Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Saffron Con (420)

Quote Originally Posted by taitofan
    Rest assured, Harley hasn't turned over a new leaf. Just watching the episode confirms that. He did try to keep her out of the contest afterall.
    oh... that's a shame :\
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

So Ariados does indeed belong to Harley, eh? That's cool. And after looking through the thread I'm really interested to see what Musashi's hair looks like. XD
    ~

[img135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/480470ff.jpg[/img135]

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I don't like Jessie's hair like that... it just feels wrong. They've never changed a character's hair before, and that is a bit too wierd to look at. Oh, and doesn't she have "classic-Jessie" in the opening? Just checking!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Isn't Squirtle a bit to young for a pokemon contest?
    Please tell me this is R1 type or May will lose when it comes to the battling.....

Squirtle is only a lil baby

good to see Harley again, he looks like a great character... lets just hope 4kids don't make him a girl like they did with Hun

Seeing Harley in a white lab coat with his hat on made me laugh!
    (im looking at the pictures on the site)

WHEN DID SQUIRTLE LEARN ICE BEAM?
    Last edited by Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior; 17th September 2005 at 9:17 AM.
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by ShucklemasterJ
    WHEN DID SQUIRTLE LEARN ICE BEAM?
    In this episode. Apparently. Although it probably knew it all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    [img135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/480470ff.jpg[/img135]
    Woah, now that's different. o_O

It actually doesn't look half bad, but I'm too used to her her "normal" hair.
    Last edited by Heracross; 17th September 2005 at 9:54 AM.
    ~

The pictures are cool and it looks like one of the better pre-contest episodes. I love the Cacnea-Jessie bits and can't wait to see how their relationship works out!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Blaziken master Guest

looked at the pictures, Lilian is hot! I'm glad Harley has got ariados it suits him perfectely.I like the part where Jessie is getting operated by a scizor

Was that Scizor used in that procedure Harley's or Joy's?

OK, just saw the episode finally. Tired as hell though, so I'll make this brief...

-I really wish the writers could figure out something to do with Harley besides the "pretend to be nice" thing all over again. They can only go so far with that. :/
    -Harley with Ariados is awesome.
    -Lilian > Vivian.
    -Musashi using Sabonea for the contest is turning out to be quite humorous.
    -I like the music they used right after Zenigame blasts off Kojirou and Nyasu. We haven't heard that piece in quite a while.
    -Eefi is cool.
    -The receptionist at the Contest Hall is cute.

Yay for my craptacular review! 8D
    Last edited by Heracross; 17th September 2005 at 7:07 PM.
    ~

just like serebii I want to know if the scizor was harley's or Joy's
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I'm pretty sure the Hassamu was just an assistant Pokemon at the Center.

That Zenigame knowing Ice Beam really p*sses me off. Sure, Geodude brings up a point on how it depends on the type of Pokemon, considering Satoshi's Coatoise could already use Overheat, but.... and I'm sorry for bringing in game mechanics here.... it can be assumed that techniques are either hereditary, immitatable (as the case with Eneko's Blizzard, Pikachu's Iron Tail, and Kimori's Bullet Seed), or the trainer simply instructs how to use it themselves through tough training. Now, we know Haruka never trained it to use Ice Beam, and it never saw another Pokemon use Ice Beam. It's a starter Pokemon. It was being kept around by Ookido, meant to be given out to a beginning trainer. As a starter Pokemon, it should've been specially bred to not have such moves and prevent any cheapa** trainers from setting out into the world immediately, wouldn't you think? And really, any way you look at it, you gotta be getting sick of all the luck the writers are giving Haruka. Satoshi's Pokemon had to train hard just to effectively use techniques that they learn naturally in the games (Yukiwarashi's Ice Beam, Oosubame's Aerial Ace). Haruka's Pokemon keep getting unnatural techniques, from seemingly nowhere most the time, and mastering them almost immediately.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Lovely May Guest

Nice episode. We would like to know what will happen later. Anyway;
    - Squirtle is cute. It likes Vivian so much. It is awww.... Squirtle had first little crush lol
    - I like Harley. He is awesome.
    - May is sooo naive ^_^ She trusts him again. She will never learn... but its funny.
    - Espeon - I love it^^ It looks great
    - Jessie is sweet when her hair is short
    Umm... what else? I think, that's it.

Oh, I'm glad, Drew isn't there. I like Harley much better =P

I'm willing to bet that Jessie's hair will go back to normal after these contest episodes are over.

If Jessie was to really have a new hairstyle, the opening would have reflected it. And even if Jessie apparently likes her hair this time, I'm betting that in the next fighting dojo ep, it'll be long again with no explanation whatsoever.

Yeah, that's the usual way to go.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Wow, you're not kidding, are you? ... I'd love to know how anyone can think Harley's a girl... Even with only screenshots, does the lack of breasts not tip anyone off?
    It's not the lack of breasts, it's the long hair, the slim face, the soft features. It wasn't until I kept seeing Harley Harley Harley everywhere in the Contestshipping thread that I finally got the connection that this was a GUY. Even in the newer pictures, he only looks like a guy in a few of the shots (mostly when his mouth is open).
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

You know what I always found really interesting? How Pokeshippers (And shipping fans in general.) always say blushing is a huge sign of a crush or attraction.

So then Harley appears, and May bursts out in a huge blush, and shouts 'Haarii-san' just like she did when he made that teasing comment back in the Grand Festival. (Except this time, Shuu wasn't present.)

Not to mention the fact that she's so eager to believe him everytime.

May has a crush on Harley I'd say. :x One-Sided Cookieshipping is adorable. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    May has a crush on Harley I'd say. :x One-Sided Cookieshipping is adorable. <3
    The thought briefly crossed my mind, but it'd be awfully tragic to have her crushing on a gay guy who hates her guts.... I did wonder why she was blushing when she saw him though. I just dismissed it as her being flustered I suppose.

...Interesting theory though. <3 Could make for some damned interesting fanfiction.
    Last edited by taitofan; 17th September 2005 at 5:53 PM. Reason: Stupid spelling error
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

Maybe May likes gay guys? I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Kanon
    - Squirtle is cute. It likes Vivian so much. It is awww.... Squirtle had first little crush lol
    That's not Vivian, that's her sister Lillian.

And yeah if the Scizor also worked at the Center, it sort of makes it Joy's, so I guess it could be put under Joy's bio, if that's what you're wondering, Joe. Maybe you could add another section on her bio that says "has employed these Pokemon" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    I guess it could be put under Joy's bio, if that's what you're wondering, Joe. Maybe you could add another section on her bio that says "has employed these Pokemon" or something.
    That's a good idea, could also work for all of the pokemon that we've seen utilised by Officer Jenny.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

As everyone has been saying, I am really mad about May's Squirtle knowing Ice Beam. It seems that the writers don't want May to work like a real trainer and have spend ages trying to teach her Pokemon these moves. They'd rather have her get the Pokemon with the moves already there.
    Last edited by Lupin; 19th September 2005 at 2:34 PM.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Lovely May Guest

The thought briefly crossed my mind, but it'd be awfully tragic to have her crushing on a gay guy who hates her guts.... I did wonder why she was blushing when she saw him though. I just dismissed it as her being flustered I suppose.

...Interesting theory though. <3 Could make for some damned interesting fanfiction.
    It would be a good FanFic, but I think, May doesn't have any crush.
    She was blushing because she saw her enemy. She was angry. Probably you are all red on face when you see your the worst enemy too and you would like to kick *** ^^ You know...emotions!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanon
    It would be a good FanFic, but I think, May doesn't have any crush.
    She was blushing because she saw her enemy. She was angry. Probably you are all red on face when you see your the worst enemy too and you would like to kick *** ^^ You know...emotions!
    May didn't look angry at all.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast