Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rough, Tough Jigglypuff (415)

zero-hunter x7 Guest

Fairly good ep IMO, the father was a great character, the scene where jigglypuff snubbed the food brock made was priceless. The wobbuffet scene was funny as well. Not horrible but it isn't the best.

Umm..Why did May use her Pokedex on Loudred? Havnt they already seen the guy already like 3 times?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
    Umm..Why did May use her Pokedex on Loudred? Havnt they already seen the guy already like 3 times?
    Welcome to the Pokemon Anime!! ^_^
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
    It's a new Pokedex, maybe it has new info on it.

-I like how Pikachu was the one chosen to battle Jigglypuff on its own, we don't get to see enough of that IMO. Pikachu was one of the best ones to last long enough in the room with it until it decided to use Sing... I dunno, I just like the idea of it battling without Ash behind it.
    Last edited by Geodude; 13th August 2005 at 7:08 PM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Lovely May Guest

I like this episode. It shows how different pokemon are. Old Jiggly was cute and very friendly, good for hugs and this Jigglypuff was .... evil XD Very strong, agressive and not so cute. I like old Jiggly better (oh, what did happen with it?).
    Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    It's a new Pokedex, maybe it has new info on it.

-I like how Pikachu was the one chosen to battle Jigglypuff on its own, we don't get to see enough of that IMO. Pikachu was one of the best ones to last long enough in the room with it until it decided to use Sing... I dunno, I just like the idea of it battling without Ash behind it.
    Yeah that's exactly what we need. More Pikachu battling time. ^_^

Pikachu battling is still Pikachu battling, regardless of who's giving the orders. He's still boring and repetitive, and should be BANNED from future battles.

It sounded like Shihomi Mizowaki was providing the voice for this Jigglypuff. Awesome.

The cg Flamethrower was okay, but it was a bit silly doing that for Sing. I'm a bit relieved they haven't gotten to the point where they have cg Chibi-Giovanni fantasies.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

The CG musical notes did have a point to them. It was to show the sound bouncing off the walls in the soundproof room.

But we already saw the other attacks bounce off the walls and we could hear sing echoing. Were the sing effects really necessary? >_> If they thought children still wouldn't get it, a little spoken explanation would have sufficed.
    ~

-A filler character I actually cared about? GASP! Really, it was sweet the way that guy quit/took a long vacaction from his job just to catch 'puff for his kid.
    -Brock DID something? And Max did too? DOUBLE GASP! We haven't seen Brock's "depressed" act for a while now, a Max had a good idea(although the father suddenly changing his mind for some reason didn't make much sense...then agian, I didn't understand much of what he was saying)
    -Is it just me, or does the father look a LOT like a thinner version of Birch?
    -We see another trait used. Yay...
    -The father showed TR pictures of his family, huh? Hmm, I thought he was showing them pictures of his daughter at first(I blame that on Hughes from FMA :P), and then I thought he gave them his business cards...guess I was closer the first time.
    -It's almost cute the way businessperson-father-Birch-Hughes-man-who-can't-catch-a-Jigglypuff apologizes(and thanks people) so much...kind of like Pagaya from One Piece(wow, that father reminds me of a lot of other anime characters...maybe that's why he grabbed my interest.)
    -I find it veeeeeery interesting that Jigglypuff managed to spew out Treble Clef signs along with all those eight notes when singing...why doesn't it spit out half rests, repeat signs, and bar lines, too?...As if anyone else cares about that... >_> (/nitpickyness) Actually, I didn't like the notes, period. They failed at any "show them bouncing off the metal floor/walls" purpose they had(unless I was the only one who DIDN'T see that happening at *all*...), and they look tacky.
    -Where'd they get those metal plates, how'd they get them set up so fast, and how'd they remove them so fast?
    -Wobbuffet popping up with sleeping gear=awesome.
    -If future filelr turns out like this(sans annoying CGI music notes), I will be happy.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Kazaana Guest

I finally got a chance to watch the episode today.

I thought that it was going to be another stupid filler, but it wasn't so. I found this one to actually be interesting. Having Sing bounce off the walls to put Jiggly to sleep was a pretty good idea, IMO.

The part where TR start their motto and then the guy hands them his business card was great. XD Then they get blasted off and are still saying the motto while doing it. XD It was also good that they didn't get a chance to try to steal Pikachu/Jiggly this episode. Any episode where Pika doesn't use Thunderbolt on TR is good in my book.

And I completely agree with you, Alfonso. Pikachu is getting quite boring and repetitive now. I'm getting sick of seeing it battle 50% of the time, while his other pokemon share the remaining 50%. =/
    Last edited by Kazaana; 16th August 2005 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    -The father showed TR pictures of his family, huh? Hmm, I thought he was showing them pictures of his daughter at first(I blame that on Hughes from FMA :P), and then I thought he gave them his business cards...guess I was closer the first time.
    Nope, he gave them the same thing he first gave Ash & co, his business card.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Nope, he gave them the same thing he first gave Ash & co, his business card.
    Oh...curse you, Scamfly! Your mentioning of the father calming TR down by "showing them pictures of his family" made me second-guess my idea of what he was showing TR! :P

Am I the only one who's wondering if THE Jigglypuff is following Ash & co. around anymore? I mean, it's been AGES since we've seen it...and the "it's not following them" anymore explainaiton sounds better than "the writers forgot about it". Heck, as far as I know, it was never explained WHY that Jigglypuff was following them around. So it wants someone to hear its song without falling asleep. Does it HAVE to follow Ash-tachi around to accomplish that?
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I finally sent in the guide for this ep to Serebii. It should be up some time tomorrow.

Ethereal Guest

I saw this ep on Saturday. Meh. Not too interesting, really. Had its really funny moments, though. Alls I wanna know is why they feel so many attacks need to be CGI now? -_-

Didn't expect the guide to be up this early, but it is.

Geki Guest

I remember watching this episode in Japanese last year, as well as the battle between Ash and Noland. I like the storyline of the episode, and Jigglypuff is one of my favorite Pokemon in the anime. Loudred!! I think the last time we saw one was on Dewford Island!! RICE BALLS AGAIN!!!!!!

9/10

I'm glad this episode fell into Season 8 rather than the next, could you imagine Jigglypuff's song without Rachael Lilis? I can't imagine what Jiggly would have sounded like with a different voice singing...

Were those CG-i musical notes really visible? Whenever we saw Jiggly sing int he past, we never did see those musical notes float about? Reminds me of Smash Bros, with Jiggly hovering in the air like that.

There were some funny parts with Team Rocket saying their motto politely when Mitch thought they were Ash's friends. And the narrator falls asleep at the end, we haven't had the narrator take part of an episode in a long time.

Was there really any difference between this Jiggly and the one following Ash and co.? 4kids seemed to treat it as if it were the same one, Ash and co. even recognized it. You could just say that it lost its marker and it's storyline finally ended with this family catching it.

This was a pretty good episode. It was kinda cool to see Jigglypuff's Cute Charm ability. I thought it was funny when Jigglypuff rejected Brock's pokemon food. The ending, IMO, was very good. Glad Mitch's daughter got her Jigglypuff eventually.

Jigglypuff sent Team Rocket skyward during their motto. Why can't the twerps send them from whence they came while they waste time with the motto.

Yes, the musical notes were in the Japanese version. And come to think of it, since PUSA used some archives of Pokemon, I bet they have the Jigglypuff song on tape. Since it's the same thing over and over, I don't think we need to worry about it.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

This ep was really cute (cuz Jigglypuff was in it......I love Jigglypuff ^^)

PokemonTrainerLisa must be happy.....Ash said "Lisa" LOL XD (she's a really big Ash fan for those of you who don't know....but you prolly do XD)

Man....I wish MY name was used in Pokémon again...it was only used ONCE in that Wailord ep...."Stephanie"...yah....dat's my name...

"An' jus' remembuh, I'm da top cat!"
    ::CLAIMS::
    Bishie & Mascot: TR's Meowth || C. Bishie: Rufus the Naked Mole Rat || Celebrity: Joe Jonas
    Song: Goodnight And Goodbye (Jonas Brothers) || Anime Song: Dreams (Pokémon 2000)

My Wii Shop Channel Wishlist

Man, this must of been the Smash Brothers Jigglypuff!

I have to say, these fillers are alot more entertaining then the pictures let on. This episode was good.

Okay, this was a kinda-sorta good ep. for this morning.

Well, the dub sounded like the old VA's, so that actually kept my attention. Or, wait, were they the old VA's?!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Were those CG-i musical notes really visible? Whenever we saw Jiggly sing int he past, we never did see those musical notes float about? Reminds me of Smash Bros, with Jiggly hovering in the air like that.
    Yeah, that was kinda the akward part. It really wasn't that good to add in to the anime (anything that involves computer graphics and drawings together isn't gonna look that good).

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    There were some funny parts with Team Rocket saying their motto politely when Mitch thought they were Ash's friends. And the narrator falls asleep at the end, we haven't had the narrator take part of an episode in a long time.
    That was one of the funny parts. A++ For them!

Okay, as I watched the episode, I thought "Well, it's just gonna be another Jigglypuff ep. I guess it was... 8.07898231/10

*sigh* The new VAs have NOT had an aired episode with the main series yet. That won't happen until season 9 starts airing in September, after the inevitable summer break. Now can we please quit mentioning them when they have nothing whatsoever to do with the next few episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by ~*SeijisSeviper*~
    Yeah, that was kinda the akward part. It really wasn't that good to add in to the anime (anything that involves computer graphics and drawings together isn't gonna look that good).
    Erm, .hack//ROOTS?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast