Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caterpie's Big Dilemma (419)

Default Caterpie's Big Dilemma (419)

Caterpie's Big Dilemma

Enroute to Saffron City, Ash & Co. meet up with a professor who has been studying a Caterpie and it's evolutions, however in his experiments he has made the Caterpie and thus it's evolutions, giant sized. Team Rocket however have snuck in and decided to make their Pokémon increase in size to steal Pokémon. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Wow, this has the makings of Gulpin It Down written all over it!

EDIT: Cool first post...(not like it matters)

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

The Mystery: What the writers were smoking when they came up with this episode.

The Marvel: How horrible the Battle Frontier Arc has been since the battle factory.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Oh please...everything on tv nowadays is a plot done before...its not the plot that matters its the execution and I have noticed people on the forums saying that while the plots seem rehashed the execution according to them is done well

Wow, this has the makings of Gulpin It Down written all over it!

EDIT: Cool first post...(not like it matters)
    seeings how the the plot has been used time and time again in pokemon way before Gulpin it down. So as serebii said before it doesn't matter about the plot being rehashed its the way it's executed since Gulpin it Down seemed good enough for people to disregard all the other episodes about giant pokemon harming the city.
    The Mystery: What the writers were smoking when they came up with this episode.

The Marvel: How horrible the Battle Frontier Arc has been since the battle factory.
    i dont get it. people complain that the episode titles reveal way too much and are bland but, when they do something creative they completly bash it.

watchermark Guest

I have to know... is Dustox still with Jessie, or has it made it's exit?

On BMG, Zak said Ash maybe did mention his Butterfree and Dustox DID NOT leave.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Churly
    Zak said Ash maybe did mention his Butterfree
    Nah, not possible, the apocalypse isn't here yet...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

On BMG, Zak said Ash maybe did mention his Butterfree and Dustox DID NOT leave.
    Where? not that i don't believe you but, I've been on the site and I'm still looking for where he said that.

Tifa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    Nah, not possible, the apocalypse isn't here yet...
    Huh o.O What in the world are you going onabout

That the writers actually remembered something Ash did years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Where? not that i don't believe you but, I've been on the site and I'm still looking for where he said that.
    He said it on the forums.

This episode is another pointless filler. The only plot-related event that happened is that they are finally in Saffron.
    The mysterious thing about the evolution is that Caterpie evolved into Metapod because it climbed into Saffron Tower and evolved into Butterfree just by sitting at the top of it (well, more exactly in the middle because the upper part was destroyed due to the extra weight) and it was marvelous because of the size of the pokemon but that is all.
    The only funny moment was when Giant Cacnea tried to embrace James and instead crushed him... well, it is not really that funny but this episode is boring.

For those who felt giant Butterfree and Dustox were a little wonky, I suggest you read this. Long, but a good read.

The only thing good was Cacnea's James smoosh.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

This episode had scary resemblance to that episode of "Krypto the Superdog" where the lizard used a growth ray on a Caterpiller to make it a bigger meal. Big bug going down the streets and stuff.

It was relatively bad filler. Cacnea crushing james into the pavement was funny but beyond that, meh.

I just saw the pics of the episode. I'm sorry. I want to say its cool because of Butterfree, but I can't. It looks like a major snooze-fest. This title could have been used for something more appropriate.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    This title could have been used for something more appropriate.
    Could the same not also be same for the time & effort of the writers/animators?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Saw the first 4 pages of pictures and left the rest. Too boring. I don't think I should waste my time watching this one.

Hey, at least the marker-jigglypuff isn't dead!

I'm guessing the scientist/inventor makes things based off of pokemon observations (like the super-strong machoke suit, I'm guessing).

I see a Mothra reference in the case of Caterpie evolving to Metapod on Saffron Tower. It parallels the Mothra larva's metamorphisis at Tokyo Tower in the 1961 Mothra film...
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't copy and paste this in you signiture (started by Rukario907)
    I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

I've seen the pictures and i think this episode is a little boring, but it's refreshing.... the last time we've saw giant pokemon was back in the indigo series (tentacruel, jigglypuff, gengar, alakazam, dragonite...)

^ "Gulpin it Down" and giant Claydol episode.

Though the giant Claydol episode was at least funy. Aside from James being embedded in the pavement, this was down right dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    ^ "Gulpin it Down" and giant Claydol episode.
    Oh yeh....forgot those! Still, this episode has it's "charm"!!!

At least it was Haruka who looked up Butterfree in the Pokedex, not Satoshi.

This episode looks like it would have been actually decent if "Gulpin It Down" hadn't done the exact same idea already. And it looks like TR was actually formidable in this one. Though I can't see how this is as bad as...say...the Kingdom of Onix episode.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast