Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 178

Thread: Gold and Silver on 3DS VC - Discussion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,091

    Default Gold and Silver on 3DS VC - Discussion

    Well, as many of us fans hoped when Red, Blue and Yellow were re-released, Pokemon Gold and Silver are coming to the 3DS Virtual Console! Strangely there's no Crystal, but maybe they're waiting for 2018. What are your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    177

    Default

    I am totally on this hype train! And they will have Bank compatibility! This is awesome. Great news. Love it! I've been sad because I don't want to change out the batteries in Silver & Crystal. (Gold's still in shrink.) This announcement is most appreciated! Oh yes! Oh yes!

    So, with a 3DS, we'll now have Gens 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, & 7 available. 5 VC games and the rest on carts. That's pretty amazing if you think about it. One console has access across to all those generations. Simply amazing.

    Will they VC Crystal & gen 3? No idea. Would insta buy them all though.
    Living Bank/Dex complete.

    Campions beaten: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola.

    Shiny Collection: ,654,694,716,717,769

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    /watch?v=NCwUHU2hMPw
    Posts
    5,928

    Default

    It happened, and I'm not surprised. I'm somehow happy that these games are to be released for the 3DS Virtual Console, but I'm not interested in getting them myself. Had Crystal been included, it would have been a different story as I had considered maybe getting Crystal for the 3DS (but that's still a very big maybe). Why am I interested in it when the Johto games are my least favorites? Well, Crystal is still my favorite Johto game, and I considered getting it since the battery for my Crystal cart has died long ago. I also had some things I wanted to do in my original Crystal which I never got around to. So yeah. I won't get either of these games but maybe Crystal if it should get released in the future... a big maybe.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Marysville, Washington State
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Well I have been looking forward to seeing an eShop release of them ever since last year. Having played the originals, this is a really good thing to hear. Course now I need to decide which Pokemon I am going have on my team as well as the theme of the nicknames I will be using for my team members. I also have to make sure I follow my two rules regarding nicknames.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,560

    Default

    I'm glad that we'll see Gold and Silver for the Virtual Console even if it took longer than I expected hee hee. I'm excited to see if we'll receive a special Celebi distribution to go with these games like how we got the Mew event for VC R/B/Y.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Celadon City
    Posts
    81

    Default

    What, does GF hate Crystal or something? First, they replace her with Liera, then they don't put her game on VC.
    My shinies:
    LG

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineon457 View Post
    What, does GF hate Crystal or something? First, they replace her with Liera, then they don't put her game on VC.
    Well I figure that we might still get Crystal on the Virtual Console, but that the announcement focused on Silver and Gold cuz they came first in chronology. :]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Omg, I'm so thrilled about these games! Finally, I can own the original Gold & Silver without fretting about the damn internal battery running out and deleting my save file.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vroomer View Post
    I am totally on this hype train! And they will have Bank compatibility! This is awesome. Great news. Love it! I've been sad because I don't want to change out the batteries in Silver & Crystal. (Gold's still in shrink.) This announcement is most appreciated! Oh yes! Oh yes!

    So, with a 3DS, we'll now have Gens 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, & 7 available. 5 VC games and the rest on carts. That's pretty amazing if you think about it. One console has access across to all those generations. Simply amazing.

    Will they VC Crystal & gen 3? No idea. Would insta buy them all though.
    If you still have an original DS or DS Lite, you can transfer your Gen 3 pokemon too. That's how I got my original Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza to Moon. Eventually.

    But if they don't put out Crystal on the VC, I'm going to be majorly irked. I would really love it if they put out Pokemon Stadium, or Stadium 2 on the VC. I might even consider buying a Switch if they had it on a Switch VC.

    I've actually still got a couple of GBCs, a GBA, GBA-SP, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS XL and new 3DS, plus all my original cartridges.

    I guess this means I'm going to have to start lugging my 3DS XL around now, so I can finish off Blue. I finished Yellow on my new 3DS, then picked up a copy of Blue so I could trade back and forth, pokedex completion, etc.
    Last edited by Dr. Eeviil; 7th June 2017 at 5:39 AM.
    F - is the Fire that rains from the skies
    U - for Uranium, Bomb!
    N - is for No Survivors...

    3DS friend code 2552 2930 8097
    Secret Base profile: http://mini-info.net/galleries/misc/...SecretBase.png
    WTT for: Monsoon & River Vivillon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,513

    Default

    I gasped when the Gym leader battle music started playing after the Ultra SM info. I'm so happy about this, gen 2 is my all time favorite. I was hoping they'll continue on putting the old Pokemon games on the 3DS VC. Wonder why Crystal wasn't in this.

    Excited! Gonna buy Silver!
    Last edited by Genos; 7th June 2017 at 8:16 AM.
    deb

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,467

    Default

    I am so happy that this was announced. After playing RBY on my 3DS, I've been really wanting to re-play Gold/Silver.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Finally, I can own the original Gold & Silver without fretting about the damn internal battery running out and deleting my save file.
    This is one of the biggest reasons I'm glad the games are coming to the VC, tbh. I just checked my Gold cartridge a few minutes ago and found out that the battery finally gave out, so now all three of my GSC games have dead batteries. Now, I won't have to worry about the battery dying (or trying to replace it...).


    I'll buy both Gold & Silver, though I'll use Gold as my main version. My physical copy of Gold was the first Pokemon game I owned.
    >>// \\<<

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    OK, first Gold/Silver VC question. Which starter are you gonna choose? Me, I'm gonna choose Totodile.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    OK, first Gold/Silver VC question. Which starter are you gonna choose? Me, I'm gonna choose Totodile.
    Cyndaquil, my favorite Johto starter.
    deb

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,467

    Default

    On Gold, I'm definitely choosing Cyndaquil and using Typhlosion on my team in honour of my original Gold save file.

    For my first Silver playthrough, not sure yet...I've really liked using the Totodile line in the past, but I would like to use Chikorita more. I think the only time I had Meganium on a Gen 2 team was on a Crystal playthrough a long time ago.
    >>// \\<<

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    5,628

    Default

    I'm getting both Gold and Silver, and I will chose the two startesr my friend doesn't choose.

    For example, if he chose Cynaquil, then I will choose Chikorita and Totodile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    IRL Unova
    Posts
    426

    Default

    I completely understand why Crystal wasn't coming out along with GS for the time being. If Crystal came out along with GS on the same day, Crystal would completely overshadow them in terms of sales, even if there were people that would rather get GS over Crystal anyway. I do hope we get Crystal in the future, however.

    As for what starter I want, I'm thinking Totodile. I've used Cyndaquil in SoulSilver, loved him. I've used Chikorita in Moon, it really is terrible, although I did a full team sweep with Meganium on Showdown before, so I have some respect for it. Point is, I've never used Totodile before, hopefully things will go well. Still need to decide on version, however.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749;

    Shinies found, but could not obtain:

    3 shiny hunted, 27 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

    Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    On Gold, I'm definitely choosing Cyndaquil and using Typhlosion on my team in honour of my original Gold save file.

    For my first Silver playthrough, not sure yet...I've really liked using the Totodile line in the past, but I would like to use Chikorita more. I think the only time I had Meganium on a Gen 2 team was on a Crystal playthrough a long time ago.
    That is how I will be playing my Gold, too.
    Living Bank/Dex complete.

    Campions beaten: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola.

    Shiny Collection: ,654,694,716,717,769

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,632

    Default

    Silver was the first main series Pokémon game I ever played.

    Back then, I didn't know anything. I didn't even know what Special Defense was. I'm actually very excited to play Silver (or perhaps Gold) again with all the knowledge I've gained over the last 15 years.

    One thing's for sure, Whitney is getting her *** kicked this time.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    199

    Default

    If I ever want to, I'll get Silver to honour all those childhood memories of me playing it. It wasn't actually mine, but my cousin's, so he sort of gifted me with it. I may choose either Chikorita or Totodile, who was my (or rather, my cousin's) original starter.

    (The reason I say 'if' is because I have SoulSilver, and I've gotten very far on that game, so I'm kind of mulling over if I want to start my Johto journey all over again from the very beginning. Chikorita is who I chose on the remake.)
    I love Canada now and forever.

    Sun Team:

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Silver is the first game of the franchise I owned, is the reason I collected many childhood memories and how I learned English; by using a dictionary to translate the NPC's and solving the puzzles in the story-mode. Not that I'd like to have Hidden Abilities of Johto Pokémon for US/UM, but I'd love to pay a re-visit to the old Johto and cherish the memories once again.
    POKÉMON SUN MOON | IGN-M: VITTORIA | IGN-S: TESSA | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811


  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I know I will grab Silver (Mainly Just for Lugia & Red Gyarados)

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I think the reason that Crystal version is not coming out the same day as Gold and Silver is more technical than anything. It is my understanding that the Japanese version of Crystal had some internet features accessible by using a peripheral that plugged into a cellphone. Those features included wireless trading, a battle tower, and a GS ball event. If they want to keep those features it means that Nintendo is going to have to do some sort of workaround similar to how in the Gen I virtual console games are able to trade via wifi instead of a link cable. That will require a good bit of programming and the setting up servers so it is understandable that Crystal might need more time before it is ready for a release. And to speculate further I cant help but think if they are going to go through that much trouble to do all of that then they might have those features available in all regions.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post
    I think the reason that Crystal version is not coming out the same day as Gold and Silver is more technical than anything. It is my understanding that the Japanese version of Crystal had some internet features accessible by using a peripheral that plugged into a cellphone. Those features included wireless trading, a battle tower, and a GS ball event. If they want to keep those features it means that Nintendo is going to have to do some sort of workaround similar to how in the Gen I virtual console games are able to trade via wifi instead of a link cable. That will require a good bit of programming and the setting up servers so it is understandable that Crystal might need more time before it is ready for a release. And to speculate further I cant help but think if they are going to go through that much trouble to do all of that then they might have those features available in all regions.
    Makes sense. It takes additional work to alter some of those features and improve on others.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    IRL Unova
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post
    I think the reason that Crystal version is not coming out the same day as Gold and Silver is more technical than anything. It is my understanding that the Japanese version of Crystal had some internet features accessible by using a peripheral that plugged into a cellphone. Those features included wireless trading, a battle tower, and a GS ball event. If they want to keep those features it means that Nintendo is going to have to do some sort of workaround similar to how in the Gen I virtual console games are able to trade via wifi instead of a link cable. That will require a good bit of programming and the setting up servers so it is understandable that Crystal might need more time before it is ready for a release. And to speculate further I cant help but think if they are going to go through that much trouble to do all of that then they might have those features available in all regions.
    I can see what you mean, and it would be cool to have worldwide servers for Crystal.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749;

    Shinies found, but could not obtain:

    3 shiny hunted, 27 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

    Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Wow, didn't expect them to come so soon.

    This is the team I'm planning to take, but it depends on some things I'll try.


    1. The Time Capsule trading
    2. The cloning glitch

    Can't wait to play it on my 3ds, thank you Nintendo for making us so happy.
    My Current Pokémon Gold Team


Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •