Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hail to the Chef (418)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Question, did Chimecho actually use a new attack? On some other screen shots it looks like the Fire Spin/Water Gun combo was stopped by a small energy shield. Then we see Chimecho, and James crying over something. So did Chimecho use an attack or did Mudkip/Combusken's attack simply somehow not reach those final few inches to the balloon?
    It was just the attacks not being able to reach that far.

This episode was a laugh riot. My favorite part was when Mr. Mime prepared food for the gang and made it into a big show. I would have liked to have seen Ash walk into a Light Screen wall, though. There's nothing quite like some good ol' fashioned mime humor.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    I still insist that showcasing both Mr. Mime and Sneasel in the same episode was far too evil of a teaser, but this looks like it was the best filler of the arc so far, mainly because it tried NOT to be serious. We need these types of comedy episodes more often, like the Claydol one.

[img135]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/418/AG275.jpg[/img135]

Gotta be one of the best motto scenes ever.

Well, Magcargo's only supposed to be 2'07", and it was a friggin' giant.
    Well, to me it just didn't look right. Look at Harrison's Sneasel, Sneasel comes up to his knee; and this Sneasel was as tall as it's Trainer!
    It just was not right at all. I mean, what if that Sneasel evolved in that episode, Manyula would be as tall as Blaziken!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    -While TR are helping Sneasel's fashion and Putting-On-A-Show technqiue. We see Jessie with a huge block of ice, (Heh, she sure loves them. XD) and tells Sneasel to make a statue out of it. Hilariously, it does, and it stands proud for all to see... until the camera pans back and we see how damned small it is. XD James has a magnefying glass. XD
    It was supposed to be small. It was all part of them teaching Sneasel how to have "the look" like Mr. Mime's meals did. Mr. Mime had a little ice statue as a centerpiece, so they were getting Sneasel to make one too.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Well, Magcargo's only supposed to be 2'07", and it was a friggin' giant.
    You talking about that Johto episode? It was meant to be big in that episode.
    Besides, the drawings aren't always perfect, and some pokemon can be bigger than others.

I actually thought this was a good episode, one of the good episodes of the Battle Frontier.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

jynx Guest

Why on earth does Mr. Mime have so much appearances? (And why Delia have to keep it?)

I doubt its popular in Japan! (The creators like it? Or what?)

Mr. Mime is actually a rarely seen Poke, not counting Delia's of course. I can't remember the last time we've seen a Mr. Mime that didn't belong to Ash's mom. Since all that Mr. Mime does is sweep the floors and clean dishes all day, it is nice to see another one have a major role for once.

from the pics this ep looks amazing!
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I still insist that showcasing both Mr. Mime and Sneasel in the same episode was far too evil of a teaser
    They didn't seem to really be "showcasing" the pokemon... this episode could've worked just as well with any number of pokemon being used.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Scyther vs Electabuzz! Which Restaurant? Lol

BTw, that irishy music that played when Brock was training Mr.Mime and TR were training Sneasel rocked!

Ethereal Guest

I just saw this ep. I'm surprised that it was actually a very entertaining episode. It was funny and interesting. There were also plenty of avatar worthy moments in the ep...Particularly from Meowth and Sneasel...

i'd say the episode was awesome........ with Sneasel and Mr.Mime's cooking challenge or whatever
    the episode made me laugh a lot of times......... also everything seemed interesting....... if i were to rate it........... it would be a 10/10

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Ashfan17 Guest

Saw the pictures looks very funny surprisingly lol Meowth has another rival poor Meowth lol. He looked scary in some screen shots really evil in others and I liked some of the Brock/Meowth interactions I'd like more please. Over all from what it looked like very funny.

Does anyone agree with me that Sneasel looked way too big in this episode!?
    Last edited by Addydo; 6th September 2005 at 9:23 AM.

I think this episode is great, the competition between Sneasel and Mr.Mime is funny.

I didn't understand the ending. Was it Mr.Mime who won the contest? Nobody got to try thier food until then end but that was when both Pokemon were together.

Angry

Come on people, doesn't anyone agree with me that Sneasel Looked way too big in this episode!? Anyone?
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

jynx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Mr. Mime is actually a rarely seen Poke, not counting Delia's of course. I can't remember the last time we've seen a Mr. Mime that didn't belong to Ash's mom. Since all that Mr. Mime does is sweep the floors and clean dishes all day, it is nice to see another one have a major role for once.
    Anyway...nothing is as overatted as Pikachu...

Actually, I think Delia can have other Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
    I didn't understand the ending. Was it Mr.Mime who won the contest? Nobody got to try thier food until then end but that was when both Pokemon were together.
    Yeah, Mr. Mime won. Sneasel and its trainer gave up the restaurant and were about to leave, but her sister asked her to stay. So they ended up combining their talents. Sneasel was the chef who stayed in the background and actually cooked the food, while Mr. Mime used its psychic and creative abilities to put everything together and put on a show for the customers.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Addydo
    Come on people, doesn't anyone agree with me that Sneasel Looked way too big in this episode!? Anyone?
    It was only a bit taller than Meowth, and a little over half the height of its trainer (not counting the feather on its head). Seems to me quite reasonable that it was fairly normal sized and the Mr. Mime wasn't fully grown or simply a small one.

But we should know by now that the anime Pokemon don't follow the game sizes explicitly. Just like with real animals there are average sizes, maximun sizes, minimun sizes and everything in between. Most nile crocodiles don't reach more than 15 feet long but some get over 20 feet long, you get my drift?

Heck look at what we've been shown. Ash's Noctowl is small for its kind (though Noctowls in general are smaller in the anime than in the games), we've seen Onix that grow larger than normal in areas where there is more food, an island of giant Rhydon and Pidgeot, not to mention the small size of the Dunsparce in their Johto episode (either they were babies or a pygmy population or made small for the anime reality as the games say they are around five feet long).

Just got around to watching this the other day, and I thought it was very good. The cooking contest was a unique idea, and there was a fair amount of comedy packed in there as well. And as if that wasn't enough, Resu and Toran were both really cute. ;D

Overall quite an entertaining episode.
    Last edited by Heracross; 9th September 2005 at 1:11 AM.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    It's odd how simply wearing a black outfit made one twin (Resu) seem so much more attractive than the other twin (Toran).
    Well, by not wearing pink, she seems less like a stereotype. The fact that she's not as focused as her sister on making everything look pretty is another stereotype-killer. Plus, in my personal opinion, Nyula's just a way cooler Pokemon than Bariyard, and I'm glad to see that others preferred Resu as well.

Considering they blew their chance to showcase Manyula and Manene, I really get the feeling that these characters will show up again sometime soon. The way Nyaasu seemed to have a changed opinion about Nyula near the end, as well as that look Nyula gave him before popping the balloon, seem as though they might be hinting at possible foreshadowing.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Blaziken master Guest

Resu looks so Damned hot in that cute little maid's dress!Yowch!

Tetsuya-san Guest

It's actually no surprise that Brock flirted over both of them, and flamed at Team Rocket angrily. The dinner references in this were very amusing, and having Max standing there while Brock was shaking his hand rather than Resu's was over-the-top. I laughed at Max's glasses. o.o;

I actually thought the Sneasel might have started out liking Meowth at first. The was it was looking at him seemed like someone with a crush. And Jessie did make it seem like the Sneasel was a girl later on.

actually, I'm pretty sure Nyula was a male. It sounded slightly masculine, and I noticed Nyaasu translated some of its dialogue using "ore-sama" (an extremely arrogant first-person form used by males.... although, females do use it, but in extremely rare cases).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast