Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! (M08)

I read the whole guide and it sounds like a great movie! Pikachu's so cute in in it's little outfit! ^^ Rukario sounds like a real cool Pokemon. It's a shame it had to die... I thought the medievalness (if that's even a word) was a neat touch. I can't wait for this movie to come out in America!
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Wait, is it me or are there more previous legendary reffrences in this movie like in Movie 5? I just looked at this picture I used in the Caption Thread of Phanpy, Grovyle, and Combusken, and noticed something:

Look at the case where Grovyle is sleeping, I spy a Celebi, do you?
    Phanpy is having a rest on a Suicune (Stool?), and Combusken is playing with 3 legendary birds from Kanto.
    Last edited by Kanadian Kyuubi; 18th July 2005 at 11:26 PM.

Those birds look like Moltres, Zapdos, and Articounos.

Ashfan17 Guest

The movie looks pretty good. Tell me though does Meowth remember his clone? Last time he saw it, was in that special when Mew Two returned. Also Meowth once again got a bigger part than Jessie and James in this movie I liked Meowth the best though out of team rocket any ways lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Latios
    It's more like staying trustful to your best friends, and helping them no matter what circumstances you are in. Ash is trying to get his friend back, Lucario is telling Ash to forget about Pikachu and turn back. There's really a deeper meaning to the story than it seems.
    ...Wait...

Another Movie about the power of friendship? :\ Or friendship? Or friendship bonds? Uh, we've had our fair share of that, sorry. ._. Not deep at all.

Infinite Light Guest

It seems to me this is a movie about pretty much nothing. Some cool Pokémon in it, but even they don't seem to do much. All I could make out of the spoilers was people running around kicking trees and stuff :/

I was expecting great things from the Regis as well but.... just running around zapping everyone doesn't seem too great. As for Ruk..... it seems to have a lot of personality but not much history.

Actually, on reflection that kinda does make it seem not a legendary. There could be lots of Rukarios, what evidence is there this one is different from any other Pokémon?
    Last edited by Infinite Light; 19th July 2005 at 6:52 AM.

Inkan1969 Guest

Default Have people seen this movie?

How about a role call of people who've seen this movie in Japan?

I thought I'd ask because I noticed that there's a lot of negative speculation about this movie, but none of it sounds like something written by someone who's actually seen the movie. Just a lot of guessing. It would be a lot more enlightening to hear criticism from people who've seen the movie instead.

I think people should wait until they've seen the movie first before they can say whether or not it's good or bad.

The Incarnation Pokemon Guest

Am I the only one who thinks that Aaron + Rukario is so cute and so possible, based on everything that Rukario thinks and feels about him in the movie? He's all "My master...*angst*...Why did you leave me?! *angst*" It would be like Ash + Pikachu, and I know there are lots of people out there who support SatoPika. *prods all SatoPika people to make AaronRukario their new OTP*

first he trys to punch Mewtwo now hes fighting Rukario

Brad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Inkan1969
    How about a role call of people who've seen this movie in Japan?

I thought I'd ask because I noticed that there's a lot of negative speculation about this movie, but none of it sounds like something written by someone who's actually seen the movie. Just a lot of guessing. It would be a lot more enlightening to hear criticism from people who've seen the movie instead.

I think people should wait until they've seen the movie first before they can say whether or not it's good or bad.
    I saw it yesterday in Roppongi Hills and loved it. Much better than the 7th movie (which bored me to tears). There seems to be a great respect for the continuity of the Pokemon series in this movie. Cameos of other legenderies (as seen in the pic above) and Ho Oh... though Ho Oh is Mew and it's never explained why Mew is disguised as Ho Oh, though Mew mimics about 20 other Pokemon in the film too, so I guess Ho Oh and Mew are still different people, however I did think of that ep "Bells Toll for Ho Oh" (or something) where Ho Og left earth because of all the fighting and would only retern when there's peace. This would fit with the Ho Oh sighting in the opening scene with the big battle.

Worth mentioning that the scene in the trailer with Mew kidnapping Pikachu is NOT IN THE MOVIE. Mew simply rescues Pikachu and Meowth and takes them to his home.

The animation was top notch, but was really suprised by how fast the movie finished after Rukario's death. i.e. almost straight away! I was expecting a big fight scene like all the others (especially with the big battle in the opening scene), but we got a very quiet finish.

The friend I saw it with is an English/Japanese interpreter in Tokyo. He said that many points weren't really elaborated upon, such as the Tree of Life and the battle in the begining.

Loved the movie though. In order of faves:

1. Pokemon 3
    2. Pokemon Jirachi Wishmaker
    3. Pokemon Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero
    4. Pokemon Heros
    5. Pokemon The First Movie
    6. Pokemon 2000
    7. Pokemon 4 Ever
    8. Pokemon Destiny Deoxys.

btw, after the credits was a preview of the next movie; POKEMON RANGER. A link to the movie wite was shown and a black siloute of Satashi was shown thrown a pokeball (hiding his new costume maybe?)

Quote Originally Posted by Butchimatic
    I think Rukario is a Water Pokemon because the next Pokemon movie is called Mew & the "Wave-Guiding Rukario" I think he has the ability to control waves or something.
    er this IS the movie Mew and and the Wave Guiding hero Rukario! The next movie is Pokemon Ranger

I think Rukario is a Water Pokemon because the next Pokemon movie is called Mew & the "Wave-Guiding Rukario" I think he has the ability to control waves or something.
    No is steel/fighting

...you haven't even bothered to learn anything about this film at all, have you? A hearty lol at you my friend~

Wtf lol. o_O

Plz go read the guides on this site. >_>

I forgot to read it. So don't be so SHORT-FUSED all the time!
    CLAIMS
    BISHIES : DiZ-Kingdom Hearts II . Dr. Weird-Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    MEMBERS : Chaotic Houndoom . RedStarWarrior . blueguy . [Cano]
    GAME : Spyro: Ripto's Rage-Playstation
    COUPLE : Houndoom x Mightyena
    SONG : Planet Hell (Nightwish)
    - - -
    AKA
    Butch . Beautiful Butch . Butchimatic . BiZ
    - - -
    CLASSES
    Spriter . Storywriter . Psychic . Critic . Catlover

I for one hope that this movie is brought to theatres I miss that old feeling....

By the way why did Warner bros. sell movie rights to Miramax anyway?
    Does Warner Bros. own Miramax? What happened? @_@

I like Cressillia

gigametroid99 Guest

Woah, look at this! Go here and click the middle link on the bottom row of the set of nine links. It appears this movie will be in 3-D.

Quote Originally Posted by gigametroid99
    Woah, look at this! Go here and click the middle link on the bottom row of the set of nine links. It appears this movie will be in 3-D.
    That is something completely different

gigametroid99 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    That is something completely different
    It is? Sorry, I just figured that was for the movie. What's it for, then? I can't read Japanese, so I just thought if it was on that site, it had to do with the movie.

Sneasel_Ace Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Man David
    No is steel/fighting
    Sorry if I sound n00bish but...did Rukario seem like a Dark/Fighting to you guys? It looked like it to me. But then again, I guess they have to put more Steel pokemon. But making them legendaries isn't cool. I mean, Jirachi looks like a Psychic/Electric to me. Plus, making steel legendaries will have them classified as 00ber, which will result in people not using too many Steel Pokemon.
    Last edited by Sneasel_Ace; 12th August 2005 at 4:00 AM.

Rukario-MasTer Guest

Does anyone know if theyre ever gonna show movie 8 on WB like destiny deoxys did????

i just saw very small preview on cartoonetwork, and it apears that it will show on
    cartoonetwork figures :/ .
    C8

Already?? The Dvd hasn't even been released....

Anyways from reading the summary, the movie sounds very good (Unlike the seventh movie). I like how they put legendaries from all four generations.

Ho-oh kinda didn't count since it was really Mew transformed as the phoenix Pokémon. But this movie sounds really awesome.

I'm listening to the song now; 'Song of Origin'. Not too bad...unusual for a Pokémon song; but then again, Puffy(AmiYumi) is doing the song.^_^; Worth a listen, as is the other song, 'Nice Buddy'. But stay away if you hate Puffy.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I know... But for me it does lol. Ho-oh needs to get an episode or movie.

The "Song of Origin" I havn't heard it. But most likely has something to do with the Tree or Mew.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast