Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Saffron Con (420)

So those Contest judges have to run back and forth through the country to host each and every Contest in the region? Wow. Mighta been easier to make them have multiple sisters like Jenny and Joy. XD

Harley's back. Up to his dirty tricks again, I see.

Squirtle learns Ice Beam? Squirtle and its evolutions are my favorite Pokemon, but that little Squirtle randomly learning Ice Beam is even weirder than May's Skitty being taught Blizzard. Those writers really need to find a better way of giving May advantages in battle.

The lady letting May be in the Contest was nice, but against the rules. Once again May needs help. Although it was Harley's fault in the first place.

Anyway, in general, this was a nice setup episode for the Saffron City Contest. Oh, by the way, if they hadn't mentioned this being in Saffron I'd of had no idea where it was. It might as well be some random city called "Squirtlelearnsicebeamhere Town". >_>

"I'm her lacky, Jameson!" "And I'm her Pokemon, Meowtheson!" XD

7/10.

At with Skitty we had more of a learning thing, with it failing a few times.

This episode was good even though I'm not used to the dub. Haven't watched it since the Jigglypuff episode. I'm getting too used to the Japanese show and the cast and the background silence.
    Lilian's pretty good-looking. The word "hot" is overused. She's got really pretty eyes and that hair is very exciting and ostentatious in a way.
    Harley, I forgot how gay he sounds in the dub. Mygawd he actually sounds better than Japanese Harley! It was a cool episode, despite my stupid vlc kept having short freezes and cuts. (but that's because my laptop's memory's low)
    btw, who does dub Harley? I know he sounds like a gay Morty. And those credits dont help at all!

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    Please don't be mad if you read this Maddie, but I really hope they sign Harley's VA to stick with Harley. Agreed with those above...they really hit the nail on the head there.\

Why would I be mad? Nobody nobody nobody should do Harley except Andy Rannels. period.

Quote Originally Posted by maddiejoan
    Why would I be mad? Nobody nobody nobody should do Harley except Andy Rannels. period.
    I agree 100% He does a perfect Harley, even better than the Japanese version...I'm just afraid that PUSA will hire a VA that isn't as.....campy
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

Oh, thanks. I didn't know who did Harley.....
    I c a n t believe I ' m talking t o the lady who does Meowth on the show. A celebrity! OMG!
    btw, you're in Brooklyn..... you're not too far from me. Within maybe 100 to 50 miles.... or heck right across the bay. Hey neighbor!
    btw regarding the episode
    I could've so taken Cacnea out of Jessie's hair!

ANDY RANNELS. Omg, he's my Morty-hero. DD *wonders if he would have done Will if Will appeared* ........lol

*rolls over* I had no idea he did Harley's voice! I never have time to watch the new dubbed eps. KEEEEEE. Morty. I mean....

woo. *spam*

Purrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by maddiejoan
    I agree, but I didn't know if you'd think I was just singling him out over you and Veronica and everyone else.

I want you all back.
    Pokemon White 2 Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex
    "I'm her lacky, Jameson!" "And I'm her Pokemon, Meowtheson!" XD
    Haha that made the episode. Anyways I returned to the dub after skipping the last five uber-boring fillers. But this was a good episode. Harley is such a good villain. Swift looks awesome now with the CGI. Lillian is a better emcee than Vivian. Kanto Contests have better rules than Hoenn ones. Jessie should have kept her hair like this. Cacnea was cute. Blahblahblahblah anyways....

Squirtle-It really doesn't bother me that it picked up Ice Beam like that. We just saw Snorunt learn it a little while ago-because Ash needed something to do during the GF. May didn't have time to teach it Ice Beam (although it should have happened in the Arcanine episode instead.) Really if anyone lets this bother them, then they need to suck it up and deal with it. Good for the tiny turtle.

Trainer's Choice-My God-The first one I didn't know. (I did infact know the "Where's Armaldo?" one.) Too bad that they only have put 2 challenging TC's in 2 full seasons of the show. Wonder what PUSA will do at the breaks next season?

Anyways I look forward to next week's episode and I will give this episode a 9/10.

Sheesh... Anyhoo.... I found the episode...um...er...what's the word I'm looking for.....oh...interesting....

Is it on youtube because I really want to watch it, I have only saw the japenese episode of it

Why harley.. WHY DID YOU LOSE TO THAT LOSER

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenBanette
    Why harley.. WHY DID YOU LOSE TO THAT LOSER
    Because the show is HAXED to May's advantage.

-Judai

Swift looks awesome now with the CGI.
    So does Bubble, and Ice Beam, and...oh wait, Ice Beam isn't CGI is it?
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

Oooooh! I watched this today ! HAHAHAHA.... Jessie's hair is shorter than that of James :P.

Anyway. Harley pisses me off big time. Firstly his voice, and secondly.... STUPID FREAK WHO TRICKED MAY.

Drew needs to come and kick his ***. He must win the title of the better rival MWAHAHAHA!
    #spp chat staff; drews_girl kintana tenten mello akemi karin && pm chat complaints please.
    fantastic pair \\ epic twin
    i do the #spp nightshift. [x] couldn't do it alone [x] thanks guys <3 [/CENTER]

Banner > 46800 pixels so it was ~removed~! Read the signature rules.

May's first Kanto Contest, very good episode I really liked Squirtle getting excited about what was happening on stage with Espeon. Also Jessie looks better with short hair it suits her more and makes her more appealing.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

absolutely loving this episode , i love Harley too

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

I think thanks to this episode I started to really like Squirtle. He was really awesome in this episode.

I can't believe the gang fell for Harley's tricks again. Other than that it was a fine episode and I looked forward to the contest

I didn't mind this episode one little bit, it was pretty good with the fact that Harley was trying to stop May in competing in the Saffron Contest. And I also loved it how May proved herself to be a great trainer and by having the Host bend the rules to let May enter.

Good episode showing May's Combusken in battle with Sky Uppercut. 8.3/10
    Last edited by Knight_Ram; 24th June 2007 at 6:39 AM.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Meh nothing really interesting I found in this one. But there was an Espeon. Yay xD

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

the episode was fine though the contests are getting a bit too much now.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

It was a nice episode...i liked it that Espeon was in the show..
    even if contest episodes are not really my favorite
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I loved how Harley pretend to be good.

And his Ariados was strong, great for him.

Poor May, she almost didn't get the contest ticket.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

We arrived at Saffron City again, but it's all sunny and bright. I remember it being less cheerful before. And where the heck was Sabrina? No time for even a quick cameo? Seriously. Anyway, I absolutely loved that my favorite character (Harley) was there again, pretending to be a good-guy for once. I just love his innocent act. Squirtle looked so cute when it saw Espeon practice and I'm glad May chose it for the Contest. This was a solid Contest-prep episode. 7/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 13th November 2010 at 2:04 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast