Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On Cloud Arcanine (416)

Okay, I'm getting blasted with all this info at once.

You mean to tell me what Arcanine used was Heat Wave and not Overheat? Even though it looked EXACTLY like Overheat (though slightly different) on the previews? They really switched the way Heat Wave was performed?

And Munchlax has Metronome? So it really did learn that in the Clefairy episode?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Yep, Masato identified Windie's attack as neppu/heat wave, despite it actually looking like overheat.
    ~

What's with you guys thinking it's Overheat?! It clearly looks like a Fire Spin(or have you forgotten about Combusken already?), which Growlithe can learn(through breeding anyways).-_-; And Heat Wave looked entirely different from this...this CG is really confusing.

Sorry for the outburst...it's just that it really does look like one of Combusken's Fire Spin attacks.:/

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

That's just lame. The only explanation for the different looks is that Char's Heat Wave at the League was during a 2on2 battle, and HW can hit both opponents. So it 'split up'. But that excuse it for looking so damn similar to Overheat in this episode.
    V | Faction

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT
    What's with you guys thinking it's Overheat?! It clearly looks like a Fire Spin(or have you forgotten about Combusken already?), which Growlithe can learn(through breeding anyways).-_-; And Heat Wave looked entirely different from this...this CG is really confusing.

Sorry for the outburst...it's just that it really does look like one of Combusken's Fire Spin attacks.:/
    It looks a lot more like overheat than fire spin. Wakashamo's fire spin doesn't have the flame part in the center, it's hollow.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    Are all of your memories perfect? There's a Hell of a lot of pokemon in the world, I don't mind if Ash has to occasionally check his Pokedex for a little refresher course in pokemon he hasn't encountered for a while...
    *Golden Retriever walks by*
    Hey! That a......umm......uhhhh....well it could be a........errrmmm....it's....kinda....hmmm......let 's see.......it's golden......and.....fufufufufufu.....it.....retrie ves.....things.....oh dammit! I'm going to have to get my Dog Species Book for this one!

That couldn't be anymore over-exaggerated. But the point is, Ash should know Pokemon that he's encountered before. As he seems to have "interesting and memorable" fillers with them.
    Mind you, it's not that Ash forgets what the Pokemon are, it's the writers refreshing our memories [though if you're watching Pokemon you *should* know what an Arcanine is]. In that case, that's why it's good to have May around so she can check the Kanto Pokemon she's never seen before. But she didn't in this episode.

Holy Shiznat! Hold the Phone! Pull Over!
    Gonbe knows Metronome? So does he know Solarbeam, or did he just Metronome it? Or does he know Solarbeam AND Metronome? And if he does, is it the Clefairys who taught him? *explodes*

...it...was...Heat Wave? NUUUUUU!!!! ;o; Heat Wave looked awesome in the League, why did they have to change it to yet another generic firebeam?
    I hope the animators will soon be over their "experiments" with CG, it's annoying, redundant, and out of place. Not to mention the consistency is horrible. Jigglypuff gets a 'super-duper' CG Flamethrower and the next episode Flygon's is back to normal? Doubleyou. Tee. Eff. To the MAX!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken

*Golden Retriever walks by*
    Hey! That a......umm......uhhhh....well it could be a........errrmmm....it's....kinda....hmmm......let 's see.......it's golden......and.....fufufufufufu.....it.....retrie ves.....things.....oh dammit! I'm going to have to get my Dog Species Book for this one!

That couldn't be anymore over-exaggerated. But the point is, Ash should know Pokemon that he's encountered before. As he seems to have "interesting and memorable" fillers with them.
    Mind you, it's not that Ash forgets what the Pokemon are, it's the writers refreshing our memories [though if you're watching Pokemon you *should* know what an Arcanine is]. In that case, that's why it's good to have May around so she can check the Kanto Pokemon she's never seen before. But she didn't in this episode.

Holy Shiznat! Hold the Phone! Pull Over!
    Gonbe knows Metronome? So does he know Solarbeam, or did he just Metronome it? Or does he know Solarbeam AND Metronome? And if he does, is it the Clefairys who taught him? *explodes*

...it...was...Heat Wave? NUUUUUU!!!! ;o; Heat Wave looked awesome in the League, why did they have to change it to yet another generic firebeam?
    I hope the animators will soon be over their "experiments" with CG, it's annoying, redundant, and out of place. Not to mention the consistency is horrible. Jigglypuff gets a 'super-duper' CG Flamethrower and the next episode Flygon's is back to normal? Doubleyou. Tee. Eff. To the MAX!
    Dang, K.C. I don't believe I've seen you act this crazy bef-WHOOOA IS THAT A SKWAILMITTY IN YOUR SIG?!

That's like... on Claypass level.
    V | Faction

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Dang, K.C. I don't believe I've seen you act this crazy bef-WHOOOA IS THAT A SKWAILMITTY IN YOUR SIG?!

That's like... on Claypass level.
    Eeeeeee! Skwailmitty is being compared to the almighty Claypass?
    Well...I'm flattered. Now all we need is Chibi Skwailmitty, Dancing Skwailmitty, and Skwailmitty BBQ Sauce and the franchise will be all set =D!

Blaziken master Guest

I haven't seen this ep yet,but I have a question.Is flygon cool in this episode?

Yay, seen the eppie! Thoughts:

- It was great to be able to see the intro at its proper size; I've been stuck watching a teeny low-quality one up 'til now.

- Cool effects with Arcanine's Extreme Speed. I kept having Matrix flashbacks.

- It is probably not normal to giggle fangirlishly over Drew saying "Shimatta!" quite as much as I did.

- WTF is up with Flygon's voice? I don't remember it being that bad in the Grand Festival. Speaking of which, Squirtle and Mudkip's voices are at least ten times better than Zenigame's and... Mizugi...thing... whatever it's called.[/dubbist pride]

- While I remember, did Drew give any information about the Kanto contests, apart from showing May his ribbon?

- Hmm, TR's boss from the Hoenn League is back. Strange how many of these people just happen to coincidentally turn up in whatever region the twerps have gone to.

- Plenty of amusing scenes in this ep - I liked Ash's rumbling stomach, and Munchlax using Extreme Speed, although it's a bit convenient that it got it through using Metronome. Isn't that attack meant to be random?

- Where did Drew jump down from when May was trying to confront Arcanine? O_o The kid has superpowers, I'm sure of it.

- Wow, Squirtle vs. Flygon was over even sooner than Beautifly vs. Roselia. You know, if May wants to beat Drew, she might do better not to leave all of her strongest Pokemon save Combusken behind, because you can bet that he'll still have Roselia and Masquerain with him.

- AwwwwwwwwwGrowlithepuppies!!!!11 *kawaiiplode*

- Congrats, Drew, you've joined the ranks of the several billion trainers throughout the series to puncture TR's balloon.

- Yay for May/Drew teamwork! They really do work well together. It's interesting how often they're portrayed as equals, skill-wise, whenever they're not battling each other.

- Flygon protecting Squirtle + Squirtle riding on Flygon = CUTENESS.

- There were definite echoes of Now That's Flower Power in this ep. Introduction of Drew and establishment of the May/Drew friendly rivalry... May and Drew competing over a prize of some kind (Bluk berries/Arcanine)... joining forces for a final showdown against TR... Good thing Drew's not in the Saffron contest, or I might think that the writers are recycling their scripts from three years ago.
    Last edited by Jo-Jo; 20th August 2005 at 2:09 PM.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Flipped through the pics. Heres my comments.

-Pecha Berries showcased again. Would it kill the writers to showcase something different like Chesto Berries?

-Arcanine as a pillow for the boss? *Throws Meowth in a Straight Jacket and sends him to the local Hospital*

-Why was Max looking at the Pokenav at the end? They aint near Saffron yet are they?

-No new Pokemon for Drew. Maybe next time.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

seen the episode, wasn't really all that impressed.
    Looks as if there will be 5 ribbons to get into the grand festival again. Since the case drew was holding had 5 spots for ribbons and he has got one already so he needs 4 more. I thnk that's how its going to be.

And im confused as hell too. munchlax knows metronome and solarbeam?
    In the grand festival skitty used assist and solarbeam popped out and ofcourse eveyone was looking at munchlax, but now that i've seen metronome it could've been that all along right????

Blaziken master Guest

I found this ep quite enjoyable{much better than the previous two}.
    I also noticed that flygon's voice was a bit off as well.I liked the music they played when May and Drew are facing off.

I just saw it and well it was a nice episode. The Team Rocket part was funny when they were eating the cake. Looks like Mudkip is getting more time to shine now. I also enjoyed the ending where the music started to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez
    And im confused as hell too. munchlax knows metronome and solarbeam?
    In the grand festival skitty used assist and solarbeam popped out and ofcourse eveyone was looking at munchlax, but now that i've seen metronome it could've been that all along right????
    Uh, no. If Assist had come up with Metronome, Skitty would've actually used Metronome.

Munchlax knows Metronome and Solarbeam, I fail to see what people find so hard to understand about that.

But...anyone care to explain how Metronome just happened to come up with Extremespeed? Especially since it seems that's what May was planning on? So was that Metronome or was it actually Mimic? *looks at Murg*

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

metronome works in the anime always as thr needed attacks I think. Togepi used metronome for teleport several times when the satoshi-tachi needed a teleport out of the danger or it came up with explosion I think in the orange island Butch/cassidy episode to destory the tower.
    I think the writers have found their new assist. But maybe it is Mimic,...?
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez
    Looks as if there will be 5 ribbons to get into the grand festival again. Since the case drew was holding had 5 spots for ribbons and he has got one already so he needs 4 more. I thnk that's how its going to be.
    Just like the badges, consistent. Badges are eight per regions and I guess the ribbons will be five per region...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Geki Guest

I just saw the episode, it was pretty good. It was nice to see Drew again, I thought we would never see him again once the Grand Festival was done, when he left last time, it seemed so final. Flygon VS Squirtle was funny, Flygon used either Wing Attack or Steel Wing and Squirtle started crying to May. It's too bad Drew didn't get one of the Growlithe puppies or the Arcanine, it would be awesome with him. May already has Combusken, and Arcanine/Growlithe doesn't suit her in my opnion.

8/10

Mudkip Master Guest

Drew should have had one of the growlithes he would of trained it good and used it in a contest and probably would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    But...anyone care to explain how Metronome just happened to come up with Extremespeed? Especially since it seems that's what May was planning on? So was that Metronome or was it actually Mimic? *looks at Murg*
    It was ordered as Metronome, it looked like Metronome, and apparently by some amazing coincidence, it just happened to come out as Extremespeed. Rather implausible, but as far as I can tell, that's how it went.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

I was pretty sure that was what happened...thanks.

So I was right all along about the Metronome.

This episode bored me. I couldn't even be bothered to watch the last bit of it. Went back to watching Beat to Death Angel Dokuro-chan and the bit where Dokuro lifts up her nighty. ;/

That's a shame, because the last bit was the best bit. May/Drew tag battle with theme music, y0!

Just out of interest, has the intro music been used in an episode prior to this one this season?

I don't think so.

W00t. I should probably annoy everyone and twist that into a Contestshipping hint somehow.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast