...its like they're mocking me or something.Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
...its like they're mocking me or something.Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
Notice, no Johto Pokemon. Good or Bad? You decide.Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
Oh I'm so happy they made Noland an accomplished plane pilot. Since, when I think of good character developed, I think of planes.
Can't wait to see this episode! Noland gets an Articuno while Ash uses his Charizard. New Opening/Ending, SWEET!
Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell!Originally Posted by V Faction
Noland's assitant guy is hot! I must say!
And Noland's tank is pretty cool!
Seen the episode and It was pretty nice,
- Starts with the group looking for the battle factory, and they see articuno and a plane. they find a pokemon center and ask nurse joy when leaving scott shows up and drives them there.
- When they arrive there almost run over by a tank and looks like noland cant control tank its having some problems so ash uses grovyle may uses combusken and brock uses mudkip to stop it.
- Noland comes out and introduces himself and ash challenges him, ash has to pick a pokemon to battle. Ash looks at venusaur, Machamp, Rhyhorn but cant decide.
- Team rocket ofcourse want to capture the pokemon.
- Munchlax runs of with may and max chasing after it, it goes inside a garage and may and max spot the same plane they saw at the night and behind from munchlax out comes articuno and flies to noland.
- Noland then explains that he was once flying his plane and articuno showed up right next to him flying however it was going down cuz it had a injured wing. so noland got right underneath articuno and told it to land on the plane which it did, therefore gaining articuno's trust.
- Ash is amazed by articuno but max tells noland he wants to ride in the plane so max tells pikachu to join him which pikachu does and noland takes them for a flight with articuno flying as well.
- Team rocket mean while show up and ash is about to send out grovyle but TR's new machine takes the pokeball away from ash and they get all of nolands pokemon and are on the run for it when suddenly noland drives his plane right into the rockets machine knocking it down.
- he then orders Articuno to pick the machine up and throw it, ofcourse ash and the group are surprised at articuno's strenght being able to pick that machine up and toss it into the sky like a freakin frizbee.
- Noland orders an ice beam from articuno and there sent blasting off.
- Ash is completely amazed with articuno, and during the night all of them are outside eating and stuff so noland asks ash if he knows which pokemon he wants to fight.
- May and max are anxious to find out who ash wants to battle and to everyone's shock he picks articuno and like i said everyone is shocked.
- Noland asks articuno if thats fine and it has no problem and noland asks which pokemon he will use and ash says ill use that one looking at the sky and we see charizard. Ash runs toward it ofcourse getting flamethrowered.
- Noland and articuno look at ash and charizard and them looking right back at them and thats where the episode ends.
thanks a bunch Flamez! that's one damn good summary
anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with this explanation of how Noland gets Articuno...this way Articuno is portrayed more as Noland's friend than a Pokemon he caught...kind of like Haunter and Ash...can't wait till I can see this thing 4 myself :-D
I'm impressed with how much background they're giving Noland. He's not just some guy waiting in a building for someone to come up and challenge him. When did Ash contact Liza, BTW? I doubt Charizard just appears out of nowhere.
Like Hoenn's gym battles and contests (save Sootopolis and Izabe Island), this sounds to be a setup episode, but it also sounds like one of the better setup episodes on the whole.
I also hope Scott is used sparingly. It would be pretty weird if he drove them to every Battle Fronteir building.
Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!
Originally Posted by Shining Suicune
Seeing as how they did not show it, i bet he'll say something about it. Nice to see him get flamed again too.
Don't worry about that, seeing as how the man could Prof. Birch a run for his money in "Road Rage" driving, i don't think they'll take up his offer ever again.
Really? I thought it was easy sarcasm.Originally Posted by Kojiro
Of all things, they give him a plane. I may just dread what other silly character traits the Anime will have to inject into the dull Brains. Lucy and doll collecting? Spenser and Sky-diving? Brandon and cross-dressing?
Last edited by V Faction; 22nd July 2005 at 7:32 PM.
Usually I can tell when you use sarcasm...but....
We already have a Brain Crossdresser! XD
I think Noland fits with the plane. He was also using a tank as well. Fits in with the "Factory" aspect.
Does Noland's hot assistant have a name!
remember in 'fangs for nothing'? Charizard arrived because Liza was going to see Clair and zard tagged alongOriginally Posted by Shining Suicune
So maybe we will see Liza next ep
Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.
<rofl>! I don't think character traits are a bad thing, though. I like how the anime gives a little more depth to the Gym Leaders, something we can't really get out of the games.Originally posted by V Faction
Brandom and cross-dressing?
Of course! I forgot about Tucker. Bah, it's funnier on Bradon because he looks so serious.Originally Posted by Kojiro
Well, the reason it's a 'Factory' in the games is because of the Knowledge aspect behind it (how you have to be knowledgable about nearly all Pokemon to perform well). Though, if you wanted to edge in a silly add-on, I guess vehicles would also work well when included under the idea of a Factory.
I didn't really think of it as a bad choice personally. I mean, he does run a factory, so its understandable that he's going to be into machinery and such. And judging by the fugly design of that plane, I'd say its safe to assume he built that think by himself. But god, Noland obviously hasn't heard about pollution. How much smoke was spewing out of his vehicles? Sheesh >_>;Originally Posted by V Faction
And please. Spenser is SO going to be a biker.
It seems that they're starting to stick with some of the sound effects used in the previous episode, and that of the Mawile one. Most notably when a character throws a pokéball, it makes this weird...'whooshing' sort of sound. I'm not complaining though, as I kind of like it myself ^^; Though a few of the other cartoony sound effects seemed really unessicary and out of place. Like Munchlax (who is NOT AT ALL FUNNY, however hard these writers try to convince me otherwise) running of with the food for example. And when Jessie sort of...slapped James in the stomach. WTF was up with THAT sound effect? O__o;
Loved Articuo's mysterious entrance at the begining of the episode. And Noland's entrance was also pretty neat. You've got to love that steel-plated tank-like thing he was driving around in.And speaking of driving...lol at Scott. It was like a deranged howler monkey was at the wheel of that pimp mobile.
Did anyone else find it rather strange that Meowth even had to bother thinking of a reason to give Giovanni an Articuno? Its a freakin' LEGENDARY POKéMON Meowth. I'd have thought that alone would be a good enough reason to give it to him.
I didn't like how Articuno sounded like a bootleg version of Lapras/Tropius. I don't see why they couldn't have just used its cry from the movies, which was a lot more impressive sounding.
I also wasn't fond of the fact that Noland seemed to own a hell of a lot of pokémon in need of some serious battle time, yet in the end it all comes down to a 1 on 1 match. I know I've complained about it before, but its like sticking a steak in my heart when this guy has so many awesome pokémon that would've provided some really nice battles. Its a real shame, thats for sure.
Overall, it was an ok episode, with an impressive amount of character put into Noland, and to some extent Lap...I mean, Articuno.
...I still think the whole idea behind these two episodes sucks of course
Last edited by Gravy; 22nd July 2005 at 7:34 PM.
Originally Posted by GravyYeah, I know you were typing the post while I typed my message, but.... well, I can't think of anything.Originally Posted by V Faction
EDIT: Man, do I need to friggin' re-read my posts before I post them.
ok for those wondering when ash contacted liza and how charizard just showed up. Well they never really showed ash contacting liza but i mean common ash is not psychic. When noland asked ash what pokemon will you use ash? Ash said ill use that And looked at the sky. everyone else was shocked to see charizard except for ash meaning he contacted liza sometime in the day and he arrived during the night time its not that hard to believe. I dont think liza will be there brock called liza during the johto league to send charizard for ash but liza didnt show up so the same thing is being done here.
Why couldnt he just choose Trapinch so the battle would end quickly? Thats what I would have done. Easy win for me there.For those wondering, these are the other Pokemon Ash had to choose from as his opponent:
But anyways does this mean Scott will be traveling with Ash driving them throughout Kanto?
Let's look at that a bit.Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
He could have an advantage. Being a first stage Pokemon, Trapich is bound to have weak defense. Throw in Grovyle or Swellow and it's over.
But then... We have to take a step back. How many times have 'weaker' Pokemon been judged wrong? How often do we get these Potential Pokemonators that get a vast among of survivability and stamina? Chances are, you can bet that that Trapinch would be just as well trained as any of the other Pokemon there, going by anime rules.
And interestingly enough, even by game rules, Trapinch is a threat. That's right. I'm sure most members here know of it's insanely high Attack stat. And it has the ability Arena Trap, making it even more deadly. By far, Trapinch is the most usable lower evolution Pokemon. Some would argue Light Ball Pikachu with that.
just saw the epi-pix...quality stuff! gotta say, Giovanni's lookin pretty hott in just his boxers ;-) ...hahaha....anyway, the pix make me realize that this would be the first time May and Max meet Ash's Charizard, right?
yeah and i love may's reaction to Charizard's Greeting ritual.Originally Posted by phoenix12
Last edited by Almighty Zard; 22nd July 2005 at 9:46 PM.
Yep, this is the first time Charizard has appeared since its battle with Blaziken. Aerodactyl, Magmar, Poliwrath, Charizard clone, fake Entei, Blastoise, Blaziken, it's always a good battle with Charizard.
I'm sort of mad that they aren't using rental pokemon,but I like the fact that it is Ash's charizard fighting articuno as a random one would mean they are being way too repetitive.Gotta love the "Zard" though!
I can't wait for next weeks episode.
I thought the episode looked not to bad it was good to see charizard again
Last edited by kyle_andrew; 22nd July 2005 at 10:06 PM.
True, good to see old favourites, though it's lack of a spot in the new opening/ending hints that it won't be around for too long.Originally Posted by kyle_andrew
"Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.