Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

Missingno does not look like Ho-Oh, you must have some serious ocptic issues if you think they look alike.

wouter Guest

i had read about de bicycle road that if you press b you can pas by the guard
    i don't now where i have read it
    if you came through the exit without a bicycle in your bag the item that on the place was of your bike is now multiplied
    very strange

Protoman.EXE Guest

This thread isnt even about the bicycle road.razorleaf,i know,i shouldnt be talking...

Quote Originally Posted by Night crystal
    i found this while hunting down all the info on missingno!

"Awhile ago, I went to a pokemon convention. It was really cool, they gave out free stuff, and even gave people free level 10 Mews! Nobody really dressed up, most people that came where there for the tournament. The bad thing was all I could find is my red version, which I only used for cheat experiments and Missingno mysterys. I had to use it, I didn't have a choice.

Anyway, I was paired up with another pokemon lover and battled with Pokemon around the same levels. We both had three Pokemon, I had Warturtle, a Butterfree, & a Pidgeot. She had a Ivysaur, a Clefairy, & a Kangaskhan. She said she got the Kangaskhan by trading. We were handed a pair of old worn out pair cable links and we were off battleing. We both where on our last Pokemon, Clefairy and Warturtle, it was very intense.

She leaned back in her chair and the cable link in her gameboy was pulled out. She leaned back to far. All she could say was "Uh ho..." and quickly put it back in. It said "Please wait" for the longest time until we both decided that our games had froze. She pulled out the cable link again and turned off her game so we could start over. However, once she pulled the cable link out again, the "Please wait" sign vanished and it said "Trainer sounds out Kangaskhan." My jaw dropped! Her Kangaskhan, which I defeated has come back without its trainer to tell it what attacks to use. However, I was amazed and decided to battle it as the girl leaned acrossed the table and watched in shock.

Luckily, I beat the Kangaskhan, but then it said "Trainer sent out Missingno!" Both of us gasped. It was really weird, this Missingno had a differemt cry. It sounded like a cry of a Alakazam. It had different attacks, Thunder, Bilizard, & Flame thrower where its most used, I think he used sky attack once. No matter what I did, I couldnt hit him. I always missed. Suddenly "Trainer withdrawed Missingno... and sent out [Pixel]cooLtRAINer[PixelPixel]" The cry this "Pokemon" was pretty long and very scary, but I didnt want to turn it off. So I battled it, but when I hit the "Pokemon" it barly did any damage at all, and it didnt even had a Level, it was blank. This battle went on forever, cause it didn't attack me. It would keep saying "[Pixel] coooLtRAINer [PixelPixel] is loafing around, is taking a nap, isnt fallowing orders." Stuff like that. Then it ended, by the strangest way, "[Pixel]cooLtRAINer[PixelPixel] ran from battle."

Weird... The person who was battleing me was abit scared to try again, but I convinced her to turn her gameboy on and try it. She did, but couldnt get her game to work right cause it was totally messed up. Like she was trapped in Glich city or something. I felt kind of bad, but she said not to worry about it. I ended up getting a badge for *Ahem* "Winning." Ever since then, I've been messing with cable links, plugging them out and in during battle. Strange stuff would happen, but not as strange as that one battle I had against the Missingno / The game / & The gliches there self... It's true. God honest turth, no way could I make this up."

why cant cool stuff like that happen to me!!
    maybe you should tell that to nintendo freak. he would like it, as he runs the Glitch Hunter Club. and thank you, this gives me an idea, a ghost stories thread!

My bannah.
    http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1...rselectlt4.png
    The coolest Fake Super Smash Bros. Brawl selection screen. YES, it has Sonic, but still.

Is missingno on yellow

PokemonGirlMaster Guest

Missingo is not in yellow. well maybe. just try to cheack the east side of the island.

Someone Guest

This thread isnt even about the bicycle road.razorleaf,i know,i shouldnt be talking...

Uhm... read the title once more , wouldja? Missingno AND glitches. Sneaking into cycling road glitch IS a glitch. >.> So it can be discussed under this topic.

Is missingno on yellow
    Yeah , but you can't obtain it like you can in Red and Blue. Game Freak remembered to program Pokemon on the edges of Cinnabar and Seafoam Island.

Missingo is not in yellow. well maybe. just try to cheack the east side of the island.
    Uhm...? Just because Game Freak made sure it fixed it's recent mistakes , doesn't mean Missingno. isn't there. You don't even know how the whole thing works do you? Each Pokemon has a hex code , or digits , what ever. Do you know why when you catch Missingno or any other glitch it makes Rhydon's sound or turns to Rhydon? Rhydons' hex codes/digits are 01. Rhydon was the first Pokemon ever programed into the game. Want to know why M' evolves into Kangaskhan? Cause she was the second Pokemon ever programed into the game. Anyways , as I was saying... when you catch a Pokemon , it's information is stored in it's hex code/digit , so when you catch a glitch and it checks the hex code to get the information , it has nothing there so it just shows junk and turns to hex code/digit 01 , which ofcourse like I said is Rhydon. Missingno. is hex code 00 I think... I don't remember. But anyways... do you know why the highest you can get a Pokemon's level by cheating or whatever is 255? Because that's how many slots there was for each Pokemon. Game Freak only filled 151 of that , so when you see glitches with the number 212 or something , it's one of the empty slots. n.n()

Ok... I think I'm done rambling now... >.> X3

LunarStar Guest

My pokemon yellow is really glitched up. This is what happened. I was on the phone with my friend and we where talking about missingno.(We had just found out what it was) And she said that she was going to try to get it. So I was thinking,maybe I should try too. I could'nt decide so I started to play on my Pokemon yellow. I started a new game and all the pictures (Pokemon,trainers,ect) were prof.oak! I got freaked out so I turned it off and then back on. Everything was fine untill I had to pick a name for my rival. I named him gary and all the pictures where gary now. I decided just to keep playing. So I trained my Pikachu,Sparky and went to fight gary. When I fought him my game messed up even more! Everything was Pikachu's back(Like when you're using him) I was getting angry so I started a new game and trained my pikachu again. I gave oak his parcel and turned off the game. A while later I wanted to trade my pikachu to my pokemon crystal but I only had my pikachu. So I went to catch a pidgey and I had 14 pokeballs. I looked at my pokemon and I had a level four pidgey with only one hp left. I was really freaked out now but things got worse. I checked out my pikachu and his name was Shadow and he was back at level six(He was about,level 12 or something before). I got REALLY freaked out and turned off my game. Another hour later I turned it back on and started a new game,again. I got back to the same place I was before my pokemon's name was Shadow. I decided to fight gary(When he is by the pokemon league entrance and he starts to tell you that you can't get in without all the badges) So I started to fight him and everything got WAY worse. Instead of being pikachus all the pictures where this wierd...thing. It was just a block of pixels and broken pokemon parts(Like tails and stuff) I was SO freaked out that I saved and shut off my game. I calmed down and turned my game on again. I checked on my pokemon and Shadow and his friend,one hp pidgey had returned. Shadow was level 6 and pidgey was level 4 as usual. I was in the pokemon center,where you link up with a friend. I went to see if I fought gary and of course,I hadn't. So,I fought him. The pictures messed up again so they looked like...just a big mess. I got angry and turned off my game then turned it back on. I was at the same place. I checked on Shadow and he was angry at me. Also,his picture was all messed up. It looked like a broken charizard with a twitching pikachu ear. O.o (He was angry so his ear was twitching) I went and trained Shadow but he just got even angrier so I gave up. Now,evertime I try to play on my yellow,it always stays in the same place. In the pokemon center with level 6 Pikachu,Shadow and level 4 Pidgey.

Also,my friend got to glitch city and caught M but her game froze so she is now stuck in glitch city...forever!!

Kamikaze Guest

Hey,does anyone know the name to get an over lv 100 Moltres?Just curious

Someone Guest

My pokemon yellow is really glitched up. This is what happened. I was on the phone with my friend and we where talking about missingno.(We had just found out what it was) And she said that she was going to try to get it. So I was thinking,maybe I should try too. I could'nt decide so I started to play on my Pokemon yellow. I started a new game and all the pictures (Pokemon,trainers,ect) were prof.oak! I got freaked out so I turned it off and then back on. Everything was fine untill I had to pick a name for my rival. I named him gary and all the pictures where gary now. I decided just to keep playing. So I trained my Pikachu,Sparky and went to fight gary. When I fought him my game messed up even more! Everything was Pikachu's back(Like when you're using him) I was getting angry so I started a new game and trained my pikachu again. I gave oak his parcel and turned off the game. A while later I wanted to trade my pikachu to my pokemon crystal but I only had my pikachu. So I went to catch a pidgey and I had 14 pokeballs. I looked at my pokemon and I had a level four pidgey with only one hp left. I was really freaked out now but things got worse. I checked out my pikachu and his name was Shadow and he was back at level six(He was about,level 12 or something before). I got REALLY freaked out and turned off my game. Another hour later I turned it back on and started a new game,again. I got back to the same place I was before my pokemon's name was Shadow. I decided to fight gary(When he is by the pokemon league entrance and he starts to tell you that you can't get in without all the badges) So I started to fight him and everything got WAY worse. Instead of being pikachus all the pictures where this wierd...thing. It was just a block of pixels and broken pokemon parts(Like tails and stuff) I was SO freaked out that I saved and shut off my game. I calmed down and turned my game on again. I checked on my pokemon and Shadow and his friend,one hp pidgey had returned. Shadow was level 6 and pidgey was level 4 as usual. I was in the pokemon center,where you link up with a friend. I went to see if I fought gary and of course,I hadn't. So,I fought him. The pictures messed up again so they looked like...just a big mess. I got angry and turned off my game then turned it back on. I was at the same place. I checked on Shadow and he was angry at me. Also,his picture was all messed up. It looked like a broken charizard with a twitching pikachu ear. O.o (He was angry so his ear was twitching) I went and trained Shadow but he just got even angrier so I gave up. Now,evertime I try to play on my yellow,it always stays in the same place. In the pokemon center with level 6 Pikachu,Shadow and level 4 Pidgey.

Also,my friend got to glitch city and caught M but her game froze so she is now stuck in glitch city...forever!!
    That happened to my english yellow. @__@() Everything was pixels and junk and Pikachu was always angry. Now you know why I traded it to some sap for a Silver Version. XD Stuck in Glitch City for ever? Not unless she saved there... >.>()() If she just found it and walked around and the game froze it doesn't mean she got stuck there. How'd she find M anyways? All I ever found was Tentacools. And the bushes were all empty... >.>

Hey,does anyone know the name to get an over lv 100 Moltres?Just curious
    It's something called researching for the name with the hex codes to do that... >.>

I can find the name for you if you want. n.n()

LunarStar Guest

Really? Wierd. My friend just kept surfing and found M then her game froze so when it unfroze,she went to glitch city and saved by accident.

Someone Guest

How do you save by accident? Tell me how that happens. XDDDD

LunarStar Guest

Lol, she saved in glitch city before she knew that she couldn't get out if she did. It was an accident so now she's stuck.

Someone Guest

Does she have a Pokemon that can dig or fly?

LunarStar Guest

Um,I don't know. I'll have to ask her when she gets back from the lake.

bob151jr Guest

ok just in case you didnt read or it gets locked he is my other post

http://tbp.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pok...missingno.html

at that site it tells you how to get 4 different versions of missing no (3 new ones and the old one)

Note all real pictures (im going to try this myself)

This one works i tryed it myself it is to reboard the ss anna with no gs just surf!!!
    http://tbp.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/ssanne.html

and the pokegod of 98
    =======================
    2) Pokemon hybrids
    =======================

Each pokemon has a setting that I call the "extra species byte." For some
    reason, each pokemon has _two_ bytes that identity its species. Normally, both
    of these bytes should be set to the same value. But for some reason, if
    they're different, the game functions just fine and will save both of those
    values if you store the pokemon into Bill's PC or whatever. The "extra species
    byte" defines the knockout-cry of your pokemon, what Ditto transforms into if
    it sees your pokemon, and a few other minor things. On the yellow version only,
    it even defines the color of your pokemon in battle. Also on the yellow
    version, setting it to Pikachu (quantifier digits: 54) will cause your pokemon
    to make all the cute Pikachu sounds.

Codes to set the "extra species byte":
    01??6BD1 (1st pokemon)
    01??97D1 (2nd pokemon)
    01??C3D1 (3rd pokemon)
    01??EFD1 (4th pokemon)
    01??1BD2 (5th pokemon)
    01??47D2 (6th pokemon)
    where ?? denotes the quantifier digits of a pokemon.

Here's another quirk. Surprisingly, your pokemons' types (grass, poison, etc.)
    aren't exactly hardcoded into the game. They're stored in each pokemon's
    data. If a pokemon has only one type, then both of these bytes are set to the
    same value.

Codes to set pokemon types:
    Type1 Type2
    01??70D1 01??71D1 (1st pokemon)
    01??9CD1 01??9DD1 (2nd pokemon)
    01??C8D1 01??C9D1 (3rd pokemon)
    01??F4D1 01??F5D1 (4th pokemon)
    01??20D2 01??21D2 (5th pokemon)
    01??4CD2 01??4DD2 (6th pokemon)
    where ?? denotes the quantifier digits of pokemon types (listed below).

Normal 00
    Fire 14
    Water 15
    Electric 17
    Grass 16
    Ice 19
    Fighting 01
    Poison 03
    Ground 04
    Flying 02
    Psychic 18
    Bug 07
    Rock 05
    Ghost 08
    Dragon 1A

These changes won't appear when you stat your pokemon. For example, Bulbasaur's
    types will still appear as grass and poison. However, You will be able to see
    the effects when you pokemon battles. If you transfer such pokemon into Pokemon
    Stadium, the effects are reversed. Stadium will show the modified types in a
    pokemon's bio, but the modified types will not affect battle.

Example. To put in the 1st position a Charmander that makes a sound like
    Bulbasaur when it faints, has type1 electric, and has type2 water:
    01B064D1
    01996BD1
    011770D1
    011571D1

=======================
    3) Pokegods
    =======================

The accepted definition of a pokegod is a pokemon with a species number greater
    than 150. Mew is one pokegod, and in fact he's the only real pokegod in Pokemon
    red/blue/yellow.

However, there's a few lamers like me who fool with the GameShark and try the
    104 quantifier digits that don't correspond to any real pokemon. These all make
    garbage-glitch pokemon, but 13 of these garbage pokemon in red/blue have
    species numbers greater than 150. So what these lamers then did was, for
    example, they would see that pokemon #240 had a grass icon, so they'd make up
    the story that pokemon #240 in red/blue was "Sapusaur", a pokegod which was the
    evolved form of Venusaur. Some other such pokegods in red/blue include Pikablu,
    Locustod, Rainer, Raticlaw, Sapusaur, Charcolt, and Millenum.

One lame thing about these pokegods is that there's a whole different set of
    them in yellow from in red/blue.

Here's an example of a typical list of instructions to get a pokegod in the red
    or blue versions. This is one of the few pokegods that have some quantifier
    digits that are the same in the red/blue and yellow versions.

How to get #205 Rainer:
    Code: 01C164D1 (on the yellow version this would be 01C163D1)
    Evolves from: Blastoise
    Then go to the name rater and rename in RAINER in all caps.
    Then Rainer is yours!

Most of the instructions to get pokegods are like this, which makes them pretty
    misleading. First off, "evolves from" is a misnomer designed to make the
    pokegods seem more meaningful. "Evolves from" really means "patch it from."
    Furthermore, it doesn't even matter what pokemon you patch from. You could have
    a Pikachu or a Charmander and you'd still end up with pokemon #205. Second,
    these instructions imply naming it RAINER in all capitals is key to making an
    authentic Rainer. In truth it doesn't matter what you name it, or whether you
    name it all.

Here's two real and accurate methods of getting pokegods. The GameShark codes
    given here are for the red/blue version of Pokemon. I've also listed the pluses
    and minuses of each method.

Method #1: Catch them
    (If this method doesn't work, try method #2)
    1. Use the GameShark code 01??D8CF, where ?? denotes the
    quantifier digits of the pokegod you wish to catch.
    2. Run around in grassy areas or caves.
    3. When the pokegod pops up, throw a master ball at it.
    + You don't need to bother going to the name rater afterwards to fix the
    default garbage name, since you get to give it a nickname on the spot.
    + You get to see the pokegod's native skill set, although it's probably
    not very interesting.
    - Some of the quantifier digits of the pokegods are the same as digits
    for starting trainer battles, i.e. you may end up fighting Koga who
    then brings out the pokegod. To get around this, run around in grassy
    areas with the GS switch _off_, and flip it on only during the instant
    you see yourself being "sucked into" a random battle.
    - Make sure you are carrying six pokemon with you when you do this.
    Otherwise the pokegod you catch will probably immediately turn into
    Rhydon.
    - Some pokegods are more likely to crash the game with this method.

Method #2: Patch them from existing pokemon
    (Use this if method #1 doesn't work)
    1. Use the GameShark code 01??64D1 (or one of the other five pokemon
    modifier codes), where ?? denotes the quantifier digits of the
    pokegod you wish to create.
    2. Turn on the GS switch when the existing pokemon you wish to use is
    in the first position (or another position if you used one of the
    other five codes).
    3. Go to the name rater in Lavender Town (optional).
    + This method is a bit faster than the other one, if you already have
    some dummy pokemon to spare.
    + This method rarely fails or crashes your game.
    - You don't get to name the pokegod on the spot.
    - You don't get to see the pokegod's skills set (although you probably
    probably don't care about that).
    - The pokegod's "extra species byte" (explained in the section on Pokemon
    hybrids) is still set to that of the original pokemon.

Stabilizing the pokegods:
    Well, since all the pokegods except for Mew are just glitches, some have a
    tendency to crash the game. To get rid of some of these crashing tendencies,
    read my section about pokemon hybrids. Hybridizing your pokegod with an
    existing real pokemon can make it less likely to crash the game.

By the way, the pokegods, like Missingno, ruin your hall of fame when you
    play with them, even if you don't save the game afterwards. So if you'd like
    to keep your hall of fame listings and you don't have a memory card, then
    don't play with pokegods.

There are 13 pokegods in the red/blue versions, not including Mew, and there
    are 15 in the yellow version. I'll list the ones in red/blue here. For their
    names, I'll use whatever the corresponding pokemon is called in Pokemon
    Gold/Silver (Japanese version for now).

#174 - Pupurin (a.k.a. Pikablu)
    Quantifier digits: E7 or F0

#175 - Togepy (a.k.a. Locustod)
    Quantifier digits: E4, E9 or EE

#205 - Foretosu (a.k.a. Rainer, Riun, or Pearduck)
    Quantifier digits: C1, C4, C7, CA, D2, D5, D8, or DB

#209 - Snubble (a.k.a. Psybur or Togepy)
    Quantifier digits: F2

#211 - Harisen (a.k.a. Psybird)
    Quantifier digits: E1 or EC

#213 - Tsubotsubo (a.k.a. Spooky)
    Quantifier digits: F1 or F9

#224 - Okutan (a.k.a. Raticlaw)
    Quantifier digits: ED or EF

#234 - Oddoshishi (a.k.a. Sandswipes)
    Quantifier digits: C2, C8, D3, D9, or EA

#240 - Bubii (a.k.a. Sapusaur, Anthrax, or Pikabud)
    Quantifier digits: E3 or E6

#245 - Suikun
    Quantifier digits: E5 or E8

#250 - Houou
    Quantifier digits: BF, C5, D0, DB, or DF

#254 - Beepin (for lack of any real name) (a.k.a. Charcolt)
    Quantifier digits: E2 or F4

#255 - Millenum (for lack of any real name)
    Quantifier digits: F5

By the way, Missingno does not count as a pokegod, since its number is
    less than 151. Aside from that fact, however, it isn't any different
    from the pokegods mentioned here.

#000 - Missingno
    Quantifier digits: 1F, 20, 32, 38, 39, 3D, 3E, 3F, 43, 44, 45, 4F, 50, 51,
    56, 57, 5E, 5F, 73, 79, 7A, 7F, 86, 87, 8C, 92, 9F, A0,
    A1, A2, AE, AF, B5, B6, B7, or B8

Once you've got some stable pokegods, you can put them in your team
    of six or store them in Bill's PC, save your game, remove the Game
    Shark, then go show off your pokegods to the kids at the playground.

And of course, pokegods are not playable in Pokemon Stadium.

EDITED
    theres a glitch that in lavander town (first visit) go into the tower and fight the ghost picture. now to see the actual pokemon you are fighting go to change your pokemon but check his stats then hit b. Now insted of the ghost picture you will see gastly or haunter (WORKS!!!)
    Last edited by bob151jr; 6th August 2005 at 3:59 PM.

Someone Guest

Alright. You do that. I'll help her get out of Glitch City. XD

That's kinda funny because just to see the fossil Kabutops and Aerodactyl missingno I used Gameshark last night. XD And the ghost one. They are pretty cool. >.> But all I'm finding in my Blue version is M... in my other blue it's just Missingno. XD

bob151jr Guest

well i just got a green version rom for my psp (one is 100% jap and the other is about 75% english)

dose anyonw have the japan symbles and what they mean in english (that way i can play the origanal other the the translated)
    and im going away so i will test over my vacation

Someone Guest

Don't play the translated green. >.> After you get to about Viridian city the text gets all messed up and then you really can't understand what anyone is saying. Looks like someone didn't finish their job... * looks at illegal ppls who pirate roms*

Ok, I've got a question, and I'm sorry if it has been answered before. I f I use the Mew Glitch to get a Mew in my Yellow, then trade Mew to Gold and restart Yellow, will both my games be ok, or is there a chance that one of them will mess up?
    I'll happily answer this.

No your game won't get messed up. And you will have added Mew into your Gold Version Pokedex. =3
    Last edited by Someone; 7th August 2005 at 2:42 AM.

PokemonGirlMaster Guest

I don't think going to S.S Anne again doesn't work. I tried, but i always go to the side.

bob151jr Guest

the ss anna thing how did you do it,

stand diaganal to him
    0xW
    x0W

then move over and save it
    x0W
    x0W

then restart the game and use surf and youll be ontop of the guy
    xxW
    x0W

then finaly press down
    xxW
    x0W
    x0W

easy and can be done anywhere where you get near water the same way

x is open square
    0 is people
    W is water or baracade

Someone Guest

It's Anne man , not ANNA. >.>

You must be doing the code incorrect and that isn't gonna help her , that's gonna make her confused... =__=()

bob151jr Guest

k alittle confusion never hurt

i got a 12 page basics for learnign japanese in work ill read it the 13th (trip)
    and i got pokemon red, gold, silver, crystal rom

the gba emulators dont work
    im trying to get them all so i can test glitches for you guys (bc i have the backups and can just restart and i can have multipl saves 10 a time)

shadowlink Guest

Missingno does not look like Ho-Oh, you must have some serious ocptic issues if you think they look alike.
    No need to discuss optic issues with me, do it with someone else. NO ONE can think missingno can look like ho-oh directly. Unless they are blind. I stated some things that build regulations when looking for ho-oh in Missingno. Firstly, YELLOW VERSION missingno. It is the red one. Secondly, (might not have been understood) it is covered in pixels. So, that's ho-oh with pixels around it to make it shaped like X - x. You need to use common sense. No need to get rude.

Can you verify that some pixels look like some other pixels? Because i'm really not seeing it.

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast