Big, Big World (AAML One-Shot) Rated: U

A/N: Inspired by the song ‘Big, Big World’ sang by Emilia

I'm a big, big girl
    In a big, big world
    It's not a big, big thing if you leave me
    But I do, do feel that
    I too, too will miss you much
    Miss you much...

Misty, the gym leader of the Cerulean City Gym, was walking down a clear path of a park of her hometown Cerulean City. She was wearing a thick jumper and a pair of thick trousers, which were underneath long grey coat that down to her feet; she was also wearing red gloves and had her usual trademark ponytail at the side of her head.

It was the autumn season but it was cold enough to be winter. As she strolled along, she spotted a yellow leaf slowly falling downwards and it floated towards her. She held out her hands, in a shape of a bowl or cup, until the leaf gently landed on them. She looked at the beauty of the leaf for a short moment until a strong gust of wind blew it away.

I can see the first leaf falling
    It's all yellow and nice
    It's so very cold outside
    Like the way I'm feeling inside

As she saw the leaf being blown away, it reminded her of a person that she cared for so much. It was a young teen that she spent a few years of her life with. At first she followed him around because of a bike he ‘borrowed’ from her and badly damaging it in the process, but they developed a great and strong bond of friendship that would last forever.

But, for Misty, she sometimes felt that there was something more than friendship between her and that young teen because there were times when he made her feel complete. Again, a strong breeze blew passed her, making her feel the coldness of the winds of autumn… like the way she felt inside… without the boy she held dearly inside her mind and heart.

I'm a big, big girl
    In a big, big world
    But I do, do feel that
    Miss you much...

Night time.

She was now inside her bedroom of the gym, wearing her pink pyjamas. She looked outside her bedroom window and saw many heavy droplets of rain falling from the dark clouds, equivalent to her emotions as tears ran down her beautiful face.

She never showed her true emotions to anyone, not to her sisters, her pokemon, her friends and others… not even to the one she held close to her heart. The only person she showed her true sad emotions was to herself, in her mind she never wanted to show others how weak she was.

Outside it's now raining
    And tears are falling from my eyes
    Why did it have to happen?
    Why did it all have to end?

She remembered the time she and the young teen having to go their separate ways after he competed in a battling event called the Johto League. She was told that she had to depart for home to take over her sisters’ duties as Gym Leader while they went off on holiday. Despite the fact that she never wanted to leave her friends, she had no choice because of her upcoming responsibilities.

She fully understood the responsibilities of a Gym Leader but she couldn’t understand why she had to become a Gym Leader at the point where she didn’t want to depart from the young teen.

I'm a big, big girl
    In a big, big world
    But I do, do feel that
    Miss you much...

Sometimes, in her sleep, a familiar young boy comes into her dream where divine looking plants, trees and a blue sky were set in beautiful scenery. They would embrace in a warm loving hug, telling each other how they felt about each other. When they close in on a kiss…

I have your arms around me warm like fire
    But when I open my eyes
    You're gone...

An alarm sounded. She quickly opened her eyes, snapping herself back to reality and saw that he wasn’t there, much to her sadness. Just like an Arcanine roars and a Seviper hisses, it’s a simple fact of life… reality sucks.

I'm a big, big girl
    In a big, big world
    But I do, do feel that
    Miss you much...

A new day. After she completed her morning rituals, she stepped outside to catch some air while looking at the bright blue sky and feeling a cool breeze blowing past her. It was less cold than the previous day.

She knew that she’s a big girl now, who worked hard as Gym Leader to protect the Cerulean City Gym. Despite her maturity and knowledge of her responsibilities, she knew that until the time comes there will always be a hole in her heart that needed to be completely filled by someone she cared the most… maybe even loved.

I'm a big, big girl
    In a big, big world
    But I do feel I will miss you much
    Miss you much...

"I've grown up, Ash," she whispered in her thoughts. "But... I still miss you..."

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (Continue or Reboot? That is the question.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Niiiiice. ^_^ I really like this one - definately my favourite, purely because of the detailed description and the contrast with the lyrics. ^_^ Very, very nice and perhaps your best so far!

Keep up the great work!

WS
    XxX

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦My Precious PokeshipperTwin ~ Peach *hugs*¦
    ¦Fanfic Buddy ~ Cerulean Girl¦
    ¦Honoured PDA Member¦

I really liked this one Brian Powel, it's like the real thing. An excellent job! ^^
    Please read & review my Fanfiction:
    Friendship, Love, Rivalry and Misunderstandigs
    Now on Chapter 19 !!

Water Spirit: Oh, you've found a favourite now!? That's cool. Have you checked out 'If you're not the one yet'? And don't worry, I will.

misty_aquamaster: Yeah, you can picture Misty being alone and such... *sighs in sympathy*

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (Continue or Reboot? That is the question.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!