Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caterpie's Big Dilemma (419)

I just got done watching it! It was so reminding me of Godzilla VS. Mothra without Godzilla. But i rate it *** outa four *

The music in this episode was nice, if nothing else. Particularly when Metapod evolved.

Talking of Metapod, though.....Oh GOSH did it change for the worse. It sounds incredibly forced, and far too nasally. Good thing Metapod appearances are few and far between.

My opinion on Xander is kinda skewed. His name is awesome, and so is his hair. But as a character, he bores me somewhat. And his voice was terrible ._.

Caterpie's voice was adorable, and all of its little mannerisms were cute as well.

Dustox appearances are always excellent, of course. Even better, the latter half of the episode focused strongly on it.

Dr. Gordon annoyed me, tbh =/ His voice was horrendous, and his lines were really redundant.

Overall rating:
    6.8 out of 10

Another filler, basically. There were some good moments, but that's not enough to save the episode =/

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

I thought it was okay not too great, but what I want to know is what happened to cacnea? They never showed james call it back into it's pokeball, and it was just never shown again, I was hoping it would evolve

LOL @ Ash and Brock intently listening to May's Pokedex on info about Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree.

All I say is thank god that May has a Pokedex. If she didn't have one, we'd have Ash looking up all these old Pokemon, and you'd know how ****ed up that would be. At least with May it makes sense, since she's never seen these Pokemon before.

Just when Officer Jenny had a chance to arrest Team Rocket, Butterfree blew them away in the sky.
    As pwn3d91 stated above, Cacnea was never recalled to James pokeball. Maybe the writers or artist made mistake about this one.
    Cyber-Cubed, yeah, I noticed this one and I think it's kinda wierd for May to look up the pokedex of each evolutions.

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Gears of War 2 (X-Box 360 S) and Titanfall (X-Box 360 S)

Doc Jordon had the same voice as Prof Cosmos.

About the only thing that save this episode from total medicorety is Canea embedding James into the pavement.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Absol
    Just when Officer Jenny had a chance to arrest Team Rocket, Butterfree blew them away in the sky.
    As pwn3d91 stated above, Cacnea was never recalled to James pokeball. Maybe the writers or artist made mistake about this one.
    Cyber-Cubed, yeah, I noticed this one and I think it's kinda wierd for May to look up the pokedex of each evolutions.

Cacnea was recalled it was just off screen when james was running away he was carrying his pokeball.

But I thought it was a good episode,.. reminded me alot of the first season.. I loved it when Cacnea rolled on James,.. he was like... I love you too......

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I have no idea why everybody hates this episode so much. I mean, sure, it's not as good as "Tentacool and Tentacruel" or "Gulpin It Down" which bear similarities, but it sure as hell is better than that Psyduck filler a few weeks ago IMO. It had an interesting battle that I only wished lasted longer. Metapod's evolution felt a little forced and rushed, and if Caterpie did not want to hurt anybody, it could have stayed in the bloody forest surrounding the labs instead of knocking down bridges and towers in the town, but oh well. But other than tat, this episode did nothing too wrong.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Nice to see Caterpie again, I suppose.

Nice how the doctor kept saying something like "...or so they say." at the end of many sentences. Gives him more character.

They said in the episode that Caterpie didn't want to cause much destruction to the city so it went to that tower before it evolved. Actually, staying in the forest sounds like a better idea to me. Besides, I was thinking it went to that huge tower to evolve because it wanted something proportionally bigger than a tree.

Also, Metapod evolved really fast. I knew it would happen, but c'mon... Sure, Metapod evolve fast, but not in half an hour or whatever that was, right? They kinda throw Ash's Metapod's quick evolution in our face by doing this. I hope it had something to do with those crazy steroid-like vitamins it had eaten. O_o

Anyway, nice to see Dustox. It had lots of good airtime this episode.

Yeah. 7/10.

I guess the best part about this fiasco was Giant Cacnea crushing James. Other than that, there was nothing special about it. Luckily its over with...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

It was a cool episode but next week Contest!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldDragon
    I just got done watching it! It was so reminding me of Godzilla VS. Mothra without Godzilla. But i rate it *** outa four *
    omg me too, all i could think was: holy crap, it's godzilla vs. mothra pokemon style
    Sarcasm. It's a weapon, not a tool.

Diamond FC: 0129 9730 6727
    Space Invaders Extreme FC: 451128636320

This was a great episode. Giant Pokemon and evolution are always entertaining.

OMG Poke-steroids! =O

This episode kinda sucked, but for a filler it was OK.

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

Eh. Pretty good eppy overall, although it could have been better. The Sabonea thing was hilarious. C'mon Kojirou, you knew you had it coming. But 'Mysterious Candy' was obviously a mistranslation of what clearly should have been 'Rare Candy'. 4Kids can do better than that.

I wonder when we'll start seeing the episodes dubbed by PUSA.

I liked it especially the professer.

Hmm, I was right, I did post here last year (before my nervous breakdown)

But anyways, I wasn't too fond of this episode. As I said back last September, this episode seemed way too much like Gulpin it Down and it wasn't a good episode either. Although, I will say that I like Doctor Gordon. He seemed weird in a good way (the way I like it).

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

OMGZ LIEK T3H UBER CATERPIE!!1!!1!11!!111!!11!!1
    ------------------------------------------
    >_> Mediocre at best. And what was with the '...or so I've heard.' and '...or so they say.' stuff? And how did Caterpie have a dilemma? But, dub-titles never make sense, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads
    And how did Caterpie have a dilemma?
    Caterpie's Big Dilemma was that it was big.

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads
    And how did Caterpie have a dilemma?
    Usage problem: Dilemma used to mean that there was a problem with two solutions, both of which sucked. Now people sometimes use it merely to mean "problem." Darn it, if they mean "problem," they should just use the word "problem."

By the way, how is your username pronounced, if it is at all? Or does it stand for something?

Caterpie is so cute! But I wasn't a fan of Dr. Gordon's voice. Other than that, eh.

Overall I thought this was an awesome episode! I liked the Mysterious Candies.....first I thought they were talkin' about the Rare Candies.....Giant Caterpie was so adorable!!!

I honestly laughed at the fact that Officer Jenny ignored the damage done to the radio tower.

Yes, it's okay to destroy a city with a pokemon as long as you say sorry and your not EVIL!!

BUHAHAHA!! Come Delcatty let us destroy the DAM!

I like Cressillia

I liked this episode. I didn't have high hopes going into it, but I ended up enjoying the episode. A lot of it definitely had to do with Dr. Gordon and Team Rocket (in that order, which is highly unusual for me). Not that Xander and his caterpie/metapod/butterfree weren't interesting, but the doctor and TR made the show. Here are my two cents:

-- Yay, hugshipping's confirmed! I didn't miss the hearts in Cacnea's eyes when it squashed James. Okay, that sounds just plain weird. LOL But that scene was great. Interesting that it didn't go to hug James until then.
    -- Dr. Gordon has got to be the best hostage, human or pokemon, Team Rocket's ever had. Not only doesn't he freak out after Team Rocket take off with him (there's been a few too many characters who freak out for no good reason, like those cutsie nidorans in that OI episode), but he's perfectly calm riding on Dustox and falling through the air. LOL, either that doctor's on something or he's EXTREMELY confident he'll be saved. Either way, that was a very refreshing difference. That was the best non-professor (or unofficial professor) in a lab coat I've seen since Seymour and Westwood V.
    -- I liked that nearly all of Team Rocket's pokemon got to do something in this motto (poor Chimecho just got its motto cameo). Wobbuffet got the mystery candies, Cacnea battled and grew huge, Dustox had a great battle and lots of screentime, and Seviper fought well in the lab. Awesome.
    -- Interesting that even with an Officer Jenny in the mix, and a mix of comedy and drama, there was no Brock romance in this episode.
    -- I loved the animatronic Jigglypuff microphone and Dr. Gordon accidentally making himself fall asleep. I also liked all of Team Rocket and the doctor being confused after the supersonic attack.

Overall, 8.5/10. Now bring on the haircut!!!
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

It's a good thing Misty wasn't in this episode. She would be easily freaked out by the giant Caterpie because of her bug phobia.

I always like it when Pokemon pays homage to the Kaiju Eiga, also Butterfree and Dustox are 2 of my favorite bug pokemon.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast