Thread: Anime Awards 2016

Default Anime Awards 2016

IT'S BACK! Since we're already done the two thousand and sixteenth year since, uh, something, I think it's time for us to give stupid awards to anime. (yes I'm just copy + pasting this from three years ago)

Best Adaptation:
    Worst Adaptation:
    Best Original Series:
    Best Soundtrack:
    Best Opening:
    Worst Opening:
    Best Ending:
    Worst Ending:
    Most Disappointing:
    Most Pleasant Surprise:
    Best Recent Show YOU Watched (post-2007):
    Best Old Show YOU Watched (pre-2007):
    Best Character (male):
    Best Character (female):
    Most Sexy:
    Most Moé:
    Worst Character:
    Funniest Episode:
    Best Animation Quality:
    Worst Animation Quality:
    Best Voice:
    Best OVA:
    Best Movie:
    Best Studio:

Single Best Episode of 2016:

Worst Anime of 2016:

Anime of the Winter 2016 (ending):

Anime of the Winter 2016:
    Anime of the Spring 2016:
    Anime of the Summer 2016:
    Anime of the Fall 2016:

Anime of the Fall 2016 (starting):

Anime of the Year 2016:

I gave Fall and Winter two bits each because of the anime that often get split into two halves between years.

Give awards to whatever you like. You don't even have to do all of them, just do whatever. Divide them into seasons! Add your own! Best Anime Featuring Dogs in Hoodies! Any award you wanna give, go for it. If you can't decide add a runner-up!

Spoiler:- My picks:

Wow, this was actually kinda hard this year.

Best Adaptation: Ushio and Tora second season / JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
    (Too close to call, honestly.)

Worst Adaptation: Rewrite
    Runner-up: The Asterisk War second season

Best Original Series: Space Patrol Luluco
    Runner-up: 91 Days

Best Soundtrack: Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou

Best Opening: "Great Days" (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable) / "Lay Your Hands on Me" (Kiznaiver) / "Ainikoiyo" (To Be Hero)
    (Couldn't decide at all.)

Worst Opening: "Kira Kira☆Explorer" (Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+!)

Best Ending: "DREAMCATCHER" (Magical Girl Raising Project)

Worst Ending: "Fantas/HIP Girlfriends!" (sung by the main cast of KeiJOOOOOOOOOO)

Most Disappointing: Izetta the Last Witch / Endride

Most Pleasant Surprise: Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou / To Be Hero

Best Recent Show YOU Watched (post-2007): Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Best Old Show YOU Watched (pre-2007): Samurai Champloo OR Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Best Character (male): All Might (My Hero Academia) / Tora (Ushio and Tora)

Best Character (female): Luluco (Space Patrol Luluco)

Most Sexy: Rohan Kishibe (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable)

Most Moé: Ako Tamaki (NetoYome)

Worst Character: The entire cast of bimbos from Wagamama High Spec OR Masou Gakuen HxH, OR Ayato Amagiri (The Asterisk War)

Funniest Episode: Mayoiga (episode 6)
    (All of Space Patrol Luluco could've made it in, however, Mayoiga is the most infuriating comedy and has to be listed up here somehow.)

Best Animation Quality: Your Name (Snow White with the Red Hair second season for TV)

Worst Animation Quality: Mahou Shoujo? Naria Girls
    Runner-up: Keijo!!!!!!!!, oddly enough. But it was just a terrible show to look at and only further proves Xebec is crap. Suffer with me.

Best Voice: Akira Ishida (Yoshinobu Kubota - Sakamoto desu ga?)

Best OVA: Non Non Biyori Repeat

Best Movie: Digimon Adventure tri 3: Confession

Best Studio: David Production

Single Best Episode of 2016: ERASED (episode 1)
    Show turned out to be a disappointment, but that first episode was the best first episode of the year. And besides, there were way too many good episodes from JoJo to decide.

Worst Anime of 2016: Bishoujo Yuugi Unit Crane Game Girls (both seasons)
    HOW DID THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE GET TWO SEASONS???????

Anime of the Winter 2016: Sekkou Boys

Anime of the Spring 2016: Space Patrol Luluco / Kiznaiver / Ushio and Tora second season

Anime of the Summer 2016: 91 Days

Anime of the Fall 2016: Magical Girl Raising Project

Anime of the Year 2016: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Hmm, can't say I saw too much of the stuff that was airing during 2016, but let's see... (I spent like 3 hours doing this, didn't think it'd take that long...)

Best Adaptation: Persona 3 the Movie 4: Winter of Rebirth (I guess? I mean, I never finished Persona 3, so... It was a great movie, though!)
    Worst Adaptation: N/A (Didn't know any source material of anything I watched, so it's kind of hard to do this one)
    Best Original Series: Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (I was looking forward to that one since the first PV dropped, didn't disappoint)
    Best Soundtrack: Boku no Hero Academia's "My Hero Academia" (Got so hyped when that played)
    Best Opening: ERASED's "Re:Re:" (Love me some Asian Kung-Fu Generation!)
    Worst Opening: Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+!'s "Kira Kira☆Explorer" (What can I say? Didn't like it, so I skipped it)
    Best Ending: Re:Zero's "Stay Alive" (I can't force myself to skip this song, it's sung sooo good!)
    Worst Ending:Musaigen no Phantom World's "Junshin Always" (Didn't strike a cord with me)
    Most Disappointing: Accel World: Infinite∞Burst (35 minutes recap, then 45 minutes of plot that takes place 15 NOVELS LATER?! And the main plot has made no progression in that time? I love you, Accel World, but oh my god)
    Most Pleasant Surprise: Amaama to Inazuma (Ever see a little kid and go "Aww, I want to be a parent someday?" The anime basically did that to me and hit me in ways I didn't think I would feel just yet. I want that struggle of raising a kid someday)
    Best Recent Show YOU Watched (post-2007): Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch (I'm not a mecha person, so I didn't think I'd enjoy it. Oh boy, was I wrong)
    Best Old Show YOU Watched (pre-2007): Pokemon (I started the marathon back in March, it was a blast to the past)
    Best Character (male): Amaama to Inazuma's Kouhei Inuzuka (I have a lot of respect for him. Shout out to the single fathers out there!)
    Best Character (female): Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!'s Mizuki Usami (I love how hard she tries for that idiot)
    Most Sexy: Getsuyoubi no Tawawa's Ai-Chan (And it's not because of the reason you're probably thinking!)
    Most Moé: Musaigen no Phantom World's Reina Izumi (appetite may or may not be included)
    Worst Character: New Game!'s Nene Sakura (Ugh she bugged me and I don't even know why!)
    Funniest Episode: Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 2 (The UFO scene was amazing, and it was the only thing I could think of lol)
    Best Animation Quality: Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen (the lack of shading in a lot of the scenes looked really nice and the animation was smooth, I liked it)
    Worst Animation Quality: Keijo!!!!!!!! (It's not bad, but I dont like it)
    Best Voice: Saori Hayami (She had a number of roles this year, plus her voice is soothing)
    Best OVA: Luger Code 1951 (Doesn't seem like many people saw this, but I really enjoyed it, I think it's worth the watch).
    Best Movie: Kimi no Na wa. (No question. Might have been Koe no Katachi if I had a chance to see it)
    Best Studio: N/A (I don't play attention to Studios)

Single Best Episode of 2016: Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 (All Might vs Noumu. That episode was so intense and my whole body burned in excitement when I was watching that)

Worst Anime of 2016: Mayoiga (Might be unfair to say since I've only watched 2 episodes, but I'm told it doesnt get any better so I'm sticking to it)

Anime of the Winter 2016 (ending): N/A (I could technically do Heavy Object, but I havent finished it, and there's no other anime I can do for this one)

Anime of the Winter 2016: ERASED (Incredible plot that left me anxious week after week)
    Anime of the Spring 2016: Boku no Hero Academia (It rocked my socks off with some intense moments and great cast of characters)
    Anime of the Summer 2016: Amaama to Inazuma (Spoke to me on a more personal level)
    Anime of the Fall 2016: Getsuyoubi no Tawawa (Short, but so satisfying. I just wish it was longer)

Anime of the Fall 2016 (starting): 3-Gatsu no Lion (It's sooo good! It pains me to wait a week for each episode!)

Anime of the Year 2016: Amaama to Inazuma! It's funny, when I first started it, I didn't think the anime would have the kind of impact I thought it would have on me. I didn't start it when it first aired, but when I did, about 9 episodes had aired. I ended curling up in my bed and marathoning it all. I fell in love with the characters, I fell in love with the simple story, I fell in love with the art, I just fell in love with it. I could relate to the situation to mine as a kid, I could see myself in Kouhei Inuzuka, I have a lot of respect for him raising a little girl all by himself, all the struggles from the physical down to the emotional, there's so much I love about the anime.

Am I allowed to only say my vote for some of them?

Best Autumn/Fall Anime of 2016 - Yuri!!! On Ice
    Best Winter anime of 2016 - ERASED
    Best Spring anime of 2016 - does Assassination Classroom count?
    Best Summer anime of 2016 - Durarara!! x2 Ketsu
    Best soundtrack of 2016 - Yuri!!! On Ice's Yuri On Ice
    Best opening of 2016 - Durarara!! x2 Ketsu opening
    Best ending of 2016 - Pokemon's Kirakira
    Best adaption of 2016 - Pokemon Generations (does this count? I think it counts)
    Most pleasant surprise of 2016 - Yuri!!! On Ice (I'm not a sports anime or an ice skating fan. Saw this, fell in love.)
    Best voice of 2016 - Kamiya Hiroshi as Izaya Orihara from Durarara!! or Ken'ichi Suzumura as Steven from Pokemon, both have great voices.
    Best animation quality of 2016 - Pokemon XYZ
    Worst animation quality of 2016 - Pokemon Sun/Moon (I like the style but something has to go here)
    Best character of 2016 (Male) - Steven from Pokemon XYZ (I have never seen such a great re-debut to the main series of an anime than his in the Team Flare Arc)
    Best character of 2016 (Female) - Celty Sturluson from Durarara!! x2 Ketsu (just the pure embodiment of awesome)
    Single best episode of 2016 - I have two candidates - Yuri!!! On Ice episode 7 (you don't know how much I was crying), or Pokemon XYZ episode 42 (the one episode where literally everyone got a moment of action that I genuinely enjoyed, plus the shounen is real)
    Best post-2007 show I watched - The Devil is a Part Timer! (Amazing comedy, and Lucifer is amazing)
    Most sexy character of 2016 - Yurio (I can't spell his surname) from Yuri!!! On Ice
    Worst character of 2016 - Serena from Pokemon XYZ (nice personality but got screwed over by shipping and the writers refusing to evolve her Pancham and Braixen, plus only giving her three damn Pokemon? Really?)

Best anime of the Year - Bungou Stray Dogs (I haven't watched it myself, so this is my sister's opinion)

Here is one of my own:
    Best pairing of 2016 - Yuri x Victor from Yuri!!! On Ice
    Game OTP: IronWill (Dawn x Riley)
    Anime OTP: Marisson (Alain x Mairin)
    Manga brOTP: Origin (Steven x Wallace)

I also have a nominated story there!

I write shipping fics! In any of the stories I post in the shipping fics area, feel free to drop in to say hi and leave a review! I gain motivation to continue writing through this, so any kind of review is great!

"Our path may have a clear end with our friends, but it doesn't mean we cannot do anything with them while it lasts. Make sure you spend your time with them to the fullest, so when you have to part ways, once all is finally done, hold your head high, smile, and look onward to the future world that you made together!" ~ from this fanfic!