Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo Wii Controllers? Yay or Nay?

NO I really dont like it. I mean its a remote control with less buttons. I dont see it working. I can see it now: You're playing SSBR you ar about to do a double jump to save you and you drop the analog stick and you lose. My opinion Nay, two thumbs down.. I just dont like it.

Edit: So the PS3 has the long handles and this is the Revolutions controller. Glad I'm getting an XBox360. But I really did want a Rev but with this I dont want it anymore.
    EditEdit: Sick Im a Coral Eye Trainer.
    Last edited by snorlax4eva; 16th September 2005 at 10:01 PM.

I claimed Snorlax/Kabigon in the Bishie Thread [Version 2.0]! I also claimed Snorlax for Pokemon Yellow for my Video Game Character!
    Thanks to Pokemonpalace.net for the picture!
    I claimed Star Fox 64 in the Official 'Claim Your Favorite Video Game' Topic
    PM Me if you want to play any U.S. WiFi game!

Flare Guest

I say Nay right now. They don't look that appealing to me. I looked at them early in the morning and i was like "WTF!?!?!?!?! That's retarted! It's a remote crontol! I'll just use the game cube controller, that works too >.>

Pikachu_4_president Guest

Well, more news on the controller, it's good news to people who want to play SSBR

http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=8247

Happy now? >:[

Well I guess that makes it a little bit better but the way it describes it makes it sound like its a circle with no handles and this revealed controller should be the expansion not the classic style one. Also the only thing good I got from the IGN article as that they didnt forget about Pokemon with the Find Pikachu thing.

I claimed Snorlax/Kabigon in the Bishie Thread [Version 2.0]! I also claimed Snorlax for Pokemon Yellow for my Video Game Character!
    Thanks to Pokemonpalace.net for the picture!
    I claimed Star Fox 64 in the Official 'Claim Your Favorite Video Game' Topic
    PM Me if you want to play any U.S. WiFi game!

RaichuMaster Guest

When I first saw it, I felt the same way as many of you. I didn't think it would take off too well. But the more I saw, and the more I thought about it, the better it seemed.

And after seeing the video of its use on IGN, I accepted it for the genius that it is.

Wow.

Gaming has been changed forever. Whether it's for the best or not will be decided at launch, but for now I have high hopes for it. Imagine the possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax
    The biggest thing that pisses me off here is the fans. If Microsoft or Sony came out with something like this you'd all be bashing it like crazy.. but the fact that it's Nintendo makes it all okay. Seriously, can any of you people say you'd like this idea if it was Microsoft?
    Dislike Micro, HATE Sony, Love Nintendo.
    Basicly your saying:
    If a rose by any other name, would it not still be beautiful?
    Well, I am a huge Nintendo fan. N64, Snes, Nes, Gamecube(Although I do own a Xbox. Hey, it was crystal....). The reason the controller is currently being hated is because it looks god damn weird. Remeber the fuss about the Ds? The Gamecube? Yes, we all thought they were going to play horribly. This looks like it too, I mean, I would not be able to control two controller type things at the same time. I have bad-ish hand-eye cordination skills. It looks like it wont play well for me, or my best friend who's Hand-EYe cordination is much worse then mine.

My opinion: This had better not be for ALL The games.

Hmm. All I can say is wierd..

I've thought a bit. Just how small is the remote part? Can you wrap your hands around it and reach the lowercase A and B buttons with your last 3 fingers?
    Dear Serebii forums members,
    ***I'm a guy!!!***

Improved PS1: PSone
    Improved PS2: PStwo
    Improved PSP: You figure it out

*Pair up: Sharingan*

I like Yoshis. If you do, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Yoshi Dragon)

Current system specs:
    IBM PowerPC "Gekko" 485MHz Processor, ATI Flipper, 24MB MoSys 1T-SRAM, 16MB 81MHz DRAM, Constant Angular Velocity drive, Sony 21" television

Future system specs:
    IBM Broadway 729MHz Processor, ATI Hollywood, 512MB internal flash memory, system memory unknown, same video output device

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningClefairy
    I've thought a bit. Just how small is the remote part? Can you wrap your hands around it and reach the lowercase A and B buttons with your last 3 fingers?
    It's pretty small, I'd say you would be able to. Evidently those buttons are only going to be used for navigating but menu but *shrugs* we've just got to wait!
    It's really growing on me, that controller. I practiced with my DVD and TV remote. It's gonna be great! My only worries... The wire between the analog stick and the "Remote". Isn't it a bit short. And wouldn't it be better if you had two motion sensors in each hand? Sort of for fighting games... And ports will be bad. Nintendo need more 2nd party developers.
    It returns...
    Are you looking forward to it?

yay on screen movement detection is just as good as a touch screen hora for nintedo!!!!!!!!!!!
    My claims: Ralf from Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Star Wars Battlefront II for the PC, Cheeseburger in Paradise (Jimmy Buffet), Star Wars theme from SW Battlefront II, Meta-master (myself ), and Roy from Super Smash Bros. Fear Me!

Thanks SKECHi for this awsome banner.

I dunno what to make of this. It looks like a TV remote, but the concept of the motion sensitivity intrigues me a ton. It seems very interesting, although it seems odd...but I trust Miyamoto. I'm sure he won't let us down.^_^

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

In the video the lowercase a and b are replaced with x and y. I found this actually to be really cool. Did you guys read all the possibilities it has? Although the L and R buttons are gone. the joystick add on has Z1 and Z2 triggers as well. It has 7 buttons/triggers with the add on not including the start,select,home, and power button. Although the home and power button may not affect ingame things. Also you guys forget that things that required alot of button combos can now be done wit the new ways to control easily

If this controller is specifically just for a small selection of games it's suited to, and the rest of the time you can use a GC controller or the normal-controllifier, Yay. If you're forced to use it for nearly everything, nay. I like my control to pose some sort of resistance. When you press down a D-Pad, it comes back up. When you push a stick, it flicks back. When you tilt a remote control to the left, it rolls over and lies on the floor.

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

Wow... this, IMO, really is gonna be pretty bad. Everyone's used to two-handers, and getting used to this will take forever. And SSBM and Sonic Gems? Major problems. And if you can't pause but have to put down the controller, it'll mess up the game. I'll have to wait til it comes out, though.

Wow... this, IMO, really is gonna be pretty bad. Everyone's used to two-handers, and getting used to this will take forever. And SSBM and Sonic Gems? Major problems. And if you can't pause but have to put down the controller, it'll mess up the game. I'll have to wait til it comes out, though.
    They have a start and select button I think you could pause. Also they would think in advance of things like this. Also there are going to be add ons like the joystick add on that you saw.

I dont see why you are all complaining about the controller >_>. In case you havent realized yet, you can use the GC controller or use the new addon for third party games nintendo is making. Hey.. at least is better than having a banana style controller !
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rose addict for life !
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Battousai Guest

Nay this controller makes ps3's boomerang I mean controller look like a holy shrine.
    Microsoft has the best controller hands down followed by the boomerang and then the remote.

The Battousai Guest

True Celebii but I doubt you can play revolution's games with it

BonzaiMudkip Guest

I don't think it'll be used for the revolution games.it might be used for that other thing that lets you play the old skool games.I'm not really sure,but i hope i'm right.If i'm not,how am i gonna hold the damn thing!?

mystic rukario Guest

I kinda like this new controller thing as it's different but don't pay attention to me because I've never played most of these systems. Oh yeah, Shiny charizard I talked to you about this in school but to refresh your memory but you can't double post. Edit instead after you post

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Charizard
    True Celebii but I doubt you can play revolution's games with it
    You can play the Revolution's games with the add-on. Researching things like that are good ideas, you know. Along with reading about how it can make other genres work or work better, or reading up on what people that have handled the thing say about it.

On topic, I welcome this innovation.

Shiny Charizard, dun double post. >.>

Anyways, I think Nintendo's doing a bold thing, here. Sure, not that many people will Like the New Remote Control Controller, but I'm willing to give it a shot. =)

Besides...

I can see offline SSBR Battles being extremely chaotic with thing, if that's any sort of consolation. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax
    And you can pretty much count out games like Final Fantasy, GTA, Resident Evil being ported now, games are going to have to made exclusivly for it, not ported. Whether you see that as a good or bad thing.
    Why? Final Fantasy all you need is a D-Pad and two buttons, Resident Evil will be perfect for it, slashing your knife and aiming will be much easier and GTA only requires a Analogue stick and a two buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Charizard
    Nay this controller makes ps3's boomerang I mean controller look like a holy shrine.
    Microsoft has the best controller hands down followed by the boomerang and then the remote.
    Remote? Read the articles. It's a motion sensitive mouse with a slot for addons, such as the control stick added onto it.

<EDIT> Sorry for being rude up there... fixed it!
    Last edited by ShiningClefairy; 17th September 2005 at 3:42 AM.
    Dear Serebii forums members,
    ***I'm a guy!!!***

Improved PS1: PSone
    Improved PS2: PStwo
    Improved PSP: You figure it out

*Pair up: Sharingan*

I like Yoshis. If you do, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Yoshi Dragon)

Current system specs:
    IBM PowerPC "Gekko" 485MHz Processor, ATI Flipper, 24MB MoSys 1T-SRAM, 16MB 81MHz DRAM, Constant Angular Velocity drive, Sony 21" television

Future system specs:
    IBM Broadway 729MHz Processor, ATI Hollywood, 512MB internal flash memory, system memory unknown, same video output device

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast