Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Symbol Life (413)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    What could possibly be a better introduction than in a battle with a Legendary Pokemon?
    Well, okay, it was amazing enough. But I mostly meant it wasn't a proper introduction for a special attack like that. Blast Burn was very unique in the games, so for a Pokemon to learn it just by trying hard is sort of lame to me.

Well according to the dub at least Charizard didn't "suddenly" learn it, at least that's the impression I got. Ash exclaimed something like "wow, you taught yourself that attack all by yourself?"
    Yeah, you're right. But ditto to my last paragraph.

I thought the best thing was that Charizard made a comeback! But I was disappointed that he didn't learn Blast Burn instead of Overheat. Charizard's Seismic Toss was awesome though.

Oh, my. o.o;;

Charizard really surprised me in this episode. First, he learns Dragonbreath (one of my favorite moves), second, he learns how to use Overheat. Third, he used such a magnificently powerful Seismic Toss and finished that Articuno off. Fourth, he defeated a legendary and make one of the strongest comebacks I've ever seen thus far in the entire eight seasons of Pokemon. I really wished that Charizard could stay for awhile with Ash, but it is a wonder to see how strong he is getting staying at the Charisific Valley with Eliza.

Though, Articuno exceeded my expectations. Using Water Pulse and Steel Wing was a good combination, and Articuno lives up to the elite powers of the legendary birds. So, all in all, I feel as though this was one intense battle.
    ~ COMING SOON ~

Shiftry leapt into the air, shrieking and roaring as she started glowing and absorbing the sun’s light. Leaves shifted and curled at the edges as footsteps sounded on the grass. Her eyes were wide open and crazed, glazed with a white radiance. A slim, dark figure spontaneously crossed overhead, elegant and mysterious as it disappeared within the rose-colored vortex. It all seemed like a medieval fantasy; only reality blended in to make it all seem practical. The new otherworldly essence drifted in, allowing the illumination to bless the woman and reveal herself to the world. Karen had arrived

The best episode for a while.

nice eppy, i liked it.

Okay, I thought the name of this episode was "Numero Uno Articuno". And I thought Ash was supposed to use a rental pokemon like in the game. Also what pestered me was Ash's flashback with Charizard's new move. I thought it would be Blast Burn not Overheat. That irked me.

What an Epic battle between Charizard and Articuno, it's nice to see Ash win his first Frontier Symbol.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

The fight was really cool. I thought it was cool for Charizard to learn Overheat and I thought the battle was pretty intense. I wish Charizard's battle with Brandon's Dusclops could have been like this one.

This episode was just amazing. Articuno and Charizard battle just seems so awesome. I loved it a lot.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

the battle between articuno and charizard was quite a sightseeing, i'd say 9/10.

I liked this episode as much as the previous one. Noland and Articuno were awesome to see battling Ash and Charizard.

I knew from the beginning that Charizard was going to win, but Articuno really had the advantage.

And since this was Ash's first BF challenge, I would say 8.5/10.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

It was a good Episode..Charizard is a really cool Pokemon and the
    battle with him vs Articuno was really cool
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Yes it is was good battle.
    but why the referee stoped the battle?
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Episode was great! It was nice seing Articuno in action. Just the end of a battle was stupid...

Lol funny pun title for the US dub. I loved it!! Charizard fighting a Legendary Pokemon in the anime was a new concept.

Odd to see Articuno, which was a Wild Pokemon, using Water Pulse, a TM move it shouldn't have been able to use. Though the writers probably gave it that to counter Charizards Fire attacks.

Charizard showcased it's new Steel Wing attack which I believe won the match for Ash and got him the Knowledge Symbol. Great. Too bad Charizard left again ;_; 10/10

It was nice to see Charizard again.It was also nice to see a Legendary Pokemon in aa BF episode.Good way to start the BF.

10/10

Smashin' !

I like this episode because Articuno is one of my favorite Pokemon. The battle between Charizard and Articuno was pretty good and it was nice to see Charizard again. It's the first (And more to come) of a trainer using a legendary Pokemon, much less a Wild legendary Pokemon.
    I know it was in the last episode but it's a two parter, it was funny when Meowth said to James "Don't worry your little blue head of yours" and James said "It's lavender" lol
    Last edited by Willow's Tara; 17th May 2010 at 6:09 AM.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This was a great way to kick off Ash's 1st battle against a Frontier Brain. Charizard vs the Legendary Pokemon Articuno was a real interesting and exciting battle.

9/10

This episode was cool. 1 of the Best battles of Pokemon up to this point. Charizard vs Articuno was such an exciting and thrilling battle. The flashback that showed Ash finding out that Charizard knew Overheat was a bit odd looking. The Water Pulse+Ice Beam combo was really cool. It was great to see Seismic Toss being the attack that finishes Articuno off. It was cool to find out that Charizard knows Dragonbreath now. I'm really glad Ash won the battle to get the Knowledge Symbol.

99/100

Yeah, it was a fun battle I suppose. I kind of lost interest a little way into the episode though. Mainly because I find Charizard to be a real bore.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Charizard sure has come a long way from being incapacitated for an entire night from a poliwrath's ice beam. *sniffle* they grow up so fast..

This episode was epic. Charizard battles Articuno in an intense battle and somehow manages to beat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567