Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687
Results 2,151 to 2,173 of 2173

Thread: MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

I suppose this is a related question in regards to glitches ... can you simply transfer Pokemon trained to lvl 100 from Red/Blue through Rare Candies gained by Missingno to Sun/Moon?
    Friend Code: 2767 - 2784 - 1820
    Add me if you want!

Current Gold team:

Quote Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
    I suppose this is a related question in regards to glitches ... can you simply transfer Pokemon trained to lvl 100 from Red/Blue through Rare Candies gained by Missingno to Sun/Moon?
    Yes you can!

If you want Shiny Ditto and have a copy of Yellow and Gold/Silver on the VC, well I just obtained one using a 'glitch' of some sorts.

What you need to is:
    Trade Red Gyrados over to Yellow, teach it Mimic from Copycat in Saffron City, once giving her a Pokedoll and then go to Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island, fight a Ditto, use Mimic and copy Transform, then it will transform into Gyrados, then spam Transform, until it uses transform for a second time. Then catch it and trade it to Gold/Silver, and when you trade it over, it will be Shiny! Happy Shiny Hatching from there on out.
    Last edited by KingMinun; 24th September 2017 at 3:47 PM.

Top 3 favourite pokemon
    Sinnoh Anime Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Yes you can!

If you want Shiny Ditto and have a copy of Yellow and Gold/Silver on the VC, well I just obtained one using a 'glitch' of some sorts.

What you need to is:
    Trade Red Gyrados over to Yellow, teach it Mimic from Copycat in Saffron City, once giving her a Pokedoll and then go to Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island, fight a Ditto, use Mimic and copy Transform, then it will transform into Gyrados, then spam Transform, until it uses transform for a second time. Then catch it and trade it to Gold/Silver, and when you trade it over, it will be Shiny! Happy Shiny Hatching from there on out.
    Just so I am getting this right, cause you went off topic after saying Yes, you can!regarding my question and that made me confused!, I can safely send Lvl 100 Pokemon trainer by the Missingno method to Sun/Moon?
    Add me if you want!

Current Gold team:

Just so I am getting this right, cause you went off topic after saying Yes, you can!regarding my question and that made me confused!, I can safely send Lvl 100 Pokemon trainer by the Missingno method to Sun/Moon?

Sorry about that, yes, yes you can send them safely.

Top 3 favourite pokemon
    Sinnoh Anime Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Sorry about that, yes, yes you can send them safely.
    Thank you KingMinun! Now I can get that ball rolling
    Add me if you want!

Current Gold team:

I only use the Wild MissingNo glitch to get tons of Nuggets and to get Safari Zone and other hard to find Pokémon easily.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Lightbulb Schrödinger's PC Box

An interesting thing happened while I was messing with glitches in the VC release of Silver. I was attempting to make a bad clone for the Celebi egg glitch, but somewhere along the way something happened where the box believed I had 15 Pokemon in it despite only having 10. Curious to see what this glitch entailed, I released the Pokemon in the box, leaving an empty box that thought it contained 10 still. Afterwards, I tried to deposit 11 Pokemon in to see if the counter was just messed up but it only allowed 10 to enter. At this point I checked back in the box and found that it was still empty, despite the game thinking it was completely full. As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to access any of these void Pokemon or alter the amount inside the box. I can't find any info on this, so I wanted to see if this is a known side effect of bad cloning or if maybe it's an issue with the vc release in particular.

(Also if this should be in one of the other threads I apologize but it looks likethe gen 2 glitch thread is locked and I'm not sure where else it should go)

Been doing some nugget cloning so I never have to worry about money again. Ran into one weird side effect; the Pokemon in the day care stopped producing any eggs whatsoever, so there was nothing even after I did both the Ho-Oh and Lugia catch quests and trapsed around for other purposes.

Thankfully, taking one of the breeders out then dropping it back in corrected it and they produced an egg soon after.
    Breeder of many Treeckos, master of none. (Currently breeding Totodile)

FC: 1805 - 2954 - 6321

Just tested the Mew glitch in my Midori game and it was a success! It did take a little longer than it otherwise should have because I beat the trainers whose Pokemon have the fixed DV of 21. I nevertheless discovered a great alternative: hunting around for Level 16 Diglett in Diglett's Cave after beating the second trainer, then saving before I returned to the original route in the event the Diglett encountered didn't possess the DV needed. I botched it the first time by saving too close to the original route or something, but it wasn't long before I was able to make a second Mew appear. I whittled down its HP with two Pounds from my Clefairy, then put it to sleep using Sing. I tossed a single Pokeball and the next thing I knew, I was the proud owner of my very own (sadly nontransferable) Mew!

I now have a very interesting idea for this Nuzlocke... how does the term "Glitchlocke" sound?

Edit: I'd like to confirm that one cannot encounter MissingNo. in the VC versions of Japanese R/G. I tried using the Mew glitch to find it, but any would-be encounters simply caused the screen to go black and the battle intro to play before locking, forcing me to reset.

Well, I'm sure under-leveled Pokemon will come in handy over GTS...
    Last edited by Kyuu-Tales; 22nd January 2018 at 8:02 PM.

Villain Multi-shipper ~ A Proud Supporter of
    HardenShipping | PerfectWorldShipping | DarkParadiseShipping | AbsoluteControlShipping | AntiGravityShipping
    Walking the Trainer's path since 1997/8
    UPN | BGf
    =Friend Code= 2208 - 5726 - 0181
    Friend Safari [NORMAL] Dunsparce, Kecleon, Eevee
    IGNs
    X - エクス | Y - ワイ
    OR - コウリン | AS - セイラン
    Sun - コウライ | Moon - ひょうりん
    Ultra Sun - カイキ | Ultra Moon - ふくえん
    I have claimed Silvally, Touken Ranbu (PC), and Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku BASARA series)
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

Is the cloning glitch removed from Pokemon Crystal? Or fixed ...

Wanted to get all three starters, and I can't whatever I try
    Add me if you want!

Current Gold team:

Is the cloning glitch removed from Pokemon Crystal? Or fixed ...

Wanted to get all three starters, and I can't whatever I try
    It seems that all glitches present in the original version get carried to their VC version so cloning glitches should still be present in the VC version.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Thats weird then since I cannot get it to work. Can someone try it and see if they can get it done and let me know?
    Add me if you want!

Current Gold team:

Interesting... it seems possible to encounter the elusive Ketsuban (MissingNo.) in Japanese Pokemon Blue! I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke of it, so I'd rather not test it out, but it's intriguing.

I figured out how to duplicate items without MissingNo. in Pokemon Green. Seems to be an after-effect of the "Yami Shop" glitch (which may not work entirely? I can still get tons of money from it). Man, lemme tell you, the thing is pretty whack. I'm going to use it to duplicate novelty TMs and stuff to put some neat moves on some of the Extended Mew Glitch captures I made. (Also, to get some Game Corner prizes like Porygon.)

Edit: I don't exactly have control over which items the glitch generates. =_=;; I managed to get a buggy Earth Badge to spawn in my bag, and when I attempted to glitch that... it messed up my Bag. When I fixed the problem, all of my items were gone. (Good thing I didn't save, haha.) An unintended side-effect of the glitch allowed me to safely obtain and view MissingNo. variants. They didn't appear to match any MissingNo.s on record, but that's probably because the thing's in Japanese.
    Last edited by Kyuu-Tales; 2nd February 2018 at 11:15 AM.

HardenShipping | PerfectWorldShipping | DarkParadiseShipping | AbsoluteControlShipping | AntiGravityShipping
    UPN | BGf
    IGNs
    X - エクス | Y - ワイ
    OR - コウリン | AS - セイラン
    I have claimed Silvally, Touken Ranbu (PC), and Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku BASARA series)
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

I did the cloning glitch in my Pokemon Gold game and successfully got all 3 Johto starters! I just have some questions.

1. The Pokedex only registers the last one I received (Chikorita) will my Cyndaquil and Totodile eventually show up on the pokedex when they evolve? Or just their evolutions?

2. Does this glitch work with other gens? Can I do it in my Heartgold game? I heard it was harder to perform in gen 1, because it's easier to corrupt the data. Is that true? Following that can I use the glitch in yellow to get a second Pikachu and turn the first one into a Raichu?

3. Can I use this glitch to duplicate items such as the master ball by having the Pokemon hold the item?

I was able to access the "Yami Shop" in Pokemon Ao (Blue) after all. It was... wow. They had Master Balls for free there. And they sold Eggs. O_O;; Too bad it messed up my pause menu something fierce and froze my game when I tried viewing and interacting with the contents of my Bag. *Shrugs.* Oh well, I saved beforehand, so no love loss.

Quote Originally Posted by gentwoer View Post
    I did the cloning glitch in my Pokemon Gold game and successfully got all 3 Johto starters! I just have some questions.

1. The Pokedex only registers the last one I received (Chikorita) will my Cyndaquil and Totodile eventually show up on the pokedex when they evolve? Or just their evolutions?

2. Does this glitch work with other gens? Can I do it in my Heartgold game? I heard it was harder to perform in gen 1, because it's easier to corrupt the data. Is that true? Following that can I use the glitch in yellow to get a second Pikachu and turn the first one into a Raichu?

3. Can I use this glitch to duplicate items such as the master ball by having the Pokemon hold the item?
    1. I don't think so. It might just register their evolutions.

2. Not that I'm aware of, no. You cannot replicate it in HGSS. I actually haven't seen anything about performing such a glitch in RBY... I don't think it's possible.

Pikachu is a unique Pokemon in Yellow which has been programmed to not to be able to evolve. The only way of getting a Raichu is to trade one over from Red or Blue.

3. I don't think so? I'm not sure about this one. Honestly though, you likely have access to the Coin Case glitch, so I don't see why one wouldn't rather use that to duplicate items like Rare Candies and the Master Ball instead.

UPN | BGf
    IGNs
    X - エクス | Y - ワイ
    OR - コウリン | AS - セイラン
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

Curious question. By utilizing the Shiny Ditto/Red Gyarados glitch, is it possible to effectively make any Gen 1 Pokémon shiny?

1. Follow through with Shiny Ditto glitch until Ditto is assured as Shiny.
    2. Send out another Pokémon with Mimic.
    3. Use Mimic to copy Transform onto your own Pokémon.
    4. Time Transform right twice to duplicate IVs/DVs.
    5. Leave battle or catch Ditto.
    6. Send Pokémon up to Gen 2.
    7. ???
    8. Profit?

Think that would work?

Completed National Pokédex

My Personal Pokémon Website: Ace Trainer Alex Webpage
    Pokémon X Version and Alpha Sapphire Version: Alex - 2535-4116-7272
    Friend Safari: Poison -

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Trainer Alex View Post
    Curious question. By utilizing the Shiny Ditto/Red Gyarados glitch, is it possible to effectively make any Gen 1 Pokémon shiny?

1. Follow through with Shiny Ditto glitch until Ditto is assured as Shiny.
    2. Send out another Pokémon with Mimic.
    3. Use Mimic to copy Transform onto your own Pokémon.
    4. Time Transform right twice to duplicate IVs/DVs.
    5. Leave battle or catch Ditto.
    6. Send Pokémon up to Gen 2.
    7. ???
    8. Profit?

Think that would work?
    Nah, there is a glitch in Gens 1 and 2 where any wild Pokémon that uses Transform that is caught will be assumed to be a Ditto. So it'll just be Ditto only and the glitch that you have described guarantees the shininess of the Ditto that you have caught.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

I am practicing the cloning glitch in the VC version of Crystal. The timing is difficult but I've done it a few times. Once got a clone with a glitchy name but released that one. This last attempt I think I did make one but whenever I go to the slot in the pc where it should be the game resets & I get a message saying "This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color.".

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this or get rid of the glitchy slot pokemon, I'd appreciate it. If it matters I was using a lv12 female snubbull to clone and I had 6 other mons in the box at the time I attempted to clone. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBeam View Post
    I am practicing the cloning glitch in the VC version of Crystal. The timing is difficult but I've done it a few times. Once got a clone with a glitchy name but released that one. This last attempt I think I did make one but whenever I go to the slot in the pc where it should be the game resets & I get a message saying "This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color.".

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this or get rid of the glitchy slot pokemon, I'd appreciate it. If it matters I was using a lv12 female snubbull to clone and I had 6 other mons in the box at the time I attempted to clone. Thanks.
    I believe the only way to get rid of it is to hand the bad clone over to the officer at the National Park before entering a Bug-Catching Contest. When you leave/forfeit or wait until time's up, it will not be returned to you. I think it might have to be the only other Pokemon in your party besides your lead in order for it to work, but it might not matter. You might want to look up videos on Youtube or explanations over at GameFAQs before proceeding.

UPN | BGf
    IGNs
    X - エクス | Y - ワイ
    OR - コウリン | AS - セイラン
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu-Tales View Post
    I believe the only way to get rid of it is to hand the bad clone over to the officer at the National Park before entering a Bug-Catching Contest. When you leave/forfeit or wait until time's up, it will not be returned to you. I think it might have to be the only other Pokemon in your party besides your lead in order for it to work, but it might not matter. You might want to look up videos on Youtube or explanations over at GameFAQs before proceeding.
    Thanks for the help. I think I forgot to mention that the thing was stuck in the pc and would freeze up there. Fortunately I found on another site saying to try to access it from a pc in a different location from the one I cloned & that worked. I was able to release it from there. But I'll keep your idea in mind if one ever comes up where that may help!

I recently exploited a neat little glitch to teach my Pikachu Surf in Pokemon Blue (Japanese). It was so simple!

UPN | BGf
    IGNs
    X - エクス | Y - ワイ
    OR - コウリン | AS - セイラン
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

So, I am not the greatest at math. I bred a shiny Nidoran M, and I am trying to juxtapose his exp so that upon transfer he will be Timid. I've seen the chart of nature's to exp and all that, but I'm having issue getting the number right... I'm at 236 exp. How much more do I need before Timid nature?

Completed National Pokédex

My Personal Pokémon Website: Ace Trainer Alex Webpage
    Pokémon X Version and Alpha Sapphire Version: Alex - 2535-4116-7272
    Friend Safari: Poison -

I went and purchased Gold for the VC in hopes of trying out the infamous Starter Glitch. I heard the timing's different in the Japanese version, so I made sure to locate and watch footage of the glitch being performed before I tried anything. An hour later, I had all three starters (and my Totodile's female, just like I wanted)!

UPN | BGf
    IGNs
    X - エクス | Y - ワイ
    OR - コウリン | AS - セイラン
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687