Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2127

Thread: MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

  1. #2001
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Llantrisant
    Posts
    6,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott41001 View Post
    Hey RaZoR LeAf! Can you do me a favor? I'm less than half your age and I know your making kids younger than me cry! Your shutting down peoples thread just because of the topic. I do not intend on offending you, but could you be a little nicer and re-open all these threads? Thank you! (i am talking about glitch threads)
    Depends how less than half my age you are, but even then you should be able to read. Like the title of this thread, or the first post of this thread. Work it out.

    You may want to stop triple posting too, I'll infract you for it if you do it again. Sob stories don't affect me.
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 28th June 2011 at 12:28 AM.

  2. #2002
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Luxray Village
    Posts
    115

    Default

    all i got to say.


    Thanks to Tyranitarquake for the banner!

  3. #2003
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionZ View Post
    all i got to say.
    Wow, that sprite looks pretty cool!



    Anyway, even though I don't have Red or Blue or anything, I love reading about people's interactions with MissingNO. If I ever got any of those games the first thing I would do would be start experimenting with glitches like that. <3


    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Depends how less than half my age you are, but even then you should be able to read. Like the title of this thread, or the first post of this thread. Work it out.

    You may want to stop triple posting too, I'll infract you for it if you do it again. Sob stories don't affect me.
    I'm sorry, but aside from double/triple posting, I don't see what anyone's been doing wrong. This topic is about discussing glitches, and they were discussing glitches. =/
    White FC - 2494 3965 3624
    HeartGold FC - 0260 3014 9246
    PM me if you want to battle or trade!

  4. #2004
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott41001 View Post
    Ahh... the sweet smell of computer errors. Shoot. I messed up my game. This thread is about the TRUTH on MissingNO. Lets start with how to find it. Along with it's cousin 'M, It can be found via Viridian Old Man glitch, and the Mew glitch. I only know the Viridian, because I'm not an elite player. Talk to the Old Viridian man and watch a Pokemon demonstration, then fly to Cinnibar island and walk/ surf along the coast. You may find a high leveler, or a MissingNO. This is not in Pokemon Yellow. Some people call it a "simple programming quirk" but I KNOW it is more. Now think about Cubone. Cute little Cubone that looks like a Kangaskhan baby with a skull on it's head. It IS a Kangaskan baby with a skull on it's head! It says in the Cubone description that it wears it's mothers skull. It evolves into Marowak, but Marowak was GOING to become Kangaskhan, but cut from the game at the last second. Instead of spending countless days trying to erase the file, it was moved to a file called MissingNO. The most ghastly, evil, creepy glitch EVER! Don't you think the gap has to be SOMEWHERE? It must be MissingNO. I've heard many theories that only 'M is the Link or that MissingNO. is not pre-Kangaskhan Kangaskhan. But it is! If your not a coward, catch MissingNO. and feed it a Rare Candy, it produces a Kangaskhan! Plus that Cubone is freakishly similar to the Kangaskhan baby. MissingNO. AND 'M have to be the gap. DISCUSS...
    Okay, let me clearify this. You say Cubone but really you haven't really proofen that Cubone has anything to do with this theory. Your merely making this connection because you've heard of the Kangaskhan/Cubone theory that became extremely popular as of two years ago and mixed it with the Missingo./Baby Kangaskhan theory. Mixing the two thoeries doesn't work. The who point of the Missingno./Baby Kangaskhan theory is that Missingno. is the Baby Kangaskhan that was taking out. However, your saying that Missingno. is the Cubone that was taking out. That makes no sense since Cubone is still in the game meaning that it is Cubone through some sort of glitch should evolve into Kangaskhan. If the coding for that evolution still exists.

    As to regards with the Missingno./Baby Kangaskhan theory it is bunk. The reason it came up (that being the fact Missingno. evolves into Kangaskhan) is merely due to the game programming.

    To put it in the simpliest terms, when the game gets confused it usually ether loads up previous code that was used or it goes to the top of the data list. In the case of the first generation Pokemon games, the Pokemon in the 1 and 2 index slot is Rhydon and Kangaskhan. So, when certain Missingno.s gain a level the game gets confused because it doesn't have evolution data for Missingno.. Thus, it goes to the top of the list and evolves into Kangaskhan.

    Wait, you must be wondering "why they don't evolve into Rhydons?" Well, some of them do evolve into Rhydons. It all depends which Missingno. you got. For you see, the game has a total of 38 missingno., 35 of which all look the same (the other three are the ghost from Lavander Town and the two fossils from Pewter Museum).

    Some of them evolve into Rhydons, others evolve into Kangaskhan depending on which Missingno. they are. I remeber reading which Missingno.s evolve into which but the site I got that information from is under construction.

    Before I end this I just wanted to say something about the Cubone/Kangaskhan theory. When you hear some sort of rumor or theory of this sort floating around, you your head. By this I mean, don't just randomly shout that two Pokemon are related because they look like each other. Most Pokemon have some similarities, they are all creatures from the same franchise after all. Not to meantion that many Pokemon evolve into Pokemon that look nothing like them while others evolve into Pokemon that do look like them. There isn't really any rule that states they have to look like each other. Do some research. Look up information about the two and see what connections they have with each other. Personally, I believe they were meant to be related but that's because the similarites between them are more then skin deep.

    Sorry for writing so much but this kind of stuff gets me fired up.
    "Getting pride from simply being part of a group is stupid. Especially when anybody can join said group."

  5. #2005

    Default

    It's weird how little info there is on the Dokokashira glitch, where you switch an Item with a Pokemon in RG. It's fun to do that. :P

  6. #2006
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I've been messing around with glitches on an old Red recently. I got Ghost Missingno, which is useful combined with Mew because it can also learn any TM (if Mew is in the last slot, it'll take its type and TM/HM learnability).

    I've also done the Ditto glitch, to get the CooltrainerF move. The game comes up with some funny stuff sometimes, like "DITTO used BALLSNORLAX!" - probably because Snorlax is in my box, no idea where BALL came from though. XD

    Sadly, I can't mess up my Hall of Fame because wild pokemon won't appear anymore. o_o It's my own fault though. :P

  7. #2007
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Does anyone know if the Old Man glitch works in Pokemon Green? All I get is Wild Tentacools.

  8. #2008
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Does anyone know if the Old Man glitch works in Pokemon Green? All I get is Wild Tentacools.

  9. #2009
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In the Milky Way
    Posts
    52

    Default

    On my sisters Blue, I CAUGHT Missingno! I trained it and everything! I'm nearing the elites and my sister wants to start it over. I'm GONNA CATCH THEM ALL!!! If I get my own Red, of course.

    Credit to FairyWitch for the banner.

    Unofficial "guy who welcomes people to the forums."
    2DS Friend Code: 4012-5090-3224
    VM me if you add me.

  10. #2010
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,611

    Default

    Never actually seen the missingo except on bulbapedia.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  11. #2011
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land Of Mounds and Xenon
    Posts
    167

    Default

    hmm, im gonna get R/B soon, i want two copies. one for normal gameplay, one for gLiTcHiNg®ĺĄ∂∂¨®¨ƒç∆! i will report my findings here ASAP.

  12. #2012
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land Of Mounds and Xenon
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BynineB View Post
    Playing around w/Yellow some more..
    I exited out of my box.
    Then.. magical odd noises, a few glitch boxes...
    Then 'Error 6' appears in a text box. And it DIDN'T FREEZE. Odd.
    Right after that, I saved, for some reason, and, at the end of saving, the game glitched up and crashed.
    Loaded it up.. Normal, except.. Nurse Joy was gone?!
    Yup. Couldn't heal my Pokemon. Exited and re-entered the building, she was back!
    How weird is that?
    She was on her break! hardyharhar

  13. #2013
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I actually think it's pretty cool to see glitch pokemon! I like MissingNo the best.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    \(oдo)/ GOTTA CATCH EM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

  14. #2014
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,826

    Default

    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...11192157_n.jpg

    Idk what this is but pls help me fix this
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  15. #2015
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    171

    Default

    haven't posted on here for years, but i stumbled across this thread on a google search and i truely find it weird that there are people who haven't played R/B/Y here, it makes me feel so old


        Spoiler:- Claims, Clubs And Other Stuff:


    Proper punctuation can make a difference of:
    Helping your Uncle Jack, off a horse.
    or
    helping your uncle jack off a horse
    Please PM me if you laughed/smiled at that ^^. PMs [5]

    People Who Laughed: shadowswampert93, ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~, the supermonstar, Jonah, Tbone2356


    Cool Pokemon Webcomics:
    +Ash's Uncharted Adventures
    +Ace Of Abra
    +Pokemon X

    Check them out now!

  16. #2016
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In a Forsaken world.
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Yeah, Missinggno evolves into (not so random) Pokemon all the time.

  17. #2017
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    805

    Default

    I know and have used the Mew glitch and the Missingno Glitch in the past, but I never encountered 'M', even after multiple tries.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

    Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

    Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

    Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

  18. #2018
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In a Forsaken world.
    Posts
    878

  19. #2019
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    What is Missingno?
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  20. #2020
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salamence lover Logan View Post
    What is Missingno?
    Salamence lover, I take it you've never played R/G/B/Y? That makes me feel so old!

    To answer your question, the original Pokemon games, Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow, were absolutely riddled with glitches because the developers didn't know if Pokemon would be successful or not, so they weren't meticulously careful about programming the games. Plus, back in 1996, handheld game technology wasn't as sophisticated as it is now.

    In R/G/B/Y, there was a man outside of Viridian City who would teach you how to catch a Pokemon. If you talked to him, let him catch his Weedle, then used Fly to Cinnabar Island, and Surfed along the EAST coast of the island, right on top of where the land and the sea met, you would encounter a glitch Pokemon called "Missingno" that looked like this: . It was catchable, and it was like Mew in that it could learn any TM, but catching it would really mess up everything about your game. It would also sometimes evolve into Rhydon because Rhydon was the first Pokemon that was programmed into R/B/Y, so its hex code was right after Missingno's. I think that Missingno was just a placeholder in the coding somewhere, but once we start talking about how the game was coded, we're out of my experience zone. There are a ton of places on the Internet where you can read about how to abuse Missingno, and why it exists in the first place.

    Talking to the guy in Viridian and then taking several other steps could also cause you to encounter a Mew. The story behind that is interesting - it turns out Mew was developed two weeks before game release, and Morimoto programmed Mew into the games without telling anyone, which is huge taboo in the gaming world because adding extra coding can screw up the mechanisms of the game. Nintendo didn't know that it was there, the game was released, the developers found out, and the tradition of releasing event legendaries was born.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  21. #2021
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I remember these glitches. I got a few from a friend.
    Tell me, was it true about the mew glitch rumor that revolved around the day-care?

  22. #2022
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,993

    Default

    I don't know if it's old news or not, but I remember one time I fought Lance. I found out you could use Surf and the fishing rod around his dungeon, despite there being no water. Does that count as Glitch discussion?


    I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

  23. #2023
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In Goldenrod, with Murkrow
    Posts
    13

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Someone View Post
    Any one here ever seen Missingno.s' Pokedex entry besides me? In the game. Really. I'm not joking. You can only see it if you use Gameshark to find it. Or any other one of them glitches including 'M. 'M's number is like 212.
    So, that means that 'M, Missingno., wathever, is a glitchy Scizors?
    XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

  24. #2024
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1

    Lightbulb Yellow Version Weird Glitch Help

    Ok. This is a glitch I remember from playing Yellow on my GBC maybe 9-ish years ago. I had a level 100 Pidgeot whose battle sprite all of a sudden turned green one day. It's bio page color was normal. It was only green in battle. It also knew a move called TM51, but whenever I used it, it just said "...but it failed." I didn't use any glitches or hacks on it, so i don't know how it happened. I'm really confused about this because I can't find any information anywhere online about it. Does anyone else know about it, or had it happen to them?

  25. #2025
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Does anybody(Besides me) no where Missingno comes from. I am not sure if someone meantioned this already, but the evoltionary chain for the cubone family was supposed to go cubone-marowak-kangashkan, but they didnt want that befor r/b came out, so they made missing number and put if off the shore of cinnibar isle.to hope no one found it

Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •