Thread: First Ever Pokemon Card

Default First Ever Pokemon Card

Just a place discuss the first card/pack you ever got. Which cards you would have liked to tade for when you were a kid. Cards you've never owned and wish you did.

Like mine was this little guy right here.
    not even out of the original booster deck either.
    my friend richard gave it to me. traded it for a Voltorb the same day.
    Catchin em all since 96.

The first Pokemon card I ever got was Weedle, I'd of liked of to trade for a Dark Charizard. I wish I had owned Dark Charizard.

Credit to Junpearl63 for the banner

I'm not 100% sure, but I think my first Pokemon card was either a Diglett card or Charmeleon card from the first TCG expansion set that I found.

I had the original starter set, so my first was, uh, whatever was in that. So, kinda hard to nail down an exact first.

My first card was a ratatta. My friend gave it to me, and I kept it around for a while. Boy did I treasure it, and boy did it get wrinkled...a lot.
    I don't know where my old card collection is. Man it was HUGE!
    I don't really collect the cards anymore. I have a few of the newer ones in my room somewhere.
    I kind of want to get some more cards now so..lol. Maybe this weekend.
    As for cards I wish I owned...Charizard I guess. :P
    Well I finally bought Alpha Sapphire and I chose Treecko.

I don't battle competitively. Please respect that. I play for the thrill of the adventure.

I still have my first original card set in a card book in my closet. I remember there was a holographic Kabutops in there!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

My first two Pokémon cards ever were a a Base Set Starmie and a Jungle Jigglypuff, both of which were in German if I recall correctly. I got them from a relative long before I started collecting Pokémon cards. Then Nintendo Power gave out a few Promos to tie in with the E-Reader, and that's when I actually started collecting.

Cards I want to own? Hmm. That's a tough one. I would probably like to own a few more of the Shining Pokémon from Neo Destiny (though I am glad to have both Shining Raichu and Shining Mewtwo!). I also would like to have a complete set of the Crystal Type Pokémon (since I have only some from Skyridge and none from Aquapolis). And I never got any of those Basic Energy cards from HeartGold SoulSilver with the really cool artwork (see here for one example). I'm sure there's a ton of other cards I'd like to have, like full art Trainer Cards (because I don't have any in real life), probably some EX cards from relatively recent days, and some Primes from HGSS, you get the idea. Oh, and Secret Rare cards. Those are always cool...
    Trawling (not trolling) the Forums for North American Club Nintendo codes.
    They'll be no good past the end of this month, so if you're not going to use them, please PM them to me and I'll put them to good use!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Fighting energy, which I traded for an itemfinder, (ego alert) I've been making pro moves since day 1.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I cant remember my exact first card, but I remember my first booster (back in the original base set) was a holo Zapdos.

Shiny Hunter since 2010

My first was a Jynx from Base Set!

ACCIOPOKEBALL.JCINK.NET
    An AU Pokemon/Harry Potter Crossover RPG
    Statless | No Word Count | All OCs | NC16

London, 2015. Wizardfolk and Pokémon live happily alongside each other, away from the mundane Muggle eye.
    We are an alternate universe Potterverse + Pokemon crossover set in the locale of the Potter books.

One of my first cards was Jungle Holographic Wigglytuff. It was my prized card.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

some geodude (don't rememeber set) from a vending machine I lost it

if you praise goomy and want helix to burn to hell put this in your sig (started by vanillite1)
    99.9% of everyone at SPPF have a sig. If you're part of the .1% that doesn't, put this in your- Ah, shoot!
    chansey sweep!
    F. E. A. R. this guy?
    my awesome sweep XD

credit to astral shadow
    click my pokemon

pokefarm Q profile
    I have claimed vanillish and pokemon battle trozei

First card was a Horsea from one of the earlier sets. Found it in a ball pit at a McD's. I didn't care about Pokemon at the time but I still thought it was cool. =P I liked trading for Pikachu cards and had a mini-collection going. Would've liked to trade for any of the flying/surfing/b-day Pikachu cards but never came across them. =/ And a card I wish I owned is Latias* (from the Deoxys expansion?). Was able to get a Latios* from a friend and wish I had the other to complete the set, especially since she's one of my favorites.

Pikawho?: 2148 8311 0090 (3DS) ; Piak48 (NNID); Noibat, Fraxure, Sliggoo (FS)

My first were the cards they gave away when the Pokemon movies were first in theaters back in 1997, the Pokemon the Movie 2000 and Mewtwo ones. I still have them now actually, somewhere.
    Friend Code: 1564-3276-9539, Ground safari Phanpy, Nincada, Diggersby
    Name: Ani-Mei, X name Theia, Y name Virgil
    AS name Yuna, OR name Tidus

My first cards were the EX Power Keepers Combusken and Base Set Vulpix, which I kinda just found on the ground and then decided to start collecting. Though I guess it's nice that what's now my favorite Pokémon type happened to have got me into the series in the first place.

BTW, my username is supposed to be "Bastion Bob," but I guess I'm stupid.

i don't remember the first regular card i pulled, but i remember my first holo. my very first booster pack i pulled a Ninetales the same day i got the theme deck with holo Nine. I got two cards of my favorite pokemon the first day i've mainly slowed down in collecting all the cards and stick to only my favorite pokemon. i have almost every Growlithe/Arcanine cards (just missing 3 total) and every Vulpix card except the new one and the McDonalds Japanese promo.

when i was a kid there were three cards i wanted above all else: Lilypad Mew, Vending Charmander, and CoroCoro Shiny Mew. i got CoroCoro Lily Mew (non-mint) a few years back and got Charmander mint as a surprise extra when i got Bubbles Mew. Just need that elusive CoroCoro Shiny.

Today overall cards released, i'm looking for: Delta Species Shiny Charizard from EX Dragon Frontier more than any other.

kinda on topic, does anyone know the rules for checking for fakes on the newer cards? i only know the rules for the old ones.

Current Hatched/Caught Shinies: Vulpix, Ninetales, Chansey, Vivillon
    Safari (Water): Octillery, Wartortle, Frogadier - Need Sligoo, Sawk, Braxien
    Ninetales Claimed March 16, 2015

Click image for Shrine

I got my first in 2008 so I don't know. But my first and only level x Garchomp C

2/3ds Friend code:0104-1468-6275 IGN:Marc