Thread: Favorite GSC BGM

Default Favorite GSC BGM

Inspired by Favorite Music From R/B/Y, which background music from GSC did you like?

Remember to give reasons for your choice.

I liked the Champion Theme based on how intense it is, based on the scenario of beating Lance, the current Champion so that the player could become Champion and defeating Red, the former Champion and his high-levelled Pokémon.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

Cool, a thread I created is inspiring a new thread.

My favorite music from GSC has to be the National Park music, because it always stood out to me as the most serene music from the game, which I really liked.

The music from Ecruteak City is an honorable mention, for the same reason.

I have a few favourites from G/s/c like the Cianwood music and the Johto gym leader battle music. O and the S.S. Aqua music sounds fun and energetic also. ^^

Like R/B/Y, G/S/C did have a rather good soundtrack. My top favorite is definitely Goldenrod City. I remember how I stayed in Goldenrod for long times just so I could listen to the music there rather than do anything of importance. The reason I liked it? It is hard to explain, I think it just suited the city and the atmosphere there very well. The way the music/chiptunes were arranged was something I liked. Unfortunately, I did not like the remake version at all. But I have learned to live with it.

Other tracks I like are these:
    • Route 42, 43, 44 & Lake of Rage
    • Raikou/Entei/Suicune Battle Theme
    • Tin Tower
    • Mt. Silver/Lighthouse
    • Kanto Gym Leader Battle theme
    • Ecruteak/Cianwood City
    • Lavender Town
    • Route 26/27

Might have more favorites but those are what I could think of for now.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 26th November 2015 at 9:10 PM. Reason: Reasons?

I like the bgm from the Dragon's Den because its awesome, and I have to give props to the Lance battle bgm for sounding so tense and epic lol.

The themes I like the best in these games are:
    -Route 29(so cheerful and upbeat)
    -Route 35(cheerful again)
    -Dark Cave(creepy and mysterious)
    -vs.Champion(epic)
    Other themes I like a lot are:vs.Gym Leader,Route 2,Cherrygrove City,and Tin Tower.

The Champion battle theme is definitely my favourite tune from GSC. I found it very exciting when I heard it for the first time and thought it was very fitting music for an important battle. Today, it's still my favourite Champion battle theme in the entire series.
    ~ * * ~

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    I like the bgm from the Dragon's Den because its awesome, and I have to give props to the Lance battle bgm for sounding so tense and epic lol.
    I had forgotten about the dragon's den's music which was kind of cool sounding. Clair's theme music which plays there in Crystal when she appears was great too.

If I had to choose one, I'd go with Route 27 (that route before the Victory Road). It's just so... awesome and uplifting.

Other than that, New Bark Town, Ecruteak City and the National Park. They're sort of slow and calm, which is just plain beautiful.

I love the BGM that plays when you're surfing, too.
    Last edited by arceus03; 10th December 2015 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serena_san View Post
    I had forgotten about the dragon's den's music which was kind of cool sounding. Clair's theme music which plays there in Crystal when she appears was great too.
    I didn't play crystal so I never heard Claire's bgm. The only crystal bgm that I heard was the legendary dogs bgm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    I didn't play crystal so I never heard Claire's bgm. The only crystal bgm that I heard was the legendary dogs bgm.
    The Entei, Raikou & Suicune theme music was kind of epic I'll admit & Crystal also had the Battle Tower which had nice music too and Eusine's theme was also noteworthy and excellent. ^^

To be honest, I really like Gen 2's Game Corner Theme. Its one of the music I can listen to it for many hours. I remember just hanging inside the game corner while hearing the theme way back when I was little. Teehee

Its pretty catchy and a bit upbeat. It just makes me want to keep playing at the game corner for awhile.