Thread: Harems are the FUTURE! >8D - Favourite Anime/Manga Genre Thread!

Cool Harems are the FUTURE! >8D - Favourite Anime/Manga Genre Thread!

What's your favourite genre?

Personally, I ADORE harem's! I'm also into Shoujo and Comedies! :P I'm reading about 11 separate manga's right now and they're so hilarious. xD

I'm really liking Fairy Tail! at the moment and despite it's Ecchi genre, there's nothing too explicit so it's just funny almost nude scenes, like Gray stripping all the time. XD

But still Lucy Heartfilia totally needs a turtleneck lol.
    There are times in a man's life when he must STRIP
    - Grey Fullbuster

Depends on my mood really. When I need comedy, I'll read comedy. If I want romance, I'll turn to a romance manga. Slice of life? I'll go there. I don't know; it's really hard to pick just a few genres. But then again, I'm always up for RomCom. That isn't ecchi or harem, sorry. xD

It's because I saw you that this light came to be
    .: credit :.

Let's see- Mystery, Action, Adventure, maybe a little bit of romance sprinkled in if it's done right. I read Fairy Tail, but the Ecchi gets on my nerves a LOT, considering that I don't like Ecchi or Harems.

I haven't found a good mystery manga or anime yet (then again, I haven't watched a whole lot of anime).
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Only legit good harem show is To Love-ru

The only good harem is the one that doesn't exist.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

if its harem genre, then more or less mine would be the comedy and romance type ( the most obvious genre that every harem has and most of the time the plot is weak ( with a few exceptions) )
    Good thing is I'm going to watch Hibike Euphonium until the end

They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

There's nothing to see here

Naruto uses Harem jutsu

Thanks to FairyWitch for this awesome animated banner!

I will typically watch anything that interests me regardless of genre (with exception of hentai of course), but I will easily latch onto the romance and magical girl genres, no questions asked (unless said-romance is part of the harem genre, and only if I catch onto it quickly that it's a harem). Bonus points if the romance is a rom-com which is... everything..., and does it well.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

My favorite harem anime is highschool dxd. Personally, I don't see it as a harem. Sure it's the main focus of the series, but it would still be a great anime without them naked girls. It has great action, humour, visuals and character development.
    Even though it's 18+, I'd still recommend everybody who handle it to watch it.

The only one I ever really got into was the Tenchi series/franchise. But I have to tell you, it's one of my favorite anime series'.
    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

Recently, my close friend was brutally attacked her ex-boyfriend. Her child tragically lost her life in this horrendous incident. The road to recovery for her will be a long one. A fund has been set up to help her pay for the funeral and hospital expenses here. http://www.gofundme.com/krvruo

On the topic of good harems, the only ones I've gotten into is The World God Only Knows (Which is a deconstruction, but it's still a harem anime/manga, the same way NGE is still a mecha anime and Madoka Magica is still a magical girl anime). Most others have too much fanservice and too much Double Standard Abuse: Female on Male for my tastes (Punching a guy who is actually a perverted jerk lech? Funny. Punching a guy because you ran into him and his hand accidentally landed on your boob? Not so funny). Yes Keima still suffers some abuse, but at least they're possessed by demons and not themselves and it really only happened with one girl (I only remember it happening with Kanon, but it's been over a year since I saw the show, so I might've forgotten one), most things which use that trope don't have such an excuse

For the topic of favorite anime genres, I love action comedies. Especially the ones that can pull off good serious moments.

I'm okay with harems personally. They can be fun. I especially like them usually for the variety of the girls. xD
    Older ones like Love Hina are among my favorites.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.