Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Symbol Life (413)

Default The Symbol Life (413)

The Symbol Life

It's the time of Ash's Battle and he decided to challenge Noland's Friend, Articuno to a battle with his Charizard. It is going to be the toughest battle Ash has ever had. Will he prevail and get his first Battle Frontier win and the Knowledge Symbol?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I saw some pics, and heard a synopsis for this episode, and it seems to be a fantastic episode.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I really liked the way they had Ash flying around on Charizard at the start of this episode. Oddly enough, I thought the flashback of him discovering Charizard knew Overheat was a bit cheesy.

Weird animation aside, the battle was nice. I have no complaints about the way things went down.

May was right to say Articuno would be great to have in Pokemon Contests. The combination attack using Ice Beam and Water Pulse was really cool.

It looks like Scott advised Ash to head to the Battle Arena next.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

I've already expressed my feelings towards the battle in the Speculation Thread.
    But seeing the pics, Charizard leaves after Ash obtains the Knowledge Badge...*cough* I mean Symbol. Yeah...Symbol >.>
    Two Words: THANK GOD!

Defintely a good battle, best Seismic Toss i've ever seen, and at least it flamed Ash again before leaving.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 29th July 2005 at 9:11 AM.

I love Seismic Toss. I wish they would have some other Pokemon use it sometime. It just rocks. It is Ash's Charizard's signature move. That was Overheat? Cool! Much better than how Torkoal did it. And was that Dragonbreath Charizard used earlier? This battle could have been worse. I'm glad it is over with. It unfairly put the spotlight on an old Pokemon.
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Master Sceptile
    I love Seismic Toss. I wish they would have some other Pokemon use it sometime. It just rocks. It is Ash's Charizard's signature move. That was Overheat? Cool! Much better than how Torkoal did it. And was that Dragonbreath Charizard used earlier? This battle could have been worse. I'm glad it is over with. It unfairly put the spotlight on an old Pokemon.
    i can think of a couple of times other pokemon have used it.
    1.The fighting tournament in Kanto, Primeape and Machop used it.
    2.Wobbapoolza or whatever it was called in Jouto, on of the three trainers Machoke used it.
    3.Hoenn Brawly's Makuhita/Hariyama used it both times Ash fought him.

These are what i know but there could be more.

Knowledge Symbol huh? Well, he may got the Symbol but he don't have the brains. *Snickers* Anyways, that was a surprise there, Charizard knowing Overheat. Charizard seems to always end his battles with Seismic Toss. >>;;

isn't Dragonbreath an Egg Move for Charizard? But it never knew it had it even though it probably had it since birth.

I was hoping Charizard would use Heat Wave or Blast Burn. Those moves need to make debuts in the anime still, who better to do it than Charizard (especially for Blast Burn)?

Stop moaning about Charizard!
    I'm glad it is over with. It unfairly put the spotlight on an old Pokemon.
    It's not the Hoenn leage no more >_<; And what I get from the Frountear (spellin?) on Emerald, I think it's ment to be about ALL Pokémon, not just new ones.

Any way, Why where there words on it near the end? >_>
    Last edited by poke_girl; 29th July 2005 at 11:21 AM.
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

It's not the Hoenn leage no more >_<; And what I get from the Frountear (spellin?) on Emerald, I think it's ment to be about ALL Pokémon, not just new ones.
    Old pokemon is good. But old overused pokemon like Charizard aren't.

I thought the symbols were supposed to be engraved, not given. So this is basically just like gym battles, gym badges and gym leaders. I have a feeling that the upcoming frontier facilities will be similar to this as well. So no pyramid climbing for the pyramid, no room choosing in the pike, and no commandless battles in the palace.

Well...i'm glad they won...i knew he'd win...just some 25% of worries..lol

bu they he won...and that's what matters

cool...so he is off the the battle arean...can wait
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

That was Overheat? I wasn't expecting that. Over all, it looks like it was a good episode, and Charizard still flamethrowers him when he leaves . Man I never get tired of that.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

I am glad that Charizard left... This episode sounds great...

Great Episode, all thats bad is, that he already got the gold, he shoul've got Silver instead, but ohwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Prince
    isn't Dragonbreath an Egg Move for Charizard? But it never knew it had it even though it probably had it since birth.
    No. Actually there is no possible way Charizard could ever learn Dragonbreath...... So everyone stop saying it's Dragonbreath... XD However, Charizard /does/ learn Dragon Wave by leveling up.
    ~Gary's GPX Shinies~

I've seen the episode. The attack is Dragonbreath, just cuz charizard can't learn them in the games doesn't mean nothing in the anime. The games and the anime are completely different.
    Two parts i really liked in the battle. The part where charizard stoped articuno's steel wing/wing attack man he looked real buff. lol.
    The second part was the seismic toss i really liked the way they showed it.
    Now its off to the battle arena.

Well, it's a pity that Charizard doesn't stay. But this clearly that we haven't seen him for the last time. Ash hasn't lost Charizard (and possibly, neither Squirtle), simply he's in a "waiting room" different to Oak's Labs. Surely, if Ash finds a similar challenge again, we will see Charizard once again to save the situation.

Listen, punks.

THE ATTACK WAS F*CKING DRAGONBREATH SO STFU SAYING THAT IT WASN'T. THIS ISN'T THE F*CKING GAMES FOR F*CKS SAKE.

Got that? I've SEEN the episode. It. Was. Dragonbreath.

lol. I love the way Alfonso talks.lol. He has a nice way of putting words down.
    Exactly what i'm saying alfonso the people are dumb, it was said last week when the preview for this episode came up that the attack was dragonbreath and now that the episode has aired it was said again yesterday that the attack was dragonbreath but these people just dont want to listen. dont get me wrong i like charizard but im glad it left i want ash's 6 slot to remain open for rotation hopefully that will happen.

Magi of all Guest

Alfonso, you swear a lot, not that I'm complaining, just stateing a fact.

Looks to be an OK battle, but I wish Charizard had more close range attacks

Serebii.net Guest

Smile The pictures of Battle Factory epsiode(Part 2)

I have seen pictures on the Battle Factory epsiode(Part 2). It was best. I don't know why Charizard used Dragonbreath but in Pokemon FireRed Version doesn't have that attack. I almost know that Charizard can use Overheat & Seismic Toss. It was so great Ash had beaten Noland, the leader of Battle Factory and that he got the Knowledge Symbol and Battle Frontier symbol case from Noland, Scott tells Ash the next Battle Facility is at Battle Arena.
    Last edited by Serebii.net; 4th August 2005 at 3:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Listen, punks.

THE ATTACK WAS F*CKING DRAGONBREATH SO STFU SAYING THAT IT WASN'T. THIS ISN'T THE F*CKING GAMES FOR F*CKS SAKE.

Got that? I've SEEN the episode. It. Was. Dragonbreath.
    You're gonna marry me RIGHT NOW and like it, b*tch.

The games mean sh*t to the writers. They tossed out the randomness of the Factory, and put in Dragonbreath for Charizard. Have you people not leanred yet?!

Purrrrrrr.

Hey, Serebii.net, posting pointless smilies (especially if you're posting 16 of 'em) is a very convinient way to earn flames, so don't do it.

I'm really glad Charizard's gone. I hope it won't return for a long long LONG time. I just hope the later frontier battles are twice as better than this one. The arena sounds promising because of Greta. Phanpy (or Donphan if possible) would be a good pokemon to use against her since her pokemon doesn't seem that powerful by anime standards.

I bet he'll return for the league..If there is one. Too bad they changed the sesmic toss now, I liked it better when they were flying around the world pretty funny.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast