Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! (M08)

So I finally got round to watching my copy of this movie - now that it's finally arrived! Let me just say how amazing it is, the quality of the animation, not so great a story though I didn't think. It also had the obligatory upsetting ending, which I've come to expect and respect now - Lucario (though I will continue to call him Rukario) will definitely have a place in my future team!
    Also, did anyone else notice how more mature the characters were?
    One other question though...Why were all the red blob cleanser things all taking the form of the prehistoric fossil Pokémon?
    Ok, one more - in the end credits, you see Lucario and Aaron-Sama walking together again in what seems like their own time period because of the clouded scenery (like it was in the beginning of the film), but how do they return to that era? It might be I missed something in the translation, but if anyone knows the answer to any of these questions, would like to know please.
    Last edited by Anyone 4 Buttons?; 4th May 2006 at 5:12 PM.

Do the Robot!

What!! It came out!?!? When????

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shinyserebii
    What!! It came out!?!? When????
    Don't worry!! I've got a Japanese copy! The American one doesn't come out for a while yet I don't think - still, it's about three years sooner than here in the UK!!!

Do the Robot!

Does anyone have an official release date for this movie in the US? I am dying here! I've heard Spring or Summer 2006. I am seriously hoping spring. Also, this is the first Pokemon Advanced movie to come out later than it did in Japan (e.g. in Japan this movie came out after the Battle Factory episodes aired and in America it has yet to come out).

I can't wait until this movie comes out.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone 4 Buttons?
    Don't worry!! I've got a Japanese copy! The American one doesn't come out for a while yet I don't think - still, it's about three years sooner than here in the UK!!!
    This will never come out in the UK, we're still waiting for the 6th film.

Quote Originally Posted by Torky Stu
    This will never come out in the UK, we're still waiting for the 6th film.
    I know, that's why I've ordered all my DVD copies of the movies from abroad from 'Heroes' onwards. Damned expensive, but worth it!
    Also, would still like to know about the red anti-virus blobs and their forms - why the fossil/prehistoric Pokémon?

Do the Robot!

I personally found this movie to be the best of them all. It was sad yet heartwarming, esspecially in the end where Lucario saw Aaron in the Time Flower and hearing him say that his time spent with Lucario was very happy and that he would like to meet him again. Almost made me cry actually (something in the background killed it, not the movie, in real life. -_-).

One thing I noticed was in the "flashback" of Pikachu fighting off those Onisuzume in the first episode. It was (obviously -_-) recreated (the color quality was much more better than the first episode, computer generated?). In the first episode, Satoshi's hat was turned around the whole time when Pikachu was fighting the Onisuzume, in the flashback in the movie, it wasn't turned around at all. Well, at least it had better continuity than those "world of Pokemon" flashbacks. Don't ask me how I know all these minor things, I just do. -_- It's wierd how in the actual seires the animators are afraid to draw Satoshi's old clothes...

Anyways, Lucario was pratically the best character in the movie, with all it's angst and question about why Aaron sealed him in the rod. Seemed that in the credits of the movie, Lucario is finally in that "place" where Aaron is (supposedly the afterlife).
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone 4 Buttons?
    I know, that's why I've ordered all my DVD copies of the movies from abroad from 'Heroes' onwards. Damned expensive, but worth it!
    Also, would still like to know about the red anti-virus blobs and their forms - why the fossil/prehistoric Pokémon?
    They were a security system for the tree basically. Any intruders that weren't Pokémon were removed. What pisses me off is that I don't know what the hell is taking so long for them to release it in the US. It was dubbed a long time ago according to our beloved 4Kids VA's. I'm still waiting to hear a stupid release date...it's really annoying ~_~

~Scott

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightScott
    They were a security system for the tree basically. Any intruders that weren't Pokémon were removed. What pisses me off is that I don't know what the hell is taking so long for them to release it in the US. It was dubbed a long time ago according to our beloved 4Kids VA's. I'm still waiting to hear a stupid release date...it's really annoying ~_~

~Scott
    That and they don't even bother to reveal Manyula and Manene's English names, either. *sigh*
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

Maybe they wanted to save it for when either Pokémon Ranger or Diamond & Pearl comes out.
    It's been too long since I've been here.

Well for people who hated Rukario/Lucario dieing, well start doing fanfics of Pokemon with a different Rukario/Lucario then the one in the movie 8...

Oh and does anyone know what Rukario/Lucario sounds like when he is talking in English? Anyone have his voice on a sound file?

................wahhhhhh........he's going to die......

Quote Originally Posted by Naterio
    Oh and does anyone know what Rukario/Lucario sounds like when he is talking in English? Anyone have his voice on a sound file?
    It hasn't been released yet so we don't know. -_-;
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

This seams awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightScott
    What ****es me off is that I don't know what the **** is taking so long for them to release it in the US. It was dubbed a long time ago according to our beloved 4Kids VA's. I'm still waiting to hear a stupid release date...it's really annoying ~_~

~Scott
    I heard it's coming out sometime in the summer. I don't know when though, but the latest it'll come out is September. So between June and September is when it's released. It's not too far away...

Quote Originally Posted by Naterio
    Oh and does anyone know what Rukario/Lucario sounds like when he is talking in English?
    Nope. My brothers and I have a bet though.

Me: The guy who played Mewtwo. (Either the First Movie or Mewtwo Returns one, I don't care. But the Mewtwo Returns sounds strangely like Yami Yugi.)

Brother #1: Whoever did Lugia for the second movie.

Brother #2: The voice for Entei in movie number three.

Those are our guesses, but we could be wrong. (It'll be funny if Meowth's voice actor did Lucario.)
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

if you are talking about dan green he could play as Aaron and for Lucario the actor who play shadow from sonic x is good for him.
    i am a ash/misty fan

[IMG] ash and misty

Question Lucario and the Mystery of Mew

172bros: Look at my two Pichus! Well, I have a question. When does Lucariou and the mystery of Mew go into theaters in the United Sates?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie
    Me: The guy who played Mewtwo. (Either the First Movie or Mewtwo Returns one, I don't care. But the Mewtwo Returns sounds strangely like Yami Yugi.)

Brother #1: Whoever did Lugia for the second movie.

Brother #2: The voice for Entei in movie number three.

Those are our guesses, but we could be wrong. (It'll be funny if Meowth's voice actor did Lucario.)
    In the first movie, Mewtwo was voiced by Phillip Bartlett, who no longer works for 4KIDS, so that possibility is gone. Plus, Lugia, Entei, and the Mewtwo from Mewtwo Returns were all voiced by the same person: Dan Green. So, you and your brothers are all basically betting on the same person. :P

In my opinion, Dan Green would be terrible as either Aaron or Lucario. He's a good actor, but his voice is too deep for the job. Hell, with 4KIDS' very limited pool of voice actors, I can't really think of anyone at the moment that would really fit either of their voices.

Oh, and Swampertbreeder45, the chances of this going into theaters in the US are VERY slim. It'll most likely just go straight to DVD.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Marc Diraison, Zolo of One Piece, would be good.

Cool Oh my gosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    I will read the full guide on my way to Florida (which is soon) but I skim read abit of it and I'm quite impressed with it, well done Altomare Latios
    don't read the full guide. your just spoiling the Movie. Then it won't be fun to watch. I think it'll come out June-August. Why won't they just reveil it alredy. I can't stop waiting!
    Most Recent Shiny:
    Aron (499 Eggs)
    Current Shiny Targets:
    Riolu (300 Eggs)

Michael/Ryuuto of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness is my bishie for I am the #1 Michael/Ryuuto fangirl! <3

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox
    In the first movie, Mewtwo was voiced by Phillip Bartlett, who no longer works for 4KIDS, so that possibility is gone. Plus, Lugia, Entei, and the Mewtwo from Mewtwo Returns were all voiced by the same person: Dan Green. So, you and your brothers are all basically betting on the same person. :P
    0_o Whoa! I didn't know that! I have the second movie, but I haven't seen it for so long... And Entei... I don't have the third movie, dang it!

You know, I just have a feeling Dan Green plays Yami Yugi, you know? I noticed it in Mewtwo Returns where Mewtwo's forced to endure the pain from the glowing ball of doom. Sounded like his scream. But I never noticed it in the second nor third. Actually, I don't remember the third...

I don't know. I'll have to look it up. But still, I think Lucario would be okay with his voice, but I'm not sure... I'm still betting on Dan Green. *goes to threaten brothers to change bets*
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon Jordan
    don't read the full guide. your just spoiling the Movie. Then it won't be fun to watch. I think it'll come out June-August. Why won't they just reveil it alredy. I can't stop waiting!
    Dude, I posted that AGES ago. Anyway I read it and also it won't come out HERE as in England in the UK until 2008. Its 2006 now and the 6th movie will probably show up UNANNOUNCED in Wallworths (I'd have said MVC but its closed down) towards Christmas and I'll end up finding it in 2007. That means I won't get to see the dub of LatMoM until 2009!

Also I read spoilers ALL THE TIME. Whats more when the episode airs in the UK its not spoiled at all.

I still haven't watched it with subtitles yet, I might try later today though.
    Last edited by Gaiash; 24th May 2006 at 9:03 AM.

Oh, well your banned - I was gonna say you could buy the DVD Online :x - but oh well.

Anyways, they better release the 8th Movie soon, I dont feel like waiting anymore...

~Scott

Has anyone else seen the news of the Australian release of this film - it's meant to be released on August 16th and the DVD artwork has also been released.
    Try Bulbanews for the article! I'm gonna get that version now!! (It's Region 4)
    Last edited by Anyone 4 Buttons?; 22nd June 2006 at 5:35 PM.

Do the Robot!

I wonder when it will be released...

~Scott
    Last edited by MidnightScott; 7th June 2006 at 11:05 PM.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast