Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Numero Uno Articuno (412)

Team Rocket Admin is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    True, good to see old favourites, though it's lack of a spot in the new opening/ending hints that it won't be around for too long.
    I know thats sad. Come on writers make Charizard stay.

Who knows what's gonna happen it might stay it might not.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
    Why couldnt he just choose Trapinch so the battle would end quickly? Thats what I would have done. Easy win for me there.
    Since when does Ash seek out easy wins? He always goes for the toughest challenge he can. After all, how often does one get to fight an Articuno?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    yeah and i love may's reaction to Charizard's Greeting ritual.
    Reminds me of a comment Liza made in one episode after Charizard's flame greeting.

Liza: "That was a good luck kiss!"

Why exactly did Ash called his Charizard? But then again, at least we see Max and May saw Ash's Charizard for the first time. Max's watch on Ash's battle doesn't count cause he didn't meet it in person. LIZARDON!!! ^_^ Even though this show us the pointless filler but we did get to see some new things in this, what I said already.

was it me or did anyone thought that the pokemon center they went to look exactly like the one when they save Charmander?

was it me or did anyone thought that the pokemon center they went to look exactly like the one when they save Charmander?
    maybe it is? They first went there not too long after Cerulean City.

I love you Charizard...

Anyone mind filling me in on who Datsura's seiyuu is? Sounds very familiar. o_O;

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

my comments about the new opening can be seen in its respective thread (once I post there, anyway.... I'm reading through the currently 12-page thing in another window right now). All I can say is that, while the opening song itself was great, I was let down by a few things. However, my nerves calmed soon afterwards. Shortly after Nyaasu talks about what Sakaki could do with Freezer, Kojirou suddenly reminded them of the fact that Freezer's a legendary Pokemon and they wouldn't be capable of getting it so easily without forming a plan. It was a let-down that their "plan" was just to barge in with another typical mecha, but I was laughing my head off at the time as Kojirou was bringing some level-headedness to the group for once and the others just sat their making funny expressions XD. Enishida's wacky driving was also good for a laugh.

But the biggest treat for me came when Datsura appeared. Oh my god.... his voice.... seems familiar.... it can't be.... can it? I waited until the ending credits and, low and behold, I guessed right. Datsura's seiyuu is none other than Hiyama friggin Nobuyuki (Link, Balmung, Hiei, Black War Greymon, Asagi Shougo, two earlier roles in Pocket Monsters as Akira and Buson, etc.). You know what writers, with the next episode, I won't mind if you suck worse than you ever did and make this battle end up becoming another huge, rushed disappointment, just so long as you give this guy a huge number of speaking parts. I've mentioned liking Kanemaru Jun'ichi as Harley and Nozawa Masako as Masamune in the past, but they don't compare to the glory that is Nobuyuki. Yes.... that voice..... so dark, and tough, and just plain cool..... definitely among my favorites in all of anime [licks lips]. Alfonso, P_B, you're already obsessing over Datsura, right? I don't intend on going as far as to use sexual innuendo, but mind if I join ya?

EDIT: LOL! Seems I just answered your question Ed. I didn't see your post as I was typing this.

EDIT 2: Finished making that post.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 23rd July 2005 at 12:15 PM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

So did the guy have an or not

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Man David
    So did the guy have an or not
    Yes, he did. He was flying in his plane one day and ran across an injured Articuno. He maneuvered below it and got it to land on top of his plane, then when they landed he helped it get better, and it decided to stay with him.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Yes, he did. He was flying in his plane one day and ran across an injured Articuno. He maneuvered below it and got it to land on top of his plane, then helped it out upon landing, and it decided to stay with him.

thanke i bet the other ones will have legandarys 2.

well..... Freezer was never in a Monster Ball, so it's hard to tell if Datsura officially owns it or merely befriended it and allows him to command it in battles (similar to Satoshi & Ghost/Yougiras). Then again, it was assumed Kasumi had ownership of Togepi (Pikachu doesn't count considering it was inside a ball at first), so maybe it's really his. They just had to make things complicated by not involving a Monster Ball, didn't they? But I guess if we get into technicalities, the fact that Pokemon are meant to just be friends and not slaves and they can remain with or leave a trainer freely, the fact that Freezer seemed to be living inside Datsura's warehouse, then yeah, it seems as though the Freezer was his.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Probably not. This kind of thing is definitely the exception to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12
    just saw the epi-pix...quality stuff! gotta say, Giovanni's lookin pretty hott in just his boxers ;-)
    And what about that initial scene where Giovanni is kinda sitting up in bed and just the sheets are covering him? Just what kind of thoughts does Meowth have about Giovanni?

[img135]http://www.geoscreens.com/teamrocket/ag135gioinbed.jpg[/img135]
    Last edited by Geodude; 23rd July 2005 at 9:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    well..... Freezer was never in a Monster Ball, so it's hard to tell if Datsura officially owns it or merely befriended it and allows him to command it in battles (similar to Satoshi & Ghost/Yougiras). Then again, it was assumed Kasumi had ownership of Togepi (Pikachu doesn't count considering it was inside a ball at first), so maybe it's really his. They just had to make things complicated by not involving a Monster Ball, didn't they? But I guess if we get into technicalities, the fact that Pokemon are meant to just be friends and not slaves and they can remain with or leave a trainer freely, the fact that Freezer seemed to be living inside Datsura's warehouse, then yeah, it seems as though the Freezer was his.
    He stated outright that he DID NOT capture it. It's just a friend that comes to visit from time to time.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Oops...then the scene I described was how they became friends, not how it became his.

This episode was very good^^
    The scene with Scott driving to the Battle Factory was hilarious, I absolutely loved how everyone was scared to death, yet Scott was the only one having a happy-happy smile on his face.

I found it odd at first, but then I liked the fact they made Noland very cool and everything and yet a bit... clumsy? (Is not the right word I guess, oh well.)

And YAY for the music in this episode! Challenger and the movie version of the Advance Adventure tune. Awesome, really awesome

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

lostpokemon Guest

In the preview i had sawn teamR land with manene and manuyla
    will they capture it? Or will may capture mime(enghlishname of manene)?

phoenix12 Guest

Originally posted by lostpokemon
    In the preview i had sawn teamR land with manene and manuyla
    will they capture it? Or will may capture mime(enghlishname of manene
    this topic is discussed extensively in the NEW AG OPENING/ENDING thread in the Anime Spoilers section :-)

Late at night, everyone is having dinner outisde the stadium. As they're eating, Ash tells Noland that he wants him to use Articuno. Noland agrees to this terms and tells Ash that he can choose one Pokemon of his to combine with his 2 rental Pokemon.

Ash knows what to use... he looks up to the moon and sees Charizard. With Charizard being reunited with Ash again, he comes to Charizard giving him a warm welcome...FIRE
    Part of a summary of...another Pokemon Site that has it synopsis done...

well...that means Ash has Charizard as his one of his choice...and the other 2 as RENATAL POKEMON...i wonder what the RENTAL pokemon are?

hmm...oh well...most likely it's Rental one...vs. Noland 1...as Rental One wins, then it's Rental 1 vs. Noland 2, and Noland 2 WINS...and then Rental 2 vs. Noland 2...and BOTH FAINT...

and then the final battle between Articuno and Charizard..who will win?...lol

it's kind RESEMBLES to the HOENN GYM MATCH #5 AGAINST NORMAN...lol...except their was A SUBSTITUTE...maybe that will happen...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Huh? Ash said to Noland he wants a 1 on 1 battle, Articuno vs. Charizard. And that's it O_O Nothing with rental Pokémon.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    Huh? Ash said to Noland he wants a 1 on 1 battle, Articuno vs. Charizard. And that's it O_O Nothing with rental Pokémon.
    No...it just ain't a 1-ON-1 battle...he is to also get TWO RENTAL pokemon...and Noland will use 2 of his own...or RENTAL...plus Articuno
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Aha...So then I wonder, why didn't he say anything about it in this episode?

Noland: "So Ash, did you choose the Pokémon you want to battle?"
    Ash: "Yes, I did."
    Max: "I bet you chose Venusaur!"
    May: "Or Rhyhorn, perhaps?"
    Ash: "No. I want to have a one on one battle against Articuno."
    Everyone's all like "WTH?"
    Brock: "Against Articuno??"
    Noland: "What do you think, Articuno? Is that okay?"
    (Noland takes Articuno's "Huh?"-like sound as a yes.)
    Noland: And what Pokémon will you use?"
    Ash: "I choose.. him." (Looks up, Charizard arrives, everybody's excited, yadda-yadda-yadda.)

Noland didn't make any further suggestions about rental Pokémon Ash could use. He agreed to a one on one battle, and I seriously can't imagine that Ash will suddenly change his mind in the next episode *is stubborn*
    Last edited by Sushi; 23rd July 2005 at 4:24 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Manmadhan
    No...it just ain't a 1-ON-1 battle...he is to also get TWO RENTAL pokemon...and Noland will use 2 of his own...or RENTAL...plus Articuno
    According to my friends who know Japanese, that is not true

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    According to my friends who know Japanese, that is not true
    Then how come Murg said that it was true? that, that was the orignal choice but Ash later want to have the one on one battle instead.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast