Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Symbol Life (413)

lordrock Guest

I liked that overheat but i would've been vetter if it wouldn't have missed great battle but how dare them make articuno a legendary pokemon lost to a normal !!!!!!!

how dare them make articuno a legendary pokemon lost to a normal !!!!!!!
    You are just used to legends being overglorified as the most powerful beings in the pokemon world. In the games, not all legends are more powerful than regulars. In fact in most cases, Charizard would wipe the floor with Articuno. Be grateful that they had Articuno put up such a great fight.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 23rd April 2006 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun
    Didn't see what was so special about Overheat, seeing as how Torkoal used it a gazillion times (or at least every one of the few times he appeared). Oh, and WTF is Blast Burn? So shoot me, I've never even heard of that attack.
    Overheat = Hoenn Move. Charizard = Kanto Pokemon. Blast Burn is a speical move Charizard learns in FR/LG.

Credit goes to Bonemerang for my Emerald Team, Chaos Emerald for the Trainer Sprite in my Emerald Card and Llybian Minamino for the banner.
    Banner links to my fanfic. Chapter 4 On Hold.
    "Strategy is the key to victory" ~Kev
    Twin/Claimed Member: Vickizzle ^_^ / Bishie: Sakura Kasugano / Song: Open Your Heart (Crush 40)
    Battle Symbols:Tactics,Ability,Luck,Guts

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    Charizard cannot learn Dragonbreath
    You have a short memory. It could in G/S/C.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    Blast Burn is...essentially a Fire-type Hyper Beam.
    And is therefore beyond pointless, and the obsession with not seeing it when there was nothing that suggested it might be in the episode in the first place is completely inexplicable, and very annoying.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    And is therefore beyond pointless, and the obsession with not seeing it when there was nothing that suggested it might be in the episode in the first place is completely inexplicable, and very annoying.
    Glowing. Charizard.

You're CRAZY if you think there was 'nothing suggested' in the episode.

But hey, it was a missed opportunity. Let's hope they can pull something off next time.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

As we all know, a glowing Pokemon can mean a number of different things. Everyone just automatically assumed Blast Burn.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

You wanted a suggestion, right? Anything translates into Blast Burn in my book. The fact that it turned out to be Overheat was based on bad luck and stupid decisions.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    As we all know, a glowing Pokemon can mean a number of different things. Everyone just automatically assumed Blast Burn.
    Yeah well I guessed I was wrong. Overall this episode wasn't really bad.
    Anime Bishie: Dorapion
    Clamied Ships
    Wes X Rui - Pokemon Collosseum
    Ron X Yori - Kim Possible

Ethereal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Fun Fact: For the longest time (if you consider when this title was released long) I thought today's episode was called "The Symbol of Life"
    Wow. Someone thought the same thing I did. I thought I was crazy for thinking that. 8D!

Okay, though I HATE Charizard (for no real reason. I can't explain this pure hatred. I have the same feelings towards Treecko's family line, too. o_O), it was nice to see him again.

That's all I'll say about this episode.

10/10

Gauuurgh. Another stupid episode pun. I really, really hate this. Not like 4Kids is ever gonna stop making such stupid title puns, but...

Random person: *runs up to me and whispers in my ear*

Ohh, yeah, wrong thread. >__>; Whatever.

First thing: Looks like I'm not the only one who though Rizaadon was going to use Blast Burn, hunh? I mean, it glowed RED. And Kootasu doesn't glow red when it uses Overheat, does it? True, Blast Burn is a FR/LG move, but it IS Rizaadon's signature move. Of course, Satoshi HAD to make a honkin' huge deal of it because it's a cliffhanger thingamajigger yada yada yada, even though we've seen the move ten times before. Rizaadon's just special.

And second, was I the only one who thought Norando was pulled right out of Last Exile, kiddie-fied and then stuck into Pocket Monsters? I mean, seriously, the outfit just screamed, "Lookit me! I drive a VANSHIP! Aren't I cool?!" Yeah...I told you they kiddie-fied him. It was just...Ugh. *shudders* And his assistand looked exactly the same, except pulled out of Evangelion. And I thought Genji was bad.

Third, I thought the battle between Rizaadon and Furiizaa was pretty cool. It was very realistic (I mean, Pocket Monsters realistic), 'cause they made it obvious that Rizaadon would have gotten his dragon bootie whopped if he didn't have a type advantage against Furiizaa. It IS a legendary, after all, and a near uber at that.

...And that's all I have to say. Confused about the Japanese names? Go check the English/Japanese Reference Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Good points:

- Lots of continuity. Brock talks about Liza and the Charicific Valley, Max recalls watching Charizard battle in the Johto League Championships, and Ash takes flight on Charizard, something he could never do before.

- For Ash's first official battle against a legendary Pokemon, he did pretty good! Charizard has gotten a lot stronger, and we can its training in the valley has page off. The new attacks it used were questionable, but overall I don't really mind.

This episode could have used better animation and better music, but it was still pretty good with what we got. Very epic.

- Ash gets the Knowledge symbol, as well as his Frontier case.

- Max says the Battle Arena is close? Really? Is that why it takes you guys 15 more episodes to get there? Ho!

well Ash flew upon Charizard's back shortly before it decided to stay at the characific valley

I liked the episode myself. Was cool to see a battle against a legendary.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Charizard's battle was great. I really enjoyed this episode and what cybercubed said... lots of continuity.

lordrock Guest

Yeah but he is a legendary pokemon the only time i saw articuno beaten was in the second pokemon movie and it took 2 pokemon to take him down moltres and zapdos so what's up with that?

Loved it and Team Rocket was not neccessary in this ep.

THat was the Best Seismic Toss ever and it's cool how Charizard learns Overheat.

|x|Credit|x|

This was a pretty good episode. I think they could have made the battle a little bit better though.
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

1:Charizard is back!!!!!!! He rocks in my opinion as one of the only Pokemon that make the anime actually look a bit cooler than it actually is.
    2:Writers of the anime, once again you really anger me (still getting over Team Magma and Aqua's disapperance)! The freakin' move should have been Blast Burn! I was really looking forward to it!!!!!!!!
    3:Really great battle. I loved the animation and music.

Only crappy thing about this episode was, as said so many times before, the way Ash found out that Charizard had learned Overheat.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

The battle was okay, but I agree, It should have been blast burn.

I thought it was Blast Burn sux it was Overheat.

Again, short on time, so I'll be brief.

Pretty awesome battle. Seeing Articuno and Charizard really duke it out was pretty awesome. Great attacks, great battle. I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed it. Team Rocket was great too, and seeing them fall through the open arena roof was pretty funny.

Overall, 8/10.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/24 NEW!! 7/26 NEW!! 7/29
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Prince
    The part where Charizard skims the wall while being chased by Ice Beam was awesome. This episode's animation was superb, imo.
    The animation overall was quite horrible compared to the best Pokemon can offer. Charizard in particular was off-model in a number of scenes (appearing way too fat or with too short a tail). However the scene you mentioned was animated much better than most of the rest of the episode, if only the whole battle could have been that fast-paced and high-quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    First thing: Looks like I'm not the only one who though Rizaadon was going to use Blast Burn, hunh? I mean, it glowed RED. And Kootasu doesn't glow red when it uses Overheat, does it?
    Actually it does, at times at least, but the animators like to focus on Torkoal's red shell areas glowing more than the body.

True, Blast Burn is a FR/LG move, but it IS Rizaadon's signature move. Of course, Satoshi HAD to make a honkin' huge deal of it because it's a cliffhanger thingamajigger yada yada yada, even though we've seen the move ten times before. Rizaadon's just special. [/QUOTE]
    Well it did look like Charizard's Overheat was a good deal more powerful than Toprkoal's, but let's not split hairs.

Overall, as nice as the Overheat was I agree with the majority that it would have made much more sense to use Blast Burn. The reason being it is so unique and they wanted to emphasize how strong Ash's Charizard had become. Unless of course they plan to have it return again some day for an even more epic battle and use Blast Burn then.

Quote Originally Posted by lordrock
    Yeah but he is a legendary pokemon the only time i saw articuno beaten was in the second pokemon movie and it took 2 pokemon to take him down moltres and zapdos so what's up with that?
    This was NOT the same Articuno. It has been long known with some degree of certainty that The Orange Islands Guardian Articuno (along with Lugia and the other Legendary Birds) is a special Articuno. Other Articuno are smaller and not as powerful.

<><><>

Really, the Charizard/Ash interaction was one of the best parts of this episode, them flying together in the beginning was great as it was the first time they've had the chance to fly together for fun instead of danger or necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Really, the Charizard/Ash interaction was one of the best parts of this episode, them flying together in the beginning was great as it was the first time they've had the chance to fly together for fun instead of danger or necessity.
    And i hate to admit it but i do agree with what somebody said about missing Pidgeot while watching that scene. Almost makes you wonder why the couldn't have done something similar before they decided to ditch it.

I'm actually pretty glad Charizard had learned Overheat rather than Blast Burn. Not just because that's what I thought it would learn, but also because Blast Burn should have a better introduction in the anime. Not to mention it doesn't make sense for Charizard to suddenly learn it (same thing for Overheat, but Blast Burn's a better attack, so... yeah).

Nice battle, of course. Two superpowers battling it out.

I gotta say, I didn't foresee Ash choosing to battle Articuno. I was thinking about Venusaur or something... which, BTW, was sort of ripped off. First appearance in a while and it doesn't even get to battle. All it did was take up half the screen. -_-

Anyway, Knowledge Symbol is earned. I do miss how Ash used to put his "badges" in his shirt, so he could show them off in style. But ever since he laid his jealous eyes on Gary's badge case filled with those ten Kanto badges in Viridian City, I guess he got hooked.

7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex
    I'm actually pretty glad Charizard had learned Overheat rather than Blast Burn. Not just because that's what I thought it would learn, but also because Blast Burn should have a better introduction in the anime.
    What could possibly be a better introduction than in a battle with a Legendary Pokemon?

Not to mention it doesn't make sense for Charizard to suddenly learn it (same thing for Overheat, but Blast Burn's a better attack, so... yeah).
    Well according to the dub at least Charizard didn't "suddenly" learn it, at least that's the impression I got. Ash exclaimed something like "wow, you taught yourself that attack all by yourself?"
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast