Thread: 1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Default 1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Section mergers = new thread! Discuss what you're doing in the RBY/GSC games here.

If you have questions, please use the Help Thread sticky within this section. We also encourage that you put some effort into your posts, because one-liners like 'I beat the E4' are spammy and boring to read.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Fandex! Browse/upload Pokemon Fanworks!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: Game Plot Analysis - The Johto Games! Better or worse?
    Previous Article: What Iwata Contributed to Pokemon. RIP, Iwata. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

I've started a new file on Crystal and chose the female character and named her Kris. I then awoke in my room in New Bark Town and headed downstairs. I gossiped with my mother next and she mentioned Professor Elm and she handed me the Pokegear. I walked around outside next, then I saw a mean red-haired boy spying on Elm's lab. Afterwards, I talked with Professor Elm and chose Cyndaquil as my Starter. Elm then got an e-mail and asked me to visit Mr. Pokemon. I got a Potion from Elm's assistant, then I walked towards Route 29 and I battled against wild Pokemon along the path for experience. I soon arrived in Cherrygrove City and I got a tour of the town from an old man and I got the Map Card thing.

Today, I did a few things on my sister’s Yellow version. I completed the game for her a few years ago, but haven’t touched it since then. I looked at her party and then flew over to Indigo Plateau to go through the Elite Four again for fun. That was pretty simple, though I did have to use several Revives After the credits, I started back in Pallet Town and started walking around the region. I eventually reached Cerulean City and checked out my sister’s Pokedex there. I noticed that Mewtwo was not registered in it, so I guess that means I didn’t go through Cerulean Cave after finishing the main game years ago. Might do that if I play again soon.
    ~ * * ~

After exploring Cherrygrove City, I walked north to Route 30. I passed through the tall grass and sashayed into Mr. Pokemon's house and I spoke to him and Prof. Oak there. I snatched the Mystery Egg for Professor Elm, then I got a Pokedex from Prof. Oak. I went outside and got a panicked call from Professor Elm. I waked back to Cherrygrove City and I battled the red-haired kid and thrashed his Totodile by Route 29. Next I visited Professor Elm's Lab and gossiped with a police officer and I named the kid. Afterwards, I spoke to Professor Elm and handed him the Mystery Egg and went out. I returned to Route 29 and learned how to catch wild Pokemon, then I marched past Cherrygrove and back to Route 30.

A couple of days ago, I played my sister's Yellow again and entered Cerulean Cave. It had been a while since I last explored Yellow's version of the cave, so I had to do a little trial-and-error to figure out which way to go when faced with a fork in the road. I had to backtrack a few times when I chose the path that lead to to the next room instead of the path that lead to an item. Also, the levels of the Pokemon I had on me weren't that high, so even though I had a repel on I still encountered quite a few wild Pokemon.

Eventually, I made it to the end of the cave and battled Mewtwo. I chucked my Master Ball at it and caught it. Then, I used an Escape Rope to get out.
    ~ * * ~

So next I sashayed through Route 30 sagain and fought a few trainers on the road and I caught a wild Weedle and Spinarak for my collection. I then showed up at the entrance to Dark Cave and I caught a wild Geodude inside. I headed out of the cave after training, then I sprinted west toward Route 31. I battled a Bug Catcher and then I passed through the gatehouse that led to Violet City. I healed my darlings at the Pokemon Center upon arrival and I visited the Poke Mart and shopped for items. I visited Earl's Pokemon Academy afterward and I went south to Route 32 as well. I caught a wild Bellsprout, Ekans, and Wooper and level grinded in the tall grass for a while before heading back to Violet City.
    Last edited by Lorde; 2nd August 2015 at 8:19 PM.