Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1988
    Wow! I didn't know there were other glitch looking Pokemon besides the backwards L Missingno.
    I didn't know about missingno. or any other glitches until last year >_<
    do you believe in magic?

credit to mah bffl. <3
    pair is ICE CUBED // bffl is §Suicune§

Someone Guest

Originally Posted by Zwe
    Has anyone posted the way to get on the S.S. Anne after it boarded?

Originally Posted by shaq-attack

I did that before i saw a code on the computer but u dont need cheat devices.
    I already posted the way to board onto the SS Anne without using a gameshark... >.>()() =3=

Originally Posted by Someone(me)
    The way to get onto the SS Anne without a ticket( if you have the ????(surf board item at the beginning of the game with a gameshark) and/or after it's taken off is like this: Stand diagonal to the man guarding the port entrance to the SS Anne. Move to the right holding start at the same time. Save the game and turn it off. When you turn the game back on you should be facing right. Now use surf. Instead of going to the side you should surf on the man. XD Just push forward and you're in. XD
    Originally Posted by Marine1988
    Wow! I didn't know there were other glitch looking Pokemon besides the backwards L Missingno.
    They're not Pokemon, exactly. When the game reads the empty slot it brings up junk. XD
    Last edited by Someone; 19th August 2005 at 5:33 AM.

Unhappy

Oh sorry guess i wasn't paying attention.

Dawnstar Guest

I caught Yellow Version Missingno., and my game is fine. Graphics get glitched once in a while (when i first caught it, the graphics were very messed up. Now Seira (nickname of my missingno) is fine. I used a rare candy on it (now level 2, has 6 defense and special, 5 attack and speed). It's first type is normal, second is (tons of glitchy blocks, this changes from time to time, once it was 'roc' (from rocket)). Seira'a overworld changes depending on my location (at the moment, it flashes a girl and then blank), once it flashed snorlax even. But other than glitchy graphics and ONCE there was a health bar glitch, my game seems fine. I restarted it (without saving) for fun and nothing happened. The 'cursed yellow version missingno' is...a lovable lil' shapeshifter!

I will scan a pic of my game eventually if I can (lol). But believe me, although when you encoutner it, it often freezes your game, I caught it with a master ball and although people were walking everywhere, I was off screen, and everything was odd (i walked through a door that was 2 steps below me, awesome), nothing harmed my game. It's funny when I send Seira into battle then switch with Pikachu, it's backsprite almost looks like it's on crack (sorry, had to say, it's true).

Ok, well, that's all I'm reporting. I'm Glitch Girl if you have ever seen my reports on 'Tales From The Glitch'. Ok, ttyl, bye!

~ Dawnstar

Sgt. Pepper Guest

Hey, I'm sure some of you have caught Missingno. before. When I catch him, his little overworld sprite in the Pokemon menu changes from a boy to a weird cloud thing. Does anybody know what the cloud thing is a sprite of?

pokegal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pika2000
    There is also a way to get Shiny Ditto on you G/S/C by using one of the old version.
    I found it on a very serious German site. Will translate it for you later.
    This sounds very interesting.I happen to have the Crystal version.How old does the other game have to be?

Dawnstar Guest

Shiny Tricks

For the Shiny Ditto trick, I have heard that when you catch it, it's hp will be off, so you must heal it (and never hurt it, that's why gyarodos can only learn mimic). I will get it asap, but I need to find out how to get my Nintendo 64 to work again, lol. I can't switch the Pokemon between games any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnstar
    I caught Yellow Version Missingno., and my game is fine. Graphics get glitched once in a while (when i first caught it, the graphics were very messed up. Now Seira (nickname of my missingno) is fine. I used a rare candy on it (now level 2, has 6 defense and special, 5 attack and speed). It's first type is normal, second is (tons of glitchy blocks, this changes from time to time, once it was 'roc' (from rocket)). Seira'a overworld changes depending on my location (at the moment, it flashes a girl and then blank), once it flashed snorlax even. But other than glitchy graphics and ONCE there was a health bar glitch, my game seems fine. I restarted it (without saving) for fun and nothing happened. The 'cursed yellow version missingno' is...a lovable lil' shapeshifter!

I will scan a pic of my game eventually if I can (lol). But believe me, although when you encoutner it, it often freezes your game, I caught it with a master ball and although people were walking everywhere, I was off screen, and everything was odd (i walked through a door that was 2 steps below me, awesome), nothing harmed my game. It's funny when I send Seira into battle then switch with Pikachu, it's backsprite almost looks like it's on crack (sorry, had to say, it's true).

Ok, well, that's all I'm reporting. I'm Glitch Girl if you have ever seen my reports on 'Tales From The Glitch'. Ok, ttyl, bye!

~ Dawnstar
    Please don't scan a pic! Missingno in yellow scares me!
    do you believe in magic?

credit to mah bffl. <3

Dawnstar Guest

Missingno in yellow isn't as 'scary' as everyone says, only when you first encounter it. I unluckily killed the 1st one I was able to get into battle with (with about 50 times before having too glitched), so I only was able to find one.

It's sort of funny, since every time I look at Pikachu, 1 of the graphics is messed up on his face :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid_Latias
    This may be just me, but it looks like if you Unscramble the glitchy Missingno, it looks like the Old Man. Or is that just me?
    its not you, my dad caugt "a little person" and it was the old man sprite

My bannah.
    http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1...rselectlt4.png
    The coolest Fake Super Smash Bros. Brawl selection screen. YES, it has Sonic, but still.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_the_Rukario
    its not you, my dad caugt "a little person" and it was the old man sprite
    Thats strange but i know something thats even stranger ill post it another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnstar
    Missingno in yellow isn't as 'scary' as everyone says, only when you first encounter it. I unluckily killed the 1st one I was able to get into battle with (with about 50 times before having too glitched), so I only was able to find one.

It's sort of funny, since every time I look at Pikachu, 1 of the graphics is messed up on his face :P
    I saw a screen here its not scary.

My bannah.
    The coolest Fake Super Smash Bros. Brawl selection screen. YES, it has Sonic, but still.

Dawnstar Guest

*has read everything on that website a thousand times already* It's only scary when you first encounter it and if you kill/catch it (afterwards). But people used to think it was more unstable than all of the other glitches, lol, as if :P

Someone Guest

Missingno. in yellow?

I've seen him before with my gameshark , but what about glitch'm'glitch, the two diagonal squares with the Arcanine cry? And the mysterious symphonie move it knows?

I got attacked by him once attempting to get Mew with the Gameshark and that thing , people , kicked my damn ace with that move.
    Last edited by Someone; 20th August 2005 at 8:51 PM.

Dawnstar Guest

I just did the mew glitch. The one I did with the channeler I killed, then I used a fisherman to get a second, caught it, and Seira was mine :P

Someone Guest

Wait who'd you find? :|

Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Wait who'd you find? :|
    I think by Seira she ment the Yellow Version Missingno.

My bannah.

johnboy3434 Guest

Hello, all! I've recently re-entered the Pokémon craze, having gotten all 12 games (Red/Blue/Japanese Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and FireRed/LeafGreen) by... certain means.

Anyway, this time through, I wanted to try something new. As a rule, people try to avoid Missingno. unless they want 127 Rare Candies or Master Balls. Because of his glitchy nature, most avoid using him for teams and the like. Well, now that the Missingno. guide by Brian Raddatz has been released, we have a list of all his moves, evolutions, types and his base and max statistics. Problem is, unlike other Pokémon, different versions of him have different types, moves, and evolutions. This is where I need your help. If, by some chance, I'm bored enough to actually train a Missingno. to fight, which would be of the most strategic value?

The reason I'm asking for your input is because I'm so out of practice that I have yet to regain my "battle senses." The different types of Missingno. can be described here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gam...me/907714.html

I'm trying to stick to legally caught Pokémon (if you expand the term "legal" to include glitches), so only the Missingno.'s of a hex value less than C8 are viable, and of those, 193 (C1), 196 (C4), and 199 (C7) are disqualified because the game freezes when they enter the battle, making them useless. "Battle sense" or not, I can tell you right now that 182-184 (B6-B8) are too risky to use effectively as well. While they may be the only Missingno.'s with un-glitched sprites, their stats, movesets, and known TM's/HM's also change every time a new Pokémon is viewed, making them unreliable.

Well, experts, if someone held a gun to your head and told you to pick one to fight with, which one would you choose?

P.S.: I am unsure if this belongs here or not, because the question is more strategic in nature. However, it does center around Missingno., so I just posted it here.

*EDIT*

I just found out that you can't link directly to FAQs on GameFAQs. I've fixed the link. Just look under In-Depth FAQs for the "Missingno Guide" by Okk.
    Last edited by johnboy3434; 22nd August 2005 at 11:46 PM.

Munchlax_Monoceraptor Guest

Unhappy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:G...tyscrnshot.jpg
    Picture Of Glitch City here

- MunchRaptor

Who else here uses Missingno. on their teams in R/B? Mine's a great physical sweeper, with Swords Dance, Sky Attack, Submission, and Mega Punch.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I use 'M and other glitches
    do you believe in magic?

credit to mah bffl. <3

Someone Guest

I don't like to ingage with glitches in battle to begin with , but the effects most of the time are pretty interesting. XD! I use my gameshark to obtain these weird glitches , and then I level them up with Rare Candies. The moves they learn are so stupid. XD! Once I had this glitch , it learned Venomoth at level 12.

Munchlax_Monoceraptor Guest

Why can't Missingno. level up until Lv. 256?

- Munchraptor

We all know that if you save in glitch city your game will have a 99% chance(Or somethin like that)your game will be deleted.Well I saved there and my game was fine. I am so lucky... By the way MunchRaptor I hered that you can only play R/B/Y for 255 hours so thats why.(I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey
    We all know that if you save in glitch city your game will have a 99% chance(Or somethin like that)your game will be deleted.Well I saved there and my game was fine. I am so lucky... By the way MunchRaptor I hered that you can only play R/B/Y for 255 hours so thats why.(I think)
    Your game doesn't get deleted you just lose you pokemon and i guess that is kind of like deleting.
    do you believe in magic?

credit to mah bffl. <3

Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast