Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Saffron Con (420)

Default The Saffron Con (420)

The Saffron Con

Finally at Saffron City, they gang arrive at the first conference hall in Kanto. However May's old rival Harley is there and intends to enter the contest. May intending to use her new Squirtle is about to find a tough challenge against Harley. Will May prevail?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Unfortunately this page does not exist. If you believe this page is one you are meant to see, E-mail me By Clicking Here.

Press Back To Return to the Previous Page
    Aww, I can't see it...

OK, guys. Questions for those that have already seen the episode:

+ There's any sign of Sabrina or Haunter in this Saffron City's episode?.

+ Whay about Jessie?. Maybe this time participates in the Contest with Cacnea?. (By the way, didn't Cacnea stayed as giant in the previous episode?).

+ What can you say about the Espeon and the Ariados of the episode?. Won't be Annie and Oakley's Pokemons, right?. (See "Pokemon Heroes").

+ Some signal of a possible evolution?. (For example, Cacnea).

+ Finally, has somebody seen the preview of the second part?.

Okay.

* It's not Vivian, but Lilian. I don't know if they are sisters or what, but they are different. It seems like the Eifie is her's, too.

* The Ariados is Harley's.

* It seems like Musashi's hair got cut (think Strike back in the Orange Islands), but this time, she didn't get angry about it.

* Harley's still putting on a fake act.
    From Argy @ BMG.

And Jessa, Serebii always puts a link to the ep guide even if there is none. I'm really not sure why he does this though.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Is that part about Squirtle true? Well it says she intends to use it but it gives me the impression that its saying she is going to use it. Harley better have Ariados I mean Espeon not his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa
    + Whay about Jessie?. Maybe this time participates in the Contest with Cacnea?. (By the way, didn't Cacnea stayed as giant in the previous episode?).
    Well since we saw Cacnea normal size in the preview i'm guessing no to the size thing. Also we're only assuming that she is using Cacnea since it was the only team Rocket pokemon shown in the preview and it had the Chimecho scared look from the Lilycove contest when Jessie was about to use it. (also I believe the Chimecho scared look was in the lilycove episode preview) So all evidence points to her using Cacnea plus it would make sense since Cacnea hasn't been used yet.

+ Some signal of a possible evolution?. (For example, Cacnea).
    Well since Harley is in this episode and Cacneaturne is his main Pokemon, I doubt Cacnea will evolve. Also why does everybody want it too evolve? Am I the only one who likes Cacnea just the way it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    Am I the only one who likes Cacnea just the way it is?
    I like every pokemon how it is. I just prefer something new and more powerful.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

off topic: where does everyone actually watch the episode ?

anywho, the preview for this one seemed cool, maybe Sakura is in this contest but is not shown, only her espeon *dreams* ah well...

Ah, Ariados. Nice Pokemon for Harley, and not that overused really.

Thanks, dudes. But there's still a question that you haven't responded me. The first one and more important of all (for me):

+ There's any sign of Sabrina or Haunter in this Saffron City's episode?.

I don't think so, why would you expect to see Sabrina in the episode anyway? Even if they are in Saffron, a GYM leader wouldn't be going to a contest house now would she?

Don't you remember the first time that Ash and co. went to Saffron City?. Sabrina (with her psychic powers) already foresaw the arrival of Ash, Misty and Brock when they hadn't arrived to the city yet. So why Sabrina couldn't feel the arrival of Ash and Brock again?.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    I don't think so, why would you expect to see Sabrina in the episode anyway? Even if they are in Saffron, a GYM leader wouldn't be going to a contest house now would she?
    Because people hold every hope and prayer that characters from the past get another appearance.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    I like every pokemon how it is. I just prefer something new and more powerful.
    Cacturne wouldn't be new, and it wouldn't be powerful.

So why Sabrina couldn't feel the arrival of Ash and Brock again?.
    Another case of plot hole-itis I'd assume. Besides that, it just wouldn't make much sense for her to show up here anyway. Its an episode focused on Haruka and her rivals, and it shouldn't be hampered by other characters poking their nose in, unless they're actually going to be part of it all. And I can't see Sabrina contributing much to an episode like this.

Whoot for Harley owning the Ariados. Another one of those severely under-used creatures that needs some sort of attention. Hopefully its displayed some interesting attacks and isn't one of 'those been there, done that' deals.
    Give Shuu a freakin' Dunsparce now =0

Aalitichi Guest

When does the episode aire in Japan

It aired this morning (our time) in Japan.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

If you really wanna watch it first (why are you here then?), don't read on.

Harley is working at the Pokemon Center. XD That rocks. And it gives a bit of sanity to the fact Haruka believes him again. It looks like Joi gives her seal of approval. Though, to her credit, she wasn't about to believe him until Joi stepped (or was dragged I suppose) into it.

Harley and Ariados-chan save the day! Yay! And Musashi's hair cut was spiffish. I'm kinda hoping it stays. It seems that from the next epi's preview that she does. <3 I'd say more, but I really need to wait until I see the episode for myself... Then I'll have more to rant about. ^.~
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

Wow, I give a thumbs up to Jessie's haircut. I like her long hair normally, but it'd be nice if that look stays. I guess everything's got to change sometime.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

It's about time if you ask me. Satoshi-tachi changed their looks when AG started, so why not Rocket-Dan too? Now Kojirou just needs to change something...

Half an hour before I have the episode... Hopefully I'll have my own screenshots up tonight. <3

Jessie has had her hair cut numerous times and it always went back to normal the next episode. This is the Pokemon anime.

That thought did com to mind... Except that it still seems to be cut in the next epi too. True, it could be because this is a two-parter, but...

Well, we'll just have to see. If they've had wardrobe changes, I don't see why there couldn't be a hair change too.

jesse's hair does look pretty cool
    judging from pictures, Squirtle just seems to know Ice Beam o.o
    And Squirtle was very cute when it was watching Espeon do an appeal XD

Yup, just saw the epi, and Zenigame does indeed know the move. Shocked Haruka-aisai I might add.

This nurse assistant job seems to be temporary, as aparently, Joi helped Noctus-chan and Harley stuck around until the contest. And that "bad advice" had something to do with registering I think, since Harley was watching with glee as Haruka-aisai couldn't register. Lillian came to the rescue though. She seems much more interesting than her sister, that's for sure...

I can't wait for the second part. This one rocked. <3

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Jessie has had her hair cut numerous times and it always went back to normal the next episode. This is the Pokemon anime.
    True, but she looks resigned to the haircut in the first new picture, and she certainly doesn't seem royally p*ssed as she did in "Tracey Gets Bugged" and "A Tail with a Twist". A different reaction might mean the haircut's going to stay. At least we'll see if it stays past this two-parter. I hope it does, it'd be a nice change.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

It looked to me from the episode pics as though Jessie kinda liked her new haircut. And if she's still got it in the next episode, that suggests it's here to stay. I'll miss the huge shark fin monstrosity, though. Just like I miss the old motto. Oh well, it's nice to see a little bit of change from time to time.

Harley as a nurse's assistant = priceless. XD And it does make it slightly more forgivable that May and the others fell for the trick again. Although they are still idiots who deserve a good thwappin'. -_- Where's Drew when you need him?

Is Lilian the announcer like her sister, or is she a contestant? I got the impression of the latter. If so, interesting twist.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Wow..this episode was truly awesome.
    So there's only one Vivian and one Lilian...thought so. And Lilian seems to be much more energetic than her older sister. I also liked that she was quite sassy and made fun of her sister's dress XD I'm really looking forward to see how she'll present the Contest.

Jessie was great too. She was kinda crazy this time, babbling around the whole time, squealing, yelling and whatnot.. The voice acting was great too, Megumi Hayashibara did a very good job as always.

Harley! Harley Harley Harley! ..Was adorable. He did his usual sugary sweet voice when he was talking to May.

The whole "bad advice" thing went like this (God I'm so bad at explaining, but here ya go -_-): Harley told May about the rules for Kanto Contests (see below), but she didn't believe him. However, what he said about the rules was true, and Nurse Joy confirmed that, so they all (except for Max) started trusting him again (In my opinion, this went a bit too quickly and too easily, but whatever).

Well, what Harley said after that (when Nurse Joy wasn't there any more), was not true however. He told May that she didn't have to worry about registering and said that she could register 'till 11 AM the next day (it only went until 10 AM), and that she'd be able to enter using her old Contest passpord she had used in Hoenn (while in fact she had to change it).

May went registering at 10.45 AM the next day, and of course she only had her old passpord...that's why she couldn't enter. Well, until Lilian came and helped her, that is. Lilian is a cool person, really.

The only thing that totally p*ssed me off was...that Ash and Brock believed Harley. I know that Max is supposed to be a smart kid, but it's so incredibly disgusting to see that two teenagers are much more naive than a child who's around 6-8 years younger than them.

Regarding Contest rules: You're allowed to use two Pokémon (one for each round), but you don't have to. Seems like this counts for every Contest in Kanto.
    Last edited by Sushi; 16th September 2005 at 10:57 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast