Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586
Results 2,126 to 2,147 of 2147

Thread: MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

Default Prof Oak Battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgeOPyntJ-k

Have any of you guys done this before?

It is similar to the 'special' Mew glitch

I'm currently training my Zapdos up so he has 226 special so I can do this battle

Pretty excited for this, just found out about it the other day. Something in this generation that I haven't done!

^Moved your thread here since you're talking about a glitch.

Anyway, I've never done that Oak fight because I didn't even know it was possible to do via glitch until just a couple years ago iirc.
    ~ * * ~

I was taught the Missingno glitch by a teammate at basketball practice. Had the my gameboy at the gym and he said, "here let me help ya out." Sat next to me and taught it to me. I thought this kid was a genius. Needless to say catching Pokemon was a piece of cake after.

2001' Pokemon Crystal team. Johto is my favorite region of Pokemon

F.C. 5301 1327 4714

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Squirtle View Post
    I was taught the Missingno glitch by a teammate at basketball practice. Had the my gameboy at the gym and he said, "here let me help ya out." Sat next to me and taught it to me. I thought this kid was a genius. Needless to say catching Pokemon was a piece of cake after.
    I was taught in a simmilar way but... my save broke :<. Anyway massive amount of master balls is the best!

anyone already knowing 0 error

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foWU_x0Cw98

^signups for roll to dodge are now open!!^
    Credit goes to american--pi
    claimed super mario, SSB3DS and grasswalk

A long while ago I was messing around with glitches caused by Missingno on Pokemon Blue. I caught either Missingno or M'. I wish I could remember exactly what I did, but at one point while I was battling, I chose an attack, and the game infinitely spammed various sound effects. The sounds ranged from distorted Pokemon cries, victory music, attack sounds, safari zone PA system etc. I recorded about 15 minutes worth of it using Sound Recorder, of all things. I was frightened of it since it sounded very weird.
    Last edited by Xena; 6th August 2015 at 8:05 AM.

I am doing what I once thought impossible- I'm using .4 on my ingame team.

.4 is one of my favorite glitch Pokémon, second only to Missingno., but due to the high Special stat necessary to get one via the Mew Glitch, I've never been able to catch one for in-game use until well after the game was beaten. However, this time I was a man on a mission, and I have succeeded in catching a .4 with only three badges to my name. I even made it forget Super Glitch without the game going all screwy on me, so there's no risk whatsoever! For those of you wondering how I pulled it off, here is how I did it;

1: Earlier in the game, around Cerulean City, I caught an Abra and used the Mew Glitch to encounter some Missingno. (catching one of them in the process, also for my team), clone me up some Rare Candies, Nuggets, and various TMs. Bear with me, all of this is relevant. Using the cloned Rare Candies, I leveled up Abra, evolving it into Kadabra in the process, until its Special stat was at 194. That was one problem handled- getting the necessary Special stat so early in the game. But I still had to tackle the issue of the lack of Ditto so early in the game.

2: Upon arriving in Lavender Town, I proceeded to perform the Mew Glitch with the first Fisherman I encountered on Route 12. Got me a Tangela, nothing fancy, but my true intent there was to glitch the Snorlax away so I could pass through to Route 13 earlier than intended. Route 13's tall grass contains wild Ditto. So that was that problem solved, but then there came one last, fairly major, problem.

3: Usually, whenever I go to catch a .4, I am armed with a plethora of cloned Master Balls. But this time, I was going for the earliest .4 possible. Didn't even set foot in Saffron City yet, much less Silph Co. This posed a problem for two reasons. One, because I had never tried to catch a .4 without a Master Ball yet, and thus I had no concept of how difficult such a task might be. And two, and this is the big one, .4 start with a move commonly referred to as Super Glitch, and not without reason. Even so much as viewing the attack name can have catastrophic consequences on one's game. As you can imagine, I was not willing to risk having .4 use Super Glitch while I chuck Great Ball after Great Ball at it. So, I prevented my Paras from evolving into Parasect until it had learned Spore. I knew this was a bit of a gamble, considering that .4's Speed isn't too shabby, and Parasect's Speed is too shabby, but we're talking a level 28 Parasect vs. a level 7 .4 here. I had at least a little bit of confidence. Also, I sold most of the cloned TMs and used the cash to stock up on Great Balls.

Once all that was set up, I performed the Mew Glitch yet again (used the Gambler near the Underground Path, fyi). Made my way down Route 12, stopping to fight the Rocker with the Voltorb and Electrode along the way. I continued down to Route 13, doing my best to ninja my way past as many Trainers as I could, and fighting the ones I couldn't avoid- Charmander and Nidoking handled them, they needed the exp. anyway. Finally, I reached the tall grass, and encountered a Ditto. Switched to Kadabra, Ditto Transformed, I ran away, and Kadabra Teleported me back to Lavender. At that point, I switched Parasect to the front of my party, and made my way to Lavender Town's west exit.

And there it was. A wild .4, level 7. I had Parasect use Spore, and to my immense relief, it went first, put that .4 straight to sleep. And then I threw a Poké Ball, but .4 broke out of it. It didn't wake up, so I tried a Great Ball... and caught it!

After that came one final step- getting Super Glitch out of the picture. I saved the game, then Rare Candied .4 up to level 9, whereupon it tried to learn TM05. The first time I deleted Super Glitch for TM05, I was taken to an endless series of evolution sequences. First one was a glitchy Cubone evolving into Marowak, all the rest were nameless 'M evolving into Kangaskhan. Soft-reset the game and tried again. This time, no screwy effects. So yeah, a perfectly safe-to-use .4 is all mine now. My team now consists of Charmander, Nidoking, Missingno., Parasect, and .4. Just gotta decide on a sixth member. Once .4's trained up a little, anyway.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 6 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade. Vote Missingno. for new SSB4 fighter!

Fizzy Bubbles info

Does anyone have a mega post for the glitches?
    I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING

Quote Originally Posted by Retr0Capez View Post
    Does anyone have a mega post for the glitches?
    You could go to bulbapedia...

Is anybody going to abstain from the glitches in the VC Gen I games?

Unless I hear something purposeful and positive about what they do to Pokemon bank. I'm not messing with them.
    With the Mew Glitch, I don't know how PokeBank tests the legitimacy, so I'm not doing that one either.

The salt is real here!

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    You could go to bulbapedia...

Is anybody going to abstain from the glitches in the VC Gen I games?

Unless I hear something purposeful and positive about what they do to Pokemon bank. I'm not messing with them.
    With the Mew Glitch, I don't know how PokeBank tests the legitimacy, so I'm not doing that one either.
    Yeah, other than the Mew glitch, I'll try to avoid all of the glitches when I get the chance to download these games. I already have an actual copy of Blue, so I'll just play with all of the glitches using that copy of the game.

Game: Pokemon Red (3DS)
    I just battled Brock's Onix with a lvl 14 Nidoran(m). My strategy was to poison it with Poison Sting. What I didn't think about was the fact that Poison Sting was going to miss 29 out of 30 times! How is that possible? I know about the 1/256 miss glitch, but I didn't know there was one that made you miss every damn move... Could someone explain this for me?

I'm having trouble getting the cloning glitch (moving boxes) to work on Yellow for the 3DS. Any advice?

I discovered one. My pikachu evolved at lv 30 when it gained a level without a thunderstone. I looked it up and it apparently happens when you have s growlith in your party. I learn something new about 1st gen every day XD

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

does the missingno glitch still work on the re-releases on red and blue on the 3ds store?

Quote Originally Posted by yurikoma View Post
    does the missingno glitch still work on the re-releases on red and blue on the 3ds store?
    Yes, it does.

Does anyone know if you can still clone pokemon in Pokemon Red Virtual Console?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLord View Post
    Does anyone know if you can still clone pokemon in Pokemon Red Virtual Console?
    I haven't tried it yet but I can try later I just did the mew glitch which worked I got a lvl. 7 one before battling misty which missingo still exist in the game so I am sure the cloning should work but who knows >.>

Looking for active Leaders! if interested then visit the TEF League!
    IGN: Allie3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008 PS Name: FairyWitch824
    My Guild~Tef Chat Site~Guild's Spread~Trade Shop~Yugioh Club~Art Shop~Youtube Shiny Videos

I had this happen to me twice now.....once with an Onix and once with a Bellsprout. Anyway what happened was my Gengar had Wrap and Bind used on him by these Pokemon. It was it doesn't affect Gengar, however right after that the wrap/bind animation started and I hit Attack and it would not let me do so, because apparently I was in a Bind even though I wasn't taking damage. This happen to anyone else?

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

new 3DS FC- 0319-1016-0613

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

Quote Originally Posted by tct93 View Post
    Game: Pokemon Red (3DS)
    I just battled Brock's Onix with a lvl 14 Nidoran(m). My strategy was to poison it with Poison Sting. What I didn't think about was the fact that Poison Sting was going to miss 29 out of 30 times! How is that possible? I know about the 1/256 miss glitch, but I didn't know there was one that made you miss every damn move... Could someone explain this for me?
    That happened to me once on Blue. My Weedle's Poison Sting missed 14 times in a row against Brock's Onix.
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_phoenix View Post
    I had this happen to me twice now.....once with an Onix and once with a Bellsprout. Anyway what happened was my Gengar had Wrap and Bind used on him by these Pokemon. It was it doesn't affect Gengar, however right after that the wrap/bind animation started and I hit Attack and it would not let me do so, because apparently I was in a Bind even though I wasn't taking damage. This happen to anyone else?
    This happened to me one time on Blue with a Ghost type glitch Pokemon.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I tried rhe walk through walls glitch but when i got out the safari building i ended up in Giovanni's closed gym. Wtf? Anyone has an explaination o.0
    If you can spare a minute, train my PokeHeroes Pokemon v.v

Oh, btw I'm in Team Instinct!
    Username is JoYuki in PoGo.

> > Also I have an Etsy shop. I sell Pokemon hats < <

What is the earliest point in the game that you can get M'? Want a Flying Kangaskhan.

Okay, so I'm pretty much going to give you a heads up on how to complete the Pokedex via the glitches in Pokémon Yellow. The natural maximum number is 129. Just to get you the idea, here are the Pokémon unavailable:

Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Ekans, Arbok, Raichu, Meowth, Persian, Koffing, Weezing, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Mew

Pokémon you need to make a choice between:

Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
    Eevee-->Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon
    Omanyte--->Omastar/Kabuto-->Kabutops

Finally, Trade Evolutions (skipping Machamp because you can naturally get one through an in-game trade):

Kadabra-->Alakazam
    Graveler-->Golem
    Haunter-->Gengar

151-14-5-3=129. If you understand how to use the Mew glitch, then make that 130 max. Well, I'll give you a rundown on the easiest methods of getting all of them:

1. Gengar: Trainer-Fly off either the second or third Lass of Route 3 (the third Lass uses Jigglypuff)--the earliest Trainer-Fly in Yellow is the third Bug Catcher in Viridian Forest.
    2. Mew: Trainer-Fly off of the Super Nerd defending the fossils.
    3. Make sure to pick up the Dome Fossil--very important.
    4. When you pick up the Eevee in Celadon City, be sure to give it either the Water Stone or the Thunder Stone (not Fire Stone--you'll see why).
    5. Trainer-Fly after you defeat Jessie and James at the top of Pokémon Tower to catch Koffing; evolve it all the way into Weezing.
    6. Pick up either the Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan in the Fighting Dojo (doesn't matter).
    7. Catch an Omastar off of Gary in Silph Co.
    8. Catch an Omanyte off the Channeler in the far-left room in Saffron gym.
    9. On Route 16, catch Hitmonchan off the very first Biker upon entering through the gate.
    10.On Route 17, catch Electabuzz off the Biker with the lone Muk on the lefthand side (before the path branches off yet again).
    11.On Route 17, on the righthand side, catch a Hitmonlee off the Biker/Cue Ball with just one Pokémon.
    12.On Route 18, catch an Arbok off the Bird Keeper on the far left above the patch of grass.
    13.On Route 18, catch a Magmar off the Bird Keeper with the Dodrio.
    14.On Route 18, catch a Weedle off the Lv. 80 Snorlax that spawns from the trade request inside the gate (requires two Trainer-Flies to be active simultaneously).
    15.Evolve Weedle all the way into Beedrill.
    16.Catch Flareon off of Koga.
    17.On Route 15, catch a Golem off the girl up on the plateau--need to use Cut.
    18.On Route 12, catch a Jynx off a Lv. 35 Seadra (may require multiple tries in order to pull off).
    19.On Route 11, catch an Alakazam off the Lv. 80 Clefable that spawns from the trade request inside the gate (again, requires two Trainer-Flies to be active simultaneously.
    20.In Power Plant, catch a Raichu off one of the Electrode (may require multiple tries in order to pull off).
    21.Hand the Dome Fossil at Pokémon Lab on Cinnabar Island for a Kabuto, then evolve it.
    22.In Cinnabar Gym, catch a Meowth off the fifth trainer inside, and evolve it.
    23.In Victory Road 2F, catch an Ekans off the Juggler with the lone Mr. Mime.
    24.In Victory Road 3F, catch an Eevee off the female trainer on the plateau, and evolve it into the remaining Eevee evolution (either Vaporeon or Jolteon, depending on who you need).

And that's pretty much all you need to do to complete your Pokedex in Pokémon Yellow version--without trading. Everything else not listed on here can be caught and trained in the wild. Though if you need some assistance, I can recommend you to this site--especially useful in Red/Blue, btw: http://puu.sh/257S.

You're welcome.

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586