Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hail to the Chef (418)

I was thinking of Iron Chef during their cooking contest. They should have called it Iron Chef Pokemon or something...

Rhoda (or Rhonda?) said "Gonna kick some butt". Gee, first time I've heard that expression used on Pokemon. But then, I wouldn't have expected them to use the word "god" or the phrase "battle of the sexes", either.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I was thinking of Iron Chef during their cooking contest.
    Me too. That was interesting.

Anyway, this episode was funny. Took me a while to realize there were two different girls, though (couldn't put two and two together, I guess). They were interesting, though. Pretty unique voices, too. Nice to see Sneasel and Mr. Mime     Spoiler:- Regarding Sneasel and Mr. Mime:
    And I liked the plot of the episode. Very original, unlike the last episode's. >_>

I loved seeing everyone's reactions to their food. XD

Meowth taking forever to join in the motto was hilarious.

James (paraphrased): "You're the one who begged for that line!" XD

7/10.

What was Meowth's line again?

I really quite liked that episode much better then last week's episode. Really funny. My favorite part was when Meowth keep getting mad at Sneasel's remarks. I also liked how everyone's reaction to the food too. And yes, I was thinking about Iron Chef during the cooking contest also.

(Sorry this took a little while. Kind of forgot to reply about this epsiode).
    ~Good night, and good luck~
    Last edited by Bay; 5th June 2006 at 12:33 AM.

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

I was also surprised that "kick butt" was said. An entertaining episode overall, with a different concept.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Oh, I also noticed that this episode completely destroyed the "Pokemon can't understand human speech" because Barriyado completely understood Takeshi's "Don't throw in any old spice"
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

There was nothing to destroy. That never should have been said in the first place, whenever it was said. There are countless examples that contradict that statement.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    There was nothing to destroy. That never should have been said in the first place, whenever it was said. There are countless examples that contradict that statement.
    That's right. If pokemon couldn't understand human speech, how can they use the attacks their trainers call for?

Yeah, otherwise, we would have some very confused Pokemon in a match.

Anyway, can someone please answer my question about Meowth's new line in the TR motto in this episode?

I thought this episode was interesting. It was interesting that they used the Pokemon that have 4th generation evolutions and pre-evolutions. I personally thought the girl with the Sneasel was hotter than the one with Mr. Mime. I probably thought she was hotter because she had a Sneasel and I like Sneasel much more than Mr. Mime.
    Sliver Version Typhlosion Revamp done by Shelldude1

TC Created by BLAZEQUAZA

I like Sneasel more, too.

Answer to question anyone?

Well, I don't the new things Jessie and James say, so I have no idea what Meowth says. What's the new song thingy anyways.
    Sliver Version Typhlosion Revamp done by Shelldude1

TC Created by BLAZEQUAZA

I forgot. Anyone remember?

I enjoyed this episode from beginning to end. It definitely made my top three of the year, along with "Claydol Big and Tall" and "Once in a Mawile". I wasn't sure about it going into the episode, but I was pleasantly surprised it was so good. It was hilarious, had great gags, and Team Rocket get some positive material. Good combination.

My two cents:

-- It was wonderful to see Team Rocket get to be nice for so long and to get a free meal. That is so rare nowadays.
    -- Sneasel and Meowth's rivalry was hilarious. I'm not being on sneasel as a pokemon, but the one in this episode was entertaining. I liked the erupting volcano background during one Meowth/sneasel scene. I noticed that they didn't mention that Team Rocket almost replaced Meowth with sneasel once before, but at least this time it was just something Meowth assumed for the most part.
    -- I'm not surprised by James's comment that Meowth wanted that one motto line (not to mention that he has so many more lines in the new motto). I'm betting Meowth felt that his part in the old motto had been downgraded since he went from being the end line of the motto to being one of two enders, then one of three. I did like the motto for this episode.
    -- GREAT visual gags in this episode. I loved all the exaggerated cartoony reactions to the food, from both Team Rocket and Team Twerp. James and Meowth blasting off from the food were the funniest parts, and Ash doing a solar beam-like bit. I liked the twerps and Munchlax collapsing from the bad food too. LOL
    -- BEST GAG EVER: Brock accidentally hitting on Max.
    -- I liked Rhonda and Rhoda, and not just as love interests of Brock. That's saying something. Good characters.
    -- I loved all of Mr. Mime's scenes in this episode, especially when he switched his ladle for Jessie's keys. LOL

Overall, 10/10, one of the best of the season.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Good episode, with the Meowth vs Sneasel argument the highlight of the ep. But still why does Team Rocket brag about success when they know they're gonna lose.

Another one of the top 5 shows of the 8'th season. By this point, 4Kids really gave 101% into this series. Certainly in the acting dept.
    Some funny stuff includes:
    James at one point of food tasting, where he blasts off, sounds like he has an orgasm. Yeouch!
    All of the expressions from TR are an animation treat to see.
    Various twists on runners like Brock hitting on various girls, and a hilarious twist on the motto.
    And all the while, the comedic story has an emotional core between Rhoda and Rhonda.
    10/10 indeed.
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Defenitly like Rhonda and Rhoda's maid out fits and how the match their pokemon.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

My favorite episode post-Hoenn, because I'm training to be a caterer and I love to watch the Food Network people cook, so anything where Pokemon and culinary art is fused is just 999 out of 5 for me.

And it has one of my favorite Johto Pokemon, Sneasel. They really made the Sneasel have a real mean attitude. Anyone get the reference to the old Johto League episode where Harrison catches the Sneasel there and Team Rocket wanted Sneasel to replace Meowth?

Brock actually did something other than be a cheerleader.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

I personally prefer Mr. Mime, but yes, I liked the episide. Especially those twin resturant owners, YEAH!!!

Cross over to the golden side...

credit goes to milotic111 for the awesome tc
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/243nwgm.jpg[/IMG]
    Say 'ello to ma little friend! (made by sapphireL, thanx baby!)

As an aspiring chef myself I can really get into this episode, it was funny to see Munchlax collapse from eating Mr. Mimes food, also seeing Rhonda and Rhoda make up at the end and work the restaurant together made me cry.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I liked this episode a lot.

Resu/Rhonda girl was cooler/hotter than her Sister. Sneasel > Mr. Mime

Like some of you have said, I noticed that this was another Episode in which Pokemon that had Pre-Evolutions or Evolutions that had been revealed and were going to be in the D/P Games were in the Spotlight.

I just really liked this Episode, it was really cool.

I quite enjoyed this episode as I liked May/Ash and co going to one restaraunt and then team Rocket going to the other restaraunt then the two of them meeting up. And it was nice at the end when they decided to work together putting their own strenghts together

This was a funny episode. I enjoyed all the clumsiness and craziness lol.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

this episode was most enjoyable, though i don't find it logic toput a sneasel in the kitchen, they just don't have the hands for it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast