Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooked on Onix (414)

Default Hooked on Onix (414)

Hooked on Onix

Enroute to the Battle Arena, Ash & Co. stumble across a mountain where they find some Onix being attacked by Geodudes & Golems, and to make things worse the Onix does not seem to like Ash & Co. Will they be able to sort this and get through the mountain?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

It looks like a very good episode. It's to bad it is not Brock's Onix.
    Last edited by Darato; 4th August 2005 at 1:53 PM.

Waveblaster Guest

I think that it would have been real bland if Brock's Onix was in it, I'm glad it wasn't his and was a wild one.

Quote Originally Posted by Waveblaster
    I think that it would have been real bland if Brock's Onix was in it, I'm glad it wasn't his and was a wild one.
    In my honest opinion, I think the entire speculation behind Brock's Onix making any sort of return in this episode was rather idiotic to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    In my honest opinion, I think the entire speculation behind Brock's Onix making any sort of return in this episode was rather idiotic to begin with.
    I kinda liked Brocks Onix, but thats just me. But Ash getting one, that is plain idiotic.

Waveblaster Guest

Well what do you expect? Pratically every time there's a filler episode someone tries to turn it into a non-filler by saying someone is going to catch a new pokemon...

Why is idiotic that Ash catch an Onix?. After all, nearly all May's is based in Ash's Pokemon: Beautifly (Butterfree), Bulbasaur (Bulbasaur), Munchlax (Snorlax), Squirtle (Squirtle).... For me, that's the real stupid thing. Besides, don't you remember that Ritchie always has the same Pokemons of Ash?: Sparky (Pikachu), Zippo (Charmeleon), Happy (Butterfree), Cruz (Pupitar) and Rose (Taillow).

So, why can Ash have one of his friend's Pokemons?. That remember me something: Don't you never see that Grovyle have a strong resemblance with a Scyther?. It's nearly how if Ash had a Scyther, like Tracey. For me, an Onix in Ash's Team had been perfect.

No, because not everyone wants to see Ash, May or whoever capture all the same Pokemon another main character had. We need variety, they should capture new pokemon or Pokemon that a main character hasn't owned, rather then being forced to see the same pokemon over and over again.

Richie is not a main character, so who cares what Pokemon he captures. When a main character catches the same pokemon as another main character, it's just lazy repetitive writing.

Anyway this probably belongs in the speculation thread rather than here, but I had to get my point across.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa
    Why is idiotic that Ash catch an Onix?. After all, nearly all May's is based in Ash's Pokemon: Beautifly (Butterfree), Bulbasaur (Bulbasaur), Munchlax (Snorlax), Squirtle (Squirtle).... For me, that's the real stupid thing. Besides, don't you remember that Ritchie always has the same Pokemons of Ash?: Sparky (Pikachu), Zippo (Charmeleon), Happy (Butterfree), Cruz (Pupitar) and Rose (Taillow).
    Once again, I disagree. Haruka's clearly not a Satoshi clone. Yes, she does have Pokémon similar to the ones Satoshi has. But does that make them the same? NO. Hiroshi, however, is definately a Satoshi clone seeing as his Pokémon DO have the same damn personality as Satoshi's. Not to mention, they pretty much have the same battling style. Haruka, on the other hand, has styles and moves that Satoshi never really put into effect.

Satoshi's Fushigidane: Solarbeam
    Haruka's Fushigidane: Petal Dance

Satoshi's Kabigon: Hyper Beam
    Haruka's Gonbe: Solarbeam

Satoshi's Butterfree: Tackle
    Haruka's Agehunt: Silver Wind

Satoshi's Zenigame: Hydro Pump
    Haruka's Zenigame: Water Gun (this is all we've seen so far, according to the opening)

Those are their strongest attacks and they significantly show they're quite different.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa
    For me, an Onix in Ash's Team had been perfect.
    Well, you're boring and uncreative then.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Satoshi's Butterfree: Tackle
    Haruka's Agehunt: Silver Wind
    That quite hilarious. Poor Butterfree, only having Tackle. Doomed to never experience the wonder that is Silver Wind.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Waveblaster
    Well what do you expect? Pratically every time there's a filler episode someone tries to turn it into a non-filler by saying someone is going to catch a new pokemon...
    Face facts, it just wouldn't seem right if there wasn't crazy capture/evolution speculation with news of every upcoming episode.

So, can anyone provide an outline for this episode as yet? I'm keen to see how they filled the 22 odd minutes with onix & geodude antics.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Trendy_boy87 Guest

if there wasnt any evos or capture theorys what the hell would be the poiint of a spec thread as without those all that it would be is oh ash meets another pokemon and then leaves it after saving /changing its life aswel as his and goes on his quest

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy_boy87
    if there wasnt any evos or capture theorys what the hell would be the poiint of a spec thread as without those all that it would be is oh ash meets another pokemon and then leaves it after saving /changing its life aswel as his and goes on his quest
    The fact that every episode speculation would be infested with "OMG THIS R GONNA EVOLV!!!11" or "osht! it gun get cawt!!!!11" in every other damn post was annoying as hell. It's only allowed when there's EVIDENCE of it possibly happening. Not throwing a random ass idea out of nowhere.

Waveblaster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    The fact that every episode speculation would be infested with "OMG THIS R GONNA EVOLV!!!11" or "osht! it gun get cawt!!!!11" in every other damn post was annoying as hell. It's only allowed when there's EVIDENCE of it possibly happening. Not throwing a random ass idea out of nowhere.

I know, like when in the Mawile episode when everyone thought Corphish would evolve. It does get annoying and if people didn't do it, we could have a reasonable discussion on the episode.

Can anybody send the episode's summary, please?.

Just be patient. o_o It'll be posted up eventually.

Soooo.......Bonsly anybody?

Since this episode seems to take place in a rock based kingdom, Bonsly in the opening...

If Bonsly was in this episode, it would have been in the preview and/or mentioned. You can bet that when they put another 4th gen poke in an episode, it's name will be plastered all over the preview text.

Team Rocket Admin is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    That quite hilarious. Poor Butterfree, only having Tackle. Doomed to never experience the wonder that is Silver Wind.
    At that time Silverwind didn't exist. BTW did Brock or anyone mention Brock's Onix?
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

it would be nice if the onuix evolved in the episode an ash caught.steelix in ash's team would be great he's never had a steel poke but onix evolving not very possible .

Team Rocket Admin is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by upsy-daisy
    it would be nice if the onuix evolved in the episode an ash caught.steelix in ash's team would be great he's never had a steel poke but onix evolving not very possible .
    Onix can't evolve without trading one wearing a Metal Coat, of course its probably different in the anime.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Rocket Admin
    At that time Silverwind didn't exist. BTW did Brock or anyone mention Brock's Onix?
    No **** Sherlock. But I doubt they plan to bring 'Free back, so that's why I said 'doomed to never experience it'. 'K?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Well, it could happen: the last time we had an item-induced evolution, the two trainers did trade(the Gorebyss/Huntail eppie). But Misty's Poliwhirl just evolved with the King's Rock; same thing with Arthur the Slowpoke back in Johto. So it could happen, but I doubt it since there doesn't seem to be any trainers of the day in this episode.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Well, it could happen: the last time we had an item-induced evolution, the two trainers did trade(the Gorebyss/Huntail eppie). But Misty's Poliwhirl just evolved with the King's Rock; same thing with Arthur the Slowpoke back in Johto. So it could happen, but I doubt it since there doesn't seem to be any trainers of the day in this episode.
    It doesnt have to happen only with CoTD's it happened with James Weepibell that evolved without a leaf stone. Hopes for summary of next episode preview soon since this one doesn't seem that interesting unless there is any reason for Phanpy to learn the move like to save somebody or something.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast