Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! (M08)

The ninth Pokémon movie is expected to be released in Japan during the summer of 2006. This means that work on the movie is already underway, as Pokeani has summarised:

The screenplay is being written by Hideki Sonoda, and according to his blog, it is entering its final stage after taking about nine months to write.

The lead animation director is Mōri Kazuaki, and according to his homepage, the trailer has been made to be a part of the end-of-year commercials for the movies made by the Tōhō group. From his page, it seems that work on the movie itself has begun earlier than normal.

In an interview with Yuyama Kunihiko on the November 27 Pokémon Sunday, he visited Italy in order to strengthen his vision of 漂流神殿 - "drifting temple" - and visited the ruins of Rome, as well as the cobalt blue city of Naples. According to Mr. Yuyama, a clear vision of the movie is already ready.

So the current situation of the movie is established as this:

* The screenplay and storyboard is almost complete.
    * A movie trailer will be broadcast with the other end-of-year Tōhō movie commercials.
    * The stage this time has Rome as the motif, possibly with a city like Naples.
    * The vision of a "drifting temple" suggests the ruins of Rome as the motif.
    * A possible link with link with Pokémon Ranger, as hinted by Coro Coro earlier in the year.
    * A summer 2006 release, possibly in July.

The first trailer is expected to be released within the next couple of weeks.

src: Bulbanews

End of post.

Well, after figuring out that if all-new Pokemon Episodes come on every Saturday morning, and that Mew and the Guiding Wave Hero(or Pokemon Movie 8) came on in between Japanese Episodes 412 and 413 in Japan, then provided that Miramax, who has the rights to dub the Pokemon movies in the US, is smart and announces the dub title before the time comes for American release, which should be around the time after Japanese Episode 412 comes Stateside and before the time Japanese Episode 413 is scheduled to come Stateside as well on early July 2006... They should announce the final dub title anytime between US Episodes 380 and 395(or Japanese Episodes 382 to 397 if counting the two lost Pokemon: Season 1 Episodes) so that they can open the way to preorder sales for the US Pokemon Movie 8 DVD two-and-a-half to three months before it's scheduled to arrive Stateside... But I bet that's not going to happen, because you know Miramax rushes everything just like 4Kids does, and in order to do so, they have to wait until the last minute to make a simple announcement... If the dub title is not announced in two to seventeen weeks for any reason whatsoever, either by an attempt to wipe out all traces of the Old Sea Chart/Map from the movie in order to get it Stateside w/o interfering w/ Nintendo's promotion plans(even if it fails because of possible technological issues when downgrading the signal that travels from the movie to your DS w/ a GBA Pokemon game inside in which allows for you to download the Old Sea Chart/Map), or Miramax choosing to get the signals wiped away from the movie, or maybe for another reason(like interference caused by the Wi-Fi signal interfering w/ other TVs' signals in a similar fashion to the Xbox 360's when it comes to interfering w/ other electronic devices), then we can always call Movie 8 a "late/lost movie" in the US...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 10th December 2005 at 5:48 AM. Reason: Number typo
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

About the costumes: I always thought of them as related to what Mewtwo had Joy wear in the first movie. What is it about the Mew line and the fascination with that style of clothing?

I can't wait for this movie to come out because it is going to have new pokemon in the movie I hope the story line is good i'm going to get it on dvd when it comes out!

Over 1600 Pictures are now up on SPP btw

Wow everything is happening today! The pictures are great. Makes me look forward to the movie. I only had a chance to look at a few but it was great. I see they had a flashback from the first episode which is cool and yes there was a scene where they all go in the water. Rukario looks pretty cool although when he dies I couldn't really make that part out. He bonded with that icicle(sp?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Over 1600 Pictures are now up on SPP btw
    thank you so much Joe!
    If you weren't a guy I would hug you!
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

HA! Cybercubed needs to see that one hot-spring scene, asap.
    They should use that glistening effect on the character's hair more often methinks. It makes Haruka's hairdo underneath her bandana look a lot less awkward.

Seeing it in pictures now, the film looks like its going to be a pretty enjoyable watch. Personally, I think it looks far more impressive than the previous Advanced Generation film. I'm especially looking forward to watching Luca move around, throwing its energy orbs and speeding along. Great stuff.

I have to add that Corphish and Swellow both look absolutely friggin' adorable when they're all teary eyed. Dawww!
    And James' face when he watches Jessie get absorbed by one o' dem thar blob things.

May = HOT at hot springs! So it was true!!
    Too bad we didn't get a close up of her chest!!

Anyway, love the effects, looked stunning but ended too quickly. Still, at least theres a battle at the start and the animation looks good - makes my eyes bleed with all the colour.

I really loved this pic too:
    http://www.serebii.net/movies/mew/pics/M0850.jpg

Even tho i'm a guy, I <3 Ash's hair there, it should stay like that.

End of post.

Quote Originally Posted by skarmachild
    May = HOT at hot springs! So it was true!!
    Too bad we didn't get a close up of her chest!!

Anyway, love the effects, looked stunning but ended too quickly. Still, at least theres a battle at the start and the animation looks good - makes my eyes bleed with all the colour.

I really loved this pic too:
    http://www.serebii.net/movies/mew/pics/M0850.jpg

Even tho i'm a guy, I <3 Ash's hair there, it should stay like that.
    I agree with you there.... about the bolded bit
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quick, what pages are the May hot spring pics on? I don't want to spoil myself the whole movie by clicking every page, can someone just tell me the page the May pics are on?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Quick, what pages are the May hot spring pics on? I don't want to spoil myself the whole movie by clicking every page, can someone just tell me the page the May pics are on?
    http://www.serebii.net/movies/mew/pics15.shtml

and

http://www.serebii.net/movies/mew/pics14.shtml

Aren't you happy there actually was a hot spring scene, not just some guy making rumours (Referes to May vs Misty swimsuit thread).
    Last edited by skarmachild; 23rd December 2005 at 12:45 AM.

End of post.

Thanks!

Whoa...is that GASP...May with her hair down?

OH my goodness, she looks friggin amazing. She looks even more adorable than usual, if that's even possible. I can barely breathe straight here, this is fantastic. It's almost breathtaking.

::takes deep breath::

OK, now back to your regularly scheduled movie 8 discussion. :x

Thanks!

OH my goodness, she looks friggin amazing. She looks even more adorable than usual, if that's even possible. I can barely breathe straight here, this is fantastic. It's almost breathtaking.

QUOTED FOR THE F*CKING TRUTH

Edit: Ash is a lucky sod!
    Last edited by skarmachild; 23rd December 2005 at 1:18 AM.

End of post.

Hey, did they change Kid's car? I remember she had a red Hummer.

Good stuff May. Anyway, looks like a good movie. Nice job with the pics.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 23rd December 2005 at 3:54 AM.

Woah, that is one rather sexy bikini.

Would look better on Janine, but still.

MUST BUY 8TH MOVIE FOR RARE POKEMON FANSERVICE

Oh BTW LET US PRAY 4 KIDS DOESN"T EDIT OUT HOT SPRINGS SCENE WITH MAY WHEN IT AIRS ON KIDS WB. I may even buy the DVD if they do, lol

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    Oh BTW LET US PRAY 4 KIDS DOESN"T EDIT OUT HOT SPRINGS SCENE WITH MAY WHEN IT AIRS ON KIDS WB. I may even buy the DVD if they do, lol
    wtf

Why the hell would they edit it out? They had no problem with May stripping off the on the beach, after all. Or any of the other bikini scenes.

It's a shame that the camera is always zoomed so far out whenever May is in a bikni in this movie.

It's like they know that people want to see a close-up of May in that sexy bikini, and they won't give us a close-up shot just to spite us.

It's a shame that the camera is always zoomed so far out whenever May is in a bikni in this movie.

It's like they know that people want to see a close-up of May in that sexy bikini, and they won't give us a close-up shot just to spite us.
    Yeah, I was thinking that.

Of course, we get loads of close up shots of Ash's lame body. ._.

I noticed that too, we get far more Ash fanservice than any other character on the show.

I noticed that too, we get far more Ash fanservice than any other character on the show.
    Indeed. I doubt they would have shown May in her bra and panties under a waterfall.

Yeah. *cold shower*

Thanks!

Hm. I like how Haruka looks a little older in that particular scene. o.o

But yanno, it could've been worse. They coulda pulled an AG Movie 1 and given you the bikini scene DURING the ending credits and zoomed it out further. :P

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Blaziken master Guest

Wowww May looks so much older in the hot spring scene, if only they keep her look through the series. Other than that Lukario is cool, manyula in action is great and the cameo appearance at the end was pretty unexpected.The only bad thing is hopefully Usohachii didn't keep its voice from the series

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast