Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Thread: The GLITCH Thread

I have this graphical glitch on my Gold version. It's like the graphical glitch described here, but it isn't triggered by the Coin Case or a Ditto.

It started when I tried to send some mail to my mailbox. It said my mailbox was full, so I went to the PC to get rid of some. However, when I clicked on the mailbox, the game restarted with mesed up colours. It doesn't hurt my game in any way, it just makes me completely unable to every access my mail. :/

Has anyone else ever heard of something like this? I think I've heard of a mailbox glitch before, but I don't think it was like this.

Ive met Oak instead of a normal trainer and i have done the clone glitch several times.

my silver game would always delet my file and then the screen would go black so i took it to my camp out and secretly threw into the fire

my silver kept deleting my game for no reson it wasent corupted i would turn it on and there would not be a countinue game just new game
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    my silver kept deleting my game for no reson it wasent corupted i would turn it on and there would not be a countinue game just new game
    That's not a glitch, your game's internal battery just died. It tells you how to fix it here.

I had a used Crystal, when I first got it, I knew it had to be hacked, it had unobtainable ((by normal means)) Pokemon, includding a lv. 100 Mew, Mewtwo, and Celebi. I restarted it, and everything was normal..until I reached the E4. There, I was training, and I noticed that I had an old mail that I wanted to read again for laughs ((It was directed at my Eevee. I wanted it to evolve into a Umbreon; It's a Flareon)). I opened my mailbox and...*gasp!* it was full of glitch spam mail ((XD)). Plus, there was one letter that made my game freeze everytime I clicked it. I was deteirmed to get rid of this glitch without eraseing my save file. I started to take the mail out, and put it in my bag. I reached that mail that froze the game. The game promptly froze and I restarted it. I went to my mailbox, and to my joy: There is no mail. Came up. BD I got rid of that glitch, and nothing else glitchy happened on my Crystal since.

Name: ToxicBlade
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    Shinies so far:
    MMing for:

In my crystal box 8 has 52 Non existent pokemon and its stuck on night time.....

I had a really wierd glitches on my two silvers
    In the first one
    1. Weird pokemon like missingos sometimes in pc boxes.
    2. Pokemon disappear after left in pc box.
    3.Strange item on the pokemon in pc called murasama.
    4.Level of pokemon are over 100 or under lvl 1 or it has a egg.
    5.If you train one of the pokemon the will keep leveling up there no end one time i left it for about an hour and it was around 400 and it still didn't stop.
    In the second one it had this glitch until i replaced the battery it would say i would had a furret or a random pokemon when i won in the lucky number show when i only had no pokemon in the boxes before and after they said i won.

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Dude,that happened to me,I kept on playing it on my GameboyColor,then one day I played it on GameboyAdvanced,and It let me save my file for one day,Odd right? Plus on my Gold,I found a way to get all 3 starters,Odd too,but helped in the game!

On my old save in Pokemon Gold, I had a pretty funny glitch - on the route where Sudowoodo blocks the road, there are two little girl trainers, the twins, right? Somehow, instead of girls there were two Sudowoodos standing in their place. They weren't glitchy, I was able to talk to them normally, only their appearance was glitched.

On the new save (after changing my internal battery, because it sadly died and took away my old save) I am encountering something like the graphics glitch which is triggered by the coin case. But, what is weird, it just appears without even touching my coin case. Sometimes I just turn on the game, load the save, and after making a few steps game resets with a glitched colors.

I was cloning a Steelix that was level 46 and not shiny with the cheesy in-game traded nickname Rocky holding the dragonbreath TM and it had I think it had iron tail and dig. I forgot the two other moves. What came out was a level 86 shiny Steelix named HERACROSS which had pokerus and a gold berry and an awesome moveset consisting of hyper beam, dragonbreath, surf(???), and iron tail. It caused a few glitches but I stuck with it because it was my first shiny.

About a year ago, I bought a used Silver game at Gamestop--figured that I'd play it to relive my childhood.

I'd get to the point of battling ???, and easily won. I saved, and turned it on later. I started my DS back up, and the only option was "New game".

I imagine that they did some hardcore hacking or something, XD
    Pokemon Black FC: 0733 8611 3451 (Rin)

Pokemon Global Link Username: RinRinWIN

Pokedex Completion: 646/646 (Excluding Genesect, Keldeo, and Meloetta).

Hours played: 215

Looking for a WIN2011 Celebi, and a shiny event Entei--PM me if you're interested.

I have starters from all regions--bred and not hacked. PM if interested.

I love to trade and battle--PM me with your FC if you're up to the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by RinRinWIN View Post
    About a year ago, I bought a used Silver game at Gamestop--figured that I'd play it to relive my childhood.

I'd get to the point of battling ???, and easily won. I saved, and turned it on later. I started my DS back up, and the only option was "New game".

This happens to alot of cartridges, you can't save anymore so you need to replace the internal battery or buy a new Silver .
    My Current Shiny Hunt : .
    Game : Firered
    Current RE's : 201

Quote Originally Posted by RinRinWIN View Post

DS's don't play Gameboy color games, don't they?
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

I think I found a glitch. I bought pokemon Crystal of eBay that had a new battery fitted (Yay) and today when I entered the Bug catching contest that said it was Saturday but it's Tuesday today. I checked thr Pokegear and that said it was Saturday aswell so yeah the day of the week seemed to have glitched up because I'm positive I put the right day in when I started. (I started on a Tuesday) So yeah if that's not a glitch I don't know what is.

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My cousin had a Crystal version, ONCE when we turned it on, there was a lvl 0 Haunter, lvl 0 bulbasaur and something like a ponyta in box 12. But the next time we turned it on it was gone. I remember battling with the bulbasaur, it was a venusaur when in the battle. And it changed lvl all the time

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

Okay, so I tried the "Celebi bad egg glitch" on my Crystal and Stadium 2 today. I transferred everything to Stadium 2 first, in case something should happen to my save file.
    I made 4 good clones of Sneasel. And then I was going to make a bad clone in Stadium 2, but it was harder than I thought. I kept turning it off when it said "saving.." underneath the game boy screen, but all I got was a Sneasel called "MEWTWO", or no Sneasel at all. The last time I tried, I turned it off very late. And when I turned the N64 back on, the Crystal save file was corrupted...

What did I do wrong? Why is it so hard to get a bad clone in Stadium 2? I thought it was supposed to be easy.. -_-
    Now I have to start a new game if I wanna try it again. Bleh.
    ~¤~Ikhana's Pokemon Collection!~¤~
    (UPDATED 01.01.13)

Pearl FC: 3050 5561 7556
    Black FC: 3912 1503 8231
    ~Words create lies. Pain can be trusted.~

I don't know if this was a glitch but last night I was playing Gold and I ran into at least two Spearow who were asleep when the battle began. I never recall running into Pokemon who were asleep before. Is this supposed to happen?
    (template from Jerkfighter)

^I've seen some on Headbutted trees, but never actually on the wild. Maybe it has something to do with time? Or maybe it is a glitch.

I found one recently. I used the walk through walls code, and sometimes after that (I stopped using it), my Electabuzz that I got from the Odd Egg turned shiny. It's like... sometimes he's shiny, sometimes not.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    I don't know if this was a glitch but last night I was playing Gold and I ran into at least two Spearow who were asleep when the battle began. I never recall running into Pokemon who were asleep before. Is this supposed to happen?
    i ran into some sleeping pokemon like hoothoot and spearow while headbutting trees. i think its a normal thing.

anyways, i use a glitch to get all 3 starter pokemon, and to get more of my favorite tm moves!!!

I did the Celebi Trick in my Crystal last year, and it worked perfectly even if I had to reset the game in the middle due to it locking up. I got a Girafarig, as expected, since I was too lazy to catch a Sneasel. The only difference was that I got way more Bad Clones than it should, but whatever.

Today I decided to train my Girafarig. She had Selfdestruct and Psych Up as moves, which is cool. She leveled up until lv.9 when she learned Confusion. Next battle, I got a surprise: With Confusion she learned Blizzard, and it had 40/7 PP.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Found a new one, also because of the Celebi Glitch.

I was with the ?????? that I used on the Trick on my team, because I don't know anyone with a Nintendo 64 or a cheating device do delete it and the daycare was full, with my Shiny Gyarados and an Arbok making eggs.

My team was: A previously hatched egg from the pair, my Hoothoot/Tyrogue hybrid (that can fly :P) and the ??????. I took the egg, and deciding that I wanted do train my Tyrogue, I got my Poliwrath from the Box, flying to Mt. Silver afterwards. I checked my team and my new egg got new garbaged sprite, was Lv.5 and was fainted. His (or, I discovered, her) stats:
    EGG/?????? (Female) (No.255)
    Normal/Normal
    My Trainer name and OT number
    No Sprite.
    Learned Wrap, Leer and Bite.

She couldn't be healed at the pokémon center, so after a revive, I battled with her. She acted normally, and even gained levels.

It kinda makes me remember that Pomeg Glitch with an egg from GenIII...
    Last edited by soulpaw; 20th July 2012 at 9:12 PM.

Not sure if this counts since the glitch occurred on a partially translated ROM that was out there before the English version was released, but the glitch is so funny that I just have to share it with you (if it's not on here already)

On that specific ROM when you go to fight Erika at the Celadon Gym, in her team of 6, she had 4 typical grass type Pokemon, but then her 5th Pokemon was a Lvl 127 Octillery. I almost had a heart attack when I saw it!

After many attempts I finally manipulated the game enough to knock it out, and then came her 6th Pokemon, a lvl 4 Rattata!

Some guy uploaded a video talking about it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSsy9dXQ6iQ

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    If you used Headbutt, yes, it's supposed to happen. Only Hoothoots are awake if you Headbutt at night, I believe.
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

I just noticed yesterday that the berries are not growing in my crystal version game. It's been a few days since I started playing and no berries. I got the first ones but now they won't grow. I've never had this problem before.

Default Japanese Glitch?

I had the Japanese version of this before the English came out and in it, it would not let me past the town where you get the first gym badge unless I had caught a certain amount of Pokemon. I would talk to the guy and he would not let me through even though I had the badge. After evolving enough Pokemon and catching all that I could within the three towns.

I have always wanted to ask this. I do not even remember if it made me do this again the second time I played.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast