Page 52 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2127

Thread: MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

  1. #1276
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Blackmagevilage
    Posts
    13

    Default

    i heard a romer about a glitch pokemon that will evolves in to a kangaskan if you give it 5 rare candys. is it true or what? the kid that toold me also sayes ther are eggs in Ho-oh's nest that are glitchy too! but that does not matter.

    Banner courtesy of Klaus.

  2. #1277
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Caption Contest
    Posts
    3,311

    Default

    Hall of fame glitch?

  3. #1278
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Whats that? Can you eat it?
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cybermew View Post
    Hall of fame glitch?
    When you encounter glitch pokemon your haal of fame becomes screwed up...

  4. #1279
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hershey, PA
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shiny charizard master View Post
    When you encounter glitch pokemon your haal of fame becomes screwed up...
    That's true. BTW, I have another glitch:

    You know that Aerodactyl that evolved from my Pikachu in Yellow? Well, after leveling up, it evolved into a Porygon! That knows:

    Mega Drain
    Teleport
    Ember
    Ice Beam

    Weird huh!?

  5. #1280
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Whats that? Can you eat it?
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    YAY! Does it look like a glitch pokemon in stadium? Or do you have stadium? Such as a glitch called 3TrainerPoke looks like a messed up dratini but in stadium it's true form is revealed....

  6. #1281
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hershey, PA
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shiny charizard master View Post
    YAY! Does it look like a glitch pokemon in stadium? Or do you have stadium? Such as a glitch called 3TrainerPoke looks like a messed up dratini but in stadium it's true form is revealed....
    I don't have Stadium but it probably would.

  7. #1282
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Look behind you...
    Posts
    309

    Default

    It just looks like a substitute doll or a blue Ditto. Can't remember.
    Credit goes to PE2K for Pikachu pic.

  8. #1283
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    204

    Post Missingno. Glitch, or something more mysterious

    What is Missingno.'s purpose? He must have one, otherwise nintendo wouldn't have named him "Missing number". They knew he existed before we did. So why didn't they take him out? And what was his purpose?

    My theory is: He was intentionally used to duplicate rare items such as Rare Candy, Nugget and Masterball, to allow for the Beta testers to progress to certain points in the game faster. Shortly before release, they hid him away in the games coding, without reallizing the critical floor that allows us to encounter him.

    It does seem a bit odd, that an unidentified creature just happens to be called "Missingno." and duplicates items by a huge ammount.
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

  9. #1284
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    107

    Default

    I ordered a copy of Pocket Monsters: Blue online. I'm not certain whether this is real or not but if it is... I'll be happy to do some research on the glitches in this version. I heard a few interesting things about this game and I wanted to test it out. I think Ditto can be obtained in the Rock Tunnel and Lickitung can be obtained in the wild...

    I'm certain most of the glitches still exist in this one though. Japanese Blue should be interesting to play... really interesting...

  10. #1285
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    434

    Default

    I remember playing Blue years ago and encoutered Missingno. All the kids in the neighbourhood told me that the game screws up your game if you catch a pokemon with it. One of my friends caught a Mew with that glitch and I told him that Mew would screw up his game so I told him to start over before his game gets messed up. He did infact and asked me to get him Mew so I got one for him with my Gameshark. He hasn't done it again with that giltch because of the risks of him losing his pokemon and data.
    I on the other hand have encountered it and never caught a pokemon with it. Only to use it on Rare Candies. Usually I use my Gameshark because I don't want to risk the glitch again. My game was never messed up but taking words from the kids made me think twice about catching it or using it for items.
    Pokemon Diamond and Pearl FC: PM me!
    Trading Times: Everyday at 9pm-4am Central Time

    My Devaintart site! http://hellblaze.deviantart.com/

  11. #1286
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by P_S_B View Post
    What is Missingno.'s purpose? He must have one, otherwise nintendo wouldn't have named him "Missing number". They knew he existed before we did. So why didn't they take him out? And what was his purpose?

    My theory is: He was intentionally used to duplicate rare items such as Rare Candy, Nugget and Masterball, to allow for the Beta testers to progress to certain points in the game faster. Shortly before release, they hid him away in the games coding, without reallizing the critical floor that allows us to encounter him.

    It does seem a bit odd, that an unidentified creature just happens to be called "Missingno." and duplicates items by a huge ammount.
    That's an interesting theory, but I think a simpler answer would be that there are 256 slots for Pokemon data(Red and Blue were 8-bit games), and only 151are used. Hence, the rest of them are glitches. Read what's in this link for a better description:
    WARNING: BIG WALLS OF TEXT!

    ^Awesome Trainer Card by LightVenusaur.

  12. #1287
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    204

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaij View Post
    That's an interesting theory, but I think a simpler answer would be that there are 256 slots for Pokemon data(Red and Blue were 8-bit games), and only 151are used. Hence, the rest of them are glitches. Read what's in this link for a better description:
    WARNING: BIG WALLS OF TEXT!
    That is also true, but what I meant was, they used several of these remaining slots for the use of the beta testers. Thus creating Missingno. and the ones that weren't Missingno, were trainer sprites, LM4 and other such glitches.
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

  13. #1288
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Whats that? Can you eat it?
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shiny charizard master View Post
    MISSINGNO is a place holder. If anyone has looked at the hex list he is where deleated pokemon are. He a evolves into rhydon and kangaskang becuase they are first on the hex list. The game tries to "correct" itself by evolving him into the next "correct" pokemon. 'M' on the other hand is a "creator" pokemon they used him to base all the pokemon built into the game. The other glitches are a mystery though like H poke, PkMn, A, a, .4 They were probably remnants of deleated pokemon that didn't become MISSINGNO. In fact if you attempt to trade them to a G/S/C they become G/S/C pokemon.
    This is what I posted a while back about my thoughts on MISSINGNO....

  14. #1289
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I found a Missingno. in ghost, kabutops fossil & aerodactyl fossil!
    It freezes the game and turns black if you encounter them...
    To encounter them... do the mew trick with a pokemon with a special of 23 to 24 then go to cinnabar island and do the steps required to encounter Missingno.

  15. #1290
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Michigan
    Posts
    797

    Default

    ^ I encountered and caught the Ghost form of Missingno in my Blue version, and my screen didn't freeze at all.

    And I have one quick question.. My brother was playing his Red version, and tried the glitch city glitch, but he didn't exit Fushia city and then when the PA went off, his graphics turned pink and this light bluish color. I know this is probably a common/n00b question, but is there anyway to fix it? xd


    Twins with Shikamaru and Pokeshipping twins with XxM!styxX.
    Banner was made by me. </3

  16. #1291
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hershey, PA
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hinata-Chan View Post
    And I have one quick question.. My brother was playing his Red version, and tried the glitch city glitch, but he didn't exit Fushia city and then when the PA went off, his graphics turned pink and this light bluish color. I know this is probably a common/n00b question, but is there anyway to fix it? xd[/SIZE]
    There is, but I for get what it is.

  17. #1292
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    FLAVOR FLAV'S CRIB
    Posts
    211

    Default

    ok, these are the glitches i have experenced

    when u initaly turn on the game when it says GAMEBOY across the screen, if u hold a or b or a and b and press the movemnt pad left right up or down the screen changes colors, its cool,, black and white,, red-ish, blue, pink, a bunch of colors..

    another one is the missingo glitch

    as long as uv been to cinibarr island and can fly, and surf u can do it

    first go to the man who WAS blocking the way in veridian on the route to get to veridan forest... talk to him and go through the entire showing of him teaching u how to catch a pokemon, then as soon as possiable fly to cinibarr island and surf along the east coast, next to the gym for u directional challenged people, and surf until u see it, it will be level 1, or it was when i saw it.. the 6th item in ur inventory will become from how ever many u have to about 200, it shows a diff colored box ware the number of the item should be and it changes every 10 boxes, and then it soon goes to 99 until u use it all up until 1 item of the item left, then u can do it all over again

    i have seen pokemon there that got cought in the glitched, i have seen a level 2 hundred something snorlax and same thing with goldbat

    i was never able to catch them, but u can catch missingo, it just seriously messes up ur game sometimes...

    Also it doesnt work in yellow version

    GD
    My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard,
    and there like, you wana trade cards and im like,
    i wana trade cards, but OH NO, NOT MY CHARZIARD

  18. #1293
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Michigan
    Posts
    797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    ok, these are the glitches i have experenced

    when u initaly turn on the game when it says GAMEBOY across the screen, if u hold a or b or a and b and press the movemnt pad left right up or down the screen changes colors, its cool,, black and white,, red-ish, blue, pink, a bunch of colors..

    another one is the missingo glitch

    as long as uv been to cinibarr island and can fly, and surf u can do it

    first go to the man who WAS blocking the way in veridian on the route to get to veridan forest... talk to him and go through the entire showing of him teaching u how to catch a pokemon, then as soon as possiable fly to cinibarr island and surf along the east coast, next to the gym for u directional challenged people, and surf until u see it, it will be level 1, or it was when i saw it.. the 6th item in ur inventory will become from how ever many u have to about 200, it shows a diff colored box ware the number of the item should be and it changes every 10 boxes, and then it soon goes to 99 until u use it all up until 1 item of the item left, then u can do it all over again

    i have seen pokemon there that got cought in the glitched, i have seen a level 2 hundred something snorlax and same thing with goldbat

    i was never able to catch them, but u can catch missingo, it just seriously messes up ur game sometimes...

    Also it doesnt work in yellow version

    GD
    The first thing is not a glitch.. As far as I know, Nintendo just threw that in there for fun, and it's not a glitch. o.o;

    The second you've mentioned has been around for a long time. The Pokemon you encounter and what level they're at after talking to the man and surfing at cinnbar island depend on the letters on your name. I caught the Pokemon over lv. 100 by having Missingno duplicate my materball.


    Twins with Shikamaru and Pokeshipping twins with XxM!styxX.
    Banner was made by me. </3

  19. #1294
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post

    another one is the missingo glitch
    i have seen pokemon there that got cought in the glitched, i have seen a level 2 hundred something snorlax and same thing with goldbat

    i was never able to catch them, but u can catch missingo, it just seriously messes up ur game sometimes...
    GD
    it does mess up your game from time to time, but the effects are not permament or severe.
    Missingo. is at lv139 and will be the one most likely to be seen. If you catch it, check its summary and then go into a battle- everything is reversed!
    there is also ~'M~
    catching this is like catching Missingo., but its at level 0. This is the one where if you check its summary or try and withdraw it from the PC, your game will freeze. Not only that, but when you check your player's stats and leave the screen does some short glitchy-thing. One more thing about M: I think I have an idea as to its true form. D-i-t-t-o. After you catch M, you'll still be in a battle with it. Catch it again to get a level 0/level 1 ditto.
    Some other pokemon from missingo: Pidgeotto lv 30, Jigglypuff lv 6, Abra lv 144, Cloyster lv 128, Spearow lv 8, and Pidgy lv 3.
    Last edited by trainerblaze; 21st December 2006 at 5:04 PM.
    Won who knows how many Battle Dome challenges using Steelix, Blissey, and a Wobbuffet. (22 Wins. 9 losses)

  20. #1295
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    Nothing major but I got into a battle with some guy who had his back facing towards me.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

  21. #1296
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    portland OR
    Posts
    217

    Default

    i have a mew on my blue woohoo!! gliches are fun!! the mew was hard to catch but i got it!!!!
    fc: 3067 5640 2854 safari: flechinder, farfetch'd, swanna

  22. #1297
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I get a glitch , i have a missingno he evolving without i know at Rhydon now he have 350 hp at 138 hp .

  23. #1298
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    I found a Missingno. in ghost, kabutops fossil & aerodactyl fossil!
    It freezes the game and turns black if you encounter them...
    To encounter them... do the mew trick with a pokemon with a special of 23 to 24 then go to cinnabar island and do the steps required to encounter Missingno.
    mine too, the glitch depend of your name. my game before was nic , i just see and level 158 golbat and i write HAGZyXw ( you must write this) and i have found fossil kabutops and ghost

  24. #1299
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ........Stalker.........
    Posts
    583

    Default

    I Got Missingo and Mew.
    If Only we could Trade It to Ruby, Or Firered, Or Emerald, Or Sapphire, Or Leafgreen, Or DP. -.-
    But My Missingo Was Lv. 0.

    ~You know the best time to love is when you love it yourself~
    (Thanks to Person for the wonderful ziggy picture. =D)

  25. #1300
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Umm... wait... I know this one
    Posts
    23

    Default

    This is interesting... After I got my Sapphire, I wanted to try out the missingno.. because I bought the game (Red) from my friend for 5 euros.

    I took my GBA to school and all my friends were watching when I caught missingno.. it was level 198 But no glitches... but then my friend caught it in Blue and his game save was deleted.

    By the way, missingno.. is bird and normal type. Bird was a lost type in the old Red/Blue betas, and currently it is flying. If you look closely to missingno., you might notice that he looks like the Old Man from Viridian.

    After that I caught Mew, 'M, h POKé (possible only through the Mew Glitch), L200 Magneton, many many Mewtwos and L206 Snorlax,. I didn't get any glitches, my 'M just evolved into a Kangaskhan :O
    They're all sitting on my PC now... hehehe.

    Try it out if you dare.
    Team Nitro
    Leader:
    Partner:
    Others

Page 52 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •