Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On Cloud Arcanine (416)

Waveblaster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Because the writers thought she did. If in fact she did catch it.

Going by what you just said, Ash didn't really need Chikorita.
    I didn't think he needed one, you're right. He shouldn't have gotten all the starters that season. That was the worst of all the seasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    May DID NOT get Arcanine
    I'm happy once more! This really makes my day, thanks Serebii!

I can confirm that nobody caught it.

Waveblaster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    I can confirm that nobody caught it.
    That's even better! This episode keeps getting better and better! So it was basically a filler right?

What the hell... What the hell!

Please, somebody who can understand what the characters say, tell me that Ash wasn't curious as to what Arcanine was... as he examined it with his PokeDex!

New Dex or not, you'd think that he wouldn't have to poke his silly little gadget (sorry for the sexual undertones) at it!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

It is annoying that a Pokemon that he has met several times and he doesn't know squat about. At least we didn't a get a Growlithe puppy added to the team. That would have stunk.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Tifa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Bellosh
    From what I hear over at BMG, it seems that PokeAni's guide for this episode says that Drew caught the Arcanine.
    Im my opinion, I Dont think any one of them Caught the Arcanine
    Personally i thought what happned is both May and Drew realised that the Arcanine, needed to stay with its babies so neither of them caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    It is annoying that a Pokemon that he has met several times and he doesn't know squat about.
    any day now ash is gonna freaking look up Pikachu on his Pokedex

Rene Bellosh Guest

Well now I've seen the episode myself. When it comes down to it, it's really just YET another filler where nothing of great importance happens.

All I can say so far is that writers are wasting potentially great episodes. This episode looked like it would turn out good, with the return of Drew, but unfortunately it didn't quite carry through. It's really a shame that TR has to be in every episode, because about half of the episodes in the series entirety would be better off without them. But I was glad to see Dustox again, and Mudkip once again does something (even if barely anything)! But overall it looked nice but not great.

Tifa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Bellosh
    Well now I've seen the episode myself. When it comes down to it, it's really just YET another filler where nothing of great importance happens.
    I have to agree, they need to put something new into the episodes, Get new baddies, I know we're all used to TR, but they just waste 5 - 10 mintues of an episode all the time. Im not surprised there making episodes like this, which are pretty similar to past episodes because theyve made over 400, they must be running out of ideas.

Like I've said, the main purpose of this episode was simply to show the viewers that Shuu would still be around for the Battle Fronteir arc. Although this still looks better than the previous two fillers (animation aside).

Squirtle riding Flygon is one of the cutest moments ever.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Mudkip out of its ball again? Doing something? Things seem to be looking up for the little guy.

Going by the pictures, the episode doesn't seem that bad, Wobby seems to get a fair share of comical moments, and the look on Combusken's face when Arcanine runs away from it.....X3 I almost feel sorry for him.

I'm glad that in the end, nobody caught Arcanine. Giving it May would just seem....out of place, and giving it Drew would make him slowly turn into a Gary clone, in my opinion.
    .:Team Leaf:.

Sprites by Pokesho, Zerudez, MisterReno & RedRooster

Tifa Guest

I guess, Thats true Suicune, And yeah it does look alot better.

For some reason I was really amazed by the animation and May. This was a nice episode indeed and what was Team Rockets boss from Hoenn doing here?

Are all of your memories perfect? There's a Hell of a lot of pokemon in the world, I don't mind if Ash has to occasionally check his Pokedex for a little refresher course in pokemon he hasn't encountered for a while...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Flygon's voice sounded a bit off today Oo Ah well...but the episode was quite good. At least it had some funny moments here and there.
    Team Rocket hiding the pie in Wobbuffet's mouth = great. Because you could clearly see where it was.
    When I think about it, Wobbuffet was funny throughout the whole episode, with Jessie being angry at it when it found the berries and lifting it up into the air XD But it was kinda a rip-off of the scene in "Wynaut of the Mirage Island".

Surprisingly, Drew didn't amaze me at all this time. His actions looked almost clumsy at the beginning of the episode, and he flipped his hair too much today. Meh. But nice to see him anyway.

I liked the plan Brock had, cornering Arcanine and forcing it to a certain direction was pretty clever.

Squirtle was cute as always. And Munchlax was close to being useful. But only close XD Ah well, at least it used an attack..

Not supposed to be a summary x_X I just pointed out random things..

Oh, and that attack Arcanine used in the preview was actually Heat Wave, not Overheat. Dunno if it was already mentioned..

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

I thought someone said that Forretress was going to do something in this episode. Did he, or am I off base here? It was good to see Dustox again, and it's good to know she still has it (for now)
    Last edited by Team Rocket Admin; 19th August 2005 at 11:34 PM.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Rukario 2 Guest

I AGREE with you

I thought someone said that Forretress was going to do something in this episode. Did he, or am I off base here? It was good to see Dustox again, and it's good to know she still has it (for now)
    Argy said Dustox not Forretress. I had said it was Dustox. You can barely count Squirtle Vs. Flygon a battle. It launched a bubble attack at Flygon for Drew teasing May again and Drew ordered Flygon did something and it freaked out and ran to May.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Please, somebody who can understand what the characters say, tell me that Ash wasn't curious as to what Arcanine was... as he examined it with his PokeDex!
    Absolutely not. He said its name before looking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa
    Im my opinion, I Dont think any one of them Caught the Arcanine
    Personally i thought what happned is both May and Drew realised that the Arcanine, needed to stay with its babies so neither of them caught it.
    In your opinion? It either happened or it didn't, there's obviously no such thing as an opinion about something like that. And as was clearly stated just a few posts before you, nobody caught it, for the reasons you mentioned.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Well, although it was really fillerish this was still a pretty good episode. Predictable for the most part, but there were some surprising bits.

Thoughts:
    -Heh, nobody caught Windie. So much for that. :P
    -Certainly didn't expect to see Kojirou-tachi's 'boss' from the Houen League again. I guess he's become a recurring character. Meh, I'm kinda indifferent to the guy. Don't like him, don't dislike him.
    -GC overheat makes Herakurosu cry.
    -Seeing Gonbe using extremespeed made me chuckle, but besides that he was annoying as always.
    -I see the writers missed their opportunity to have Kojirou remember Guard-chan. Not the least bit surprising, but disappointing none the less.
    -Seeing Shuu again was cool.
    -Unsurprisingly, Furaigon owned Zenigame. Pretty bad choice on Haruka's part to use the little guy. The double battle with the Rocket-dan was pretty neat though.
    -Holy sh*t! Dokukeiru is actually out of its monster ball.
    -There was some great music in this episode. The piece that begins when Takeshi is explaining his plan is always cool, and the one that played at the end, "Shouri no Badge, Getto da ze!", is one of my favorite instrumentals from show. I can't remember the last time we heard that one played in an episode. ;_;
    Last edited by Heracross; 20th August 2005 at 3:44 AM.
    ~

It was Heat Wave, dammit CG Heat Wave certainly isn't as bad as CG Overheat.

And did anyone notice that the Kanto Contest Ribbon Drew has looks different? The two..er, dunno the English word for this..loops (?) on the side are gone. Or is that just a big animation error O.o? I hope it isn't.. It does look weird, but I'm all for creativity, so..yeah.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    It was Heat Wave, dammit CG Heat Wave certainly isn't as bad as CG Overheat.
    Bleh. Then it also makes me cry for looking so damn much like overheat. >< The way they animated it in the Houen League made much more sense and didn't look like absolute crap.
    ~

Munchlax used Extremespeed? Seriously? That's frightening. o_o

It was a result of metronome.
    ~

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast