Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! (M08)

The english version is out. I got it downloaded(not recommending pirating).

The voice actors are awesome.
    Last edited by vappy; 25th August 2006 at 4:45 PM.

^^^^
    It's out? I assume you mean in Australia, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    ^^^^
    It's out? I assume you mean in Australia, right?
    I'd assume so. Like I said, I have it downloaded, I don't physically have the dvd. but its exactly the same as the version that will be released in America. I'm going to miss the old VA' s

Bonsly = annoying sounding.
    Last edited by vappy; 25th August 2006 at 5:22 PM.

I just finished watching this movie on Youtube. I have to say that this one is one of the better pokemon movies out there. I felt like it had a mix of a few different ones. They finally put the theme song in it! That was one of the things that i loved about the pokemon movies. The full Advanced Battle song sounded great.

Im sorry but Lucario was either overpowered or the Regi's were underpowered. Lucario launches what appears to be the d/p move "wave guiding bomb", and it fully pushes back Regirock's Hyper Beam. It repeatedly does this to the other Regi's and it seems like it's one powerful move. Also, my sister saw it with me and thought that Lucario's voice sounded as if they merged Lugia and Mewtwo's voice together.

Meowth had some of the more comical lines, and it was funny watching James somehow end up dancing with May, though looking away from her the whole time.

Weavile were alright, much better than Sneasel and seemingly more powerful. And very good a tag team battles i might add.

Mime Jr. added a lot of comical input into this movie. Miming the actions of anyone it could mimic(from Lady Eileen, to Ash, o Brock), it was simply very funny. Bonsly was simply an anoyance. It didnt do much except for stealing food and appearing(though that sort of what it did in XD anyways, xcept for stealing the pokesnacks).

Also i noted something interesting. During the dance, Ash sends out all his pokemon and, because Mew is morphed as an Aipom, it looks nearly like his Battle Frontier team(xcept that Grovyle is a Sceptile and Phanpy is now Donphan). Kinda forshadowing the show isnt it.

All in all, great plotline, great pokemon, creepy villains(the Regi's), and all in all great voice performance by everyone. Talk about a finale!!!

10/10

Edit: SUPPORT POKEMON BY PURCHASING THEIR DVDS. DISREGARD THE LINKS TO PLACES WITH EPISODES I LINKED EARLIER.

~/(C_L)/~
    Last edited by Chris; 26th August 2006 at 4:46 AM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

The regi's weren't villians. They were good guys, defending the tree of life.

Quote Originally Posted by vappy View Post
    The regi's weren't villians. They were good guys, defending the tree of life.
    Well, i couldnt find the "real" villain, and since the Regi's were the closest(as they were attacking Ash and co.) i put them as the villains. But yes i do know they weren't villains. They're the primary defense against intruders and the blobs are the secondary defense.

Yeah, i just remembered a great line:
    Kid Summers:"Those things are attacking us because they think were some kind of disease"
    Max: "Speak for yourself"

lol.

~/(C_L)/~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Wow.

The 4Kids haters will never claim this movie as a foul-up. They did wonderful work on it, from top to bottom.

The only thing I would have liked (that doesn't involve 4Kids) is more clarification of Kid's role. At times (particularly when she sends her Weavile to capture Mew with the helmet-like device) she seems like a villain working for Banks's organization.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I'm waiting for September 18 (or thereabouts) for the movie to come out in the US, so I can get the DVD. I'll also be getting both Mystery Dungeon games and (a week earlier) Harvest Moon DS ... I think my DS is going to die from new-game overload next month. :-D

Undrhil

The Weaville were awesome.

Manene is super cute

Bonsly's voice made it suck

Lucario OWNed

The mew is different, from the first movie, the voice changed, the playfullness changed. Still, cute.

I dont like the ending, Lucario dies ... how sad...

i loved this movie great story had a music scene at the start a great intro scene team rocket had a bigger part but they didnt say their motto or blast off strangely enough. The 5th movie brought me back to pokemon the 8th just got me hypo about pokemon!

Ha, I just ordered it for $20.47 total on Amazon :P - I chose 2 day shipping. It cost $13.99 alone without any shipping.

Anyways - I love this movie, it's the best one by far!

Wait, I read the lyrics to the ending and they sounded Amazing!. Will anyone please upload the ending theme to Youtube and PM me when they do?

~Scott
    Last edited by MidnightScott; 31st August 2006 at 10:21 AM.

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Im sorry but Lucario was either overpowered or the Regi's were underpowered. Lucario launches what appears to be the d/p move "wave guiding bomb", and it fully pushes back Regirock's Hyper Beam. It repeatedly does this to the other Regi's and it seems like it's one powerful move
    Well considering WGB is a 5 PP move, it's more than likely pretty powerful. Plus Lucario gets STAB, and all three Regi types are weak to fighting (as well as Hyperbeam being a normal-type attack versus a fighting 'bomb'). The regis never stopped after the attacks and most of the time WGB was just used to provide cover as the gang escaped.

As for Kid Summer's role - what? The whole scene with Brock going ga-ga over her and showing the group his stalker-album of all her accomplishments wasn't proof enough?

I am going to Canada for the next few weeks, and I have TWO questions.
    1) Is the Lucario movie out in Canada yet?
    If not
    2) When the movie arrives in Canada, will Canada also have the Mastermind of Mirage Pokeon special along with the Lucario movie?

Me miss May and Max
    I was formely known as ~Elite Frontier~

the japanese version was so much better, i guess my reason is cause the voices are so much better.

I downloaded the English version

The Japanese wasn't so much better. I actually liked the english better for once. This movie was a superior dub for once. The story was compelling - and the music was perfect - and even some of the added in music wasn't bad either.

I'd say the voices fit the characters now, if it was reversed I don't think their voices would fit. I mean I know that Aaron had a low voice in the Japanese Version but so did Lucario...and Lucario's voice fit him in my opinion.

I'm so excited though - the movie was awesome - im gonna miss those VA's ;_;

~Scott

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

i so loved this movie, its the best so far 10/10
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

what did you type on youtube to get the movie all im finding is previews

This is one of the best movie i have ever seen! i just got it in the mail today. It had great animation, great music and a great storyline. I loved all the Regi's voices, they sounded just like the gba voices. This is probably my favourite pokemon movie at the moment. It's better than any studio ghibli film.
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

yeah, I liked this movie...and I think the english version is just as good. I mean, the voices fit the characters perfectly, they kept most, if not all, of the music from the original version...they only changed the theme and the song at the end... which is okay...though I like the japanese theme 'battle frontier' much better...

no real complaints about the dub for once....well, maybe just a little one: In the japanese version ash says something like "he met Aaron" or he found Aaron after all" during the end credits. in the english version, ash' lips move, but no sound come out of his mouth...
    In every generation there's a chosen one, she alone will stand against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness...she is the Slayer.

First pokemon after obtaining the national dex: Eevee

Member of the dutch Pokémon club - Co-owner of the U.S.A. club

Couple funny TR quotes in the dub version:

Meowth: "Dis place needs an escavator." (it distinctly sounded to me like he said that instead of "escalator")

James: "Seems everything's back to normal."
    Jessie: "Which means we're back to being losers."

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I can't wait to see this movie! Since, Lucario is one of my fav. Pokemon, I know I'm going to love this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster Justin View Post
    We Will Meet Again

" Like the mountain I must conquer, like the battle I must endure
    I will fight for your honor, steadfast and sure
    Some kind of vision fit for a king, and I got a feeling I can do anything

We will meet again, we will meet again
    (yeahhh yeahhhh)
    We will meet again

I will search the whole world over, if that’s what I must do
    I’ll follow every winding road, just to be with you
    I got a dream that I just can’t ignore, before I am through I will open every door

And nothing can stop this journey (stop this journey), across this unknown land
    And like the fire that keeps on burning (fire that keeps on burning), we will make our stand

We are bound together by fates, set apart by what we found
    And we’ll make this sacrifice, cause we know where we are found
    Side by side we will ride once again, if we keep the flame alive my friend…

We will meet again, we will meet again (we will meet again)

I will search the whole world over, if that’s what I must do
    I’ll follow every winding road, just to be with you
    I got a dream that I just can’t ignore, before I am through I will open every door

And nothing can stop this journey (stop this journey), across this unknown land
    And like the fire that keeps on burning (fire that keeps on burning), we will make our stand

We will meet again"
    That song is kind of sad and inspiring, thank you.
    Last edited by Ash's Pika Pal; 10th September 2006 at 2:15 AM.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

I'll I've got to say, is this:

Hmph. This... should be interesting...

*relaxes in a lawn chair and listens to the collections of Japanese music I've gotten over the past months*
    You are slave. Want emancipation?

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5

Winter 2014 for PS3

I saw the movie ages ago since it was released on the 16th of August in Australia. It is a great movie and it has alot of 3D scenes done on computers like the castle for example. I found the movie alittle long and it got alittle boring towards the end since Ash trying to get Pikachu back is no great adventure. The Regis were so cool but Regice sounded like a baby which was funny. The end is sad and the end song was great and makes you feel emotional after seeing you know who die (For those who have not seen it yet).

Yeah i saw this movie on tuesday, it was very good indeed, i think the voices were dubbed quite well, though i was expecting to see a little more action from some of the new pokemon introduced, but overall 4 stars indeed!

((thanks to mange 2000lbs, freaking sweet))

(much thanks to once in a blue mew)

I saw this the Japanese version of the movie, and so buying it when it comes out on Tuesday! (I don't care if I get off at 7 at night from work) And I really loved the movie, and wow, the dub is that good?

This movie had like a deeper meaning than it had itself. Lucario going throught the hardships of thinking Aaron abandoned him, which he didn't. And showed how much Aaron deeply cared for Lucario the whole time every piece by piece. It was totally not about Ash saving Pikachu.

I showed it to nonPOkemon fans who actually appreiciated the art and the story when I explain what was going on. No wonder it did well last year.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast