;
    Oh no
    I don't know why, but Drew's new voice sounds quite familiar to Zonic The Hedgehog XD I have no idea what I was thinking.

I agree with everyone else, I'd rather take Drew's old VA then his recent one. But if not, I would like him to sound more of his original. Drew's Japanese voice was perfect, so I wouldn't mind a similar one. And as for May, Michelle Knotz is doing a great job, I don't mind it honestly. But I wish Veronica Taylor stayed, for Ash's sake that is XD *covers ears*
    Last edited by MischeivousSorceress; 8th November 2006 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MischeivousSorceress View Post
    I don't know why, but Drew's new voice sounds quite familiar to Zonic The Hedgehog XD I have no idea what I was thinking.
    Now that you brought it up, MischeivousSorceress, those two really do sound alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Madien View Post
    If Drew was from the south-
    Drew: Y'all better watch out for Harley. He's burnedslaptup.
    Max: Do you think May will win?
    Drew: She usacould. Give her a moment and she mighcould again.
    Aaaaaah! *shields eyes*
    Quote Originally Posted by MischeivousSorceress
    Really? Now I have to hear his voice just to see if it souds like Sonic. XD

I've listened to May's new voice a little more, and I don't hate it as much as I figured I would. You all are right. Her new VA is pretty good.
    EDIT: I've just heard Drew's new voice... (Omg, he does kinda sound like Sonic!!) I think I'll go drive rusty nails in my ears now... *goes emo*
    Last edited by Fool's Hope; 8th November 2006 at 7:11 PM.
    [/Fool's Hope]
    Do you see me
    Do you care
    You talk about me
    Like I’m not there
    Don’t get a word in
    When you’re around
    I bet you don’t know
    What I’m about
    'Cuz I will, I will
    Speak for myself
    What you see
    Isn’t all I am

I need a place to stand
    I will, I will speak for myself
    There’s so much you’re missing
    If you cared you’d listen

You suffocate me
    You drown me out
    I’m tired of waiting
    Without a doubt
    I feel I’m fading
    I flicker out
    My heart is screaming
    Without a sound
    I’m not sorry for who I am
    {"Speak For Myself" by Aly&Aj}
    [ dA account ]

Yeah, at first. I thought May's new VA made her sound like she was in her 20s. o_o And I really didn't like it that much. But now since I've heard it for a while now, I can't even tell the difference. xD The Grand Festival episodes are airing again on Cartoon Network at 5PM here. Today is the last part. So I'm hearing May's old voice, and her new one...and I cannot tell the difference.

Drew's is ehh...not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I wish he had his old voice back. xD At the beginning of the Wakana episode last Saturday, I was literally holding my head, saying "OMG! Drew is coming! I'm not ready to hear his voice!" xD I was going crazy. But then I was like "..ehh...it's not too bad. But at times, ...it's like....pretty horrible." xD Ah well.

Now we have to wait till May's last contest till we get to hear Drew again. That's probably in a few weeks now. Because I think their airing two new episodes on Friday, and then two more new episodes on Saturday. ..soo we're going pretty quickly with the Battle Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by mandikitty View Post
    Now we have to wait till May's last contest till we get to hear Drew again. That's probably in a few weeks now. Because I think their airing two new episodes on Friday, and then two more new episodes on Saturday. ..soo we're going pretty quickly with the Battle Frontier.
    I think they're re-airing the same two eps on Friday on Saturday again.

Besides, I would savor the moment of Drew's new appearances. After this season ends he's gone for the forseeable future, perhaps forever, so with so few Contestshipping oriented episodes left, it would be best to appreciate each new ep as they come.

After that, there's really nothing more to looking foward to in regards to Contestshipping in the anime. :/

I think they're re-airing the same two eps on Friday on Saturday again.
    Ah ok. I guess then I can sleep till noon on Saturday now! xD

After that, there's really nothing more to looking foward to in regards to Contestshipping in the anime. :/
    Yeah, I know. Why did May and Drew have to leave!? *screams * =[ And the bad thing is...it's very unlikely that we'll get specials of them. I mean, we can believe...but we shouldn't get our hopes up, right?

Yeah, I know. Why did May and Drew have to leave!? *screams * =[ And the bad thing is...it's very unlikely that we'll get specials of them. I mean, we can believe...but we shouldn't get our hopes up, right?
    That is why we should take the good with the bad. Sure, Drew sounds like a jerk but there is only a few more times we can hear him and May together.

Because they can. :< They get to prance around in Johto with Harley with all the Johto Gym Leaders. And from my point of view, they're pretty damn lucky. >> There's a really small chance that they'll do specials, since the anime is so busy with Hikari, but there's still a chance I mean no one really knew that HoSos were an option when Misty left.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Umi Mizuno View Post
    Because they can. :< They get to prance around in Johto with Harley with all the Johto Gym Leaders. And from my point of view, they're pretty damn lucky. >> There's a really small chance that they'll do specials, since the anime is so busy with Hikari, but there's still a chance I mean no one really knew that HoSos were an option when Misty left.
    But the first Hoso started before AG4 aired.

We're already up to what, D/P #8 in Japan? We're already a number of weeks into D/P and there's still no sign of specials.

I'd imagine if they did plan another batch of specials they'd start sooner rather than later. The more time goes by, the less likely they are.

Hikari's been their main attraction, if you watch the ending of D/P episodes, you'll see something near the end that says Hikari Project. They're probably planning to do something big with her, look at all the publicity she's been getting. May, Drew, and Harley would probably be the last things on their mind, unless they're making us wait on purpose because they think it's too early for specials and such.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

But the first Hoso started before AG4 aired.

We're already up to what, D/P #8 in Japan? We're already a number of weeks into D/P and there's still no sign of specials.

I'd imagine if they did plan another batch of specials they'd start sooner rather than later. The more time goes by, the less likely they are.
    I agree with Umi, I mean, considering Hikari had been promoted significantly, I find it understandable specials would be left until much later. Until Hikari is safely assured to be considerately admired by the public, May won't be featured any time soon. Because we know she was quite popular within her contest arc, wouldn’t it cause a distraction from the Hikari Project?

yeah It's very unlikely that they'd want to make the old coordinator if they're wanting to promote the new :/... anyway, I've just hear Drew's new voice and when I first heard it I was like OMG what did they do with him?! but then I think I got used to it... (for the rest of the ep... considering the first piece of ep I saw was the part 3 from youtube, when I watch it from part 1 I didn't care about Drew's voice)
    The part I didn't like was after he said Mr. Rose? and then Roselia!... >_< just too bad...
    Did you guys noticed Roselia got a new VA too?? I'm quite sure 4kids used the original japanesse voice ¬¬

Quote Originally Posted by erizibang
    The part I didn't like was after he said Mr. Rose? and then Roselia!... >_< just too bad...
    I wasn't particularly fond of the pool-scene because the shippy context in the original wasn't exactly implied in the dub. They instead had Drew blushing at "Mr Rose" rather than being flustered at May’s line about sending roses, especially if they were for her. Of course, maybe it was shippy, and I’m reading it wrongly. Perhaps PUSA had intended to deliver the scene in the same way the original planned.

But I’m not really sure^^! (I mean, if that was the case, it didn't seem like May's comment was implied shippy-wise)
    Last edited by MischeivousSorceress; 10th November 2006 at 10:33 AM.

Well I can't really comment, having have not seen the epidoe but the "Mr Rose" thing does sound pretty stupid. I was hoping PUSA would keep the script similar as in the japanese eppie. Oh well there are very few episodes left with even the most remote shippy hints in, hopefully they'll do better with the other eppies.

Well I haven't heard Drew's new voice so I dunno if I'd want to keep it or not but if he sounds like Sonic then anyone who makes him sound better then Sonic! I'd want Veronica Taylor back for May.
    Last edited by MayShuufan; 10th November 2006 at 10:15 PM.
    Claiming is overrated, can be fun sometimes but others silly. I only claimed Henry Cavill as no one really knows him.

Oh yeah and i'm paired up with the cool Chuboy.

Claimed Henry Cavill on the Celebrity Claiming thread...he's all mine muh ha ha ha ha...^^;.

Page 501 of 616 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast