Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Saffron Con (420)

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    Regarding Contest rules: You're allowed to use two Pokémon (one for each round), but you don't have to. Seems like this counts for every Contest in Kanto.
    Any May has opted for combusken and squirtle this time around... correct?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Ah, so Max doesn't believe Harley? Good to see one of the twerps has a brain. It always struck me as weird that May's best friends were so nonchalant about letting him hang around with her in the Grand Festival. I know they're notoriously unsuspicious, especially whenever a disguised Team Rocket are involved, but really.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Well we all know Ash is a bit too naive, but I'm really surprised about Brock.

It's almost out of character for him. Brock is basically the "older brother" of the entire group, and for him not to be even be a little bit suspicious is just poor writing.

Why the writers make Ash and Brock so "indifferent" to May's contest opponents is beyond me.

I cannot WAIT for this episode! Espeon in a contest? I'm in heavan... *Loves Espeon even more than contests* Any clue how long 'til this airs in America? :P

I was soooo proud of Masato. And soooo disappointed in the others. I mean, yeah, Joi is reliable and all that, but she doesn't know Harley the way they do...

Anyone care to translate the reason Harley is helping there? My limited Japanese skills picked up on Noctus-chan being helped by Joi, and Harley staying to help her until the contest. Or something like that. =/

Heh, the nickname "Kamo-chan" is back. <3 But why exactly was it "Ariados" and not "Ariados-chan"? Is Ariados a brand new pokemon? If he's not, it's awfully strange that he doesn't get the -chan the others do... *confuzelled*
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    Any May has opted for combusken and squirtle this time around... correct?
    Yeah she did ^^

-----
    Of course, they all got suspicious at the end of the episode, when everyone was standing in front of the counter and was told that everything Harley told them about the registration was wrong.

Max said, "So he tricked us again." and Brock responded something like, "I never expected him to take it this far." So the whole trick thing seems to be over...for now.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

I liked Jessie's new haircut, it really looks good.

That's actually a good contest look for Jessie. I'm hoping she keeps it for the next episode, at least. I'm also hoping Lilian is replacing Vivian permanently. Not only does she have much more personality, but she's much cuter. ^_^ Guess that throws my theory about all the Vivians being part of a chain of twin sisters down the drain, though.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    I'm hoping she keeps it for the next episode, at least.
    She does.
    [img135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/yukiharu/Pocket%20Monsters/musashishorthair.jpg[/img135]
    Yayness. <3

Jessie looks awful in those glasses. She needs to stop putting on those wacky things when she enters a contest.

Can't she enter as a normal coordinator? If she's fighting fair and square, there's nothing Ash/May or the others could do to stop her.

May's Squirtle knows Ice Beam...this doesn't surprise me much :P
    Munchlax - Solar Beam
    Skitty - Blizzard
    Bulbasaur - Petal Dance
    As soon as I made this connection I said to myself "Gee wonder what TM/egg move Squirtle will have?"
    Ash goes through all that trouble to teach Swellow Aerial Ace...and May gets pokemon that know this stuff already XD
    "The Melody of Reason will Play the Note of Truth"

Quote Originally Posted by devilrose
    Ash goes through all that trouble to teach Swellow Aerial Ace...and May gets pokemon that know this stuff already XD
    You're forgetting that Torkoal already knew Overheat when Ash caught it. It just depends on the Pokemon.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Forget? How can I forget? I never knew x.x
    Still though...the moves May's pokemon know that they don't know normally stick out much more.

More so than Brock's impossible Water Gun/Razor Leaf Ludicolo?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Harley is a guy o.O???? i always thot he was a she! LOL anyways, this episode looks like an other borring contest battle and at the end may will win etc etc. why cant ash visit sabrina -.- so he could see his haunter -.- and jessie new haircut interesting....i hope it stays like that XD
    [IMG]http://i15.*******.com/2qlg3v8.jpg[/IMG]

...That one I DID forget about x.x' Which is kinda funny since in the last episode I saw I saw Lombre use Razor Leaf and was thinking "...what the?" So Brock's Lombre/Ludicolo has two egg moves...wonder if his Mudkip knows anything besides Water Gun then...

...I think I'm going off topic too x.x Whoops...

Harley is playing them like a bad song. (Loved the Brock impression though.)

Please let Jessie's haircut stay. It's looks so much better than the comet.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoOCha0tic
    Harley is a guy o.O???? i always thot he was a she! LOL anyways, this episode looks like an other borring contest battle and at the end may will win etc etc. why cant ash visit sabrina -.- so he could see his haunter -.- and jessie new haircut interesting....i hope it stays like that XD
    Wow, you're not kidding, are you? ... I'd love to know how anyone can think Harley's a girl... Even with only screenshots, does the lack of breasts not tip anyone off?

That's also the first time I've heard this contest looks boring... Oh wait, you're obviously a Natsume fanboy. My mistake. Plus, you still think Ghost belonged to Satoshi... Poor thing.

Anyways, I do agree that Musashi's haircut is uber-spiffish. <3 If it goes away, I won't be devestated of course... *goes back to making screenshots*

Quote Originally Posted by taitofan
    Wow, you're not kidding, are you? ... I'd love to know how anyone can think Harley's a girl... Even with only screenshots, does the lack of breasts not tip anyone off?

That's also the first time I've heard this contest looks boring... Oh wait, you're obviously a Natsume fanboy. My mistake. Plus, you still think Ghost belonged to Satoshi... Poor thing.

Anyways, I do agree that Musashi's haircut is uber-spiffish. <3 If it goes away, I won't be devestated of course... *goes back to making screenshots*
    I'll give it to him that he thought Harley was a girl. I mean come on, how many guys do you know wear a white outfit with an exposed womanly stomach like that?

the episode was funny....... sorta.......... i think Harley tricked May again but i'm not sure........ also Lillian's Espeon is kewl........ ^^

and Jessie's hair looks nice..... i think........ XP

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

this episode seems quite interesting, Jessie's new do' is pretty cool... though I'll miss that comet as well...

and maybe Harley has turned over a new leaf perhaps? is he really up to something as most people are claiming?

Lilian's pretty cool as well, though, if SHE's participating, who's going to be the announcer?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Aalitichi Guest

I thought he was a girl too, judging by pictures.
    By the way don't you guys think it's anoying how much attention May is getting for her contests.
    Ash has competed in so much tournaments and he doesn't get that much attention.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ShoOCha0tic
    Haunter WAS NEVER Ash's Pokemon! Ash Befriended Haunter, he NEVER caught Haunter!
    Last edited by Addydo; 17th September 2005 at 2:28 AM.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    and maybe Harley has turned over a new leaf perhaps? is he really up to something as most people are claiming?
    Rest assured, Harley hasn't turned over a new leaf. Just watching the episode confirms that. He did try to keep her out of the contest afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenNoctowl77
    I'll give it to him that he thought Harley was a girl. I mean come on, how many guys do you know wear a white outfit with an exposed womanly stomach like that?
    In anime? A lot. You're talking to a girl who watches every yaoi/shounen ai title she can get her hands on. I've seen a ton of feminine looking guys. ^.~

Anyways, I did my own screenshots of Harley as promised (113 in all), and they're up here: http://photobucket.com/albums/b188/coordinators8/

Quote Originally Posted by Aalitichi
    I thought he was a girl too, judging by pictures.
    By the way don't you guys think it's anoying how much attention May is getting for her contests.
    Ash has competed in so much tournaments and he doesn't get that much attention.
    What do you mean exactly? Contests have trainers interacting with each other, thus there is more room for character development.

In Ash's story, Ash doesn't actually face other trainers in "league style battles" until the league themselves. When he faces the Gym leaders, regular trainers usually aren't around.

Which is why the contests have always been better than Ash's GYM battles in Hoenn. And from the looks of things, the Kanto contests will be more exciting than Ash's Frontier Brain battles as well.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast