Thread: pokemon online code question

Default pokemon online code question

can anyone tell me if the only way to get the code cards in packs of black and white is to buy a box because i bought 11 packs so far and havent gotten one code for the pokemon online tcg

I think it's only on the decks, not the packs.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanic Typhlosion View Post
    I think it's only on the decks, not the packs.
    you are correct, the codes for the online game are only in the 3 theme decks not in the booster packs
    ~Pokemon White Australian user~
    FC: Mitzeh -{ 0905-2334-0013 }-

Youtube channel
    PotionhorderAu <-- newbie at youtube-ing :P

Default Codes

Ok, here's what I know. There are two different types of codes. The deck codes only allow you to use the 3 Black and White decks in the Trainer Challenge against the computer opponents.

The booster codes allow you to get into the closed beta, redeem online boosters, use the deck builder, and trade and battle with other users. The boosters that have the code will be marked by the little Pokemon TCG online symbol of the two red cards with the white play button in the middle.

The booster codes do not come in the blister pack boosters that you find at big stores like Toys R Us and Walmart. As far as I know the code cards only come in boosters out of booster boxes. So your best bet of finding a code is at a small comic/trading card store that only gets booster boxes and not the blister packs.

I bought a few of the blister pack boosters at Walmart before I realized that they didn't have codes. It's kind of dissapointing because my local comic/trading card store doesn't stock much Pokemon stuff. I know you can buy just the code cards from people online (like e-bay) for relatively cheap ($1-2). However, I've also heard that the beta will be going open in 4-6 weeks, allowing everybody to play without a code.

I know when you redeem your first booster code you get 20 packs of virtual cards to start you off. I'm not sure if they will keep this 20 pack feature when the beta opens. I'm debating whether to buy a code online, or just wait until the beta opens. The TCG online is really fun though and I can't wait to play it against real people, not just computer opponents.

Anyways, sorry for rambling. Hope this info helped!
    -Mjolnir300

20 pack feature when the beta opens.
    I've tested alot of server's in my time, but this is a first. Beta's open, I think you mean when they finalize the server, there's only beta and the server.

League organizer's also have these, I got mine that way (then again there was a pre-release), if you don't have a league you're best bet is anyone that sells boxes only, each box comes with one per pack or 10-5 a box, I can't remember.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Does anyone know if members of the closed beta are able to trade cards between each other? I noticed in a video demonstrating the booster openings that there's a trade button, and since I'm trying to get a code from someone, I'm seeing if offering them a few rares in return for my initial code would be something I can actually offer.

Yes, you can trade. It's kind of difficult now though because you have to individually mark every card you want people to see under your trade collection as tradeable. It's kind of tedious as it is but if you already know what you want to trade it wouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for letting me know, just want to make sure I can offer something fair in return.

Actually I have gotten one in packs. I think there are 2 editions of the pack, one for prerelease that has no code cards, and one for retail that has them, look at the back of the pack to see if it mentions a code card. Even if they are at stores it's normal as sometimes prerelease packs end up in stores sometimes. (Not often though)

Like others have said, the codes for booster packs only come in booster boxes