Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Communication (PG-13)

Very nice chapter. Sikes. Very descritive as well. That was a nice twist you threw in about Solenn leaving and such. Keep up the good works Sikes!
    Come March 9th, get ready to rock!

Flying Tropius Guest

Nice chapter great I feel sorry for Morgan.....I hate people who steal pkmn

This fic is just so cool, I can hardly put it into words. Oy. Reviewer's block. XD

Plot's going well, nothing seems to be out of place…and I just love Xi's personality, it's precious. XD Plus there's the hammer thing. XD

Description is just wonderful, I can imagine everything from just the word choice.

One thing that is kind of bugging me—the term "cryokinesis." Cryo- means cold, not ice, and therefore denotes a much wider scope of abilities. Not that it's a big thing that would necessitate complete revision(*shudder*), just found that strange.

No logistical errors that I could find, and that happens to be my specialty. So, you're cleared in the logic department.
    Quote Originally Posted by MayuZane
    There is nothing noble about dragons. They're basically magical dinosaurs.

At least they're great for surfing.
    lol, applicability.

Wes: Well, I just liked the idea of throwing in a little curveball rather than just letting the story unfold as a linear contest fic. X3

Flying Tropius: Yes, people who steal pokémon suck.

Wondrous Sableye:
    One thing that is kind of bugging me—the term "cryokinesis." Cryo- means cold, not ice, and therefore denotes a much wider scope of abilities.
    It does, indeed, and such is the case here. Ice is emphasized here because glalie are depicted here as one of several embodiments of ice as an elemental power. However, by no means are glalie restricted to freezing just water or anything else. They can freeze a wide variety of things; for example, they can (and do) freeze the flesh and blood of living creatures. They can also cool things down without freezing them. In addition, they can keep things from freezing (Solonn actually has done this a couple of times here, including in this chapter), and can even go so far as to melt or vaporize things (though I would imagine glalie wouldn't want to make a habit of going around and raising temperatures ).

Basically, though, I should state that I prefer to treat pokémon powers more as "magic" than as anything based on actual science or pseudoscience. This is for the same reason I will not intentionally reference real cultures or religions--I would sincerely rather not write about what I don't know, because that's the kind of thing will just get your *** handed to you every time. X3;

Glad you like Xi, btw. He's one of my favorites among my characters, too. ^^
    Last edited by Sike Saner; 14th April 2009 at 6:21 AM.

Current Chapter: Chapter 18 – Remnants

COMPLETE
    Communication banner: Saffire Persian | TOoS banner: CHeSHiRe-CaT

I LOVE YOU.

Sableye is one of my personal favorites, and I hardly ever see him. I loved that part when he's trying to throw fruit at Solonn. XDDD

But oh god, I feel so horrible for Morgan now. T_T I don't know if you intend on recovering the other Pokemon to be part of the story, but nonwithstanding....poor girl. >: As always, you handled her grief quite impeccably.

Bravo! *bows* Oh, and I have a question; how long do Glaile usually live? (your Glaile characters)

Scrap: Sableye are ****ing adorable; I know it, you know it. X3 *hugs Xi and then hugs you* And the fruit-throwing is one of my favorite moments, too.

Average lifespan of glalie (in the context of my stories): approximately 135 years for males, approximately 150 years for females.
    Last edited by Sike Saner; 14th April 2009 at 6:25 AM.

COMPLETE

*grins and gets out her chainsaw* LET'S SLICE SOME SABLEYE! Oh wait a sec. It's a ghost pokemon. Dammit.

Excellent chapter Sike. I am so filled with fury right now that I think I might burst. ^_^ DAMN THOSE THIEVES! I hate both of those stupid pokemon! Especially that Sableye...*manic grin*

Two Morgans? OH PLOTLINES. Or maybe I'm just confused. It was a confusing, (yet so intriguing) ending. I can't wait to see what happens next!

I spotted like, two grammar mistakes, but who really gives. I especially liked your description of the hold Mean Look had on Solonn. And of Morgan's grief. That was heart wrenching. T_T That poor girl...I really hate pokemon thieves right now.

Geez, I'm a bit pushed for time here, so I'll add more later!

All in all, a lovely chapter, with a great intro of some new characters. I look forward to the next one!

-
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/5bxx86.png[/IMG]
    they see me rollin'
    they hatin'

Typhlogirl:
    Two Morgans? OH PLOTLINES. Or maybe I'm just confused. It was a confusing, (yet so intriguing) ending.
    :3 Oh, yes. That. *evil grin* That just was not nice of me, now was it? ^^ So. Two Morgans. Why the hell are there two Morgans?

Why indeed.
    Last edited by Sike Saner; 14th April 2009 at 6:26 AM.

COMPLETE

There aren't two Morgans, I'm sure of it. After all if there are two Morgans, then you're doing a major Lost cameo thing there. I'm voting on Sableye mind tricks there. Especially since the father was a Ghastly, and based on that old episode of the tv show...

Anyways, there's a theory, and besides hating Xi with every last ounce of hatred for a character from a story in me, I really liked the chapter. And that's all I have to say the subject.
    Theives suck,
    Is all the innocence of once seen gone? Can it ever truly be recovered? Fighting to the end, will the shadows always overcome? Or will the flames of the past reclaim their lost goals?

Still here, still a lurker; as always.

kaizer63: With regards to the "Mystery of the Two Morgans"... I will say that some of the clues that would likely be needed to discern what has happened here are present within this chapter--just some. I would say that a couple of pieces can be put in their right place now. We just don't have all the pieces yet.

Aren't I kind.

And heh, if you hate Xi here, you would have abhorred the old version--he was all that he is here, and also crass to boot. Bleah. X3; In revision, I opted instead for a less nasty version. But yeah, shame on him. He could use a spanking.

...That sounded so wrong. XD;
    Last edited by Sike Saner; 14th April 2009 at 6:29 AM.

COMPLETE

D: I dun get a cookie cause I dun know where the title came from. *munches on sock lint* ;.;

D: KAY SOOOOOO. Very sad chapter Sike! What was up with this chapter? MADE ME GO; AWWWWWWWWWWWWx100 to the second power. I am so not kidding.

LIKE THIS:

“Oh…” Morgan’s tears began to fall even harder in a fresh surge. “God…no, I’m sure you weren’t…God, I just feel awful!” She broke into sobs so violent that they barely allowed her to breathe.
    ;-; Not nearly the saddest of the lot, but still sad.

*sigh* NO, I MUST PERSEVRE! *climbs to shaft of light* *sexplode*

:O Oh well. Back to square one. :P

I, actually, REALLY LIKE XI. Just annoys the crap out of me for some reaons. :O Weird...

Oh wells, LUFF LUFF TO YOU DAHHHLING!

*hug*

*and sock lint*

:3
    My Author Website

First book sold to Viking/Penguin! ^^

.__relive the legend__.

I liked this chapter, because it really revitalized this fic. It was getting boring. Then, BOOM! You drop this insane chapter upon us.
    Well, I thought it was highly implausible that Sei could be taken down by common thieves. These were made out to be common thieves, but there's something fishy about the Amazing Talking Glalie poster.
    Another thought I had about this is that     Spoiler:

Here's another strange thing. “Xi’s eyes don’t lie, and he showed me exactly what they showed him.” Eyes? It must be what Xi saw, then, right?
    But that contradicts the sign. So the sign is fake. Why else would they want Solonn? Is it his size?
    “A non-issue, as I stated during our first meeting"
    This Mr. Saller seems to have considerable power, if the police do not trouble him. Hmmmm.....
    “He was using that technique to keep you within a certain distance of him…until I hit him in the head with this. ”
    A hammer would go right through a Sableye, as it's part Ghost. But poor Solonn doesn't know that.
    “That way just leads into another part of the building.
    She seems to have uncanny knowledge of the building, though it could just be me being paranoid.
    Solonn uttered a low, sorrowful hiss. He hadn’t even noticed that Sei had been home the whole morning…he supposed he must have been to engrossed in his practice to be aware of her.
    Poor, gullible Solonn.
    I don't know where this is going, but I do know know two things:
    The person who "rescued" Solonn was not Morgan, but rather a clever imposter, or something similar(there are a wide range of Sci-Fi explanations);
    Mr. Saller does not want to use Solonn as a sideshow attraction.
    A conjecture I'd like to make, though I may be wrong, is that none of Morgan's Pokemon were kidnapped, except for Solonn.
    Great work, overall. I like the freaky twisted Mystery of the Two Morgans.
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

xXSaberXx: Aww. *hugs* Well, I had worried that the drama would come across as cheesy, but I guess it's going over okay after all. Meh, but I'll probably always think my drama is cheesy. (But not as cheesy as my action. X3; )

I guess there's just something about annoying characters that can make them inexplicably likable... X3 But, again, the old version of Xi? Probably not likable at all. XD; Yeah, you'd have probably wanted to ring his scrawny little neck, I imagine. X3

Er... thanks for the sock lint. XD

Infinite Master Sceptile: Aww, poo, it was getting boring? X3 Meh, but it was time for something plotty. The parts before it were, in a way, kind of meant to induce a false sense of security; they were meant to lead one to believe that this was going to be a linear contest fic. And then this happens. :3

*impressed smile* Let it be said that you are certainly very well suited to seeking clues. Yes, indeed... Now, as to whether or not I shall confirm or deny any of the speculations you've drawn from said clues... I shall not. *cruel smile*
    Last edited by Sike Saner; 14th April 2009 at 6:32 AM.

COMPLETE

Chaos Absol Guest

*cries*Everyone already said everything.I believe in the theory that it was Xi who was the Morgan that Solonn met.Also, if you look at XI sideways it looks like a face.Lol.I absoloutly hate pokemon robbers even more now.I mean if someone trained a pokemon to Lv.100, and it was stolen, that would be very unfair.*gives you a Reese's Peanutbutter Cup*I like absol and Sableeye as my favorite poke, and you described sableye how I would expect one to act.Nosy and irrative.Like me.

Cya next Chappie!

metal_chimaera Guest

Wooow... Certainly adds a twist here, doesn't it.
    Okay, so the one thing that caught my attention (in matter of spelling and all) was that at some point you mentioned Solonn as a "she" but meh, not that serious. Besides, I could as well have misread...
    About the "out-of-place"... That Sableye was freakishly wierd... Really, it's scary, but hilarious at the same time. Imagine someone just comes into your backyard and starts throwing fruits at you, and then starts climbing on your head... Oh well, I really liked that part. And that banner ("talking Glalie...") struck me as out of place after that whole dramatization... I figured it would be something bbigger than just a stupid show...
    Also, I didn't really get the biMorgan-plot-revelation at the end, but I when we first saw Morgan in that building I suspected her of being a fake... An idea which eventually I abandonned because it sounded to paranoid.
    Last speculation. That guy, the "ultimate bad guy"-guy, is there any chance he'd be DeLeo or is he just exclusively an "Origin of Storms" character?
    Now onto the compliments... Great fic, good chapter etc... And nice cliff-hanger at the end BTW. And I like the twist this Chapter brings to the fic.
    See you and take care
    metal_chimaera

Chaos Absol: Seeing approval of Xi from someone who favors sableye above nearly all others rocks. ^^ And thanks for the Reese's. :3

metal_chimaera:
    And that banner ("talking Glalie...") struck me as out of place after that whole dramatization... I figured it would be something bbigger than just a stupid show...
        Spoiler:

Oh, and...

Spoiler:

XD Yeah... if someone randomly showed up and decided it would be fun to pester me for a while, I'd get pretty ****ed off. X3
    Last edited by Sike Saner; 3rd June 2009 at 1:51 AM.

COMPLETE

ehehehe*now sews a sableye doll to add to collection*

I love YOU! Sableye and his fruit. hehe

Again, I love it. I must compliment you on comedy. YAY!*Gives a Maxie cookie and a Elm cupcake*

As always, be kind to the mime.
    ~*Pair- Typhlogirl*~
    [CENTER]
    *~Currently Reading TWILIGHT!~*

Brilliant job as usual, Sikes. I only spotted one spelling mistake but whatever.

Despite that, the actions were beautifully described, the length was proper bo’ (No street pun intended), the characters are something else (especially that Sableye), and I liked the suspense in the end a lot.

Speaking of suspense…
    Morgan Yorke returned to her home, listlessly casting the light jacket she was wearing onto a nearby chair as she passed through the living room. Her mind was somewhat distant after such a long, difficult day. Out of habit, she made her way straight to the back door, to the backyard where she had shared so many hours with the Glalie who had become one of her best friends. A sickening pang struck her at once as the door opened upon the empty space near the Sitrus tree where he should have been.

“Oh…my God…Where is he?!” she cried.
    Okay, I’ve checked the other guy’s opinions and I’m going to agree. I was going to say two Morgans myself and that one of them is a Ditto… but I can’t help but wonder why the ‘fake’ Morgan saved Solonn.

Rating (So far): 5/5

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (Continue or Reboot? That is the question.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Klaus: How many Xi fans does this make now? Awesome.

Brian Powell:
    I can’t help but wonder why the ‘fake’ Morgan saved Solonn.
    All I will say about that is that salvation means different things to different people...

COMPLETE

I finally got done with my homework and snuck on the comp to review. =D

So, very interesting chapter. I wonder what Daron's boss (well, it seemed like the guy was his boss) wanted with Morgan's other pokemon.. It was already revealed they wanted to use poor Solonn in a stupid money-making tent thinger.

Xi scares me.. It's strange how he can see the secrets pokemon hide by looking at them intently in the eyes.. He really creeps me out. O_O;

Poor Morgan.. I hope she gets her pokemon back.. I'm still confused about the fake Morgan thing.

Anyway, no need for me to comment on the length, description, grammar, and everything else that goes with reviewing, because it's excellent as always. ^^
    FC: 3797-7369-0001 Ice type:

Flying Tropius Guest

What fake Morgan? I see no fake Morgan. where?
    quote highlight please

metal_chimaera Guest

Hehe... I should've expected you wouldn't be so short-minded...
    Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter, I'm really starting to see a big plot coming up... Not that I didn't expect that though...
    Last edited by metal_chimaera; 20th November 2005 at 7:49 PM.

ah yes, now that im back at SPPF i immediatley wanted to see what sike had been up to, and when i found out he was writing another story i read it and....ITS GREAT. not as epic in scope as the origin of storms, but its definitley getting there. very twisty too, im expecting DeLeo to come into play somehow for some reason, cause you have to tie this in with the old concept of evilness and all. your hands down the most talented fanfic writer ive ever read, and you put the novel im writing to shame. *big shiny fangirl eyes*
    Last edited by intergalactic platypus; 23rd November 2005 at 5:05 PM.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/zxvtg.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Dark Latios:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Latios
    So, very interesting chapter. I wonder what Daron's boss (well, it seemed like the guy was his boss) wanted with Morgan's other pokemon.. It was already revealed they wanted to use poor Solonn in a stupid money-making tent thinger.
        Spoiler:

Flying Tropius:
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Tropius
    What fake Morgan? I see no fake Morgan. where?
    quote highlight please
    Okay…

Morgan Yorke returned to her home, listlessly casting the light jacket she was wearing onto a nearby chair as she passed through the living room. Her mind was somewhat distant after such a long, difficult day. Out of habit, she made her way straight to the back door, to the backyard where she had shared so many hours with the glalie who had become one of her best friends. A sickening pang struck her at once as the door opened upon the empty space near the sitrus tree where he should have been.

“Oh… my God… Where is he?!”
    Wait, what does she mean, “where is he?” Doesn’t she know? Wasn’t she just talking to him?

Wasn’t she?…

metal_chimaera: Oh yes, something’s coming. That’s all I’ll say about that right now…

buttersgirl: Ah, it’s you again. ^^ Welcome back. I know how much of a fan you were of The Origin of Storms, and so I do hope that this one can live up to its predecessor in your shiny, fangirl eyes.

So, just how do the events in this story tie in to the events of The Origin of Storms? Time may tell…
    Last edited by Sike Saner; 14th April 2009 at 6:39 AM.

COMPLETE

Hmm. The plot certainly thickens. A masterfully woven tale of intrigue and suspense. My thoughts? The 'Rescue Morgan' was a fake for several reasons - she claimed Sei was at home after all and she supposedly knocked a ghost type out with a solid object. Her whole story struck me as fake. That is all I have to say, apart from that the entire fic is brilliantly written. Congratulations.

Piney.
    I wish you peace and love. God bless us all.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast