Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! (M08)

Good movie if only because we got to see an enemy that wasn't a Pokemon or human (those white blood cell tree things) and Kid Summers was awesome. 7/10

I loved Sir Aaron's design and I felt sad when Lucario died at the end. Kidd and her Weaviles were fun and watching those red gooey things eat everyone was intense. I kind of wanted Mew to do more, but at least we saw the Regi trio here.

Good movie. Lucario was such a cool Pokemon and the kingdom of Rota's dance party scenes at the palace were my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    the kingdom of Rota's dance party scenes at the palace were my favorites.
    I liked how Jessie ended up dancing with the fancy guy in the glasses and how she went wild with him ha ha. James dancing with May as his partner seemed so awkward tho. ^^;

This movie made me like Regirock & co so much more. I don't know why, but they seemed so blah in the games and then I saw this movie and I realized that they were pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    This movie made me like Regirock & co so much more. I don't know why, but they seemed so blah in the games and then I saw this movie and I realized that they were pretty cool.
    I liked the sound effects of Regice, Regirock and Registeel in this film cuz they sounded unique. Like for instance Regice's voice sounded electronic while Regirock's sounded almost like dubstep mixed with beat boxing, which was cool. :3

The most symbolic moment of this movie was Ash's "Lucario isn't gone. Its aura is with me!" line, which gave me goosebumps and foreshadowed Ash's aura powers later. Although, one annoying thing in this movie was that they kept calling Lucario an "it." He was a he, although a very gruff one. I rate this movie nine out of ten.

It was never quite explained why Ash and Sir Aaron had such similar auras, was it? Best I can come up with is that Ash is Sir Aaron's reincarnation
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    It was never quite explained why Ash and Sir Aaron had such similar auras, was it? Best I can come up with is that Ash is Sir Aaron's reincarnation
    Ash is the reincarnation of about 20 dead people, which none influence his generic scope.

Don't ask.

~ Dammit, don't friendzone me now! ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Xenoblade Chronicles - Walkthrough

Just saying, this is a good movie and all, but I can't stop thinking about one thing concerning it.

They wanted a Lucario to be the main focus of the movie, and have a trainer wearing clothes mimicking a Lucario's appearance, who owns and cares for a Lucario, and who uses aura... so why did they have Sir Aaron instead of a character already in the games who fitted every one of those categories, aka Riley? It always confused me why Riley got shoehorned into two episodes of the anime when a) he has f**king aura like is that not a thing we can spend more than two episodes on? And b) there is a movie dedicated to Aura and Lucario, yet he is nowhere to be seen.

It could simply be that Riley hadn't been invented at the time, and was only invented later to reference the anime, but it still bugs me a bit. I mean, Ash-Greninja was talked about with Game Freak, so would they have talked about this? Maybe Riley already was invented but they really wanted the movie to be what we actually got. Idk, it's a good movie, but that's just a small problem I have that might even have potential bias in it.

Credit to American--Pi for the amazing banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Do you touch yourself to XY Ash every night?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    Just saying, this is a good movie and all, but I can't stop thinking about one thing concerning it.

They wanted a Lucario to be the main focus of the movie, and have a trainer wearing clothes mimicking a Lucario's appearance, who owns and cares for a Lucario, and who uses aura... so why did they have Sir Aaron instead of a character already in the games who fitted every one of those categories, aka Riley? It always confused me why Riley got shoehorned into two episodes of the anime when a) he has f**king aura like is that not a thing we can spend more than two episodes on? And b) there is a movie dedicated to Aura and Lucario, yet he is nowhere to be seen.

It could simply be that Riley hadn't been invented at the time, and was only invented later to reference the anime, but it still bugs me a bit. I mean, Ash-Greninja was talked about with Game Freak, so would they have talked about this? Maybe Riley already was invented but they really wanted the movie to be what we actually got. Idk, it's a good movie, but that's just a small problem I have that might even have potential bias in it.
    It's entirely possible Game Freak was already designing Riley during the Hoenn season, and the anime writers got to hear from them about Riley, but they decided to make an expy in Sir Aaron by copying the overall design but not having them both be related. Think of it as how they used Alexa to promote Gen 6.

Strangely enough, the name "Aaron" was used in Gen 4 by an Elite Four not related to this.

~ Dammit, don't friendzone me now! ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Xenoblade Chronicles - Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It's entirely possible Game Freak was already designing Riley during the Hoenn season, and the anime writers got to hear from them about Riley, but they decided to make an expy in Sir Aaron by copying the overall design but not having them both be related. Think of it as how they used Alexa to promote Gen 6.

Strangely enough, the name "Aaron" was used in Gen 4 by an Elite Four not related to this.
    Well, you never know with this anime... tbh that was probably the reason.

Also, one small other problem I had with the film overall was (prepares shield) that Ash could use aura. It may sound stupid at first, but just bear with me a bit. Aura is shown to only be usable by very few people. That fact alone is completely true. But that fact caused me to think that Ash getting it was definitely going to be the outcome, and I was right. The point I'm trying to make is that Ash felt a bit like a "Black Hole Sue" when it came to aura - the fact that he had it and was the main protag took the spotlight away from the two other main humans who can use aura - Sir Aaron and Riley. Giving a special and rare power to other characters before giving it to the main protag kinda takes it away from the other characters - especially if they appear considerably less than the main protag. Take Riley for instance. He's shown to be the only other known human alive to be able to use aura, and the current only known person trying to become an aura guardian. That fact is pretty awesome, but it gets some of its hype taken away by the fact that Ash is also perfectly capable of using it, seeing as he is the main protagonist that a good amount of people care for, while Riley is that one kinda cool dude who appeared in two episodes. Also, Ash's aura may be referenced again in the DP anime, but then where the f**k did it go in later seasons? Maybe the Team Flare arc wouldn't have been as exciting if Ash had simply made a barrier to stop the giant rock thing, or if Ash had used aura to sense where Chespie was, but it still doesn't mean that he should've somehow completely forgotten that aura exists. Call me a nitpicker, but I just got a small bit annoyed.

Credit to American--Pi for the amazing banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Do you touch yourself to XY Ash every night?

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122