Thread: Death Parade

Post Death Parade

Synopsis

After death, humans go to either heaven or hell. But for some, at the instant of their death, they arrive at the Queen Decim, a bar attended by the mysterious white-haired Decim. He challenges them to the Death Game, wherein they wager their lives and reveal their true natures.

Decim himself is the ultimate arbitrator of who wins and who loses, who lives and who dies.

Studio: Madhouse

OP theme - "Flyers" by BRADIO.
    ED theme - "Last Theater" by NoisyCell.

Three episodes have aired so far, but I find this anime REALLY good.

Anyone else watching?

well it is made by MadHouse and they usually make good animes Death Note, Hunter x Hunter 2011, Parasyte to name a few so i knew i wasnt going to be dissapointed...

For being really serious and showing little emotion i really enjoy Decim, Nona seems pretty interesting as well having a quirky side but can be serious in an instant, the only one i am disappointed in is the assistant Onna because i believe she is going to make everyone see this as a problem and try to make them reconsider what theyre doing like she tried to do with decim in episode 2

i really wish they make it more clear who goes where when the game ends
    also i really hope they change the OP it seems out of place in my opinion it just doesnt fit the theme

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    also i really hope they change the OP it seems out of place in my opinion it just doesnt fit the theme
    Please no, that ridiculously inappropriate OP is great.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Please no, that ridiculously inappropriate OP is great.
    Agreed, I love the OP. It gets me excited for the episode, and it's just awesome to see. I mean, they have to put on some sort of entertainment every once in a while, it is a club. Kind of. Not really.

I'm in love with Death Parade, we're only three episodes in and it made me cry twice, which is surprising to me but is also a good sign that the show's in good hands if they're able to get me to care for these one-shot characters. I can't remember if the original one-shot, Death Billiards, made me tear up at the end, but I remember enjoying the hell out of it. So I was happy when I saw they made a TV series out of it, and thus far it's not disappointing. Everything about it right now is just perfect, I'm so torn as to figure out what's my anime of the season as Jojo and Assassination Classroom are on the same day.

I hope we get to learn more about the characters. Decim I think is the one character I don't want to see change (if at all), even though I'm interested to know how he got there. Nona seems to have a slight sadistic side to her, and Onna's not bad. I think we saw Vi once in episode two, but he didn't leave much of an impression on me to remember, lol. But we got nine episodes to go, so we'll see where it'll go from here.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

i really wish they make it more clear who goes where when the game ends
    So far it has been really clear.

In the first game, Machiko went to the Void and Takashi was sent to be reincarnated.

In this game, both of them were sent to reincarnation (I loved that).

I disagree, that's what makes the OP so amazing. The fact it is so out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I hope we get to learn more about the characters. Decim I think is the one character I don't want to see change (if at all), even though I'm interested to know how he got there. Nona seems to have a slight sadistic side to her, and Onna's not bad. I think we saw Vi once in episode two, but he didn't leave much of an impression on me to remember, lol. But we got nine episodes to go, so we'll see where it'll go from here.
    I'm quite confident we'll get some plot developments especially in regards to Onna. Apparently she's got 3 months...

I gotta say I'm loving the Onna/Decim interactions. Decim actually showed a lot more personality in this episode (despite keeping a straight face), that '5 minute date' joke was hilarious and I don't know, I just find his interactions with Onna to be rather amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    So far it has been really clear.

In the first game, Machiko went to the Void and Takashi was sent to be reincarnated.

In this game, both of them were sent to reincarnation (I loved that).
    Yeah, thus far, it has been clear who goes where. For the most part, though, I think the viewer has to pay attention to what the masks above the elevators are next to making their own judgments on the characters. I actually ended up really sad over the fact I thought

Spoiler:- just to be on the safe side:

Luckily I was proven wrong, lol xD.

I'm quite confident we'll get some plot developments especially in regards to Onna. Apparently she's got 3 months...
    Oh yeah, that's right. Be prepared for massive feels at the end of the anime.

I gotta say I'm loving the Onna/Decim interactions. Decim actually showed a lot more personality in this episode (despite keeping a straight face), that '5 minute date' joke was hilarious and I don't know, I just find his interactions with Onna to be rather amusing.
    Yeah, the interactions are another favorite of mine in this show. They're like the perfect foils of each other. I laughed at his joke, too, it was so mean, but so funny XD.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I do hope they mix it up a bit rather than going for the same man/woman who knew each other in the past type of thing.

How about two women? Two guys? What about children? Could we see children in this anime?

As for the next episode, I hope the man and the woman are completely unrelated to each other and that they simply happened to die at the same time.

How about two women? Two guys? What about children? Could we see children in this anime?
    The one-shot had two men that died at the same time, but still had some relation to one-another, even though it wasn't on the best of terms. But the two children one I don't see happening unless they were at a certain age--I don't know what the rules are about children who die, but I think the closest we'll get are teenagers if at all.

Now I'd like to see more than two people playing a game. That would be interesting.

As for the next episode, I hope the man and the woman are completely unrelated to each other and that they simply happened to die at the same time.
    I think one of the rules for Queen Decim (or is is Quimdecim?) is that the two people have had to die at the same time in about the same place. I don't think it extends to people on opposite ends of the earth unless they actually had a relation with each other somehow. But it's hard to say since I don't think we have all of the rules of Queen Decim. Considering it's in the afterlife, I think Decim (or whoever it is that brings them in) would know if the two people are related to one-another somehow and thus have them play a game.
    I survived Pupa.

The one-shot had two men that died at the same time, but still had some relation to one-another, even though it wasn't on the best of terms. But the two children one I don't see happening unless they were at a certain age--I don't know what the rules are about children who die, but I think the closest we'll get are teenagers if at all.
    I watched Death Billiards, haha, heard about it after I first watched Death Parade.

I'd like to see more of such types of match-ups. The two men didn't know each other, they just happened to die at the same time.

Now I'd like to see more than two people playing a game. That would be interesting.
    Brilliant idea! Now I'd love to see that.

I think one of the rules for Queen Decim (or is is Quimdecim?) is that the two people have had to die at the same time in about the same place. I don't think it extends to people on opposite ends of the earth unless they actually had a relation with each other somehow. But it's hard to say since I don't think we have all of the rules of Queen Decim. Considering it's in the afterlife, I think Decim (or whoever it is that brings them in) would know if the two people are related to one-another somehow and thus have them play a game.
    We can't be sure though, since we don't know whether the young man and the old man from the first special died in about the same place or not.

I'd like to think that the only rule is that the people must have died at the same time. Though I guess this will be cleared up as the show goes on. But yeah, the bottom line is, I hope next pairs are not related to each other whatsoever so we get something similar to what happened in the special.

I'd like to see more of such types of match-ups. The two men didn't know each other, they just happened to die at the same time.
    Well, the only way I can see that happening is if they were involved in a car accident together, but were still strangers.

Brilliant idea! Now I'd love to see that.
    I know, right? It'd be interesting to watch. I'm almost half-expecting to see the bar get trashed like it was in the one-shot depending on the people involved.

We can't be sure though, since we don't know whether the young man and the old man from the first special died in about the same place or not.
    My bad, when I say "about the same place", I'm talking about somewhere in the area, like in the vicinity or the district. I think what made the one-shot that more interesting in that aspect was the fact the choices they had made ended up being a domino effect for each other, and thus ending badly for them at the same time, and those choices had happened to overlap. It's been a long while since I last saw the one-shot (since you saw it recently, you can clear it up where needed), but I think the one guy was robbed from the other younger man, and the younger man ended up getting stabbed by his girlfriend shortly afterward at his home, but the older guy I can't remember how he died. Still, they had some relation with one-another.
    I survived Pupa.

My bad, when I say "about the same place", I'm talking about somewhere in the area, like in the vicinity or the district. I think what made the one-shot that more interesting in that aspect was the fact the choices they had made ended up being a domino effect for each other, and thus ending badly for them at the same time, and those choices had happened to overlap. It's been a long while since I last saw the one-shot (since you saw it recently, you can clear it up where needed), but I think the one guy was robbed from the other younger man, and the younger man ended up getting stabbed by his girlfriend shortly afterward at his home, but the older guy I can't remember how he died. Still, they had some relation with one-another.
    Hmm, they appear to have no connection to each other.

I assume that the old man died from natural causes (it's not actually shown how he dies, but it shows his memorial portrait with his wife praying for him so he's already dead at that point) whereas the young man was stabbed by a girl (considering she slapped him in that one scene and there was a naked girl in the bed, I'm assuming he cheated on her and she killed him for that). However, someone pointed out that in the special the old man arrives AFTER the young man. When the old man arrives, the young man is already at the bar - if they died at the same time wouldn't they have arrived at the same time? Unless the guy died before the old man. So maybe the whole 'died at the same time' isn't a rule either.

In episode one, Machiko and Takashi arrive at the same time in their elevators.

In episode three it's not really clear since we never see them both coming out of the elevator because they are both already at the bar.

Honestly...who knows. There are a lot of ambiguous things about this anime.

something about this weeks episode felt very off when i was watching it but i guess that could just be me....

i really do not like decims assistant i really hope she doesnt try to change their lifestyle or make decim regret what he is doing........from the looks of it next week we get a kid-pre teen possibly playing so that interesting and we r getting introduced to more new characters also

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

Ah, so children do get sent there.

Seems like next episode will feature more behind-the-scenes stuff and introduce new characters. I can't wait!

I started snickering at the Arcade, It almost felt like they were going to do an affectionate parody of fighting games, but it turned tragic very quickly. Still, had an interesting feel to it.

So two people who don't know each other at all this time around. They must've died at the same time, or at least are in the same area, but they sure kept it very vague. It's still pretty sad how tragic their lives were--one more messed up than the other--and I don't have any qualms toward the final judgment. They may have felt true remorse at the end, though, don't think I've seen it happen to the both of them like that--not even in the one-shot.

So I guess there aren't any specific rules in terms of age. But we'll see.
    I survived Pupa.

was there even a question to wonder y they wouldnt show little kids....death affects everyone including little kids so to me it wouldve been ridiculous not to show little kids in this anime

but hopefully we get more world building next weeks episode