Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! (M08)

Throughout all my life, my favorite pokemon movie was the first one (Mewtwo Strikes Back) until when I saw this movie, I really changed my mind and liked more Lucario's movie. Overall, the movie was awesome, It brought back my passion of pokemon that clearly was my childhood, beacuse in that time I wasn't interested enough, as well it makes me to start to admire Lucario, he is a real deal. My favorite pokemon was Arcanine before Lucario. Now Lucario is slightly my favorite pokemon. Still Acanine is my 2 in general, but my favorite in the 1st Gen. So this movie is one of the best one generally so far.

I believe it was the final movie that had the original voice actors. I really enjoyed it and better yet I like how the Regi's appeared. It was cool to see all three of them chilling without them trying to destroy each other or something -_- But trying to destroy Ash, different story.
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/eb785j.gif[/IMG]

Well, the movie is getting released on DVD again, courtesy of Amazon. I announced this on Sunday, but it was not announced on Serebii.net's front page on either Sunday or yesterday. I hope it should be announced on the front page tomorrow if not today.

They haven't announced that Rival Destinies 1 will be released soon either. Don't be on the look out for it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    They haven't announced that Rival Destinies 1 will be released soon either. Don't be on the look out for it.
    What's that got to do with Lucario and the Mystery of Mew?

Quote Originally Posted by LDEJRuff View Post
    What's that got to do with Lucario and the Mystery of Mew?
    That Joe doesn't announce dubbed DVD news so don't expect him to announce news of M08's re-release. It's already been four days after all.

Even then, who's going to buy M08's re-release? it doesn't look like it'll have any new extras for the most part and you can get it used for cheap.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I liked this movie, it was pretty good. The story was unique for a Pokémon movie, and while it did end up being all about friendship and stuff, it wasn't shoved into my face so badly. The struggle inside Lucario with his thoughts and feelings about his trainer was interesting to see, I'm glad they gave him a little bit of depth. The Regi Trio was pretty cool, but they seemed a bit pointless. All they did was chase the main characters around and then left when Mew fixed stuff. Team Rocket felt useless as they always do, but I'm glad they didn't really interfere with the story, and were kept merely as comedy material. They had a few funny scenes, especially James dancing with May.

This movie was pretty good. The tournament montage was great, but I didn't like the song that was playing during the tournament. The princess was so beautiful.

Kidd summers(The dubbers should've gave her a better name) was cute....and cool too. It was funny when Brock took Kidd's hand and started filrting with her after the tournament.

The ballroom dance scene was boring as heck, Why was May looking so happy when she was dancing with a random person? Also, May dancing with James was just plain weird.

The scenes with Lucario and Ash were good. Also, It was nice when Ash was talking about the bond his and Pikachu's bond, I liked the re-animated scene from "Pokémon I Choose You". Those orange blobs were weird, I didn't like how they ate Ash and others like that.

The ending was not as epic as the other movie endings, but it was sad when Lucario died.
    The ending song "We Will Meet Again" was much .... Much better than the opening song.

This is the movie that started all the 'Aura gurdian' stuff, which is kinda annoying tbh.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 16th December 2013 at 11:05 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This movie is one of the best I've seen, and that was before I made the Lucario line my main line. Nice feels it gave me.

Oh, misleading DISH description:

"The Pokemon must rescue Pikachu from the clutches of evil Mew."

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    "The Pokemon must rescue Pikachu from the clutches of evil Mew."
    Well it did kidnap Pikachu and Meowth.

The movie just aired on CN here and I enjoyed it. I had forgotten how much I loved the background music in this movie, and the animation was nice (although the CGI stuff still looked awkward and stiff). I hadn't realized before, but Mime Jr. and Bonsly really seemed out of place in this movie; they did practically nothing and now that I've seen the movie again, I've come to the conclusion that they were merely shown to promote Gen 4 and that's it. Oh well. The ending of the movie still makes me sob.

Once again, I get to see my favorite movie, with the best opening song. Seeing it again reminds me of how much I loved this movie as a kid.

I finished watching this movie at the end of last school week.
    Personal response?

COULD I PLEASE AT LEAST WATCH AT LEAST ONE ANIME OR MOVIE WHERE THE MAIN CHARACTER DOESN'T DIE?!
    FC: 2251-5486-7013
    NNID: ImmortalMewtwo (banned on MIIVERSE pernamently, f()(K you sir* )
    Pokémon Y IGN: IMMORTALMEW2
    Pokémon ΩR IGN: IMMORTALMEW2

Away in Nara, Japan from the 20th of December - 12th of January!

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalMewtwo View Post
    COULD I PLEASE AT LEAST WATCH AT LEAST ONE ANIME OR MOVIE WHERE THE MAIN CHARACTER DOESN'T DIE?!
    Ash didn't die. What do you mean?

(I'm kidding, by the way).

Ash didn't die. What do you mean?

(I'm kidding, by the way).
    Lucario. Lucario died. Get with the program sir.
    Also, you should bloody know, since your avatar is Lucario :|

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalMewtwo View Post
    Lucario. Lucario died. Get with the program sir.
    Also, you should bloody know, since your avatar is Lucario :|
    Uh, I did watch the movie.

Uh, I did watch the movie.
    Well maybe I don't understand sarcasm then.
    Go along sir.

This movie is marvelous.

I swear I was terrified with the Regis. The way they sounded and the amazing theme (which was a remix from the one in the third gen) suited them so well it was horrifying. All this atmosphere behind the movie was really well done and it's a pity the movie writers haven't done something similar to it until now. I mean it all felt so adventurous but also... sad? Mew was so lonely and Lucario was so apart of the new world until the moment it was reunited with its master. That's when it all made sense to him.

Oh and that ending? Strong words for a 10-year-old kid indeed.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021