Thread: Favorite Gen 1 Gym Leader?

Default Favorite Gen 1 Gym Leader?

The Gen 1 games gave us several cool Gym Leaders to battle against: Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, and Giovanni.

Which ones were your favorites? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

My absolute favorite of the lot was Misty since she specialized in my favorite type of Pokemon, and if I had to choose a second one, I'd choose Giovanni simply because he was tough.

My favorite Kanto GL was Brock, because of his type specialty (Rock types) and his slanted eyes, which I always found charming.

Erika for me. I like flowers so a Gym Leader who likes flowers is something I see as positive. Then she seems like a rather calm and collected person which I like as well.
    ~ ~
    ~
    ~ ~

For me, it is a tie between Misty and Sabrina, because the former uses Water type, which is my favourite type, and the latter is very mysterious due to her powers she had even as a child.

I'd have to choose Sabrina, she was very tough for me to beat, especially her Alakazam.
    In Loving Memory
    HeartGold Team
    August 2015 - January 2017
    Lost to careless deletion of save file.

Lilly | Charlotte | Pearl | Yolk | Cinder | Minty

I'd have to go with Erika as my top pick from R/B/Y cuz she had an elegant design and I liked how she had a quirk involving her dozing off hee hee. I also liked Blaine, mainly cuz his gym's quiz questions were fun to solve and his gym was really original. :]

My pick had to be Lt. Surge because of his brash, no-holds barred personality and his powerhouse, Raichu. Once he treated you badly, the feeling that comes after you beat him is satisfying.
    "Respect the old, search for the new".

"There is no knowledge that is not power." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Goodbye Kalos, Hello Alola!

There's not really one Kanto Gym Leader I like more than the others, but I'll go with Blaine today. The Fire type was my favourite back in the day (before being replaced by Water) and I loved how his Gym puzzle is a quiz. Having a Gym on an island instead of the mainland like the others is something else that I always liked for some reason.
    >>// \\<<

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

I really like Erika's gracefulness compared to the other Kanto gym leaders. Her Pokémon and gym design complemented her calmness well.
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

Brock is my favorite just because of his goofy presence in the anime as well as his fearful presence in the games

I'm going with Sabrina. She's a real tough cookie to beat in the Gen 1 games. I lost to her Alakazam five times in a row back when I was playing Pokémon Blue for the first time.

I'll go with Kasumi this time, although frankly my fondness of her stems from the anime mainly. I liked her in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow as well, but she wasn't as dynamic in the games as she was in the television show.

Sabrina and her gym were a fun experience, in my opinion. The portals in her gym were a challenge to get through, and I also thought it was cool how she was able to read your mind.

Blaine, because of his quiz machines. (I always battled anyway, but the quizzes were kind of a fun alternative. )