Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caterpie's Big Dilemma (419)

the kingdom of onix was actually a pretty good episode. It also had its funny moments and had squirtle for the first time doing something. Although these past two episodes have been good they've just been bland and really caused me too not pay attention to the minor details anymore. like I did with the first ones. Also this one didnt have mudkip it had a streak going of appearing in the episodes. What was it befor ethis episode 5 or 6 episodes with mudkip in it in a row.

Dustox got some good screentime in this episode.

...I am happy.

is it just me, or did this episode make mention to Rare Candy? Satoshi or Takeshi (forget which) seemed to exclaim "fushigi na ame" like they knew what it was, even though I don't recall the anime series ever acknowledging its existance. The professor guy then seemed to notify them that it's some kind of enhanced Rare Candy or something along those lines. Anyway, I find it amusing 'cause, considering the anime is rather realistic when it comes to Pokemon levels (just a measure of strength and wisdom from battle experience as opposed to some numerical value), you'd expect that Rare Candy wouldn't even exist.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

There are so many episodes were things are growing giant. Next they're going to make one where Ash grows huge. (Sarcasm)

Thx to Renagadez for the banner!

Thx to~*~*FoxRose*~*~for my trainer card!

Rare Candy obviously does something different, yet similar, in the anime world. Maybe it's some kinda growth hormone. ...Steroids for Pokemon!

It was an entertaining episode. That Dr. Gordon was a scene stealer with his Golbat and Machoke outfits.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I liked how the prof. put himself to sleep with his purin-karaoke ^^

The episode was a nice B-movie reference and Dustox had a decent amount of scenes which was needed. who knows how long it will stay? Anyway,the mothra allusion was nice. And Team Rocket were a real threat with a good plan this time.

The big Cacnea scene was funny as well. I liked the episode but I haven´t seen the gulpin one..maybe that´s a reason.

and a special yay for the very rare candies ^^
    and a special un-yay for the crappy animations ^^"
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

The mike was designed to simulate Jigglypuff's sleep inducing Sing I guess. Tell me. Why do the scientists on this show seem to be getting dumber?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    The mike was designed to simulate Jigglypuff's sleep inducing Sing I guess. Tell me. Why do the scientists on this show seem to be getting dumber?
    I agree. Oak in particular is getting dumber by the second. Then again, Delia has that effect on people.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Aalitichi Guest

From the episode pictures, this does not look like an interesting epi, I think I'll have to wait and see.
    But in a few of the pictures and May do look like they're holding hands.

Ah. That wasn't as horrible as I expected it to be. Why is everyone saying The Kingdom of Onix was bad by the way? O.o Whatever.

The music was very good, and although I hate this animation team in general, they did...well this time in my opinion.
    That little trainer was cute, and seeing him 'interact' with his Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree somehow reminded me of Kanto Ash, although they weren't that similar. Maybe it was just because of that Caterpie...Er, I see I'm not making any sense.

I liked Professor Gordon too, but on the other hand he was too much like the 'typical' Professor stereotype cartoons tend to use.
    And yay for Dustox and Cacnea ^_^

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    I liked Professor Gordon too
    No, Doctor Gordon. They specifically called him that.

I have a question: I noticed that the word "kenkyusion" (sp?) was mentioned repeatedly in the first part of the episode...what does it mean?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Blaziken master Guest

The best thing was the giant dustox and cacnea.The way dustox roared was pretty scary sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    No, Doctor Gordon. They specifically called him that.
    Oh, okay...looks like I haven't been paying attention XD Thanks.
    I have a question: I noticed that the word "kenkyusion" (sp?) was mentioned repeatedly in the first part of the episode...what does it mean?
    Kenkyuujo (Or however it's romanized) means laboratory. That's why Oak's Laboratory, for example, is called 'Ookido Kenkyuujo'.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Tetsuya-san Guest

This episode surely blends my idea of both funny occurances and the whack mysteries of Pokémon (like the dub can't stop calling it). Hearing Suicune's Rescue theme during the flight scene was fun, but Cacnea squashing James (and not to mention the love symbols it gave) were actually quite funny. An amusing episode.

This episode was brilliant by default because CATERPIE was the featured pokémon. If this wasn't the case, then there'd be no biased opinions in this post and I'd have probably passed off this episode as moderatly meh. At best.
    Really, as a Caterpie fan, it was awesome to actually see the little bug take its first feature role since way, way back at the begining of the adventure.
    I do wish Caterpie could have taken down Seviper all String-Shot style and what-not. You know, wrapping its head up and almost suffocating it, before sending it off with a tackle. Yeah, that would have been a healthy dose of nostalgia, ne?
    Though, the part where it grew ten-fold and tore through the roof of Gordon's lab and charged through the city causing chaos and destruction just looked plain awesome. Not to mention toppling that tower over like it was nothing. Now there's a pokémon league competitor. More Caterpie's in this show need to create havoc like that says I.

And whoot, Dustox, being the awesome moth-like fiend that it is, actually gets a pretty neat role. You had to love how the deep voice it has in giant-mode sounded like roaring. Also, hooray for Cacnea.

...thats all I really liked about it. The rest was rather bland.

I'm having trouble deciphering what the heck Dr. Gordon is talking about during the scene where he looks up to the video monitor on his head and it shows a car. For those of you that are really good with Japanese, what is going on there?

in that scene, I think he was saying that he predicted that in the future, humans would be living more easily, which was why a limousine was shown (the fact that a limo driver was shown kinda contradicts that, but I guess even in a utopia, there's fated to be a lowest class).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

jynx Guest

Going to Saffron already?

I wish I could see Sabrina soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    in that scene, I think he was saying that he predicted that in the future, humans would be living more easily, which was why a limousine was shown (the fact that a limo driver was shown kinda contradicts that, but I guess even in a utopia, there's fated to be a lowest class).
    Read "Brave New World". Utopia is only for the highest class.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Seems like a big ripoff of not only "The Evolution Solution", but "Gulpin it Down" as well! When will the writers do something unique for us for once?!

My Dub title prediction:

Evolution Control Freak

So what were Ash's exact words when/if he recalled his own Butterfree
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

It was ok for a filler. I wouldn't be surprised if 4Kids banned the episode when it comes to the US - considering Caterpie destroyed what looks like Tokyo Tower...

~Scott

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Please.

Flying Tropius Guest

the ultra sized pokemon reminds me of EVAs

This episode was kind of cool. I thought the part with giant Cacnea flattening James was hilarious. IMO, this episode had several opportunities for a couple of Boss Fantasies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast