Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sitting Psyduck (417)

I liked this episode. I t was a nice, cute and funny episode which is enoug for me to like it. Meowth´s fantasies are getting better everytime they start XD The "commercial guy"-voice in meowth´s fantasy was just great ^^
    You could say that this episode was a better version of the jotho snubble-one.

and, Iveechan. I thought you would find the scene in which the machoke-line are kneeling in a line in front of their trainer cute..they weren´t bullies in this episode.

Oh, and...I like this psyduck better than kasumi´s.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Little_Munkki Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa
    I liked this episode. I t was a nice, cute and funny episode which is enoug for me to like it. Meowth´s fantasies are getting better everytime they start XD The "commercial guy"-voice in meowth´s fantasy was just great ^^
    You could say that this episode was a better version of the jotho snubble-one.

and, Iveechan. I thought you would find the scene in which the machoke-line are kneeling in a line in front of their trainer cute..they weren´t bullies in this episode.

Oh, and...I like this psyduck better than kasumi´s.
    I thought all Psyducks in general were like Misty's. I like this one better, too, because it's not friggin' retarded as Misty's Psyduck is.

Edit: Just saw the rest of the ep pictures. Meowth's fantasy and the human pinball scenes were the best out of the whole ep. But I've noticed,except for in urban locations, characters use things like old-style-looking limos, or, like in this ep, Rapidash-drawn carriages alot instead of more modern forms of transportation. I find that a bit odd considering everything else in the series is up-to-date or hi-tech SOTA

Awesome fan-art and fan-fiction, Iveechan. Is Hitmonchan your fav pokemon? You used it a bunch in the pokemon & trainer section...
    Last edited by Little_Munkki; 28th August 2005 at 9:30 AM.

About time stereotypes are broken.

I think it's about time a female trainer gets a Machop in the anime not to mention seeing the evo line not being portrayed as bad guys and such. I am sick of seeing them like that. Also it's a treat for me to see them together like this.

And also I am glad the Psyduck isn't portrayed as retarded (like Misty's).
    Don't forget to check out My Deviant Art Gallery
    (Warning: some of my artwork may NOT be suitable for minors. Viewer discretion is advised!)

C'mon, everybody let's do the chicken dance!!
    (Animated GIF courtesy of Naruto-kun.com)

Kakashi is LOVE!! <3 Credit goes to Sharingan

Quote Originally Posted by MachopGirl
    About time stereotypes are broken.

I think it's about time a female trainer gets a Machop in the anime
    Shinobu/Shauna could've easily had a Machop. Maybe she did all along, or maybe she does by now.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I'll agree that Sweet Honey Koduck-chan was a helluva lot cuter than Kasumi's Koduck, however, I think it wins the award for cheapest Rocket battle of all ti.... nah, too far.... cheapest Rocket battle in AG.

Sure, it's good that Masato was telling Adzumi what orders to give, so it wasn't exactly as bad as most other trainers we've seen who never battled before in their lives and still do good against Rocket Dan. However... those who have the video, I suggest you check this out for yourselves (still screens aren't gonna get the same results, obviously).... at one point, Habunake is ordered to use Poison Tail, but rather than simply slam its tail on the ground like most times, Habunake is frantically whipping it all over the place. Koduck, as typical of most protagonists in a Rocket battle, dodges. However, do you wanna hear how it dodges? It waddles IN A FRIGGIN STRAIGHT LINE! Well, not exactly straight as it turned right about halfway in, but it was still going straight for most of it. Come the f*** on, Habunake isn't so bad that it could be moving very rapidly and still able to miss that easy of a target. And Koduck has absolutely no experience with battling, so I ask you, where the hell did that thing get Hydro Pump? Regarded as one of the most powerful water-type techniques in the anime and therefor difficult to acquire. Satoshi's Lapras didn't have it, Satoshi's Waninoko didn't have it, pretty much all of Kasumi's Pokemon didn't have it, and it took Satoshi's Zenigame until half way into the Orange Islands to learn it. So again, I ask, where the hell did that Koduck's Hydro Pump come from? For that matter, Adzumi never battled with her Koduck before, so how does she even know what techniques it could use in the first place.

Yeah, these filler characters who never used to appreciate using their Pokemon for battle are the ones which annoy me the most, because they just end up becoming so cheap in the end and degrading poor Rocket Dan even further than they already are. Though, I will give Adzumi and Sweet Honey Koduck-chan some credit for being rather cute characters overall, but that cheap win against Rocket Dan sickens me too much to care.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Geki Guest

It wasn't that good of a filler. It had some cool parts, I liked the part when James sarcastically said ''You don't like hanging from a tree like a Metapod?'', I also liked when Ash and the gang were being controlled by TR and being thrown around in those little bumper car things, it reminds me of Kirby Air Ride. But I didn't like how they never mentioned Misty having a Psyduck...

6/10

I heard some new dub music, at the beginning, and at the Grass Slides and Pinball scenes, pretty good too.

Misty's Psyduck must've been special ED, cause this one was alot better at battling.

The James sliding down the hill scene reminds me of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...

Is it just me or did Psyduck's move set sound ALOT like the move sets on rental Pokemon from Stadium.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Yawn. This is like the fourth time they've named a girl Emily. Kinda like how there's been about five girls named Mary. Since her original name was Adumi, I thought Adeline would have been a sweet dub name. Get more original, 4Kids (in the 5 episodes you still can, heh).

But like I said, yawn. I know people like to rag on the Butterfree ep for being sacrificial for a lenghtened Hoenn League, but personally, I think this one is more boring. I like how the Machop line was repeatedly referred to as the Superpower Pokemon, but otherwise...
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I liked the episode. It was pretty good. My favorite parts were when James keep challenging Meowth while he was explaining one of his boss fantasy dreams. James should challenge Meowth on his boss dreams more often!

I also liked the pinball part. Weirdly enough, it reminds me how I used to play a lot of that space pinball thingy in my computer a lot because I would try to get a higher score then my sister. (She's a much better player then me).

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

this episode was pretty good. Funny when James kept saying ,"I don't get it," to Meoth's fantasy ideas. it was also funny when James went "sledding" down the hill. But it was weird how Meowth actually wanted to fight...
    For a filler: 9/10

Meowth's boss idea's got me laughing.

Wow, goes to show you I should never pass off episodes without seeing them myself. With all the bad flak toward this episode I thought I wasn't missing anything, but it was pretty good. I enjoyed it more than the Kingdom of Onix and the Jigglypuff one.

I am extremely partial to Machamp, so seeing the whole line battle was extremely cool. The emphasis on Phanpy was great as well, it really hasn't done much training since it was back on Ash's team. I also liked the practice battle it had with May and Squirtle.

The pinball stuff was amusing, and the most far out Boss fantasies ever.

One of the best parts of the episode was Max telling Emily how to attack. It shows that Max watching Ash and May battle all this time wasn't for nothing, and he's picked up many battle strategies himself. Good character development for Max.

Yeah, this episode was kind of a re-thread of the "rich girl pampers Pokemon" storyline, but all the side stuff was really good.

I have no idea why people hate this episode, it's your standard good filler with some character development for Max and Phanpy.

This episode was okay. Cool seeing Psyduck, and the way it started the episode off being chased (at first seeming a bit random) was hilarious.

Of course, this episode was VERY similar to Snubble Snobbery, where a rich girl keeps her little Pokemon inside all the time with her riches instead of letting it play outside, and then she learn to battle with it. They even had Brock be the first to slowly realize what was wrong. :/

7/10.

Eh, pretty good episode, although it screamed filler. The dub title didn't really make sense. It wasn't exactly a sitting "Psyduck" (ahem) and it seemed quite capable of getting away from the Riki family. For a while. But Kodakku's Depression works much better for me. Happy.

It was nice to have another "moral" episode instead of one of those Satoshi-tachi-hepls-some-nice-person-do-something-and-Roketto-dan-interrupts-and-Pikachuu-blasts-them-off-and-they-live-happily-ever-after-or-something-like-that ones that get really old really fast. My only complaint was that it was too much of a filler after too many fillers. AND there are more on the way (although Nyuura and Bariyaado! Which Restaraunt?! does look fun).

I liked how Wanriki, Goriki and Kairiki changed from the villains to the sort of good guys through the episode. It was an interesting plot twist, and although they've pulled it several times throughout AG it still was a bit different this time. And I personally never get tired of the spoiled-rich-kid thing even though it was a bit like Buruu's Magnificent Life.

*sigh* Just once I'd like to seen an episode without any amazing adventures or battles.

EDIT: Hooray for my 700th post!

I'd give it an 8/10 too bad we have more fillers though and new no more new ones. <<

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    I have no idea why people hate this episode, it's your standard good filler with some character development for Max and Phanpy.
    I'll show you what I have against this episode.

[IMG]....um..... could someone make an animated gif of that Poison Tail part, pretty please? I don't know how to make them, myself.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 29th May 2006 at 2:42 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Oh, the part were Psyduck doesn't some Matrix style moves to avoid the rapid fire poison tail? Yeah, how could a Pokemon that's never battled do that? Unless there's something to Psyduck we don't know.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see the Defense Curl+Rollout combo. Psyduck was awesome and so was the TC. THe part with James testing the sled and the Boss fantasies were all hilarious.

I must say I found this episode to be extremely boring. Truely a filler
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    So again, I ask, where the hell did that Koduck's Hydro Pump come from? For that matter, Adzumi never battled with her Koduck before, so how does she even know what techniques it could use in the first place.
    She's rich. The Psyduck was probably specially bred by one of the world's top breeders, or something like that.

-Nice leadup to     Spoiler:

-Loved the scene where Cacnea was all "bring it on!" to Psyduck. The Boss fantasies and the sledding/pinball scenes were great too.

-Character development for Max, shows he's picked up a lot from watching Ash and May battle.
    Last edited by Geodude; 29th May 2006 at 11:03 PM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Geodude, uh Spoiler Tag?

Glad too see the Machop family in a good light for once, as well.

I actually thought the episode was pretty good. It seemed like it was a filler tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    -Loved the scene where Cacnea was all "bring it on!" to Psyduck. The Boss fantasies and the sledding/pinball scenes were great too.
    Oh, right! I almost forgot about the Sabonea scene. That had to be one of the best scenes in the episode. All of the ones you listed, actually.

Hmmm I wasn't too crazy about it, but I liked the episode! I loved the sled part. Then the Defense Curl+Rollout Combo was pretty neat. Espically Grovyle at the end! Like omigosh! Yeah, it was pretty cool episode 8.2/10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast